Humans in a magic rich environment

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Failgoat
Explorer
Comment: caressing the downfall..outstretched arms on your knees crawl. filthy and feeling low, dancing in the undertow...

Humans in a magic rich environment

Unread post by Failgoat »

so basically, this is something iv contemplated in nearly every campaign iv run or played in in Rifts.
human beings changing physically and metaphysically due to their home environment being saturated in massive amounts of P.P.E.

at what point does the human roll up involve "special and/or natural abilities" inherent to humans?

how long would evolution on this scale take?

another topic discussed an alien race that developed APS abilities and the poster's intentions of making it regional/environmental specific as to which APS would be appropriate.

so im curious, has anyone given this thought toward humans?

does anyone play with a home brewed Rifts Earth human that involves extra abilities?

it seems to me that life on this planet is related heavily to the surroundings in which they live. sometimes evolution is subtle and takes aeons. other times massive amounts of evolution take place overnight (in a cosmic type timescale, anyway) simply due to a drastic change in environment. so why not start fast forwarding the evolution of humans.

all your thoughts and criticisms are welcome.
still waiting for another tale from alrik vas....
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Humans in a magic rich environment

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Less than 300 years -and even faster than that if you're foolish enough to live in the "magically radioactive" areas in The Magic Zone.

Psi-Stalkers came about due to the vastly increased levels of magical energy.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Silver Fox wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Less than 300 years -and even faster than that if you're foolish enough to live in the "magically radioactive" areas in The Magic Zone.

Psi-Stalkers came about due to the vastly increased levels of magical energy.

Exactly this and one reason for the concept of Psi-Stalkers. Don't forget too the Mind Melters, Bursters, Zappers and a few other Psionic type classes.

I don't have Mad Haven yet, but I believe it covers too some Human Mutants.

Starting on pg 60 in Madhaven it goes into the mutants...not quite what you are looking for but there might be some material you could extrapolate. I've always liked the "Traits" idea from the original Fallout. You get some bonus, but there is usually a weakness as a tradeoff. So sure, you might have Supernatural P.S....but you get 1/2 the normal P.E. That kind of thing...
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

new west talks about the mutants from utah
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Something about Wormwood's nature turned the humans into natural MDC beings, a likely progression if humanity survives long enough on Rifts Earth.

Also the leader of the USS Ticonderoga and a number of his crew were turned into natural MDC beings with a set range of abilities that always inherit to the kids and again if humanity survives most or all of humanity could end up with the same set of powers they have.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Actually there is a better description on Human mutants in WB 26 Dinosaur Swamp. I forget the page number...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Failgoat
Explorer
Comment: caressing the downfall..outstretched arms on your knees crawl. filthy and feeling low, dancing in the undertow...

Unread post by Failgoat »

Hystrix wrote:Actually there is a better description on Human mutants in WB 26 Dinosaur Swamp. I forget the page number...

thanks. i dont own that book unfortunately :(
but now i have a reason to look for it.
on a side note, i have no clue where a palladium retailer is near me.
iv checked gaming stores, book stores, the gamers paradise by me closed down and the people that ran it were jerks anyway, never wanted to order anything palladium for me.
is this an issue anyone else has?
i dont have the resources to order online.

anyway, thanks again everyone. seems there is a variety of books with possible information on the evolution of humanity. i just dont own most of those lol...
still waiting for another tale from alrik vas....
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Failgoat wrote:
Hystrix wrote:Actually there is a better description on Human mutants in WB 26 Dinosaur Swamp. I forget the page number...

iv checked gaming stores, book stores, the gamers paradise by me closed down and the people that ran it were jerks anyway, never wanted to order anything palladium for me.

anyway, thanks again everyone. seems there is a variety of books with possible information on the evolution of humanity. i just dont own most of those lol...

Hopefully this isn't against board policy. I've bought most of my books secondhand from either my local used bookstore or amazon. If you have a public library and a wal-mart near you you could preload a card with money over the phone from WM, and use the library computer to order them. Some of my books have literally been less than $3.00...
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I think it stated in the RMB that the random psychic powers for humans in the creation process is due to the high levels of magic energy. If it didn't give a reason that is what I figured was the cause.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Failgoat wrote:

You can order online. Just select check and mail a check or money order to Palladium with your order information. Or you can get at wal-mart one of those disposable credit cards. It will cost you 4 or 5 dollars to get it, but it can be used online as well.
ImageImage
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

I used something in my games nicknamed "mage-born", Characters have 01% chance of being a "mage-born"
basically they have no limit of PPE they can draw and store, and draw it naturally, and cast spells without knowing it, if one is trained in the magic then they could became very powerful. they a couple thing more to it , but got to find my papers, if i find them ,I'll post for you yahoos to nitpick :D
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!

Return to “Rifts®”