Zentraedi & Human breeding

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Humans & Zentraedi have Children?

Yes
96%
No
3%
Only Miriya & Max
2%

Total votes: 116

Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Zentraedi & Human breeding

Unread post by Snuffy »

Other than Dana, we don't see any breeding between humans and Zentraedi (funny, just noticed I capitalized Zentraedi but not human). Also, after the Macross Series, we do not see a full sized Zentraedi in any of the other series or any reference to them.

Most of the Zentraedi are micronized towards the end of the Macross saga, hence why we don't see much of the full size brutes. We have more full size Zentraedi in South America for the Malcontent Uprisings, but that is not considered canon. If it is considered canon, then we know some mixing of the genes do happen (Leonard & what's her name?...Marla?).

In the RPG, it is stated that a large amount of the Zentraedi went with the REF to battle the Masters. It is also suggested in Robotech II, The Sentinels pilot / 3 episodes.

I know that in the novels, Miriya has two children. And in the novels, Max & Miriya are the only two to mate and have children because of the "Shapings". I don't really want to hear facts from the Novels, they make my head hurt. It is fine if you use them in your game/world, more power to you. The novels were entertaining in a mirror world.

Other than Max & Miriya, can Zentraedi & Humans have children?
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I believe all the Zents can breed with each other and humans. And if you take the Macross Continuity in mind this truly pans out. But I just figure in the mass produced foods found on the Zents Ships, cause the soldiers to be sterile - a form of birth control if you like.

Miriya was on board the SDF-1 for a while before she hooked up with Max. Therefore she could get pregnant. Now if Rico and his other two companions hooked up near their end of the stay on the SDF-1 they could of gotten one of the bridge bunny's pregnant. But a good reason as why they didn't can be easily refuted about knowledge of birth control and reproduction in general of the human population versus the zentraedi population.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

IMHO, a interspecies reproduction between Zents and Humans is possible and has been done very often. How do youn think, that they could rebuild Earth after the RoD and have that many large cities?
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

Although I agree with both your ideas and they make sense, I would like to find something official (if anything exists). In others ideas that I've searched, it is given that the Zentraedi are genetically munipilated to be sterile. I believe this based from the novels, but may hold true.

Another item I would like to see in the new books, would be the stats for a Zentraedi/Human.........was this covered in the Macross II books? Or can it be extrapolated from the stats given for Dana?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Snuffy wrote:Although I agree with both your ideas and they make sense, I would like to find something official (if anything exists). In others ideas that I've searched, it is given that the Zentraedi are genetically munipilated to be sterile. I believe this based from the novels, but may hold true.

Another item I would like to see in the new books, would be the stats for a Zentraedi/Human.........was this covered in the Macross II books? Or can it be extrapolated from the stats given for Dana?

The Macross II books do have stat generators for Meltran/Zentran/Human hybrids and their descendants.

IN general, Ialways thought that the lack of more hybrids was due to a) they weren't important to the storyline, b) the Zentraedi were slow to adapt to the idea of sexual reproduction, c) lingering effects of diet and environment, d) a general lack of interest on the part of humans in reproducing(sex, yes, kids, no) with the Zentraedi, as well as a lack of desire in seeing aliens breed, when so many humans were lying dead...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:Once they tasted it, they won't get enough of it......

PLus, with dwindling numbers, they begin feeling their mortality, and a desire to have something to pass on to the future to continue their legacy..
The Zentraedi IMHO have always had a sense of the epic, with themselves center stage...defying the odds, fighting the impossible fights, triumphing over all odds...and having a new generation to carry that banner ever forweard would appeal to them
..And what greater challenge can there be, than parenthood?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

darkmax wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or it will either be a very non-existent experience for the female Zentraedi .
Theirs an Avengers comic that beggs to disagree with you on that note.

and no I cant post the link to the Image, People are STILL surprised that they actualy put that into a comic!
冠双
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Drakenred®™© wrote:
darkmax wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or it will either be a very non-existent experience for the female Zentraedi .

and no I cant post the link to the Image, People are STILL surprised that they actualy put that into a comic!

:shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:

EDIT: And now I've seen it. And again. :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
taalismn
Priest

Drakenred®™© wrote:

That's the time to...no....I can't say it....Nope, I wanna stay on the forums.... :nuke:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Drakenred®™©
Champion

taalismn wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:

That's the time to...no....I can't say it....Nope, I wanna stay on the forums.... :nuke:
Size Does matter?
冠双
taalismn
Priest

Drakenred®™© wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:

Size Does matter?

(YURGHK!)
****THUMP****
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Protoculture

Re: Zentraedi & Human breeding

Unread post by Protoculture »

Snuffy wrote:Other than Dana, we don't see any breeding between humans and Zentraedi (funny, just noticed I capitalized Zentraedi but not human). Also, after the Macross Series, we do not see a full sized Zentraedi in any of the other series or any reference to them.

Dana's sister, now acknowledged as Maia Sterling, appeared in RT: Animation, 1st in RT: Masters Saga as part of Dana's hallucination with FoL spores, & later appeared as a new CO of Skull Squadron in RT: Shadow Chronicles.

We may not see full sized Zents in later animation, but that didn't discounted 'micronised' Zents. In Sentinel animation both 'buckethead' Breetai & Exedore are present.

If it is considered canon, then we know some mixing of the genes do happen (Leonard & what's her name?...Marla?).

I believed the Zent malcontent gal is Seloy Deparra, former Quadrono comrade to Miriya.

In the RPG, it is stated that a large amount of the Zentraedi went with the REF to battle the Masters. It is also suggested in Robotech II, The Sentinels pilot / 3 episodes.

Are we simply to assume that the most micronised Zents joined the armed forces? There is a high probability, assimilated Zents would served as a perfect choice as would be civillian colonists to deep space following EF expansion to establish new colonies. Well-versed in space travels & its hostile environments, alien planets & such, the assimilated Zents colonists would be suitable to spearhead large scale colonisation drive following Gloval Iniative 2014.

I know that in the novels, Miriya has two children. And in the novels, Max & Miriya are the only two to mate and have children because of the "Shapings".

It is now an established fact & canon, Max & Miriya have two daughters:

- Dana Sterling
- Maia Sterling

Other than Max & Miriya, can Zentraedi & Humans have children?

Yes. Assimilated & cultured Zents post Malcontent Uprisings would either partnered with their own kind or simply with their preferred human spouses. Logical extrapolation.
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

taalismn wrote:
Snuffy wrote:Another item I would like to see in the new books, would be the stats for a Zentraedi/Human.........was this covered in the Macross II books? Or can it be extrapolated from the stats given for Dana?

The Macross II books do have stat generators for Meltran/Zentran/Human hybrids and their descendants.

In Macross II animation, Silvie Gena (an ace pilot with UN Spacy) is a direct descendant from Meltrandi (female Zents in Macross) & human pairing from her grandmother side.

It is also alluded in Macross II, Zents are thoroughly interbreeding with humans throughout 7 decades following the Space War I, so much so humanity in 2089 AD are direct descendants from human & Zents lineage.
taalismn
Priest

Protoculture wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Snuffy wrote:Another item I would like to see in the new books, would be the stats for a Zentraedi/Human.........was this covered in the Macross II books? Or can it be extrapolated from the stats given for Dana?

In Macross II animation, Silvie Gena (an ace pilot with UN Spacy) is a direct descendant from Meltrandi (female Zents in Macross) & human pairing from her grandmother side.

It is also alluded in Macross II, Zents are thoroughly interbreeding with humans throughout 7 decades following the Space War I, so much so humanity in 2089 AD are direct descendants from human & Zents lineage.

It's the bald 'Culture Monk' of obvious Zentran descent lauding the benefits of Human Culture on the TV that always gets me, when I watch the dubbed Macross II... :fool: :clown:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

darkmax wrote:yeah.... but Macross II is neither canon nor recognized by the Japanese...

Guld Goa Bowman from Macross Plus is part Zentradi and that is canon for the orginal Macross.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Shawn Merrow

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:
darkmax wrote:yeah.... but Macross II is neither canon nor recognized by the Japanese...

Guld Goa Bowman from Macross Plus is part Zentradi and that is canon for the orginal Macross.

Yes, but we're talking Robotech, not Macross. The Palladium books for Macross II have rules for hybrids.

Yes, but he was talking about Japanese canon.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Shawn Merrow

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:

Yes, but we're talking Robotech, not Macross. The Palladium books for Macross II have rules for hybrids.

Yes, but he was talking about Japanese canon.

Japanese canon for what? The original post is Robotech, which is an American bastardization of multiple series. It's important to keep in mind which series/game is being discussed since they have no honest correlation except some similar names and artwork.

Yes, I know very much that is has little to do with Robotech but it was brought up so I pointed out there was a Japanese canon mixed breed other then Max and Miriya kids.

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I would make it rare, but not impossible. Since the Zentraedi were a clone race, sexual reproduction would be somewhat unknown (since the truth about thier race was supressed by the Robotech Masters). Also, I would make it maybe 1 in 100 that a Zent/Terran hybrid is sucessfully brought to term, & the same ratio that they live to adulthood, due to the host of diseases still prevailent on Earth (even the common cold can kill); the Zentraedi lived, for the most part, in a germ-free controlled environment--their ships, suits & power armor.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

BookWyrm wrote:I would make it rare, but not impossible. Since the Zentraedi were a clone race, sexual reproduction would be somewhat unknown (since the truth about thier race was supressed by the Robotech Masters). Also, I would make it maybe 1 in 100 that a Zent/Terran hybrid is sucessfully brought to term, & the same ratio that they live to adulthood, due to the host of diseases still prevailent on Earth (even the common cold can kill); the Zentraedi lived, for the most part, in a germ-free controlled environment--their ships, suits & power armor.

If they didn't have the ability to reproduce normally, why go to great effort to segregate them, and treat them like separate races and do as much as possible to make sure they never found out about reproduction, and otherwise found the concept disgusting?

Genetics are interesting, If I'm not mistaken, things are either compatible, or not compatible. There is no real "in-between" mark. They can either reproduce, or not reproduce.
IIRC, in Sentinels, it says that Praxians are able to reproduce with humans and Zentraedi, with no real trouble except for the ratio of male to female offspring. All likely come from an original source of some source (effectively impossible chances of 3 different races to develop the same form/appearance and whatnot and be compatible), meaning all would be more or less capable of breeding with any of the other races.
Kind of like dogs or cats, there are so many breeds of both, yet more or less any dog can breed with any other dog (barring problems due to size differences), and more or less any cat can reproduce with any other cat.

As for disease, thanks to immunization shots, disease would not be much of a problem.
If the mother was human from Earth, then disease would be no real factor at all, as it would be the mother's immune system that would protect the unborn child, and that it would be the mother the child would have a jump start to their own immune system if the mother nurses the child.

Overall, since the Zentraedi are basically just humans genetically engineered to be able to be made large size, yet also be able to be made human size, it seems that the only factor would be which traits are dominant and which are recessive, and if the child has normal hair color or unusual hair color.
Superior physical capabilities might not even come into play depending on how a child grows up, and similar goes for superior mental capability.
You could end up with a human with unusual hair color, but otherwise be normal, or even have a full blooded Zentreadi child that grows up to be a scrawny nerdy type because of the experiences and lifestyle growing up.

Just look at Dana, nothing fancy about her except for her high PP. (and the fact she apparently dyes her hair somehow).
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Shawn Merrow

Of course this brings up the hardest job in Robotech Zentraedi Sex Ed teacher. How do you teach that class when the students freak out just over kissing. :lol:

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

R Ditto, I'm not saying it was impossible, just tightly controlled & enforced that they two genders were not permitted to "couple up", to use the vernacular.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
taalismn
Priest

Shawn Merrow wrote:Of course this brings up the hardest job in Robotech Zentraedi Sex Ed teacher. How do you teach that class when the students freak out just over kissing. :lol:

When you think of it, sexual reproduction -is- pretty gruesome...what self-respecting female Zentraedi would subject herself to THAT? They'd have to play up the whole "and you get to torture the male who knocked you up and make him wait hand and foot on you....." to make it attractive... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Misfit KotLD wrote:
darkmax wrote:start educating them early...or as with my country, take 20 years to do it. Introduce them to hollywood films from the early 70s all the way up to 2000. That way, they will get a "progressive" introduction.

And education in feminine hygiene to boot! :twisted:

Either the Masters use drugs in the diet to control/suspend the menstrual cycle, or else they allow it to occur...but once a month, the females get REALLY aggressive....

I mean, if the Masters wanted simply more agile pilots they could have designed smaller and faster male clones, so they had to have some other reasons for retaining males and females in the Zentraedi(perhaps to exploit differences in behavior between the sexes?).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Of course this brings up the hardest job in Robotech Zentraedi Sex Ed teacher. How do you teach that class when the students freak out just over kissing. :lol:

Gu-11 gun pod? It solves all the other Zentraedi related problems after all. :)
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Well, no. I haven't hitched a ride with Carrie Fisher in a nun outfit lately... :P :D :lol:
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

By the way, as far as reproduction, there is an "in-between" as far as compatibility. It's not just compatible or incompatible. Some seperate species are able to breed and produce an offspring, but the hybrid offspring are always infertile and incapable of reproduction themselves. For example, horses and donkeys are capable of reproducing, and their hybrid offspring are known as mules. Mules, however, are always infertile. Simularly, lions and tigers are capable of producing offspring (ligers if the male is a lion and female a tiger, or tions if vice versa), but their offspring are infertile.
That being said, I subscribe to the "dog breeds" example as far as Zentraedi and humans are concerned. We're different, but fully compatible.
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
taalismn
Priest

Sgt Anjay wrote:By the way, as far as reproduction, there is an "in-between" as far as compatibility. It's not just compatible or incompatible. Some seperate species are able to breed and produce an offspring, but the hybrid offspring are always infertile and incapable of reproduction themselves. For example, horses and donkeys are capable of reproducing, and their hybrid offspring are known as mules. Mules, however, are always infertile. Simularly, lions and tigers are capable of producing offspring (ligers if the male is a lion and female a tiger, or tions if vice versa), but their offspring are infertile.
That being said, I subscribe to the "dog breeds" example as far as Zentraedi and humans are concerned. We're different, but fully compatible.

Dogs of war, dude, dogs of war....
THat's what it comes down to; sex and violence...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Misfit KotLD wrote:
darkmax wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Ok, so you haven't either.

No. I haven't. Can't get any XXX stuff in Singapore. My first contact with such stuffs was a few years ago in Australia.
The I will explain. The rain forest is what you find when her panties come off. Think afro in her shorts.

Oh great...Now -I- want to scratch my eyes out....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

Sgt Anjay wrote:By the way, as far as reproduction, there is an "in-between" as far as compatibility. It's not just compatible or incompatible. Some seperate species are able to breed and produce an offspring, but the hybrid offspring are always infertile and incapable of reproduction themselves. For example, horses and donkeys are capable of reproducing, and their hybrid offspring are known as mules. Mules, however, are always infertile. Simularly, lions and tigers are capable of producing offspring (ligers if the male is a lion and female a tiger, or tions if vice versa), but their offspring are infertile.

Interesting insight.

I'm still wondering what the official "word" is from Harmony Gold since the only two children we see in the series is from Max & Miriya. Since I can not get an account over at RT.com (they never send a confirmation e-mail or have responded to my e-mails), would anyone here be able to post the question?
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Snuffy wrote:I'm still wondering what the official "word" is from Harmony Gold since the only two children we see in the series is from Max & Miriya.

Actually, we only see one child in Robotech: Dana. Max & Miriya's son (mentioned by Dana in Triumvirate) isn't shown and their other daughter is a hallucination by Dana (stated rather plainly by the Narrator in Catastrophe). However, it would seem to be a good bet that Max & Miriya had 3 children, as Dana is mentioned as the first cross-breed, not only, and the 'hallucination' of the other girl says she is Max & Miriya's other daughter, not other child.

A good guess is that Dana's little brother was killed during the Invid Invasion. Its possible that he would be somewhere around 15/16 by 2031, if the other girl is about 8 in 2030. That would make him of military service age when the Invasion began.
SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I wanna nuke!

Unread post by SailorCallie »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Actually, we only see one child in Robotech: Dana. Max & Miriya's son (mentioned by Dana in Triumvirate) isn't shown and their other daughter is a hallucination by Dana (stated rather plainly by the Narrator in Catastrophe). However, it would seem to be a good bet that Max & Miriya had 3 children, as Dana is mentioned as the first cross-breed, not only, and the 'hallucination' of the other girl says she is Max & Miriya's other daughter, not other child.

A good guess is that Dana's little brother was killed during the Invid Invasion. Its possible that he would be somewhere around 15/16 by 2031, if the other girl is about 8 in 2030. That would make him of military service age when the Invasion began.

I see it as an error on HG's part regarding Dana's biological brother, which is not true because her biological sister (Aurora/Maia) was already born by the time the Second Robotech War started on Earth.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Now would be a nice place to mention that in the Macross timeline, that M&M have 7 kids, with the youngest going with them on the colony ship/fleet M&M command. :P
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Did everyone get the link to the Avengers comic pannel that I mentioned who wanted it?
冠双
Shawn Merrow

Drakenred®™© wrote:Did everyone get the link to the Avengers comic pannel that I mentioned who wanted it?

Could you send it to me.

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Snuffy wrote:Although I agree with both your ideas and they make sense, I would like to find something official (if anything exists). In others ideas that I've searched, it is given that the Zentraedi are genetically munipilated to be sterile. I believe this based from the novels, but may hold true.

The breeding of Zentraedi / Maltraedi with Human (and resultant stats for the hybrids) is given in the Macross II main book (now out of print).
No official stats were given for robotech though...as Karl Maceck was somking crack and decided that only ONE hybrid would ever be born..okay..2 .
The TRUE macross time line has MANY Zent/Mal + Huamn crossbreeds though. Guld Gowa Bowman was one such half-breed ;)
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

RSCF & SailorCallie - We know there is a second daughter (Aurora/Maia.....I think it is Maia) from....well, another movie and that's all I'm saying. Don't want to ruin anything more. Interesting note about Dana having a brother, I never caught that in Triumvirate. I will need to watch it again carefully.
taalismn
Priest

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Now would be a nice place to mention that in the Macross timeline, that M&M have 7 kids, with the youngest going with them on the colony ship/fleet M&M command. :P

No WONDER she looks so disgruntled in Macross 7(though admittedly superior Zentraedi genes and a killer exercise regimen have done wonders for her), and he looks exhausted and put-upon...
Of course, we're assuming they didn't adopt, or that there wasn't an extra-marital affair in there...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:you meant Miriya?

Yep...she does look rather arch in Macross 7...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Drakenred®™©
Champion

ok sent.
冠双
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

DhAkael wrote:

The breeding of Zentraedi / Maltraedi with Human (and resultant stats for the hybrids) is given in the Macross II main book (now out of print).
No official stats were given for robotech though...as Karl Maceck was somking crack and decided that only ONE hybrid would ever be born..okay..2 .
The TRUE macross time line has MANY Zent/Mal + Huamn crossbreeds though. Guld Gowa Bowman was one such half-breed ;)

In the Robotech Sentanls: Malcontent Uprisings comic we find out why Lenord hates aliens so much. Is because he and a Female Zentradie had a boy together and she took the boy to the jungles where the boy died. So while in RT it might be unlikely that humans and Zents to have children together, its not an absolute incombatablitiy problem. Its probibly more a spending enouph time together problem to beat the odds.

"Mirria Wins Agine!!!" :p
if you can tell me where this quote is from then 1,000 geek points for you.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
taalismn
Priest

Misfit KotLD wrote:
darkmax wrote:See! Even if I don't detour from the original topic, someone else always will! :D

And I will be there with the "Off Topic Stick." :P

Yep...concussions are always great for sending folks 'off topic', since you micronians are not as easily distracted by the same forms of visual stimulation that we Zentraedi are(at least initially)
(Cut to the video billboard of 'Miss Minky HotWax' with a squad of full sized Zentraedi splayed out unconscious in front of it)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:I don't think The Zentraedi are the only ones who will be on the ground....

Okay, so Maistroff might have another sudden coughing fit...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Actually, I find it more likely that Zentraedi would think the man & woman were fighting/wrestling, if they saw a porno. I doubt they'd be shocked at all, at least at first :P :lol:

"How is he subdueing this female...?"
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:I think you are talking about foreplay.... but the actual intercourse and the reaction of the female, also her body, would shock the hell out of those "cavemen"

So the Zentraedi indoctrination must allow them to be able to tell the difference between a groan of pain and a groan of pleasure...though I can think of no (non-sexual) equivalent that the Zentraedi might be familiar with...

"Grod! She's making those noises you make when you're loading your Battlepod's guns!"...no, that just doesn't sound right....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Masters, in their genius, must have figured that sexual frustration, without knowing the exact reasons(or mechanisms) would lend itself to an increased aggression in their Zentraedi forces...with diet and indoctrination keeping them at that borderline between being antsy and twitchy without going overboard and running on instinct....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

what has come up in Sci-Fi over and over agine is that in societies that only has one sex, is for them to find 'lovers' in their own ranks. So the question is 'how did the masters get around this problem of their troops finding out how to pleasure themselves w/o the opposit sex avalible?'
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

Well, the indoctrination angle will do the trick.

Look at the Victorian era, some things were very taboo, and they had all sorts of excuses against various things, and many accepted things, even if they were very much wrong, and only had any relation to what the people in charge of things had said as far as what was right or wrong.

The Zentraedi could have it drilled into their heads that certain things are bad or even dangerous, and that it would reduce their ability to be good warriors...
a calm, chilled out and relax Zentraedi isn't going to be good in battle, and not acting like a bold aggressive warrior will probably send up massive red flags all over the place and get them "re-educated" in very painful ways (in order to "purge" their system, and whatnot).

Another possibility is drugs/chemicals in their food supplies that supress assorted hormones and urges.

If the Zentraedi are away from all that constant exposure to their warrior culture, exposed to the assorted cultures of Earth, some of the "no no" things get less and less reinforced as they find out there are no penalties on most places on Earth for certain things, and they eat human food and the spiked zentraedi stuff gets out of their system, they stop being so pent up and... well, for starters, Mirya ends up getting married and having kids... :P
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

Well in the comics and the novels half breeds are mentioned.
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

Alot of Virgins and hot to boot and all no doubt are houris (nymphs of paraside) as well.You love being a Sentinel or RDF or REF and the Army of Southern Cross as well.
taalismn
Priest

Princedarkstorm wrote:Alot of Virgins and hot to boot and all no doubt are houris (nymphs of paraside) as well.You love being a Sentinel or RDF or REF and the Army of Southern Cross as well.

"Welcome to Sex Ed, maggots...In this course we'll show you the how-tos of being a well-adjusted sexual being without being a total dork or a menace to society...although just looking at some of you, I can only hope that some of you never enter the gene pool..."

(What, can't you see the drill instructor from 'Full Metal Jacket' doing a sex ed course for Zentraedi?)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”