Looking for a beta reader for a rifts story.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Riftmaker
Adventurer

Looking for a beta reader for a rifts story.

Unread post by Riftmaker »

I'm looking for a beta reader on a rifts story I'm writing while I'm stuck at home during the viral Apocalypse.

Any takers message me and I'll give you a link to the Google doc for the story and the notes page.

Also if anyone ono s palladiums policy on post such things link me.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Looking for a beta reader for a rifts story.

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I'm game!

BUT...

I tend to be very thorough with my writing critiques/analysis, and I take writing and storytelling quite seriously.
I don't go out of my way to be mean about anything, but many writers get their feelings hurt when they receive anything other than solid praise, and/or they feel discouraged when I give their story back to them metaphorically covered red ink.
Also, if you decide you want my feedback, let me know what level you're aiming at, whether you're just having fun, or whether you're looking to get published someday. Because that kind of information can affect what kind of feedback I give. I try to judge people's writing on what it's intended to do.
;)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

:roll:
Send 'er over if'n you've a mind to. Course now, I wear a cowboy hat when readin', and drop the occasional Gs from gerunds when reviewin' as a source of colloquial emphasis. :bandit:
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Have fun writing! I started Duty's Edge when I was effectively isolated each evening for a month straight. Isolation can be a great opportunity for creative efforts.
Riftmaker wrote:Also if anyone ono s palladiums policy on post such things link me.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. I posted the first rough draft of Duty's Edge as I wrote it, chapter by chapter, here on the Rifts Message Board. If you look around, you can find plenty of other Rifts fiction posted here and on other websites. I'm not tracking Palladium having any beef with it, as long as you're not making money off it.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
desrocfc
Explorer
Comment: Promoting great storytelling fiction and in games, for GMs and players alike.

Unread post by desrocfc »

I'd be willing to take a read and give a few comments.

Pretty much echo Killer Cyborg's caveats though.

Francois DesRochers

http://www.scholarlyadventures.com [Rifts RPG Blog]
Francois DesRochers

http://www.scholarlyadventures.com/blog [A Rifts RPG Blog]
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Glad for all the feed takers! I'll be messaging a few of you, but not all at once. I don't need everyone editing Google docs at once :P

Return to “Rifts®”