So, Any Announcements?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

So, Any Announcements?

Unread post by Preacher »

Any announcements made at open house that can be discussed or disclosed to us poor fanboys who were unable to attend?
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Sooooooooo many... I can't even count. However, I don't know which I'm allowed to talk about and which I'm not (TGK swore me to secrecy about Madhaven). So I'm afraid that I can't be of much service in this regard (I know a few of the freelancers that would hunt me down if I revealed what they are working on, but there is a LOT of really cool stuff in the works). However, since someone already posted about it, Kevin is examining the possibility of a Rifts manga.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Warwolf wrote:Sooooooooo many... I can't even count. However, I don't know which I'm allowed to talk about and which I'm not (TGK swore me to secrecy about Madhaven). So I'm afraid that I can't be of much service in this regard (I know a few of the freelancers that would hunt me down if I revealed what they are working on, but there is a LOT of really cool stuff in the works). However, since someone already posted about it, Kevin is examining the possibility of a Rifts manga.

Preacher prolly means stuff discussed at panels, not secret things you wormed out of writers when you had them liquored up and tied to a sheep. ;)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

No THAT was a secret that I disclosed willingly considering Warwolf has preordered the book and will be getting it soon enough. YOU DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW the secrets I gave up while tied to that sheep... :oops:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

I don't know how much of this was already known, but from the panels and talking with freelancers, I gathered a couple of tidbits: The Galactus kid mentioned a Sovietski sourcebook he was working on after Triax 2. Todd Yoho is tackling Rifts: India. DLDC seems to have made some more progress with Rifts: Middle East, as well as his Coalition of Magic (which sounds awesome). Jason Richards is working on some CE stuff, and Mark Dudley and Kevin were talking about the Rifts manga mentioned above.

I know there's a great freelancer collaboration on the horizon for the 25th anniversary that Levi came up with, and Kevin seems to like, but that I'm sure, is supposed to be a surprise for the fans.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
The Galactus Kid

Jaguar Wong is right. My section of the freelancer collaboration is almost done too. It was a great idea that really got me thinking.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mark Dudley wants to do the art for Warpath: Urban Jungle
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Galactus Kid

Mark Dudley wants to do the art for everything. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Jaguar Wong wrote:I don't know how much of this was already known, but from the panels and talking with freelancers, I gathered a couple of tidbits: The Galactus kid mentioned a Sovietski sourcebook he was working on after Triax 2. Todd Yoho is tackling Rifts: India. DLDC seems to have made some more progress with Rifts: Middle East, as well as his Coalition of Magic (which sounds awesome). Jason Richards is working on some CE stuff, and Mark Dudley and Kevin were talking about the Rifts manga mentioned above.

I know there's a great freelancer collaboration on the horizon for the 25th anniversary that Levi came up with, and Kevin seems to like, but that I'm sure, is supposed to be a surprise for the fans.

Wow, if DLDC got KS to even left Rifts: Middle East show up in a Rifter, that'd be both a shock and the news of the month.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Marrowlight wrote:Wow, if DLDC got KS to even left Rifts: Middle East show up in a Rifter, that'd be both a shock and the news of the month.

Yeah, well Kevin seemed genuinely interested. Me and DLDC have a couple things in the works ourselves, but I don't know where they will end up (Rifter, part of a book, books themselves). Hopefully now you all will be seeing some of my work along with that of DLDC (c'mon I'm not going to ride his coattails, I have to gain some credit for myself). I will also say Jason's second book is something I've wanted to see since the inception of CE (he, rerollmuch?, and I even kicked aroud some ideas about Psychic Storm while at Denny's). Carmen has a SLEW of stuff in the works as well (but when does he not). :)

Oh, and the sheep was child's play. You should have seen what happened when the goat came out! :demon:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

Shadow_otm wrote:There was made mention, during the freelancer panel, that they do have plans for the west coast of Rifts' north america.

I believe it was Carmen Bellaire who wanted to do this, in which it was titled "Shining California" or some such, in which CA is now the grounds for Hollywood. Which has survived and continues to produce movies and survives on high-tech holograms and other such machines and gimicks. How much of this is true? Dunno. That's what i heard though. He seemed fairly serious.
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.
The Galactus Kid

Play nice rae. hahahaha

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

I mentioned some things about Mechanoid Space to Brandon.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Rae --*DLDC's girl* wrote:Actually, we got a pretty thorough rundown on everything Palladium plans on doing for the next 7 or 8 years, but we were all sworn to secrecy. Sorry 'bout your bad luck. Maybe next time, huh? :P

Nah, not really. I know stuff half the time before pretty much anyone but can't discuss it lest a horde of raging lawyers decend on me. :D
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Kevin mentioned he still wants to do Mechanoid Space, just wants to find the time to do it right.
Still has ideas for Void Runners which he went into a litte more depth.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Galactus Kid

There are alot of ideas about the future of splicers. Carmen has alot on his plate right now, but is still tossing alot around.

Hannibal
Explorer

Unread post by Hannibal »

Carmen indicated that he's got a heavt schedule but that good Splicers manuscripts from some other interested writers could be a possibility in the future. He also indicated that he will be doing the Lazlo books when he finishes with his personal writing project, and the Lazlo series will likely be a set of three books.
Benito Pulatso
Explorer

Unread post by Benito Pulatso »

Hannibal wrote:Carmen indicated that he's got a heavt schedule but that good Splicers manuscripts from some other interested writers could be a possibility in the future. He also indicated that he will be doing the Lazlo books when he finishes with his personal writing project, and the Lazlo series will likely be a set of three books.

Three books...this means only the first two are going to get published, right?

I keed, I keed.
Marrowlight
Knight

Benito Pulatso wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Carmen indicated that he's got a heavt schedule but that good Splicers manuscripts from some other interested writers could be a possibility in the future. He also indicated that he will be doing the Lazlo books when he finishes with his personal writing project, and the Lazlo series will likely be a set of three books.

I keed, I keed.

Them grapes, they taste sour eh? :D

Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

HOLY CRAP!! I can't believe I forgot this! Allen and I were talking to Todd Yoho and we got the skinny on some new stuff he's planning on bringing into Rifts (perhaps a rifter, but this is so good it needs to be released as like a 12 page source book or something).

Dragon's wearing Glitterboys with boomguns that fire Dragons wearing Glitterboys. Truly awesome!! I know he said he was feeling a bit under the weather, but that obviously didn't stop him from really dropping some serious ideas on the table while we ate pizza. Tell me that isn't awesome.

Plus someone asked Apollo to draw a redneck ley line walker, and we just sat around and built on a redneck mage concept (Ley line walker, or Techno Wizard) complete with pickup truck with dimensional room in the bed to haul anything, with a gunrack for the rifles of course.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Jaguar Wong wrote:HOLY CRAP!! I can't believe I forgot this! Allen and I were talking to Todd Yoho and we got the skinny on some new stuff he's planning on bringing into Rifts (perhaps a rifter, but this is so good it needs to be released as like a 12 page source book or something).

Dragon's wearing Glitterboys with boomguns that fire Dragons wearing Glitterboys. Truly awesome!! I know he said he was feeling a bit under the weather, but that obviously didn't stop him from really dropping some serious ideas on the table while we ate pizza. Tell me that isn't awesome.

Plus someone asked Apollo to draw a redneck ley line walker, and we just sat around and built on a redneck mage concept (Ley line walker, or Techno Wizard) complete with pickup truck with dimensional room in the bed to haul anything, with a gunrack for the rifles of course.

We really need another Rifter 9 and 1/2. :wink:
Insert 400 character limit here.
Benito Pulatso
Explorer

Unread post by Benito Pulatso »

Marrowlight wrote:
Benito Pulatso wrote:

I keed, I keed.

Them grapes, they taste sour eh? :D

Fist-shakingly so!

*shakes fist*

Return to “Palladium Open House”