Mixed Breed Dog Boy

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Synergex
Newb

Mixed Breed Dog Boy

Unread post by Synergex »

The title says it all, how would you go about stating the breed bonuses of a mixed DB?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: Mixed Breed Dog Boy

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Eye ball it.

The bonus for the breeds aren't THAT impressive. Take a bit from one a bit from another, but it should not be "Add on all the best stats to build a super dog boy"

Mixing them together would dilute both sides. Not get the "Full' benefits of both sides.

In nature 'mutts' are often better baseline than pure breds, but pure breeds are... bred, to have SPECIFIC traits. A great dane's size, a blood hounds nose. All dogs have good noses but the blood hound is bread for it. If you mix a blood hound and a great dane, you don't get a giant blood hound that tracks just as well. You get a dog between blood hound and dane size, so bigger but not AS big, that's a good tracker but not AS good as the blood hound.

Etc.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I always assumed that the breeds as written were more or less "mixed" with the dominant breed in the mix determining the bonuses given. In my games, I do run with this assumption.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

lol, go google: Schnoodle, or worse the: Horgi...... or THE Worst Mix: Pomsky

theres a Siberpoo ("CyberPoo") Mix

Thankfully my Player who plays a Dog Boy picked: Wolf .

:)
Dan Frederick
Nox Equites
Explorer

Unread post by Nox Equites »

I say the mixed breed type dog boys are using just the basic stats, no roll on the breed type chart, and a roll on the mutation chart. Especially true in feral dog boy communities. CS specifically maintains specific breed lines in their facilities. It doesn't take many generations to have just plain mutts who are certainly formidable compared to humans physically, but lacking strong breed traits.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Nox Equites wrote:I say the mixed breed type dog boys are using just the basic stats, no roll on the breed type chart, and a roll on the mutation chart. Especially true in feral dog boy communities. CS specifically maintains specific breed lines in their facilities. It doesn't take many generations to have just plain mutts who are certainly formidable compared to humans physically, but lacking strong breed traits.

This is how I tend to do it as well, unless someone wants to be a special snowflake.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “Rifts®”