Answer to Kevin's Bring Back Robotech RPG thread

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Answer to Kevin's Bring Back Robotech RPG thread

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Simple answer- HECK YES!!!!!!!

As to what should happen in my opinion-

1. The old books need updating, to bring them in line with HG's streamlined canon material and timelines.
2. The original Palladium materials were fun! I love the EBSIS as an antagonist throughout the different generations.
3. Do compile like era RPG material. All Macross era books can be lumped into a Rifts:UE style book, as well as Southern Cross, and New Generation.
4. Yes, Kevin- if Palladium does pick up the license again, The Shadow Chronicles adaptation is a MUST.

Peter
aka Grand Paladin
Last edited by Grand Paladin on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Answer to Kevin's Bring Back Robotech RPG thread

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Grand Paladin wrote:Simple answer- HECK YES!!!!!!!

1. The old books need updating, to bring them in line with HG's streamlined canon material and timelines.
2. The original Palladium materials were fun! I love the EBSIS as an antagonist throughout the different generations.
3. Do compile like era RPB material. All Macross era books can be lumped into a Rifts:UE style book, as well as Southern Cross, and New Generation.
4. Yes, Kevin- if Palladium does pick up the license again, The Shadow Chronicles adaptation is a MUST.

Peter
aka Grand Paladin

It all sounds great to me. :ok:

Just as long as they don't upgrade the stats on the mecha, making them more powerful to fit in with Rifts.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Rimmer
Adventurer

Re: Answer to Kevin's Bring Back Robotech RPG thread

Unread post by Rimmer »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Grand Paladin wrote:Simple answer- HECK YES!!!!!!!

3. Do compile like era RPB material. All Macross era books can be lumped into a Rifts:UE style book, as well as Southern Cross, and New Generation.

Peter
aka Grand Paladin

It all sounds great to me. :ok:

Just as long as they don't upgrade the stats on the mecha, making them more powerful to fit in with Rifts.

Both points seconded !!

Atually i wouldn't mind down-powering of most of the mecha.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think I can say this enough...YES!!!

First, I think that the old stuff should be treaked to R:UE standards and compiled into one book. Having that all together would be GREAT!!!!

Secondly, I don't know a whole lot about the series past the macross saga, so I don't know about the Shadow Chronicles.

Thirdly, would there be any way for the MACROSS PLUS timeline to break in? I know there is a site that has alot of the Palladium stats already done. Check it out HERE

Oh...YES BRING IT BACK!!! (did I get my point across?)
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

EDIT: Changed my mind, I'd rather NOT see it come back.
Last edited by Dustin Fireblade on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Thirdly, would there be any way for the MACROSS PLUS timeline to break in?

No, for more reasons than I care to list, not the least of which is that Macross Plus and The New Generation are concurrent with one another (Plus happens in 2040 and the 21st Mars Division's return is in 2044).

As for reacquiring the Robotech RPG, I can put it no plainer than the entire system needs to be revamped. No more Cyclones with 200 MDC main body if the Zentraedi Battlepod only has 50MDC. The new Robotech has to be totally brought into line with the Robotech from the Tv series (and Im not talking about the fights over ER/LR, I mean as far as mecha and capabilities are concerned).

A Robotech Ultimate Edition would be a good start, one that had rules to cover ALL eras of Robotech and not simply The Macross Saga. I haven't spent 5 yrs at Robotech.com arguing with chuckleheads just to get screwed over again as a Robotech Masters War fan. I'm more than willing to lend my collection of artwork and information from The Southern Cross if it means that it gets the proper treatment it deserves.

As a suggestion, to save on artwork and time, maybe a new Robotech RPG should break from the traditional Palladium mould of having totally brand new interior artwork in favour of using line art (which is now more common and easier to get ahold of), stills from the Tv series and original artwork (maybe some colour plates ala the Rifts RPG, perhaps reusing some of the old Robotech RPG covers and a splash of new ones?). A hardbound version with slick interior (maybe how WotC now does their RPG books).
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Definitly a yes here.

Let us the players put a few ideas at the big man. I like the Mecha idea's KC has. much more sensible.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
The Galactus Kid

I'm guessing this will be a big topic of discussion at the open house.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Rimmerdal
Knight

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm guessing this will be a big topic of discussion at the open house.

They should get a print out of the Thread I started. but skip past the legal discussion and to the game stuff parts.

This one...

viewtopic.php?t=46155
taalismn wrote:

Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

YES!

And on behaf of all members of the EBSIS..

DA!!!!
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Please Bring Back Robotech

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Yes

I say go for the Ultimate Edition Robotech to bring it in line with the rest. I say compile a few of the books together in a nice hard bound book!

Then do an ultimate Sentinels!!!

Cool, I might get a chance to write for Robotech......

Carl
Last edited by Carl Gleba on Wed May 16, 2007 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

I would love to ride a second Robotech revolution!
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Uh...let me think...Yes. Yes, Palladium should. :D

Then I might have something to finally do with all that source material I'd been working on for my Robotech games all these years.
Insert 400 character limit here.
Hunter Killer

Unread post by Hunter Killer »

Well, I loved the RPG, but a new version would have to correct all the mistakes and missing information from Southern Cross and New Generation. I grow especially weary of the Southern Cross blunders and oversights.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

My opinion?

Streamline the rules, but also print up a 'rules-lite' for those of us who already have the books & really can't see spending all that money buying the same books all over again.

Combine "out-of-print" books with similar themes; the RDF Manual, Zentraedi sb, Accelerated Training Manual, Strike Force, ect. into "The RDF sourcebook" along with any new & relevant data. Also, do the same with the Macross Era adventures, Southern Cross, Invid Invasion, ect.

Produce some new Era-specific books, such as the Reconstruction/Malcontent era.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

HELL YEA!!!!

Bring them back... I have been looking for the RT books but cannot find them except at Cons for alot of cash.

I have a HELL YES vote for the bring back HT. Id reccomend

1) Second Edition of the old stuff.
2) New material
3) GM Guides (stuff that has information on all mechs, and what not in one book)
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

yes, but only if you fix some of the more glaring errors

for example the MACII should do decent damage with its main guns, but at a penalty to actualy hit anything thats not another warship

The Beta (despite being the ultimate muchkin dream machine) should more accuatly reflect how it is in the serries

The Wing missles in the VF are 2 hardpoints per wing on early versions, and only on a few strike versions later on had three hardpoints per wing

The GU-11 did not use a clip.

heck I could go on all week.
冠双
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Abso-FREAKIN-lutely!

However, what I love about the original Robotech books, was the relative power levels of MDC vs SDC. I liked that it was comparatively rare for a normal soldier to have a Mega-Damage weapon that dealt significant damage to mecha. If I were to make a suggestion it would be this:

A Robotech Ultimate Edition is a brilliant suggestion, but don't increase the power levels too much. I like Mega-Damage as a VERY dangerous instrument of destruction, and would prefer that the average soldier in body-armour were terrified by the prospect of facing it on the battlefield.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Drakenred®™© wrote:The Wing missles in the VF are 2 hardpoints per wing on early versions, and only on a few strike versions later on had three hardpoints per wing

Uh, sorry, incorrect. Macross Design Works shows all models of the VF-1 Valkyrie only have 2 hardpoints per wing. The only thing is that the outer hardpoint can mount 2 long range missiles instead the 1 on the inner (thats why in DYRL? the Valkyries have the 15-shot multi-ejector rack on the inner hardpoint and 2 long range missiles on the outer).
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Hell Yes

My vote is for an Ultimate Edition. All that I ask is that there be no rule inconsistencies. The least amount of copy and paste as possible. The final manuscript checked, rechecked than rechecked again to be error free. Give the new book the artwork it deserves. I loved the Robotech Rpg when it first came out. It was the second game that got me into gaming. I have always disliked the art.

Granted the new game may never be released though if it is it an opportunity on Palladiums part to not repeat the mistakes of the past.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:The Wing missles in the VF are 2 hardpoints per wing on early versions, and only on a few strike versions later on had three hardpoints per wing

Uh, sorry, incorrect. Macross Design Works shows all models of the VF-1 Valkyrie only have 2 hardpoints per wing. The only thing is that the outer hardpoint can mount 2 long range missiles instead the 1 on the inner (thats why in DYRL? the Valkyries have the 15-shot multi-ejector rack on the inner hardpoint and 2 long range missiles on the outer).
then why do the animaton guide sheets for DYRL clearly show two diferent wings for the VFs, one of which has three wingmount hardpoints and one with two per wing, along with a note that said the wing with three hardpoints was only to be used on the custom Vakery.

Either way my point stands because technicaly DYRL is not part of Robotech, and thus the VF weapon systems that were published latter in the serries is based on the same Art error that shows wings holding 3 single mounted missles.
冠双
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Re: Please Bring Back Robotech

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

First off, that's a big fat YES from Josh.

Second off, yes, give it an RUE-like treatment. Though it should be called "Second Edition" as in this case it truly would be a second edition.

Carl Gleba wrote:Cool, I might get a chance to write for Robotech......

That hadn't even occured to me....now that it has though: :D :D :D

-------------

Side Bar: Yes, Do You Remember Love? IS NOT Robotech, it is Macross. Not "Macross Saga Robotech" but "Macross" as in the original Japanese Anime from which Robotech was created (some would say ripped off) from.

~ Josh
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Drakenred®™© wrote:then why do the animaton guide sheets for DYRL clearly show two diferent wings for the VFs, one of which has three wingmount hardpoints and one with two per wing, along with a note that said the wing with three hardpoints was only to be used on the custom Vakery.

I have 3 books that I checked: Macross Perfect Memory, This is Animation Special: DYRL and Macross Design Works and I'm telling you the Valkyrie only has 2 hardpoints. If that is not enough, I'll direct you to Egan Loo's Macross Compendium, which is recognized by everyone in the know (Big West, Harmony Gold, Studio Nue and probably Tatsunoko) as the authority on something like this: Macross Compendium VF-1 Valkyrie file. It says, and I quote 'Four pivoting underwing hard points' which means 2 hardpoints per wing. There is no way to get a third hardpoint on that wing as it would cause the wing to probably sheer off in flight in an atmosphere if it were loaded with anything.

Now, its true, though, that the VF-1 has nose lasers in Robotech as well as vertical stabilizer mounted micro-missiles (seen in First Contact IIRC).
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Basara_549 wrote:I vote Yes - And I volunteer to help revise it.

After all, I was working on an unsolicited second edition when it all went down, and still have worked on it a little bit at a time ever since, practically none of which has appeared on the web.

and having played some of your revised version, it fixes the problems of the game while staying faithful to the show in feel.

of course, your ultra detailed OCC set ups might need to be dumbed down a tad.....

Now, its true, though, that the VF-1 has nose lasers in Robotech as well as vertical stabilizer mounted micro-missiles (seen in First Contact IIRC).

the nose lasers made some sense. the tail mount missiles were very obviously a artists glitch. IIRC, all the color in the 1 second scene you see them in was missing.
it's silly idea in the first place.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Heck fricken yeah!

If anything, all I would want would be a bit more background information. While I like the game I always made most of the stuff up myself, or relied on someone in the group who actually has seen the series.

If they could explain a bit of what's going on a bit clearer for those of us who love what they see, but don't fully understand it... I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Heck, I love the old books and I have yet to watch a single ep, or read a page of any of the novels.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

100% for Palladium bringing back Robotech.

I wouldn't want the books brought back as is. An Ultimate edition (or a series of Ultimate Editions for each of the chunks) would be the best option.

Personally though, I just want new material. Updating what has been done before is certainly something that probably needs to be done - and buying such updates is something I'm 100% fine with to generate some funds for Palladium - but the new stuff is what makes my heart go pitter-pat.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Puroresu
Wanderer

Bring Back Robotech!

Unread post by Puroresu »

YES! YES! A thousand times! YES! Please bring back the Robotech RPG! I would also LOVE to see a Macross Plus sourcebook!
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:then why do the animaton guide sheets for DYRL clearly show two diferent wings for the VFs, one of which has three wingmount hardpoints and one with two per wing, along with a note that said the wing with three hardpoints was only to be used on the custom Vakery.

I have 3 books that I checked: Macross Perfect Memory, This is Animation Special: DYRL and Macross Design Works and I'm telling you the Valkyrie only has 2 hardpoints. If that is not enough, I'll direct you to Egan Loo's Macross Compendium, which is recognized by everyone in the know (Big West, Harmony Gold, Studio Nue and probably Tatsunoko) as the authority on something like this: Macross Compendium VF-1 Valkyrie file. It says, and I quote 'Four pivoting underwing hard points' which means 2 hardpoints per wing. There is no way to get a third hardpoint on that wing as it would cause the wing to probably sheer off in flight in an atmosphere if it were loaded with anything.

and I am going by the same animation sheets they submitted as evidence in the Studio nue/Big west lawsuit. According to them their was a variant wing that clearly shows from the front and back that each wing has three Reflex missles were single mounted in the wing complete with the mounting rack.

and again, thoes were from DYRL sheets, and were to be used on what was aparently the one of a kind "roytype" Valkiree.

Thus they could not be a part of Robotech cannon in any way because DYRL did not happen in the Robotech univers,

However Paladium books DID design and show a wing with the false weapon layout based on an Art error which showes 3 medium range missles individualy mounted on the wings, and then latter compounded that error with the weapon packs that they later published wich also showes 3 wing hardpoints that dont exist on any other plane but the DYRL special and endless art errors sutch as This that show 6 individualy mounted heavy weapons.(again this is an art error, the sheat shows 2 diferent MERS one a three weapon unit that you can see here and one that is clearly a very heavy unit that mounts the weapons in a double cradle with almost no clearance between the weapons.

I cant belive we are actualy agreeing on theis, but still somehow arguing a (for robotech) pointless point, Basicaly the point is that despite the art errors theirs only One units("Skull 1") which was suposedly a one off custom job with custom over powered engins (that aparently only "Roy" and "Rick" was comfortable flying in) which was suposed to have 3 single position mounts capable of holding a single "heavy" weapon on each wing, And even at that it was suposed to be rebuilt at the end of DYRL to be able to do that, and even then it was aparently only able to handle the standard loadout of whatever you think was in the 4X3 shot MERs(and again Ignoring another art error that has some of the VF units carrying 36 smaller missles on the tailfins)
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

(sigh) enough already.

the missles on the tailfins was a art error that was latter more or less made official,

the"Noselaser" were another art error, the only lasers were the ones in the head unit, wich aparently were suposed to be roughly as efective as a 20/30mm gun which is why the gunpods were the prefered way of fighting for anyone with a single laser mount, which is why I changed the head unit to be roughly as efective as the ones on the Defender(2D6/4D6/6D6 for the "S"

The Missles in the "Booster packs" are short range not long range(in an atmosphere) and for our games the 3pack MER holds medium or short ranged missles.
冠双
The Galactus Kid

DRAKENRED AND RABID SOUTHERN CROSS FAN Please reserve your bickering for another thread. This is for reaction to the Palladium reaquisition of Robotech.

Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Heck Yes!! I have waited for the return of the Invid updated and equally as deadly! Check out this site! Its old but I still love it!
http://www.steelfalcon.com/thirdinvidwar.html
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Yes, I would love to see new books big time. Also would love to see material for Shadow Chronicles.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

YES!!!! PLEASE YES!!!! I'll take anything Robotech. And as for Dave's site, maybe he can finnally get The Third Invid War done up somehow as he always wanted or at least some of it. And maybe he will come out of hiding, too.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

YES

And not just new info on old subjects but stuff past Sentinels as well a a bit more fleshing out of Sentinels.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Hmmm. Kevin, just let me say this politely and calmly...

HELL YES!!! GO GET THAT LICENCE!!!!

There are so many stories that can be told in the Robotech universe. from lowly squad pilots in one sector of the war, to cyclone ground troops, to the next Rick Hunter for the next big war, there is so much waiting to be told, to be lived, to be EXPERIANCED in the Robotech world.

I was first introduced to palladium games though the Robotech game.

Before that day, when a friend just dropped by told me I HAD to come and check out this new game he and his brother got.

before that day I had never heard of either Robotech or Palladium Books.

That day was eairly July, 2001, long after Robotech had gone off the air and the licence had expired.

Yet that one day is one of the best.

So as you can see, there is nothing I would like more than to see it revived.

I want the old books reprinted for a new generation.

I also want new books to be made, to expand on it. there's still more to do!!!

I want the rules to be updated and helped to fit in the mainstream palladium megaverse.

Yes, Shadow Cronicles is a must as well.

and after all that, I'd like a "Robotech/Macross Game Masters Guide" with information on how to use all the different materials in conjunction with each-other.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
chaserone
Explorer

Unread post by chaserone »

Simply put, Robotech is what got me into Palladium products, otherwise, I wouldn't even know what Rifts, N&SS, PFRPG or HUnlimited even is. Now I play them all.

Robotech is popular and upon its return with the Shadow Chronicles, it will be a hit again.

Further discussion on this, within my group of dedicated players, is at my forums for my Robotech PBEM:

http://excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?fo ... =1#3979477
"Like slicing tomatoes with a sledgehammer"
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

No, let it be. Wanna make a source book or an errata book, okay, but that's it.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

I would love to see Palladium get the Robotech license back. I would love to see them do Shadow Chronicles. I would like them to redo the entire thing but not change any part of it except get the capital ships correct. I like the MDC levels as is. I would like more information on all the major players inthe series. It seems to me, but I cannot remember that Southern Cross got the shaft on character profiles. Robotech Ultimate Edition would rock. I have all the Robotech books thus published by Robotech and really would like to have more stuff. I would liek the SOuthern Cross to be redone as that seems to have th emost errors.i would buy the new stuff and I could twist the arm of my buddy to also buy the new stuff. I may even be abel to convert/intimidate a coupel more to purchase the new stuff if that is what it takes.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

I'm amazed at how many people were introduced to the Palladium system just like me, by picking up a Robotech RPG book...
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Bring it back.

Clean up the rules, the typoes and the mistakes. Let some of the Robotech Experts/Fanatics here give you a hand in spotting what needs a clean up, we'll be happy to.

Good sized main book covering each of the 3 (or 4 if Sentinals is included) main elements with lots of art work.

Era or topic specific books to follow for additional world information, adventure ideas and similar.

But most importantly, bring it back.

Oh, by the way, don't loose the EBSIS, they are the source of lots of great adventure ideas, even if they don't fit well into the origional storyline of the TV series.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Rogue Shadow »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:If Palladium decides to pick it up, and I'm in favor of that, I'd like to see a "Ultimate Edition" of Robotech.

Dustin buddy, you and I are on the same page here.

-RS
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Side note, Lancers Rockers DOES NOT need to be redone. :lol:
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
The Galactus Kid

Since I don't have lancers rockers, I would like to see it included in the compilation.

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Actually, Lancer's Rockers does need to be redone - cleaned up and re-edited.

I have some suggestions about the EBSIS gear in the book incidently.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Personally, I like the idea of the Invid's return in the RPG, as the plot was still open-ended at the time. But now since The Shadow Chronicles has post-Invid Invasion storylines, the New Generation supplements should eliminate that apocryphal story line created by Kevin (sorry 'bout that Kevin).

And I'm psyched at the possible chance to write Robotech articles for the Rifter myself.

:D
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

As long as it fixes the errata errors in mainly SC and Invid Invasion, I'm all for it. Otherwise, if its just reprinting, then I'll pass....just imo cuz I already own all the books so *shrug*
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
Rimmerdal
Knight

Robotech World books...!

one for each of the main races in sentinals, Tirol and the invid home world.

Others could be made and include adventures and such for each. Like rifts...only robotech...
taalismn wrote:

Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Jefffar wrote:Actually, Lancer's Rockers does need to be redone - cleaned up and re-edited.

I have some suggestions about the EBSIS gear in the book incidently.

Me Too. LR is effectively a 'surrogate' sourcebook for the EBSIS, and I wouldn't mind seeing something more along the lines of a proper EBSIS sourcebook.

I know you've gone a long way on yours already, Jeffar, and I have all my ideas written down in my notes....

Seriously, LR sucked donkey's, but the EBSIS mecha, armour, weapons, etc as well as small bits of info, were quite worth it.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Fat_Ninja
D-Bee
Comment: Quando omni flunkus moritati

Unread post by Fat_Ninja »

I'd like to take this moment to toss my hat in, as well.

PLEASE get that license if it's available for an acceptable cost.

Robotech brought me into Palladium about 15-16 years ago, and having it redone, reprinted, re-whatever will make me even happier.

As it stands now, I have not one, not two, but THREE complete collections of Robotech, Sentinels, and Macross II books.

Why? I needed backup copies. Then I got nervous and needed a backup for my backup.

Heck, even put out a general plea for advance orders. Right now, you could put me down for two of each book.
Ginrai

Yes yes yes.

Unread post by Ginrai »

I actually JUST got my first Robotech RPG books in the mail yesterday (Sentinels and REF Field Guide) and I'd love to see reprintings of the old ones (possibly cleaned up) as well as new ones. Shadow Chronicles and beyond. Go!

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”