How do you see a Phase world,s animated series?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

How do you see a Phase world,s animated series?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me How to you see a Phase world,s animated series?

I think it can wokr if it,s like Star wars Clone wars and Star wars Rebels.

I hope it Follow the Adventures of a CCW,s Explore ship.

Who do you want it to follow?
flatline
Knight

Re: How do you see a Phase world,s animated series?

Unread post by flatline »

Viewers might have trouble with magic in the setting. Sci-fi fans are cool with psi abilities in futuristic settings, but not often magic.
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

If done right the magic will be perfectly acceptable
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

The magic just needs to be explained in super-simple terms and accepted without comment by everyone that encounters it. Like force powers in Clone Wars.

I think Phase World, or really any Rifts inspired setting, can work just fine for an animated series. It's big and colorful with lots of potential for action, the same things that make it attractive for gaming. It just needs a clearly defined protagonist group and antagonist group. The hard part, in my opinion, would be getting a writer who can include large swathes of the setting material without feeling the need to bog down the story with exposition. So the group encounters a mixed squad of Splugorth minions, and no time is spent on explaining what a kydian or kittani is or even that the tattooed men are slaves, unless it's actually important to the story.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

The phrase "extremely unlikely" springs to mind. Rifts is the only marketable property Palladium ever had. And it's past its prime. And Phase World isn't a core part of it.

No studio is ever going to pay licensing rights for Phase World when they can just make up their own space opera with wizards cartoon or revamp an old franchise like SilverHawks or something.
Ignatius
D-Bee

Unread post by Ignatius »

See the anime "irresponsible captian Tylor"
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

You can't do the Phase world,s Aliens in lives actions.
Animated series would be better.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Maybe they could base it on the Hammer of the Forge series in the Rifter... although I would slow down the pace that thing introduced stuff so quickly it would overwhelm casually viewers who didn't already know the stuff from reading sourcebooks.

For a long time I had a problem with the CCW because they were so tech-based there was no explanation for how mages from TGE/UWW/Splugorth couldn't just utterly wreck them.

Now of course when we learn of what Dyval has done, that's pretty much what happened.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I would do something like, follow a small group of heroes, definitely include a Cosmo knight, a CCW Wolfen, UWW magic user (like a star elf shifter, or Atlantean Drifter), maybe space pirate/smuggler/commando from FWC.

Season 1 - adventures around the corkscrew building to Forge war (introduce all the major power blocks, maybe hint at some Dyval infiltration can highlight the TGE and Splugorth as villians)

Season 2 - Travels to Anvil Galaxy (forge war)

Season 3 - Travels to Thunderclould (dealing with the rush and land grabs, exploitation, can touch on TGE vs. Splugorth perhaps)

Season 4 - Start of the minion war (All those Dyval foreshadowing/hints from season 1-3, yep, that was real), when the Demons invade it can start with the Deevils manipulating the heroes into fighting the Demons. Towards the finale they can learn how bad they were played and how bad the Deevils are as well.

Season 5 - Cormal arc, going after the book of cormal, maybe have the book of Heroes involved also.

Good writers with a solid understanding of Rifts would be of upmost importance. Someone capable of doing solid story arcs, in an animated format, like they did in Young Justice or the later seasons of Clone Wars.

If I was starting an animated 3G series that's where I might start planning.
Axelmania
Knight

Male CCW Wolfen Quatoria + Female TGE Wolfen Elite Guardsman please.

Naughty female Draconid from UWW + goody two-shoes male Seljuk Phase Mystic would also be a cute couple.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

How do I see a Phase World Animated Series? I already have, only it wasn't called Phase World, it was called Heavy Metal and Heavy Metal 2000. (Granted it would have far less mature content!)
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Axelmania
Knight

Would "Wander Over Yonder" be a lot like Phase World? *wants to see Lord Dominator take over the TGE*

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”