By Kevin Siembieda
One game system – every genre – countless worlds – endless adventure
We continue to work like maniacs to finish books. For those of you into Palladium Fantasy ... Garden of the Gods™ is pretty astonishing in a number of ways with dozens of godly artifacts, blessings and a zillion ideas for adventure.
Here are the release dates you have been waiting for:
- The Rifter® #83 – Ships July 25 – I love this issue and think you will too. A lot of fun and provocative RPG source material.
- Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One – Softcover – ships July 25 – people who have seen the proofreader copy have loved it. That includes a fan from Utah. Hey, Tim, hope you had a good time at Palladium and made your flight.
- Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One – Gold Edition Hardcover – ships August 9.
- Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One – Megaverse® Insider Pre-Orders: Physical Product – ships around August 9 or 12 when we get the hardcover editions. Those of you getting only the softcover, or softcover and Digital, we will try to ship the softcovers out before we leave for Gen Con, but if not, as soon as we get back. We may not have the time to do it with us loading up the truck on July 29 and 30, and leaving for Gen Con at the crack of dawn on July 31. We hope you understand.
- Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One – Megaverse® Insider Digital Edition – ships around August 12. Historically, we send out the Megaverse Insider Digital Edition around the same time that we ship the physical books. Not available to the public at large until sometime after February 1, 2020.
- A free PDF Sneak Preview of Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One is available now on DriveThruRPG. Check it out. It should give you a good idea of what you can expect from this sprawling sourcebook for players and Game Masters.
- Garden of the Gods™ – Ships in August, but we hope to have some advance copies at Gen Con. This sourcebook is so good I could not bring myself to rush it in time for Gen Con. We’ll try to get some advance copies for Gen Con, but don’t know yet. 160 pages of fantasy goodness.
- LOOK! A Christmas in July SALE at DriveThruRPG.com – all Palladium PDFs (and lots of other things) are on sale, making it a great time to try new settings and expand your PDF reference library.
- Other book titles are moving along. In between Gen Con prep, writing and everything else, we continue to work on other upcoming books including Rifts® Titan Robotics™, The Rifter® #84, Rifts® Chaos Earth®: Psychic Scream™ and In the Face of Death™ sourcebook for Dead Reign®. All of which are scheduled for release over the next five months. I have artwork being completed for all of these titles as well as work being done on a few others.
Gen Con – August 1-4 – Booth 1317 – Palladium Books®
We can’t believe Gen Con is almost here. Wow. We are excited about it and hope to see a lot of Palladium fans there. If you are attending – please drop by to say hello. Make sure you take advantage of Palladium’s Gen Con Coupon Book Offer. And enjoy playing in the 40+ Palladium gaming events on the Gen Con schedule.
Please bring books for us to sign and come meet me and the crew. Get the latest books hot off the press as well as backstock titles. This is a great time to snag sourcebooks you’ve been thinking about, try a new game setting, fill holes in your collection and to get whatever you buy signed.
In addition to RPG books, we’ll be bringing along original art, one-of-a-kind negatives from old books (they look like woodcuts), Rifts® baseball caps, coffee mugs, pens, prints, collector items, and Chuck Walton draws wonderful character sketches at reasonable prices. Oh, and we’ll also have 50 or so copies of the gorgeous Necronomnomnom Cthulhu Cookbook (color hardcover) from our pal Tom Roache to sell. This first printing is almost sold out so get ‘em while you can. And Tom will be there to sign books and tell you about what’s coming next.
We love Gen Con because it is a way to meet and chat with you, and we always have a fun time. So come on over. We’ll be waiting for you.
The Palladium Books booth is #1317 located behind Upper Deck and near Fantasy Flight. Meet the following Palladium creators:
- Kevin Siembieda – writer, game designer, Publisher
- Charles Walton – artist and concept man
- Glen Evans – writer
- Brandon Aten – writer
- Sarah Aten – helper and consultant
- Mark Oberle – writer
- Wayne Smith – editor, The Rifter®
- Thomas Roache – writer and game designer
- Madman Mike Leonard – artist
- Jeff “NMI” Ruiz – game events organizer
BACK IN STOCK – Monsters & Animals (Fantasy) – available now
This fan favorite creature resource for the Palladium Fantasy RPG® is back in stock. 120+ monsters, 200+ animals, all described, statted and accompanied by maps showing exactly where they can be found in the world. Classic monsters like the Chimera, Harpies, Kelpie, Pegasus, Unicorn, Werebeasts, etc., plus all kinds of unique creatures such as Bearmen, Devil Digger, Dragondactyl, Entities, Faeries, Jungle Ogre, Land Squid, Lizard Mage, Maxpary, Mummy Immortalis, Rahu-Men, Tree Eels, Waterbat, Wing Tips and more. Plus G.M. tips and conversion notes for Mega-Damage settings.
- 120 Fantasy monsters, easy to adapt for most settings.
- 200+ S.D.C. animals.
- Maps showing where in the Palladium Fantasy World they are found.
- Conversion notes and tips. Easy to adapt to Rifts® and Phase World® (as alien creatures), Heroes Unlimited™ and other settings.
- Art by Kevin Siembieda and others.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Erick Wujcik and Matthew Balent.
- 240 pages – $26.99 retail – Cat. No. 454 – Available now.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #83 – At the Printer – Ships July 25
The Rifter® #83 focuses on people, places, and adventure for Rifts®, The Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, and Beyond the Supernatural™, plus Treasures of the Megaverse®.
The Rifter® is all about new ideas, pushing the envelope, trying new things and alternative methods, rules and approaches to create epic adventure! There is no one way to look at things. Open your mind to the infinite possibilities. Remember, adventures and source material for one game setting can also be adapted to other world settings with some easy and obvious modifications.
- Treasures of the Megaverse® for Rifts® and other settings by Carl Gleba.
- Operation Minotaur, an adventure for Beyond the Supernatural™ by Hendrik Härterich.
- Half-Ogre race for Palladium Fantasy RPG® by Ian Herbert.
- Prophet O.C.C. for Palladium Fantasy RPG® by Ian Herbert.
- Hunter/Vigilante for Heroes Unlimited™ by Matt Reed.
- The Superspy/Secret Operative for Heroes Unlimited™ by Matt Reed.
- News, Coming Attractions, adventure ideas, and more.
- 96 pages – $14.99 retail – Cat. No. 183 – Ships end of July.
UPDATE: Rifts® Bestiary™, Volume One – At the Printer – Ships July 25
It’s done. It’s awesome. It’s at the printer! An opening from Erin Tarn about the Savage Wilderness. 80+ creatures. Maps. Dynamic art. Cool animal pets, companions, attack animals, riding animals and slobbering monsters. Adventure ideas galore. For Players and Game Masters alike. Softcover ships in July. The hardcover Gold Edition ships in August. Megaverse® Insiders getting hardcovers ship in August. See the new description elsewhere in this update.
UPDATE: Rifts® Bestiary™, Volume One – Gold Collector’s Hardcover – At the Printer – Ships August 9 or 12
This attractive, limited edition, collector’s hardcover has a leatherette cover imprinted in gold foil, and is signed and numbered by Palladium staff and maybe a few contributing artists and writers. It is very limited at only 400 copies and destined to be a collector’s item. Historically, Palladium’s gold editions have doubled, tripled or increased in value many times over as a cherished collectible. Cat. No. 896HC. Available only from Palladium Books. Sold on a first come, first served basis. Please note the slight increase in price at $55 due to the increased size of 256 pages.
UPDATE: Garden of the Gods™ – Ships August
Garden of the Gods™ – ships in August, but we hope to have some advance copies at Gen Con. This sourcebook is so darn good, and there are so many cool things to include in it, that I just could not bring myself to rush it in time for Gen Con or a July release. We’ll see if we can get a box or two of advance copies shipped special to us while we are at Gen Con. No promises, but fingers are crossed. If not, we will bring at least a dozen quality photocopies. 160 pages of epic adventure, magical artifacts, and doomsday weapons of the Old Ones. See the new description later in this Update and in our online store.
UPDATE: Dead Reign®: In the Face of Death™ – August or September release
As soon as I am finished with Garden of the Gods, I am back to work on In the Face of Death™. An end of August release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Chaos Earth® – Psychic Scream™ – September or October release
A ton of interior artwork has been finished with additional material being turned out. If the new description for Psychic Scream™ doesn’t get your heart pumping, I don’t know what will! Rescheduled for a September or October release. Shooting for September.
UPDATE: Rifts® Titan Robotics™ – Fall release
Man, oh man, this book is going to be epic. More finished artwork and concept sketches come in every few day and are looking fabulous. I continue to make notes and we are all pumped up about this power armor, robot, and weapons filled sourcebook.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #84 – August release
Wayne has made his selections and I will be assigning artwork soon. Another great issue full of fun and ideas.
UPDATE: Rifts® Antarctica™ – Fall or Winter Release
Nothing new to report. I think Rifts® Antarctica™ is going to surprise and delight a lot of people. It is also a great example of the fun you can have with the Raw Editions. The sold out Rifts® Antarctica Raw Edition is a far cry from what the finished book is going to be. Those of you who bought the Raw Edition get a glimpse at Palladium’s creative process. When you compare the two, you’ll see what we kept, what we eliminated, what we added, and how we embellished the material to reach the creative finale of the finished book coming this fall or winter. Fun and educational for those of you who aspire to be writers yourself or just like to have the inside track at Palladium. And true of all Raw Editions vs the finished book. Probably a fall or winter release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Bestiary™, Volume Two – Winter Release
Nothing new on this front, but we all want it to be released as quickly as possible. Looking at a winter release.
UPDATE: The Disavowed™, Living Nowhere™, Beyond the Supernatural™ sourcebooks, and other titles
These titles and several others are NOT forgotten and are in various stages of active production or waiting for production. As always, just because a book is not specifically listed in every Weekly Update, it does not mean it is discontinued or in limbo, it means there are more immediate things to talk about or there’s no substantive news to report. We are anxious to put as many of the books you’ve been waiting for into your hands as possible over the next 18 months. That includes Chaos Earth® First Responders™, Rifts® Antarctica, Rifts® CS Arsenal™, Rifts® Living Nowhere™, Beyond the Supernatural™ sourcebooks, more Fantasy sourcebooks and other titles. So if a book you are waiting for is not mentioned in an Update, it means there is nothing new to report, but it should still be in the pipeline and news for it will be coming in the weeks or months ahead. Right now, we are focused on releases for the next six months, which by our count is 6-7 titles. And many of them are in various stages of production or development.
New on DriveThruRPG.com – Christmas in July Sale – Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One FREE Sneak Preview
It’s time for DriveThru’s annual Christmas in July SALE – all Palladium PDFs (and lots of other good things) are on sale, making it a great time to try new settings and expand your PDF reference library. And don’t miss the FREE Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One Sneak Preview to see what you can expect from this big, fun monster book. Enjoy.
We are lining up a number items to be added on DriveThru – Rifts® Dimension Book™: Secrets of the Atlanteans™, The Rifter® #81 and #82, the 3 Rifts® novels, as well as a few other things.
Recent PDF additions include The Rifter® #80: A big 112 page issue filled with “official” source material for Palladium Fantasy RPG® Rifts® Chaos Earth® (setting and monsters), Splicers® (desert setting), Heroes Unlimited™ (villains), and more. Palladium Fantasy RPG® Interactive Character Sheet: a Microsoft Excel-based character management system. Packed with features and data collected from every official Palladium Fantasy sourcebook to enable you to create Fantasy characters quickly (25 minutes!) and help you to update and manage them for years to come. The Rifter® #79 (Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, Gaming through History, G.M., and more), The Rifter® #78 (the Modern Necromancer, Palladium Fantasy®, Rifts®, Splicers®, more); Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™, the Coalition’s response to the escalating Minion War™ crisis, Psi-Battalion, CS Demon Hunter, special training and more).
Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Three: Zombies, Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Two: Civilians and Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume One: Survivors. There are also paper miniatures for Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy® and Rifts®. A new, up-to-date, PDF Palladium Books Catalog. Nightbane® Dark Designs™ sourcebook with 60 new Common Talents, 38 new Elite Talents, 18 new Morphus Tables, all other Morphus Tables collected and more. Systems Failure™ RPG, a 160 page RPG that deals with alien invasion and a post-apocalypse setting that is fun and dynamic. Civilization is on the verge of collapse when the so-called "bugs" invade and turn humans into zombie-like slaves. Monsters, heroes and fun. A complete RPG and setting. Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two: 256 pages of technology and fun. 30+ power armors, 30+ body armors, 15 combat vehicles, 45 vehicles (hovercycles, etc.), 10 robot haulers, the Robodome and more. Bizantium and the Northern Islands™: the northernmost part of the Known World, the Cold Born, Necromancy ships made from dead sea serpents, 15 creatures, Random Sea Monster Generator, and more. Rifts® Northern Gun™ One. This fan favorite might be thought of as the big book of giant robots – an in-depth look at Northern Gun, 70+ weapons, 27 robots, NG O.C.C.s, key people and places, and much more. Mysteries of Magic™ Book One: The Heart of Magic™ with Wizards, their Apprentices, nearly 60 new magic spells and remember, magic and monsters in the Fantasy RPG are easily adapted to Rifts®, Chaos Earth®, HU2 and other settings. Wolfen Empire™ Fantasy sourcebook, the Great Northern Wilderness and Killer Winters, 12 Wolfen Tribes, Wolfen military and society, 15+ creatures, 5 full adventures, 101 adventure ideas, random encounter tables, notable people, places, plus FREE Sneak Previews of The Rifter® #80, The Rifter® #81, The Rifter® #82, and more on DriveThruRPG.com.