Need help finding a specific OCC/RCC. Pls.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kamina
D-Bee

Need help finding a specific OCC/RCC. Pls.

Unread post by Kamina »

Hiya Folks,

Before I get to my question I would like to quickly say hello to everyone as this is my first post. Secondly, been a long time gamer (over 20 years 8) ) and Rifts was one of the very first games that I played. So, its with great anticipation that after 10 years of enjoying other games we are finally returning to Rifts for a short campaign. Which brings me to my question; I am looking for an OCC/RCC that is basically a super swordsman. What I am really interested in is something that can 1) summon or create a sword (with the ability to inflict MDC damage) and 2) the race must be tough (read MDC creature). The reason for wanting an MDC race is because our GM has advised us the game will be difficult and we should all think about using a creature that is MDC. Although its not requirement.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated! Also, I have a very limited library of books so please include book source with your responses so that I can go out and purchase the required material.

All comments or suggestions are welcome. :-D

Thanks!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Need help finding a specific OCC/RCC. Pls.

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Off the top of my head.

Amaki Duelist in South America 2. Psi-Sword at reduced cost, plus MDC at you get the TW-Psi-blade.

Tirvol (sp) "Sword Fist" in CWC have natural swords and are MDC.

Cyber-Knight, though here you need to select an appropriate Race to get the MDC beyond the Cyber-Armor. They also have Psi-Sword readily available.

Psi-Warrior, again race selection for MDC, but they do get Psi-Sword at higher levels.

Samurai (Rifts Japan), may or may not need to change race. I forget off hand if they are MDC transformation powers available to them. A Ninja disguised as a Samurai can turn MDC, though I don't think they are as good with the sword as a Samurai.

Overall I can't think of many examples with swords in mind. Basically you are looking at getting an the right skills (Fencing, WP: Sword, maybe HTH: Kendo or Samurai if you can) more than an OCC I think.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

A Tattooed Man from Rifts: Atlantis can create melee weapons that inflict M.D. and they are M.D.C. creatures. With your G.M.'s permission, you could make them a human originally from Rifts: Japan before being captured by the Splugorth and being transformed into a Tattooed Man slave. Then you can give them HTH: Kendo. In fact, if they were a Samurai from Rifts: Japan, then you can given them HTH: Zanji-Shinjinken Ryo and make their tattoo effects more Asian based - makes sense, as the Splugorth would want to enhance the "Exotic" aspect of this acquisition. You might even be able to keep the Zen Archery stuff as well. All that except for the basic "T-Man from Atlantis" would require G.M. adjudication though.

A Cyber-Knight of an appropriate M.D.C. race could also be from Psycape and have his Mind's Eye open, applying the "Extended Psionic Power" option to his Psi-Sword for double damage.

A Fallen Cosmo-Knight from Dimension Book 2: Phaseworld is an M.D.C. creature and can start with a M.D.C. sword (or any other melee weapon). If they take the psionic option they could learn to summon a Psi-Sword. If they take the magic option they could learn the spell "Lightblade" eventually. Note, however, that the psychic power "Create Psi-Sword" takes a full melee round of concentration to summon - it isn't created instantly. I believe Cyber-Knights can create theirs instantly though.

With the G.M.'s permission, you could apply the Weapon Specialization and Weapon Mastery options to your character from Rifter #30 in order to represent the intense character's intense weapon fighting ability.

An "Adventurer or Scholar O.C.C." could have super powers to create weapons and to have M.D.C.. The powers of Body Weapons or Energy Weapons Extensions can allow a character to create melee weapons. Energy Weapons Extensions comes from Dimension Book 4: Skraypers and the character could just be a character from there as well, instead of a 20th century character from Heroes Unlimited.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

Wow! Phenomenal responses and suggesions folks. I really appreciate it. Now I have to go through them all ...and buy a few of these books that I am missing or at the very least go to my LGS and take a look.

Thanks again!
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Kamina wrote:Wow! Phenomenal responses and suggesions folks. I really appreciate it. Now I have to go through them all ...and buy a few of these books that I am missing or at the very least go to my LGS and take a look.

Thanks again!

I think that the godling or demi god could also fall into the general category of what you are describing (pantheons of megaverse)

heroes unlimited with a dash of ninjas and superspys, may also apply, (may have to bring in conversion book 1 to note what super powers MAY be wanted for the "mdc" powerups,

another thought (not sure how your gm would interpret it) but my gm interpreted it this way.. if a creature has supernatural strength for example dog boys or other mutants they can inflict megadamage, but may not be able to take it, (see titan jucer) supernatural PE on the other hand could be argued as making you a minor monster (if you only have the pe yay you can take mdc (converting sdc/hp to mdc) but without the supernatural str you can't do mdc.
this interpretation may not be fully canon but its (arguably) reasonable
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

guardiandashi wrote:
Kamina wrote:Wow! Phenomenal responses and suggesions folks. I really appreciate it. Now I have to go through them all ...and buy a few of these books that I am missing or at the very least go to my LGS and take a look.

Thanks again!

I think that the godling or demi god could also fall into the general category of what you are describing (pantheons of megaverse)

heroes unlimited with a dash of ninjas and superspys, may also apply, (may have to bring in conversion book 1 to note what super powers MAY be wanted for the "mdc" powerups,

another thought (not sure how your gm would interpret it) but my gm interpreted it this way.. if a creature has supernatural strength for example dog boys or other mutants they can inflict megadamage, but may not be able to take it, (see titan jucer) supernatural PE on the other hand could be argued as making you a minor monster (if you only have the pe yay you can take mdc (converting sdc/hp to mdc) but without the supernatural str you can't do mdc.

Outside of the Titan Juicer I don't think I've seen it where someone has Supernatural PS but not be MDC as well, so the idea that anyone in a similar situation would take damage like the Titan Juicer isn't unrealistic (in Tropes terms you don't have the required secondary powers to punch objects for Mega-damage without harming yourself, those are bound up in the MDC side of things).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
guardiandashi
Hero

Nightmask wrote:
guardiandashi wrote:

Thanks again!

Outside of the Titan Juicer I don't think I've seen it where someone has Supernatural PS but not be MDC as well, so the idea that anyone in a similar situation would take damage like the Titan Juicer isn't unrealistic (in Tropes terms you don't have the required secondary powers to punch objects for Mega-damage without harming yourself, those are bound up in the MDC side of things).

personally I can see it argued both ways re the mdc, I am just pointing out some options

if you look at lone star depending on how you read (interpret) the chapters it can say a lot of different things. for example lone star does a lot of experimenting (both authorized and not) so I read it as dog boys (for example) are both a "finished product" only use the dog boy mutation abnormality table, however the char could also be an "experimental" dog boy where they were trying to test an idea (see the later genetic mods and upgrades packages) that while they were tweaking something (experimenting) they got unexpected results aka mutations gone wrong table.

some of the other animal packages, kill hounds, battle and kill cats etc are not so refined and have certain effects being very common.

with that said re the supernatural str and making the char mdc I can definitely accept an argument that the titan juicer having supernatural str and not MDC is the aberration because the str was effectively added onto a "normal" person through drugs whereas for instance, say a dog boy who got supernatural str through genetics... well they get the whole package of what's needed for MDC, and supernatural str "naturally" (even if its due to playing with their genetics) kind of like an analogy cramming a v8 motor into a car or truck isn't a big deal because its expected (a relatively standard option) putting a v8 motor in a motorcycle, or a riding lawnmower IS going to have people questioning it because its unusual
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

OK First off, Rifter 30, rifter 30, rifter 30.

Nearly any Men at Arms class can do what you want, but in particular I would like to recommend the following:
Power armor Pilot (not the OCC, the skill base) with Naruni leanings, the Mecha Knight still is one of the straight most badassed sword bots out there.
Battle Magus OCC, spells, tons of physical abilities and the backing of the greatest mages on earth.
Mystic Knight: Shiny! lets be bad, and Immune to energy!
Cyber Knight,: the psi sword is actually the least attractive thing about this class as it cannot cut butter compared to other mega damage swords but it is a hell of a swordsman.
Altora Warrior Woman: so much close ranged sensory abilities and it is literally impossible to have bad stats, but they tend to be somewhat fragile.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Glistam wrote:A Tattooed Man from Rifts: Atlantis can create melee weapons that inflict M.D. and they are M.D.C. creatures.

Best overall suggestion I've seen. Just load up on sword tattoo's, ensure you have WP Sword and Fencing, and you're done.

You get a MDC human (or Ogre, or Elf, or True Atlantean) with an MDC body, and the ability to create a sword from thin air whenever needed. Plus you'll get a handful of other magic tattoos that can be very useful.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

Such awesome ideas! I actually returned here to post what my final choices were and instead find that there are several new posts suggesting brilliant ideas! Really awesome folks. :) Alright for now here is what I am thinking:

1) Demigod / Amaki Dueliest
2) T-Man
3) Cyber Knight / Human
4) Samurai (I was thinking about this and for some odd reason thought that they could take body hardening techniques but after checking I don't think they can. :( )
5) Homebrew (Yup, my GM would be willing to let me homebrew a new OCC if I wanted)

So, there is it. In regards to the potential homebrew, I will post my idea here, in another thread, if I go with that route.

Again, such kickarse suggestions, thanks!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Mack wrote:
Glistam wrote:A Tattooed Man from Rifts: Atlantis can create melee weapons that inflict M.D. and they are M.D.C. creatures.

Best overall suggestion I've seen. Just load up on sword tattoo's, ensure you have WP Sword and Fencing, and you're done.

You get a MDC human (or Ogre, or Elf, or True Atlantean) with an MDC body, and the ability to create a sword from thin air whenever needed. Plus you'll get a handful of other magic tattoos that can be very useful.

I thought you could only have one tattoo of any type by the rules, or are you suggesting different types of sword/power tatts?

The one draw back here is the bonuses, some classes do get bonuses to use swords (Amaki Duelist or Samaurai or HTH: Kendo) that are more impressive.

rat_bastard wrote:Cyber Knight,: the psi sword is actually the least attractive thing about this class as it cannot cut butter compared to other mega damage swords but it is a hell of a swordsman.

A Level 1 base Psi-Sword isn't that impressive compared to vibro-weapons (1d6 vs 2d4-3d6 depending on the model of vibro-sword). However it is possible to increase the performance with the right selection of training (Fencing: +1d6, Opened 3rd Eye, Horseback), Power-ups (Implant/Ley Line/LL-N), and natural talent (Master Psychic). At later levels it is actually possible for the CK to have a more potent Psi-Weapon (Level 9 basic CK, but other factors can lower it down to Level 1-2) than any Vibro-Blade that at best can only take advantage of the Fencing Skill.

Throw in the ability at later levels to create two blades, the 0-ISP/PPE cost (TW/summon magic/PSI can't compete with that), the insanely fast draw time (instant vs 1action-1melee) compared to other swords (Tech, summon, regular Psi-Sword) and the ability to shift size/shape on demand and the Psi-Weapon can certainly cut butter better than other MD swords (the hard part is getting to that point).

EDIT: I will add that it is possible with the right training, equipment, and location to have a Level 1 Cyber-Knight do 9d6 with their Psi-Sword. The typical CK won't have all of that working in their favor, but it is still something to consider. Also do not forget that on horseback the CK does +6 damage or +2d6 on horseback and in a charge (need to reform the sword to a Lance or spear, which they can do) which does apply to MD combat.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Lots of good choices here the duelist one is the one that really popped into my mind given what you are looking for. For the others its a matter of picking a Dbee version of something like a CK if you want some increased durability.

Still if you are looking for a high end swordsman who can summon his sword in a high threat campaign I would have to probably recommend a tattoo warrior of some sort Tman/undead slayer or something of that nature. Lots of versatility/high durability and the ability to summon weapons from thin air.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Oh forgot to throw out the random conversion option as well which would be a sword bearer from the nightbane campaign. Basically a pretty normal schlub that finds a magical sword and when they invoke the weapon they become MDC and the weapons tend to have a fair amount of pretty nice anti supernatural powers. The weapons also when not in use look like some mundane item.

There is a heroes unlimited class that is similiar to this the mystic abilities enchanted object category.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

ShadowLogan wrote:
Mack wrote:

I thought you could only have one tattoo of any type by the rules, or are you suggesting different types of sword/power tatts?

This requires a bit of GM interpretation. The relevant text comes from Atlantis, p84: "Likewise, each tattoo must be different -- no duplicates, thus it is impossible to create two gryphons or two magic axes, etc."

I would allow a character to have both a Flamberge and a Katana tattoo, despite them both being swords because they are very different from one another (and 'sword' is a pretty broad term). However, I would not allow two Katanas.

If a GM wanted to take a more strict reading, I wouldn't argue about it much.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

ShadowLogan wrote:EDIT: I will add that it is possible with the right training, equipment, and location to have a Level 1 Cyber-Knight do 9d6 with their Psi-Sword. The typical CK won't have all of that working in their favor, but it is still something to consider. Also do not forget that on horseback the CK does +6 damage or +2d6 on horseback and in a charge (need to reform the sword to a Lance or spear, which they can do) which does apply to MD combat.

9d6....

wut?
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

I have to stop checking back on this thread or I will never be able to decide what my character will be. :P To make matters worse I stumbled upon this bit of homebrew. I was thinking about being a "mystic" super soldier and to my surprise found just what I was looking for when I googled it. Basic premise would be the waning days of the Siege of Tolkeen. The leaders are desperate to find a new weapon. So, they set about creating a means to magically empower their solders. Thus is created the Mystic Crucible. Step in a normal person ... walk out a supernatural being with a wee bit o' magic.

With this setup I should be able to summon a "magical sword" via Energy Expulsion: Weapon and become MDC via the Endurance superpower.

What do you all think?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Mack wrote:This requires a bit of GM interpretation. The relevant text comes from Atlantis, p84: "Likewise, each tattoo must be different -- no duplicates, thus it is impossible to create two gryphons or two magic axes, etc."

I would allow a character to have both a Flamberge and a Katana tattoo, despite them both being swords because they are very different from one another (and 'sword' is a pretty broad term). However, I would not allow two Katanas.

I would probably do the same, we just haven't used Tat. Magic in our games. Based on the description of the actual tats instead of the general rule since the example they use is "two magic axes" as being one of the impossible things, without apparent consideration for the types of axes which would apply to swords and other weapons. There are ways around it though, like using other tatts for the same WP category to get different effects (SD, MD, ISP, or PPE damage).

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:9d6....

wut?

Keep in mind this IS an unlikely and highly situational, but it is possible to get the Psi-Sword that high (higher with Horsemanship: CK situational bonuses in play) based on: Psychic Ability + Skills + Equipment + Location

Psychic: 4d6 total
+1d6 base Psi-Sword
+1d6 Psionic Booster Implant (Psycape, it influences all powers))
x2 Opening 3rd Eye for one power (Psycape)

Skills: 1d6 total
+1d6 Fencing (RUE)

Equipment: 2d6 total
+2d6 Amaki TW-Psi-Blade (SA2, unlikely, but it is known to fall into CK hands per the text)

+1d6 on a Ley Line (RUE)
+1d6 on a Ley Line Nexus (RUE, the book describes it differently but it works out the same)

All told that's 9d6 (=4d6+1d6+2d6+2d6).

Horsemanship: CK allows +6dmg based on height, and does +2d6 MD in a charge (need to reform the sword to Lance/Spear).

If the effects of the 3rd Eye also apply to any of the other headings (which I don't think it would) you could go higher. Level 2 and above would merely raise the Psychic aspect 5 OR 9 times depending if the CK was a Master Psychic and the exact Level (said bonuses I think would also be effected by 3rd Eye so each increase is 2d6 instead of 1d6). The Psionic Booster Implant effects may or may not be influenced by the 3rd Eye, but since it adds damage to a Psi-Power I assume it is (1d6+1d6+)x2 and not (1d6*2)+1d6 at level 1, so it could be one 1D6 lower depending on GM interpretation.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

One thing would be does the 3rd eye option work on the cyber knights psi sword. I believe it was clarified that it does not work on innate occ specific abilities such as bursters flame powers only on specifically taken psi powers from the normal psi categories of pysical/sensitive/super. Now a mind melter could for sure use it with his psi sword as he takes that psi sword super power. But it is a bit of a question mark if a cyberknight could utilize it to empower his psi sword.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I shrink away from the Duelist because it has not even been attempted to be updated for RUE. That means it does not have certain skill categories, its skills are woefully limited and it lacks abilities it might have had had it been updated. Kid Galactus did an unofficial update of NGR OCCs that illustrates what I'm talking about.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

If your GM is game I also recommend Hand to Hand: Kendo.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

A more 'super swordsman' is more likely to come from someone with the Zanji Shinjinken Ryu Martial art from Ninjas and Super-spies, given it's a dedicated focus in mastery of the Katana and Wakazashi, you just have to marry it to a race or class that can also be MDC (since the MDC you get from taking a Body Hardening technique is minor, at least by the non-revised Conversion book). A good combination if allowed would be with the Natural and Genius OCC from Nightbane, having a focus on Extraordinary Endurance would make you MDC in Rifts, and Extraordinary Strength would let you function on the Supernatural strength damage table. So you could be an MDC human super sword master (there's also another Sword focused Martial Art in Mystic China), although can't really help with regards to being able to simply manifest a sword on demand (one of the Martial Arts Techniques does allow you to 'power up' any sword you have that's familiar and named so it can inflict Mega-damage on Supernatural creatures even if it couldn't previously).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Kamina wrote:Such awesome ideas! I actually returned here to post what my final choices were and instead find that there are several new posts suggesting brilliant ideas! Really awesome folks. :) Alright for now here is what I am thinking:

1) Demigod / Amaki Dueliest
2) T-Man
3) Cyber Knight / Human
4) Samurai (I was thinking about this and for some odd reason thought that they could take body hardening techniques but after checking I don't think they can. :( )
5) Homebrew (Yup, my GM would be willing to let me homebrew a new OCC if I wanted)

So, there is it. In regards to the potential homebrew, I will post my idea here, in another thread, if I go with that route.

Again, such kickarse suggestions, thanks!

anyone can take body hardening techniques. you would just need dm permission or to pick them up during play. or play a demon slayer. from rifts japan or china.
kaid wrote:One thing would be does the 3rd eye option work on the cyber knights psi sword. I believe it was clarified that it does not work on innate occ specific abilities such as bursters flame powers only on specifically taken psi powers from the normal psi categories of pysical/sensitive/super. Now a mind melter could for sure use it with his psi sword as he takes that psi sword super power. But it is a bit of a question mark if a cyberknight could utilize it to empower his psi sword.

cyber knight gets plain old psionics as his class abilities, he just gets to pick them in a non standard way, opening his third eye should effect them standard. by my interpretation anyway.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:cyber knight gets plain old psionics as his class abilities, he just gets to pick them in a non standard way, opening his third eye should effect them standard. by my interpretation anyway.

He does indeed get plain old psoinics as his class abilities.... but the Psi Sword (at least in the RMB writeups, i have no idea about the modern one, as i think it is pure jedi wish fulfilment drek) is called out as specifically NOT like a regular psi-sword.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1) OCC, (PCC) or RCC (i.e.:classes) that has good Swordsmanship...
OCC's Cyberknight n(RMB, RUE, CS wars Cyberknights), samurai/ronin Rifts japan), the knight classes in England, sportsman in Australia, and the demon hunters in China two. Battle Magnus (Fed.ofMagic), T-man/undead slayer(atlantis1) (Dedicated Martial artist and most of the other N&S classes when they have the right Martial Arts Form, Knight(PFMB), Palladin(PFMB), undead hunter(PF yin sloth), swordbearer (NB Nightlands)),
PCC's: Mystic Knight (the normal evil class (Fed of magic) or the white rose MKs(madhaven)), The Psi Warrior in psyscape,
RCC's: Dualist [Akemi stonemen](SA2)

[[power Cat.: magic: enchanted weapon sword (HUMB), or the immortal power cat in PU2.]] (HUMB)

2) MDC Race....: The mentioned Akemi stonemen(RSA2), Demigod(RCB1), Godling(RCB1), (too :crane: many in rifts to really mention then all.) Unique race made from the alien creation tables in the PW book.
The HU:AU book has many alien races in it that are MDC in rifts.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:cyber knight gets plain old psionics as his class abilities, he just gets to pick them in a non standard way, opening his third eye should effect them standard. by my interpretation anyway.

He does indeed get plain old psoinics as his class abilities.... but the Psi Sword (at least in the RMB writeups, i have no idea about the modern one, as i think it is pure jedi wish fulfilment drek) is called out as specifically NOT like a regular psi-sword.

While the Cyber-Knights Psi-Weapon is NOT a Regular Psi-Sword, the Psi-Weapon is still psychic based.

Select Quote from Rifts Main Book pg63: "Note: The cyber-knight is considered to be a major psionic (mainly because of the psi-sword ability)."

If their Psi-Weapon was not psychic based, I don't see why it would effect their psionic rating.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Really? The Cyber Knights book must be wrong then when it says that 3% of all Cyber Knights are Psi-stalkers. Weird.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Wouldn't be the first time? :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Rappanui wrote:SOT4 was Written by the biggest rule bender of them all, So yes, by canon rules, ultimate edition, Psi stalkers can not be cyberknights.

Really? Where does it say that?

Because right at the start of the completely cut-and-pasted section on Cyber Knights that is duplicated (even with the same pictures) from SoT4, it says to refer to SoT4 for more info on Cyber Knights, and nothing in the CK description or the Psi-Stalker description says they can't be Cybeknights.

Ergo, nothing in R:UE contradicts SoT4, which states explicitly that Psi-stalkers CAN be Cyber Knights.

They aren't an RCC anymore. They're a race, (which, in RUE, it even says that all Psi-Stalkers have these abilities, regardless of OCC, the only thing that differs is how much control over them they have), and can select other OCCs.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Rappanui wrote:because the book is full of backwards confusing information. some Gms would allow psistalker bio borgs just because. doesn't make it right

Nothing you said shows where it is wrong, either, and there's even another thread where it shows all the other OCCs that Psi-stalkers can be (Naval Commandos, Justice Rangers, Psi-slingers, Zappers, Psi-Nullifiers, among others, including Cyber Knights).

Fact is, Psi-stalkers can be about 15 or 16 different OCCs, as shown in various other books. Cyber-knights are one of them. Psi-stalkers are just a race now, and the two OCCs presented in RUE are just that - two OCCs Psi-stalkers can have, among many.
guardiandashi
Hero

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
Rappanui wrote:because the book is full of backwards confusing information. some Gms would allow psistalker bio borgs just because. doesn't make it right

Nothing you said shows where it is wrong, either, and there's even another thread where it shows all the other OCCs that Psi-stalkers can be (Naval Commandos, Justice Rangers, Psi-slingers, Zappers, Psi-Nullifiers, among others, including Cyber Knights).

Fact is, Psi-stalkers can be about 15 or 16 different OCCs, as shown in various other books. Cyber-knights are one of them. Psi-stalkers are just a race now, and the two OCCs presented in RUE are just that - two OCCs Psi-stalkers can have, among many.

heck in RUE look at what it says about the dog boys, they are written up as a RCC but if they were a new character template being setup today they would be just another occ, with a racial component. technically (if you could get the training) a dog boy could be just about any class, just like humans the only question is what parts of the dog boy RCC should be considered "racial" and what parts are training. I mean I get some like dragons being heavily racially influenced, but thinking about it it might be "fun" to break down some rcc's and determine what should be racial and what should be occ variables
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

guardiandashi wrote:
Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:

heck in RUE look at what it says about the dog boys, they are written up as a RCC

Actually, i'm looking at R:UE right now, and it is, plain as day "Dog Boy O.C.C."; they are not an R.C.C. as of RUE.
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

Can't believe the Sea Titan (Rifts Underseas) was overlooked as an MDC race. Basically human. Bastard child who never knew his dad was a Sea Titan with SN stats can train as anything before their stats turn SN.

Sea Titan - Cyber-Knight (regeneration may expel cyber armor)
Sea Titan - Amaki Duelist (they do train humans for the job too)
Sea Titan - Mystic Knight
Sea Titan - Knight (England)
Sea Titan - Whatever......

I doubt you could use Sea Titan - Battle Mage since they must be mortal sdc creatures even though S.T. starts out sdc. Your GM mileage may vary.....
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Make the child of Hachiman, the fortune of battle. Demigod/Samurai. get some!
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Alrik Vas wrote:Make the child of Hachiman, the fortune of battle. Demigod/Samurai. get some!

I kinda like this idea.....nothing but swords and body parts everywhere...
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

Well I am back to let you all know what my final two choices are ... yes, my super hero name is Captain Indecisive.:p Anywho, my final choices have come down to this:

• Mystic Knight (good version in Madhaven)
  • Battle Magus (Federation of Magic)

The reason for this is simple: I stumbled upon the awesomeness which is Sorcerous Proficiencies found in the Nightbane book Through the Glass Darkly. This little gem allows magical practictioners to select special proficiencies instead of secondary skills. This, combined with the spiffy article found in the Rifter 27, allows me choose two very important proficiencies, which are Supernatural Strength and Supernatural Endurance. If I use these rules with the Mystic Knight I get everything I wanted (although he will need a TW conduit sword). I only wish you could apply these rules to psychics as well! That way I could have gone with a True Atlantean Duelist.:) I know that there are Sorcerous Limitations as well. However, my GM has advised me that I only have to pick one weakness instead of the normal 1:1 ratio. His logic is that you are already have to give up a secondary skill so he lowered the ratio to 2:1 instead.

Cheers
K

PS Now all that I need is a cool pic of my character. If anybody has a link or picture they would like to share please do so.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Good luck and have fun! If you're using Rifter material for your mage, give the Rifter #30 a look-over - there's some very unique skills and abilities which can greatly benefit spell casters in there.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

Mystic weapon category from Heroes Unlimited 2 - choose super powers that compliment swordsmanship - sonic speed and maybe extraordinary PE for MDC and extraordinary PP (or radar sense for blind fighting) (not sure if sonic speed gives mdc, but it might - see Skraypers) would be terrifying. If the wielder was originally a ninjas and superspies swordsman even better.
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Kamina wrote:What I am really interested in is something that can 1) summon or create a sword (with the ability to inflict MDC damage) and 2) the race must be tough (read MDC creature). The reason for wanting an MDC race is because our GM has advised us the game will be difficult and we should all think about using a creature that is MDC. Although its not requirement.

Re. Summon/Create Sword.

There is an option found in WB2 Atlantis on pg125 for Symbiotic Weapon Modification, one of the perks is that it allows the weapon to be teleported to the owner. This option is rare, and expensive, but the GM might allow it.

Rune Weapons, some can become animated and fly (they have intelligence, so I don't see why they could not fly into your hand with a delay).

Palladium Fantasy Magic Weapons allow for the feature to be added (pg250 2E) to teleport to owner (with restrictions).

TW feature might also help.
Crow Splat
Explorer

Unread post by Crow Splat »

guardiandashi wrote:
Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:

heck in RUE look at what it says about the dog boys, they are written up as a RCC but if they were a new character template being setup today they would be just another occ, with a racial component. technically (if you could get the training) a dog boy could be just about any class, just like humans the only question is what parts of the dog boy RCC should be considered "racial" and what parts are training. I mean I get some like dragons being heavily racially influenced, but thinking about it it might be "fun" to break down some rcc's and determine what should be racial and what should be occ variables

I don't have RUE yet so I don't know how exactly the Dog Boy is worded, but Lone Star is pretty clear on what they get to keep. Basically all the numbered points before the stats and skills. So they keep the sensing supernatural and evil, the tracking by smell, and the master psychic. It's written clearly under the Freeborn Dog Boy R.C.C.

The only grey area is that they are considered master psychics but they only get a few sensitive powers. So the question is do they get psychic powers as a master psychic if they become a cyber knight or similar, or do they just get a few sensitive powers, or are they just treated as non-psychics with a master level resistance?

To the OP, as I was reading the back of my brain was screaming Cyber Knight. Especially if you think you might be fighting tech based bad guys.

Return to “Rifts®”