By Kevin Siembieda
One game system – every genre – countless worlds – endless adventure
We are pumped up. I have artists and editors working on numerous books, including Rifts® Bestiary Vol. One (almost done), Garden of the Gods™, In the Face of Death™, The Rifter® #83 (epic), The Rifter® #84 (also epic), Chaos Earth® Psychic Scream™, Rifts® Antarctica™, Rifts® Titan Robotics™, and MANY others! I can’t remember the last time we had so many books in development at the same time. It’s crazy and exciting. And exhausting, yet great fun. Gosh, I love what I do. A couple books should make it into spring releases, the rest are summer and beyond. They are all pretty freakin’ awesome.
Holy moley, the Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sale was such a hit that we actually sold out of a couple Fantasy titles! Fear not, we will be sending them in for reprint pronto. We’ll keep you posted next update. We hope you enjoy our new sale just as much.
NEW Sale! Has Avengers®: Endgame blown your mind? Does it make you want roll up superhuman heroes of your own and save the world? Yes! Then do we have the sale for you, our Heroes Unlimited™ & After the Bomb® Sale at prices to make Thanos envious. We are putting most Heroes Unlimited™ and ALL After the Bomb® titles on sale for one week only. Play any type of hero you can imagine: Super-Solder, Alien, Mutant, Immortal, sorcerer, cyborg, humanoid mutant animal, power armor-clad walking tank and much more. Complete details below.
Gamers are going bonkers over the Palladium Fantasy RPG® Interactive Character Sheet. We are delighted so many of you are going wild over this digital product. Of course, what’s not to love? Prysus did an amazing job, and will continue to tweak and upgrade it. Thank you, Travis. The following glowing comment, below, represents the vast majority of the feedback we have been receiving. The exclamation points and capitalizations are his. G.R. writes, in part: “I just want to give kudos for finally doing it with an official Interactive Character Sheet!!! I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! ... This will help with the Palladium Megaverse! Awesome job, I love Palladium!” Thanks G.R., right back at you. We love you and all our fans and supporters. And we appreciate you and your feedback.
There are more exciting products coming, so hang tight. And even more in development. There’s no stopping us now.
NEW! Heroes Unlimited™ & After the Bomb® – available now
MOST Heroes Unlimited™ and ALL After the Bomb® titles are on sale at prices to make a superhuman blush. The core rule books and most adventure sourcebooks for both game lines are on sale. And remember, the After the Bomb® RPG and AtB sourcebooks can be used to make all sorts of animal mutant heroes in the vein of Rocket Raccoon, Ninja Turtles, etc., to create humanoid animal heroes of all kinds. We are also including The Rifter® #78, #79, #80, #81 & #82, all of which contain source material for Heroes Unlimited™. On sale for one week only. Sale starts now and ends after midnight on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. Be a hero.
NEW! A smash hit! Palladium Fantasy RPG® Interactive Character Sheet – available now
Gamers are going wild over the new Palladium Fantasy RPG® Interactive Character Sheet. More than 100 have sold since it was announced in last week’s Update. All of us at Palladium are thrilled so many of you are enjoying this helpful and fun product. A bargain at $3.
The Palladium Fantasy RPG® Interactive Character Sheet is a Microsoft Excel-based character management system. Packed with features and data collected from every official Palladium Fantasy sourcebook, this sheet saves you time and hassle with each character you create.
Features & Benefits:
- The Main Character Sheet Page collects the important data from across multiple tabs and puts it in one place for quick and easy reference.
- Separate sheets examine character construction (worktable), Skills, Magic, Psionics, and Combat in greater detail.
- Built-in leveling system that calculates skill advancement for you!
- Experience Tables for over 80 O.C.C.s already programmed.
- Recognizes the percentages for nearly 150 skills, plus combat bonuses for over 20 Weapon Proficiencies and 7 Hand to Hand styles.
- Calculates the speed and distance a character can run and jump based on character Attributes.
- Also calculates how much a character can lift, carry, and throw for humanoids, Giants, and Supernatural Beings.
- Add in your own Hand to Hand style, custom Skills, unique Weapon Proficiencies, and Experience Tables.
- Estimated time to build a character reduced by 20% or more.
- Instructions on how to use the sheet included, as well as a video walkthrough below.
- Important Note: This character sheet is built to be used with Microsoft Excel 2010+ and it comes in .XLSX format. Opening this file in other spreadsheet programs is NOT guaranteed to work as intended.
- Only $3.00 – available now!
- Watch the Overview video here: https://vimeo.com/322271758
UPDATE: Pinnacle’s Rifts® for Savage Worlds® Kickstarter a huge success
We want to congratulate Pinnacle Entertainment for their big success with their Rifts® American Armageddon Kickstarter. It was funded within 7 minutes and went on to get $230,000 in pledges in less than 30 days. It was for three new Rifts® Savage Worlds® sourcebooks, all set in North America: Arcana & Mysticism, Blood & Banes, and Empires of Humanity, plus updated core rule books, G.M. screen, and other items like Rifts® dice, bennies, and more.
Rifts® for Savage Worlds® is just one of the many expanding and exciting Palladium related products and licenses coming your way in the months ahead. Keep your eyes peeled to the Palladium website and these Weekly Updates for news about Palladium game releases and other news.
UPDATE for Bestiary Megaverse® Insider Participants
1. PLEASE make sure we have the correct name to include in the Credits for Bestiary Vol. One. Everyone who participated in the Rifts® Bestiary Megaverse® Insider offer will see their name credited in the book under the category they participated in: Inside Help, Cyber-Insider, Crimson Beast, etc. HOWEVER, a few categories such as In Memoriam and A Real Character require YOU to provide us a name other than your own. Most of you did that, but some did NOT. Please do so at your earliest convenience, but no later than May 17, 2019. Send it to us via the Palladium Help Desk, check the box next to Orders/Store, and under What’s going on? enter: “Insider Name” as well as how your name should appear in the book. As we approach sending this book to the printer we must have this info soon! Thank you.
2. We will post an advance Megaverse® Insider credits page in a week or two for you to examine to make sure we spelled all your names correctly.
3. To those of you getting one or both of the Insider, limited edition hardcovers, I am happy to inform you that your hardcover editions are going to be very limited collector items, with roughly 150 of the Color Hardcover and 150 of the Crimson Edition Foil Hardcover. Nice. Thanks again to all of our Insiders for your support.
UPDATE: Rifts® Bestiary, Volume One – May/June release
We are all working like mad, with the guys editing as fast as I pound out the writing for the last old and new beasts. Don’t forget, we are not just collecting monsters and animals from Rifts® books and reprinting them, I am updating each and every one of them. Making every creature feel like something new and expanded. Each one a comprehensive description filled with fun surprises and ideas for adventure and various uses by players and G.M.s alike. Beasts from across the Megaverse and ranging from delightful and helpful to monstrous and alien. Roughly 100 monsters and animals in the Rifts® Bestiary Vol. One, alone. Plus words from Erin Tarn about the wilderness of North America. May/June release.
NEW! Rifts® Bestiary™, Vol. One “Gold Edition” Hardcover
Because you like hardcover editions so much, Palladium is also offering a limited, signed and numbered, mass market Gold Edition hardcover for Rifts® Bestiary Vol. One. Same interiors as the soft-cover edition and the super-limited, Megaverse Insider hardcover editions (only around 150 of each).
- Gold foil on a black leatherette hardcover.
- Sewn and glued for long-lasting durability.
- Limited to 400 or 500 signed and numbered copies.
- Signed by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium staff.
- 224-256 pages – $50.00 retail – Cat. No. 896HC (Volume One) – in final production. An end of June release for the Gold Edition hardcover.
UPDATE: In the Face of Death™, a sourcebook for Dead Reign®
As soon as I am finished with Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One, I dive into finishing In the Face of Death™. I can hardly wait. A summer release.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #83 – End of May or early June release
Wayne has made his selections and I am assigning artwork. This is going to be a great issue full of fun source material. It includes:
- Treasures of the Megaverse® for Rifts® by Carl Gleba.
- Operation Minotaur for Beyond the Supernatural™ by Hendrik Härterich.
- Half-Ogres for Palladium Fantasy RPG® by Ian Herbert.
- Prophet O.C.C. for Palladium Fantasy RPG® by Ian Herbert.
- Hunter/Vigilante for Heroes Unlimited™ by Matt Reed.
- The Superspy/Secret Operative for Heroes Unlimited™ by Matt Reed.
- News and Coming Attractions.
- 96 pages – $14.99 retail – Cat. No. 183 – end of May or early June release.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #84 – End of June or early July release
Wayne has made his selections and I will be assigning artwork soon. Another great issue full of fun and ideas.
- Source material for Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural™, and more!
- John Zeleznik cover.
- 96 pages – $14.99 retail – Cat. No. 184 – end of June or July release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Chaos Earth® – Psychic Scream™ – Summer release
I will be trying hard to release this epic sourcebook by Taylor White with additional material by me, Kevin Siembieda, in July. No promises, but I am pumped.
UPDATE: Garden of the Gods™ – Summer release
Charles “Chuck” Walton has fine-tuned the cover pencils and sent it to his digital painting partner. I continue to determine and assign artwork. Garden of the Gods™ is a unique adventure engine that should give players and Game Masters plenty of fuel for their characters and games. The Raw Preview Edition gives you a great idea of what you can expect when the finished book is released later this summer. We cannot wait to get all these books into your hands. I am shooting for an end of July/Gen Con release, but August is probably more realistic.
UPDATE: Rifts® Titan Robotics™
I have been approving concept drawings all week. As noted in the last Update, I have a couple of artists working on the interior artwork now, and will be assigning more to others. A summer or fall release, which depends on how quickly some other projects come together.
UPDATE: Rifts® Bestiary™, Volume Two – Fall release
Artist supreme, Charles “Chuck” Walton and I discussed the concept for this cover at some length, and he is in the process of creating an even more dynamic and powerful cover for Rifts® Bestiary Volume Two than what you have seen. Splugorth are still prominent, but ... well, you’ll see it in a few weeks. We all want it to be released as quickly as possible. Looking at a fall release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Antarctica™
Nothing new to report. I think Rifts® Antarctica™ is going to surprise and delight a lot of people. It is also a great example of the fun you can have with the Raw Editions. The sold out Rifts® Antarctica Raw Edition is a far cry from what the finished book is going to be. Those of you who bought the Raw Edition get a glimpse at Palladium’s creative process. When you compare the two, you’ll see what we kept, what we eliminated, what we added, and how we embellished the material to reach the creative finale of the finished book coming this fall or winter. Fun and educational for those of you who aspire to be writers yourself or just like to have the inside track at Palladium. And true of all Raw Editions vs the finished book. Probably a fall or winter release.
UPDATE: The Disavowed™, Living Nowhere™, Beyond the Supernatural™ sourcebooks, and other titles
These titles and several others are NOT forgotten and are in various stages of active production or waiting for production. As always, just because a book is not specifically listed in every Weekly Update, it does not mean it is discontinued or in limbo, it means there are more immediate things to talk about or there’s no substantive news to report. We are anxious to put as many of the books you’ve been waiting for into your hands as possible over the next 18 months. That includes Chaos Earth® First Responders™, Rifts® Antarctica, Rifts® CS Arsenal™, Rifts® Living Nowhere™, Beyond the Supernatural™ sourcebooks, more Fantasy sourcebooks and other titles. So if a book you are waiting for is not mentioned in an Update, it means there is nothing new to report, but it should still be in the pipeline and news for it will be coming in the weeks or months ahead. Right now, we are focused on releases for the next six months, which by our count is 6-7 titles. And many of them are in various stages of production or development.
New on DriveThruRPG.com – Heroes Unlimited™ & After the Bomb® SALE – available now
ON SALE – ALL Heroes Unlimited™ and After the Bomb® (Mutant animals) PDF titles are ON SALE at DriveThru starting now thru May 15, 2019. Has Avengers®: Endgame blown your mind? Want to play superhumans and kick evil’s behind? You can with this sale.
Play any type of hero you can imagine: Super-Soldier, Alien, Mutant, Immortal, sorcerer, robot, cyborg, power armor-clad walking tank, Martial Arts Master and much more. And remember, the After the Bomb® RPG and AtB sourcebooks can be used to make all sorts of animal mutant heroes in the vein of Rocket Raccoon, Ninja Turtles, etc., to create humanoid animal heroes of all kinds. We are also including a few recent issues of The Rifter® which contain source material for Heroes Unlimited™. On sale for one week only. Sale starts now and ends after midnight on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. Unleash your inner hero!
We continue to work on a number of new PDF releases for DriveThru, including the three Rifts® Novels, The Rifter® #80, more Paper Minis, a few free things, and maybe a few surprises, so keep your eyes peeled.
Recent PDF additions include The Rifter® #79: gaming through history, the Kingdom of Rifts® New Oslo, a Rifts® short story, the Heroes Unlimited™ Stage Magician, tips on running a campaign, and more. The Rifter® #78 with the Modern Necromancer for use with Nightbane® and other settings, the City of Khemennu Part 2 for Palladium Fantasy®, the Nexus Zone for Rifts®, the aftermath of I Am Legion for Splicers® and more. Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™, the Coalition's response to the escalating Minion War™ crisis, uniting D-Bees, mages and heroes of every stripe to stand against this Demon Plague. CS psychics and Psi-Battalion, CS Demon Hunter, new CS power armor, cyborgs, gear, special training and more. Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Three: Zombies, Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Two: Civilians and Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume One: Survivors. There are also paper miniatures for Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy® and Rifts®. A new, up-to-date, PDF Palladium Books Catalog. Nightbane® Dark Designs™ sourcebook with 60 new Common Talents, 38 new Elite Talents, 18 new Morphus Tables, all other Morphus Tables collected and more. Systems Failure™ RPG, a 160 page RPG that deals with alien invasion and a post-apocalypse setting that is fun and dynamic. Civilization is on the verge of collapse when the so-called "bugs" invade and turn humans into zombie-like slaves. Monsters, heroes and fun. A complete RPG and setting. Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two: 256 pages of technology and fun. 30+ power armors, 30+ body armors, 15 combat vehicles, 45 vehicles (hovercycles, etc.), 10 robot haulers, the Robodome and more. Bizantium and the Northern Islands™: the northernmost part of the Known World, the Cold Born, Necromancy ships made from dead sea serpents, 15 creatures, Random Sea Monster Generator, and more. Rifts® Northern Gun™ One. This fan favorite might be thought of as the big book of giant robots – an in-depth look at Northern Gun, 70+ weapons, 27 robots, NG O.C.C.s, key people and places, and much more. Mysteries of Magic™ Book One: The Heart of Magic™ with Wizards, their Apprentices, nearly 60 new magic spells and remember, magic and monsters in the Fantasy RPG are easily adapted to Rifts®, Chaos Earth®, HU2 and other settings. Wolfen Empire™ Fantasy sourcebook, the Great Northern Wilderness and Killer Winters, 12 Wolfen Tribes, Wolfen military and society, 15+ creatures, 5 full adventures, 101 adventure ideas, random encounter tables, notable people, places, plus FREE Sneak Previews of The Rifter® #80, The Rifter® #81, The Rifter® #82, and more on DriveThruRPG.com.