City of Brass

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

City of brass

It's an evil place
75%
It's leaders are evil, but not everyone who lives there is.
25%

Total votes: 12

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

City of Brass

Unread post by dark brandon »

exudairre wrote:Also, just because the leaders of the City of Brass are evil, doesn't mean all of the people who live there are (same applies to the CS). This means that leaders of Dweomer, while they may want to get rid of Dunscon, would not reveal information to lead to the City of Brass' destruction for it would mean innocent lives would needlessly be lost (presuming they even know where it is or how to get to it).

exudairre wrote:Well, the slave population for the City of Brass c. 105 PA is nearly 1/4 of the overall population (FoM p.32-33). If one were to say 1/4 of the population of a city were criminals, I think it would suffice to say that the city in question would have many criminals. The point is, three thousand to five thousand lives out of about twenty-five thousand is considerable.

This aside, by 109 PA the population has swollen considerably (Rifts Aftermath p.102). Many of these people are refugees, although more mercenaries, demons, and other malevolent forces have flocked there. However, it would be unreasonable to assume that every refugee that fled to the City of Brass is evil. After all, the Federation, at least on the surface, offers them protection from the CS and as we see with the CS, even good people are willing to tolerate atrocities as long as they are protected. Many people who have fled may not even be aware of Dunscon's true colors.

Just curious as to what other people think...is the city of brass as the CS? Evil leadership, but decent people living in it? Does a slaves life make a city worth "saving"?
Last edited by dark brandon on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Re: City of Brass

Unread post by Shadyslug »

I think that you need more options in your poll...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

I think it's largely an evil place, and that the refugees willing to take refuge there would be evil ones. Given the description of what goes on there (human sacrifice common, undead like murder-wraiths out in the open now, greater demons strolling around in important positions, etc.) I'd say anyone of a better alignment wouldn't want to stay if they had any options at all.

Some of the slaves would probably be of higher alignments, just as slaves in Atlantis are, but that doesn't change the overall tone of the place.

But where was the poll option for "It's an evil place, just like the CS" ? ;)
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
dark brandon
Knight

Talavar wrote:But where was the poll option for "It's an evil place, just like the CS" ? ;)

I didn't want to make this any more than it is. When I say "Like the CS" I mean, it's like the CS where the leaders are evil, but not everyone who lives there is.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
dark brandon
Knight

Shadyslug wrote:I think that you need more options in your poll...

I think it's a rather black and white question.

Is the city of brass a place one would concider "evil".

If you think it needs more options, please expand on it.
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

dark brandon wrote:
Shadyslug wrote:I think that you need more options in your poll...

I think it's a rather black and white question.

Is the city of brass a place one would concider "evil".

If you think it needs more options, please expand on it.

Your second poll option is...well...questionable.

And the City of Brass is just a place. The people who live there are evil...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...

Return to “Rifts®”