Who are the strongest supers physically ?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Who are the strongest supers physically ?

Unread post by cyberdon »

My list includes:

The Hulk
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor

Any help would be appreciated.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Who are the strongest supers physically ?

Unread post by say652 »

in the game a mineral type alien from a high gravity world with the major power supernatural strength could in theory have a ps of over 90. thats pretty strong. just take your favorite character use the book and build a similiar type hero(within the restrictions of the game) as far as the strongest in M@%ve! remember odin smacked around the hulk easy like.
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Thanks

I just remembered Juggernaut.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

whose invulneribility was nothing to the mystic powered gladiator.its all basically here
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

say652 wrote:in the game a mineral type alien from a high gravity world with the major power supernatural strength could in theory have a ps of over 90. thats pretty strong. just take your favorite character use the book and build a similiar type hero(within the restrictions of the game) as far as the strongest in M@%ve! remember odin smacked around the hulk easy like.

I don't think Odin ever 'smacked around' the Hulk, Zeus was a twit to him after the Chaos War but Hulk was suffering a lot of physical disability at the time (Marvel seems to have a need to show every hero especially super-tough ones being horribly crippled on a routine basis anymore).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Nightmask wrote:
say652 wrote:in the game a mineral type alien from a high gravity world with the major power supernatural strength could in theory have a ps of over 90. thats pretty strong. just take your favorite character use the book and build a similiar type hero(within the restrictions of the game) as far as the strongest in M@%ve! remember odin smacked around the hulk easy like.

I don't think Odin ever 'smacked around' the Hulk, Zeus was a twit to him after the Chaos War but Hulk was suffering a lot of physical disability at the time (Marvel seems to have a need to show every hero especially super-tough ones being horribly crippled on a routine basis anymore).

it was in the early 90's i believe when he was banner with hulks well hulkness.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

cyberdon wrote:The Hulk
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor

cyberdon wrote:just remembered Juggernaut.

say652 wrote:whose invulneribility was nothing to the mystic powered gladiator

Aren't guys like Strong Guy more of a match for bros like Colossus? No mention of guys like Champion or Silver Surfer who would wipe the floor with these guys. Or who is that weird guy they retconned into existence? Battles "the void" or something?

Nobody even mentions Thing? Some guy did the calculations once and the strength it took for Thing to hold up the golden gate bridge actually outdoes every feat of strength that Hulk has ever attempted. Thing is the strongest there is. But he is fueled by grit and determination to protect others rather than rage, so his full power only comes out while protecting people, as opposed to destroying things.

Then of course there's Galactus who is probably the real strongest.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Cool

Colossus
The Thing
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Superman(he's moved the moon more than once).
ANd he beat Hulk in the DC Vs marvel thing.
Gladiator's as strong as he thinks he is(or something like that).
The Plutonianhas unlimited strength.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

my favorite is the ever lovin blue eyed THING. my youngest goes "its clobberin time" when he gets upset. bangs little hands together. soooooo adorable
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Mephisto wrote:Sasquatch is considered top ten in Marvel's strength listing, and Namor and She-Hulk are in there as well. Thor is strongest, Hulk and Hercules are tied for second and Thing is fourth. And no one should leave Luke Cage off the list he's in the top ten as well.

I thought Luke Cage only lifted 10 tons? Diid he get a major upgrade?

Edit: I see he got a second exposure to the chemicals, but is he 90 tons stronger?
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

in the palladium gods book. Magni thors son is even stronger than him. relevent because this is a palladium game site, home court advantage and all
Nightmask
Palladin

Mephisto wrote:
AzathothXy wrote:
Mephisto wrote:Sasquatch is considered top ten in Marvel's strength listing, and Namor and She-Hulk are in there as well. Thor is strongest, Hulk and Hercules are tied for second and Thing is fourth. And no one should leave Luke Cage off the list he's in the top ten as well.

I thought Luke Cage only lifted 10 tons? Diid he get a major upgrade?

Edit: I see he got a second exposure to the chemicals, but is he 90 tons stronger?

As Power Man he was top 10. Maybe they downgraded his strength to focus on his nigh-invulnerability. Marvel isn't known for consistency for marginal characters.

No Luke Cage as Power Man wasn't in the top 10, his strength was in the Class 10 range (as in able to bench press up to 10 tons, same as Spider-man at the time), WAY below the likes of Hulk and Thor. He's been upgraded like many others over the years.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nightmask
Palladin

Thor is stronger as long as Hulk isn't raging, Hulk canonically is as he often shouts 'the strongest one there is' as his strength has no limit and increases the greater his rage grows. Thor's strength while vast has a limit (even if it is vague in the comics), which is why he requires things like his Belt of Strength against foes like the Celestials or Surtur.

The Thing when he first began was able to lift around 5 tons, further mutation and specialized exercise equipment created by Reed Richards allowed him to move up to the Class 75 (lift/press up to 75 tons) range for many years until Marvel edged him up like just about every other heavy hitter due to further mutation into the Class 100 range. A lot of characters anymore are if they were a heavy hitter have become Class 100 level, or at least the minimum of Class 90.

cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

K -the list so far:

The Hulk
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor
Juggernaut
Superman
Gladiator
Plutonian
Galactus
Odin
Rhino
Strong Guy
Colossus
The Thing
Sasquatch
She-Hulk
Namor a.k.a. Sub Mariner
Magni
Luke Cage
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Oh by the gods, how could I forget?

Maestro, the guy who kills everyone.

http://www.bowendesigns.com/Repository/ ... Source.jpg
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Ironclad
Doc Samson
Nightmask
Palladin

Left out Metro Man, and the list grows exponentially if you go including cosmic beings like Galactus, since you have to add in all the Celestials, Eternity, Death, Oblivion, Infinity, Anti-Monitor, etc.

cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

The Hulk
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor
Juggernaut
Superman
Gladiator
Plutonian
Galactus
Odin
Rhino
Strong Guy
Colossus
The Thing
Sasquatch
She-Hulk
Namor a.k.a. Sub Mariner
Magni
Luke Cage
Maestro
Ironclad
Doc Samson
Tiger Shark
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Nightmask wrote:Left out Metro Man, and the list grows exponentially if you go including cosmic beings like Galactus, since you have to add in all the Celestials, Eternity, Death, Oblivion, Infinity, Anti-Monitor, etc.

Absolutely

So to narrow it down, here, I'm looking for supers who are known mainly/ almost exclusively for their great strength.
Nightmask
Palladin

Seems like so far only She-Hulk has gotten on the list as the rest are all male. Wonder Woman is often shown approaching Superman's level, and Titania was somewhere around Hercules class when introduced.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

ms marvel,Rogue, titania,wonder woman,
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Nightmask wrote:Seems like so far only She-Hulk has gotten on the list as the rest are all male. Wonder Woman is often shown approaching Superman's level, and Titania was somewhere around Hercules class when introduced.

as you were half a second quicker titania and woman count as your additions
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

The Hulk
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor
Juggernaut
Superman
Gladiator
Plutonian
Galactus
Odin
Rhino
Strong Guy
Colossus
The Thing
Sasquatch
She-Hulk
Namor a.k.a. Sub Mariner
Magni
Luke Cage
Maestro
Ironclad
Doc Samson
Tiger Shark
Ms. Marvel
Rogue
Titania
Wonder Woman
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

what about a splugorth? while not technically a "lifter" the are more than strong enough to rate a place on the list. i doubt even Thor could take one down in a heads up.(slang for one on one duel)
Nightmask
Palladin

Hyperion, there are multiple versions of him in Marvel and is a Superman analog (from the Squadron Supreme setting which is an homage to DC's Justice League).

Beta Ray Bill (possesses the same powers as Thor courtesy of Odin).

Red Norvell (again possesses the same powers of Thor courtesy of Odin).

Captain Marvel (the former Fawcett and now DC super-hero, not the Marvel version)

Gilgamesh, also known as the Forgotten One (a member of the Eternal Race, some of his exploits confused with Hercules).

EDIT:

Can't believe I and everyone else have left off Doomsday, definitely known for his physical strength.

cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

The Hulk
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor
Juggernaut
Superman
Gladiator
Plutonian
Galactus
Odin
Rhino
Strong Guy
Colossus
The Thing
Sasquatch
She-Hulk
Namor a.k.a. Sub Mariner
Magni
Luke Cage
Maestro
Ironclad
Doc Samson
Tiger Shark
Ms. Marvel
Rogue
Titania
Wonder Woman
Hyperion
Beta Ray Bill
Red Norvell
Gilgamesh
Doomsday
Captain Marvel
Wendigo
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

pre crisis superboy pushed planets around so he could change the exact location of the centre of the universe.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

The Hulk
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor
Juggernaut
Superman
Gladiator
Plutonian
Galactus
Odin
Rhino
Strong Guy
Colossus
The Thing
Sasquatch
She-Hulk
Namor a.k.a. Sub Mariner
Magni
Luke Cage
Maestro
Ironclad
Doc Samson
Tiger Shark
Ms. Marvel
Rogue
Titania
Wonder Woman
Hyperion
Beta Ray Bill
Red Norvell
Gilgamesh
Doomsday
Captain Marvel
Wendigo
Superboy
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Wow. Some of these guys are strong, but strongest? Not even close.
Wendigo, Doc Samson? Luke Cage? These guys are strong, but not the same level as Hulk, Thor, etc.

Oh...is this kind of thing allowed on Palladium's message boards? I don't want to break any rules.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

As long as you don't give games stats to show conversion it should be all good. :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Nightmask
Palladin

MikeM wrote:Wow. Some of these guys are strong, but strongest? Not even close.
Wendigo, Doc Samson? Luke Cage? These guys are strong, but not the same level as Hulk, Thor, etc.

Oh...is this kind of thing allowed on Palladium's message boards? I don't want to break any rules.

Many are second tier, although a few are approaching Hulk level but only under specific conditions (Namor and Tiger Shark have to be fully immersed in water for example). Some in their own settings are vastly more powerful than the Marvel versions, so you have to scale things to make them comparable.

cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

I dunno about Luke Cage, but Wendigo did square off toe to toe with the Hulk, and Doc Samson punched the Hulk so hard he knocked him unconscious in one issue.
Nightmask
Palladin

cyberdon wrote:I dunno about Luke Cage, but Wendigo did square off toe to toe with the Hulk, and Doc Samson punched the Hulk so hard he knocked him unconscious in one issue.

Samson only managed that as a result of Hulk having his guard down (thanks to Banner producing hallucinations prior to that leaving the Hulk to treat Samson as another hallucination) and wasn't at his best anyway. His normal strength levels are well below those of the Hulk other than when the Hulk is quite calm. Wendigo isn't quite Hulk class but as a supernatural being his extreme durability made up for that in combat. Cage though isn't Hulk class even after his second augmentation, maybe She-Hulk's original levels of Strength up to the Secret Wars if that.

cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Man, I looove that you guys are so up on your supers trivia; these are conversations I can sink my fangs into. Music to mine ears... :)
Nightmask
Palladin

cyberdon wrote:Man, I looove that you guys are so up on your supers trivia; these are conversations I can sink my fangs into. Music to mine ears... :)

We do like the conversations as well.

With regards to the original Sasquatch btw, his strength has been subject to some... issues due to writers having things depicted that originally in his first appearances had him demonstrating a base strength well above what we're often shown for Thor or Hulk.

Oh, can't forget Kurse. Originally a Dark Elf he was resurrected and given vast physical strength and durability courtesy of the Beyonder. By the time the experiment ran its course Kurse was given a permanent strength far greater than Thor while wearing his Belt of Strength. He easily bested even Hela in combat.

cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

The Hulk
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor
Juggernaut
Superman
Gladiator
Plutonian
Galactus
Odin
Rhino
Strong Guy
Colossus
The Thing
Sasquatch
She-Hulk
Namor a.k.a. Sub Mariner
Magni
Luke Cage
Maestro
Ironclad
Doc Samson
Tiger Shark
Ms. Marvel
Rogue
Titania
Wonder Woman
Hyperion
Beta Ray Bill
Red Norvell
Gilgamesh
Doomsday
Captain Marvel
Wendigo
Superboy
Kurse
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Champion.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

The Hulk
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor
Juggernaut
Superman
Gladiator
Plutonian
Galactus
Odin
Rhino
Strong Guy
Colossus
The Thing
Sasquatch
She-Hulk
Namor a.k.a. Sub Mariner
Magni
Luke Cage
Maestro
Ironclad
Doc Samson
Tiger Shark
Ms. Marvel
Rogue
Titania
Wonder Woman
Hyperion
Beta Ray Bill
Red Norvell
Gilgamesh
Doomsday
Captain Marvel
Wendigo
Superboy
Kurse
Champion
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

And in alphabetical order:

Abomination
Beta Ray Bill
Captain Marvel
Champion
Colossus
Doc Samson
Doomsday
Galactus
Gilgamesh
Gladiator
Hercules
The Hulk
Hyperion
Ironclad
Juggernaut
Kurse
Luke Cage
Maestro
Magni
Ms. Marvel
Namor a.k.a. Sub Mariner
Odin
Plutonian
Red Norvell
Rhino
Rogue
Sasquatch
She-Hulk
Strong Guy
Superboy
Superman
The Thing
Thor
Tiger Shark
Titania
Wendigo
Wonder Woman
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Thanos, Morg, Goliath, Pitt, Savage Dragaon, Blob, Drax, Apocalypse, Onslaught, Lobo
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Darkseid
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

Tor wrote:
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor

Aren't guys like Strong Guy more of a match for bros like Colossus? No mention of guys like Champion or Silver Surfer who would wipe the floor with these guys. Or who is that weird guy they retconned into existence? Battles "the void" or something?

Nobody even mentions Thing? Some guy did the calculations once and the strength it took for Thing to hold up the golden gate bridge actually outdoes every feat of strength that Hulk has ever attempted. Thing is the strongest there is. But he is fueled by grit and determination to protect others rather than rage, so his full power only comes out while protecting people, as opposed to destroying things.

I have to beg to disagree. Hulk held a mountain over his head.. Thing couldn't come close. Jus' sayin.. :P
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
Nightmask
Palladin

PapaMambo wrote:
Tor wrote:
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor

I have to beg to disagree. Hulk held a mountain over his head.. Thing couldn't come close. Jus' sayin.. :P

Well Hulk didn't hold up an entire mountain (but still quite a bit more than Thing can that's for sure) but by WWH he was moving tectonic plates around to fix the planet.

Nightmask
Palladin

Blob, Rhino, and Strong Guy aren't really in the strongest category. Strong Guy's fairly strong but much of his destructive firepower comes from absorbing kinetic energy to add to his punch damage rather than base strength. Ms Marvel and Rogue are in a similar rating, strong but not Hulk level strong without some kind of outside augmentation. Ms Marvel was only Hulk class during her period as Binary when she was being empowered by a white hole (when she first encountered Rogue after becoming Binary she one-shot punched Rogue into space).

PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler

Nightmask wrote:
PapaMambo wrote:
Tor wrote:
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor

Well Hulk didn't hold up an entire mountain (but still quite a bit more than Thing can that's for sure) but by WWH he was moving tectonic plates around to fix the planet.

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/sec ... ength.html

Secret Wars #4 baby.. That looks like a mountain to me..
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
Nightmask
Palladin

PapaMambo wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
PapaMambo wrote:
Tor wrote:
Hercules
Strong Guy
Abomination
Thor

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/sec ... ength.html

Secret Wars #4 baby.. That looks like a mountain to me..

When you read the actual comic (since Covers Always Lie) you'll see that they were in a fortuitous pocket under the mountain that Molecule Man dropped on them and he'd been lucky to get well braced to help hold that pocket open. He wasn't even remotely holding up millions or billions of tons of rock.

PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler

When you read the actual comic (since Covers Always Lie) you'll see that they were in a fortuitous pocket under the mountain that Molecule Man dropped on them and he'd been lucky to get well braced to help hold that pocket open. He wasn't even remotely holding up millions or billions of tons of rock.

I'll have to re-read it when I get home I guess.. But even if that is true - he's smashed asteroids, cracked through Onslaught's armor, and held continents together.. Not much out there can top that (Supes obviously, but not much else..)
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Abomination
Apocalypse
Beta Ray Bill
Blob
Captain Marvel
Champion
Colossus
Darkseid
Doc Samson
Doomsday
Drax
Galactus
Gilgamesh
Gladiator
Goliath
Hercules
The Hulk
Hyperion
Ironclad
Juggernaut
Kurse
Lobo
Luke Cage
Maestro
Magni
Morg
Ms. Marvel
Namor a.k.a. Sub Mariner
Odin
Onslaught
Pitt
Plutonian
Red Norvell
Rhino
Rogue
Sasquatch
Savage Dragon
She-Hulk
Strong Guy
Superboy
Superman
Thanos
The Thing
Thor
Tiger Shark
Titania
Wendigo
Wonder Woman
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

WWH gets mentioned and no one mentions Marvel's Sentry? He fought Warbound Hulk HTH to a Standstill. Also, they introduced in the last few years another retcon character called the Blue Marvel who is easily in that class as well.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”