your What ifs...for Rifts.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

your What ifs...for Rifts.

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

I made one based on What Atlantis was uninhabited?

The New Republic had survived, Archies fighting the Bugs, and The full republican force took Chi-Town and replaced the leadership.

Emperor Prosek became North America's leader, but had to follow the edicts of the New republic...(Can see the rebellion already coming?)

The Federation of magic is losing a war. After the war is the real fun.

I have a closer and more aware Pecos Empire gearing up to stop a CS attack. They are at truce with Republicans, a 'Live and let live' situation.

so what your "What if's"?
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Well I wish I could claim it as my own, but the best one I've run across is Darklord's Coalition of Magic.

As to ones I made, I think the one I did where most of Europe was under the control of a 'Vampire Lord' in the style of The Keep with the characters being based out of England and trying to work with the surviving Gargoyles and Triax to launch a sneak attack/artifact hunt in Romania to take down the Lord.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

For five years the Five Star Alliance posited a world in which several up-and-coming industrial nations allied with each other, effectively controlling the East, West, and North of North America, rebuilt infrastructure, established trade across the world, and got a foothold in space...Of course, the Splugorth were conveniently taken temporarily out of the picture by a Battletech Treaty of Tukkayid-like smackdown by a previously unknown god-pantheon that kept the Splugorth from expanding into North America for about 6 years...Alliances with a much larger New Roman Republic, Japan, Kingdom of Bath, and Russia promised a future 'global alliance' before the folks of 5ST broke up and went their own ways...
It was munchkin, it was gratiuitous self-promotion, it was fun. :D :D :D :fool:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rimmerdal
Knight

Daniel Stoker wrote:Well I wish I could claim it as my own, but the best one I've run across is Darklord's Coalition of Magic.

As to ones I made, I think the one I did where most of Europe was under the control of a 'Vampire Lord' in the style of The Keep with the characters being based out of England and trying to work with the surviving Gargoyles and Triax to launch a sneak attack/artifact hunt in Romania to take down the Lord.

Daniel Stoker

Yeah I got that one of DL. A great setting.
taalismn wrote:

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Lets see

my what if worlds
Rifts earth-12 CS, Archie and Freedom Station( the only surviving space station) locked in a war with Atlantis

Rifts Dark Earth, CS is the only remaining human power, a nightlord rules Europe,euraisa,middle east, africa and asia. FoM and Lazlo are gone thru an attack from the nightlord, Central america is under vampire control , since there is no atlantis here, thier forces control south america, a demon controls Antarctica and the land down under is under mechinoid control.

Rifts earth :Dark Days, FOM crushed chi-town and the CS were never born, Lazlo is the only force of good in the world and thy control the land of iron heart, FQ and north east of the old USA, NGR is only it last leg of a losing the war, Brodkill empire has conquered most of the old USSR, with the help of a russian warlord called the barbarian, Oni control all of japan.

Rift Earth better days, FOM,CS, Lazlo Tolkeen with the help of tundra rangers formed the United States of North America (USNA), NGR has control under most of Europe and the 4 Horsemen have arrived there, africa, asia , and russia are wastelands , south america is war zone, between vampires, arkrons, USNA and NGR.

Rifts Earth Archie's war , in a foolish move archie helped to bring NEXUS forces to rifts earth only save grace archie has is he took them to atlantis so, nexus control atlantis planning to attack europe.

Rifts Earth switched, Erin Tarn rules the CS with a iron Fist and Karl Prosek is teaches about the Evil of tarn and her evil kingdom , little jojo is leader of the NEMA with archie as his partner/friend/protector of Mrs Prosek and the Prosek childern. the rest of the world is the same.

Rifts Earth no man's land, it's just total anarchy
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Jefram_denkar
Rifts® Trivia Runner Up

Unread post by Jefram_denkar »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:Lets see

my what if worlds
Rifts earth-12 CS, Archie and Freedom Station( the only surviving space station) locked in a war with Atlantis

Rifts Dark Earth, CS is the only remaining human power, a nightlord rules Europe,euraisa,middle east, africa and asia. FoM and Lazlo are gone thru an attack from the nightlord, Central america is under vampire control , since there is no atlantis here, thier forces control south america, a demon controls Antarctica and the land down under is under mechinoid control.

Rifts earth :Dark Days, FOM crushed chi-town and the CS were never born, Lazlo is the only force of good in the world and thy control the land of iron heart, FQ and north east of the old USA, NGR is only it last leg of a losing the war, Brodkill empire has conquered most of the old USSR, with the help of a russian warlord called the barbarian, Oni control all of japan.

Rift Earth better days, FOM,CS, Lazlo Tolkeen with the help of tundra rangers formed the United States of North America (USNA), NGR has control under most of Europe and the 4 Horsemen have arrived there, africa, asia , and russia are wastelands , south america is war zone, between vampires, arkrons, USNA and NGR.

Rifts Earth Archie's war , in a foolish move archie helped to bring NEXUS forces to rifts earth only save grace archie has is he took them to atlantis so, nexus control atlantis planning to attack europe.

Rifts Earth switched, Erin Tarn rules the CS with a iron Fist and Karl Prosek is teaches about the Evil of tarn and her evil kingdom , little jojo is leader of the NEMA with archie as his partner/friend/protector of Mrs Prosek and the Prosek childern. the rest of the world is the same.

Rifts Earth no man's land, it's just total anarchy

Impressive; Each idea alone is good for a source book or two.

Dark days is very nice one Ill have to consider for my own next campaign.
I've got an advanced pre-rifts energy rifle, A soul drinking rune blade, living bio armor, and a hover truck full of nukes. So why do I feel under equipped for this??? (Sir Joe the Gardner 7th level Ogre Keeper of the garden on his first encounters with the Mechanoids)
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I agree. I would love to see more dimesnion books dealing with alternate history. Dark Lords Coalition of Magic would be amazing. I hope that one day it actually sees print.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Rimmerdal
Knight

The Galactus Kid wrote:I agree. I would love to see more dimesnion books dealing with alternate history. Dark Lords Coalition of Magic would be amazing. I hope that one day it actually sees print.

Maybe a section Rifters could put one or two in in each issue?
taalismn wrote:

Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Well we have

Rifts: tylenol - every time a civilization tries to advance itself to the status of the cs, fom, lazlo etc. it is cut down. Only small civilizations exist. The players seek to find the reasons that these cultures fail.

Rifts: age of violence - after the war between the fom and the cs and after the cs starts on its path to non-magic human supremacy the prosek family and his whole regime are destroyed by the worlds largest mercenary army. The army goes north and takes over iron heart where it resides to this day. The Cs is now run by a less than intelligent leader. Lazlo eventually decide that fom must be stopped. Free quebec now truly seeing the difference between the two sides joins with lazlo. The CS Tries to expand north to canada and runs into the bugs. The pecos empire has been united under a common leader. They see the weakened CS and using guerrilla warfare take over their southern territories. With no proseks to lead and lacking a powerful military are destroyed by the bugs. Tolkien is now in a battle for survival as the bugs have expanded and taken chi-town.
Atlantis never reappeared. Across the seas the ngr fought bravely as they took out the gargoyle empire with the help of the splurg, who destroyed them after the gargoyle empire fell. The splurg's only organized opposition now is the vampire kingdom which formed in the Chernobyl mountains instead of mexico. Mexico, southeastern america, the gulf, and the oceans around mexico are filled with dinosaurs and other extinct creatures. The rest of the world has no empires only chaos reigns.

Rifts: wet backs - the only places not destroyed and permanently flooded by the coming of the rifts are the places with the highest elevations. The sentient population is a mere 800,000. Things are stirring under the water that no one can understand. All things not water proof are scrap. Hope you like to swim.

Rifts: minority - the coming of the rifts and the coming of the others destroyed mankind. Humanity is on the endangered species list. Aliens, d-bees, and champions of justice seek to destroy the horde of monsters plaguing rifts.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Rifts®”