Military WP's

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Military WP's

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

In the N&S book, Do the MWP's listed in the military skills section get the +3 aimed +1 burst listed in the modern weapon proficiencies?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Military WP's

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Actually if you take a closer look, In N&S, all modern proficience receive only +1 strike and burst and +1 ever so many levels, instead of the standard +3/+1 of most other games. And yes, Military WP's would presumably fall under this as the only option.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Did you not not even look at page 134?
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Did you not not even look at page 134?

Sure I did, but I also looked at the skill writeup on page 46, and decided that since in every other book these two sections are in agreement and in this one they are different, they clearly modified the skill section and simply copy-pasted the Modern Weapon Combat section without updating it too. This is a fairly typical palladium editing mistake.

You could argue that the skill writeup is the one that's wrong, but again, since they obviously had to modify the skill entry since no other palladium game has those rules, it's pretty clear it was done deliberately, leading me to believe that the section on page 134 is the copy-paste error.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

So in responce to my Yes/No question in the OP you are saying "no"?

I was asking because the same wording was used in both the WP Military weapons and the Modern WP's in the starting descriptive text. As if they were copy/paste relitives.

The however, while both refer back to the combat section for details both do not conform to what is said in the combat section; in that in the skills listings the char starts out with only +1 strike @ L1 (this is true for both the mili. WP's and mod. WP's.) But in the combat section for modern weapon combat (which both sets of WP's fall into) they have the starting strike bonus @ +3 aimed & +1 burst.

So the question might be of been said Which is right, the text in the skills section or the text in the modern combat section? Or are the skills section texts combined with the Mod. Combat section to end up with strike bonuses of +4 aimed & +2 burst (for non-revolvers)?

"Is seams that there are 2 sets of modern weapon WP rules in the N&S books one in the skills section and another in the combat sectrion. which is right? or are they to be combined?"
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

My opinion is I don't think any weapon actually gets the +3/+1 listed in the modern combat rules section.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”