Mystic Kuznya

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gripmann
D-Bee

Mystic Kuznya

Unread post by Gripmann »

According to Mystic Russia the Mystic Kuznya O.C.C. can "forge any metal object from nails and horseshoes to swords and chalices of the finest quality in one tenth the time it would take an ordinary smith to make a comparable low quality item." So how fast is that. Does it take a month, week or day to make a low quality item. Just trying to get a base so I can present the character to my group. Is there a book that details smithing items?
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Re: Mystic Kuznya

Unread post by Natasha »

The rule we used for normal modern-day smithing is 5 days/kilogram (that's about 2.5 days/pound) of the final product.
Gripmann
D-Bee

So I guess there are no books that outline that part of this O.C.C. So I guess it's all house rules from here.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

None that I know of. The PFRPG Hinterlands book might have something you could go from.
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

I think it's more dependent upon the complexity of the object.

You can probably pump out a hundred horse shoes in a day, or a couple hundred nails. But if you were to try and make an ornate chalice it might take you several days...

And no...there are no rules in the book. You could always do a web search for blacksmithing...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Gripmann
D-Bee

Yeah I looked on the internet and there's no time associated with let's say making a sword. All the different factors (kind of metal, size, weight, how fancy you want to get) will change how much time it takes. I also looked in the Palladium Fantasy book on page 271 which give repair times for armour. Oh well house rules it is. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Rifts®”