Cosmo-Knight Sourcebook?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

That was indefinately delayed. Unfortunately. I would loved to have that in my collection. Maybe someday in the future someone will write a manuscript for it and submit it. And then it is printed.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I would prefer the Cosmo-Knights be left generally as they are. At least in regards to the Cosmic Forge and all the mysteries surrounding it/them. It's better to leave some things to a GM so they can fit it into their own campaign.

I like how the Cosmic Forge is shrouded in mystery. Any more definition in regards to that underlying mystery just kind of ruins the feel for me. The Cosmo-Knight class itself is full of opportunities for more information and variation. It would make a great Rifter article if someone gets around to it.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Aramanthus
Monk

Still You have to admit that they could be further explored. Even a 96 page source book to expand on them further. It would be cool to have variants. I know I'd like to see them expanded on.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I'd be hesitant to pick up this product if it ever did come out, depending on what is in it.

I'd be afraid that they'd try to make a bunch of new OCCs, break the Cosmo-Knight up into various purposes like a bounty hunter, warrior, diplomat, etc.

The Cosmo-Knights as written should be able to handle just about anything, there's no need to specialize them except through skills.

I don't want to see the Forge detailed anymore, it should be kept a vague deific force.

Not really sure what else there would be to cover and fill a book.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Speaking of which, is there anywhere in the megaverse where I can find info on the Xodian collective?
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Speaking of which, is there anywhere in the megaverse where I can find info on the Xodian collective?

That would be in The Anvil Galaxy. p. 136.
Nexus Point link
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Aramanthus
Monk

Nice links! Thank you for sharing them with us! :D

HH....FIE
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

:shock: I'm in love with this site, how did I not know about this site before this?!
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

LostOne wrote:

:shock: I'm in love with this site, how did I not know about this site before this?!

It's Vinny's labor of love. [Martha Stewart]It's a good thing.[/Martha Stewart]
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Aramanthus
Monk

Vinny created it? I didn't know that! It's a great site!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

That is the reason it's always up to the GM for what is final in their game. :D

HH....FIE
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Aramanthus, there is always the decision not to use the book as well...

I am trying to convince a certain freelance writer to do it after his other projects are finished.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

No.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Braden Campbell wrote:No.

I'm sensing you are torn about that decision, Ill ask again later.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Aramanthus
Monk

I admit I'd like to see that certain writer write it too! :D

HH....FIE
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Braden Campbell wrote:No.

No, No, No, Braden. That's not how you do it. You do it like this:

[Doom3] No. [/Doom3]
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!!!! That is a great way to do that Devillin! :lol: :D

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”