What do you think is the Best Mutant Animal powers?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What do you think is the Best Mutant Animal powers?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me What do you think is the best Mutant animal powers?

For me I like Weight & body,Fat & Muscle control.

I make this a minor power for my H.U games.

Also What do you think is the Best mutant animal psionic power?

I like Mind Trap.
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: With the right gems [a techno-wizard] can make a toaster that resurrects people!

Re: What do you think is the Best Mutant Animal powers?

Unread post by Mechanurgist »

Extraordinary Physical Prowess?
New After the Bomb Adventure: Rendezvous in N'Yak
Old After the Bomb Adventure: Northern Lights
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Depends really, although as already noted Extraordinary PP is very helpful thanks to that extra attack, as is Extraordinary Speed giving you a better chance to run away and live to fight another day. Also depends on the animal since you don't get all of them available for all animals. If I could build a mage of some sort Extraordinary PE would be the best (along with Extraordinary ME), so can't really see any as best, only best in a particular circumstance.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nightmask
Palladin

The Last Darkness wrote:
duck-foot wrote:predator burst

I think theres one animal that you can get predator Burst, extra PP, and increased metabolic rate on to maximise attacks. Also nasty claws and at a higher level of Str.
Its one of the Blind Mole Predators.

Heaven help any party members that are seen as food.

Hmmm, would have thought weasels and ferrets fit that, but for some reason they're listed with Extra PE and not Extra PP, wonder if that's an error (heck in their bonuses they even get a +3 to PP and not to PE).

More than a few creatures get at least two of those, and I suppose if you had some luck on the Bio-E end could get the minor super-power for Extraordinary PP for the ferret to go with the other two, would be one seriously deadly ferret.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

physical power: Pheromone control (P-bunny)

Psi power: mind trap
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nightmask
Palladin

The Last Darkness wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
The Last Darkness wrote:
duck-foot wrote:predator burst

I think theres one animal that you can get predator Burst, extra PP, and increased metabolic rate on to maximise attacks. Also nasty claws and at a higher level of Str.
Its one of the Blind Mole Predators.

Heaven help any party members that are seen as food.

Hmmm, would have thought weasels and ferrets fit that, but for some reason they're listed with Extra PE and not Extra PP, wonder if that's an error (heck in their bonuses they even get a +3 to PP and not to PE).

More than a few creatures get at least two of those, and I suppose if you had some luck on the Bio-E end could get the minor super-power for Extraordinary PP for the ferret to go with the other two, would be one seriously deadly ferret.

Well the Wolverine in ATB2 is certainly a killing machine along these lines.
But what im thinking of was a marsupiel mole I think or another one. It had the increased metabolic rate power and was a voracious subteranean predator for its size.

Can't seem to find such an animal statted anywhere, but there are many mutant animals that could prove deadly combatants courtesy of their animal powers. Especially if you can slip in a minor super-ability (unlikely as that might be).

Nightmask
Palladin

The Last Darkness wrote:
Nightmask wrote:Can't seem to find such an animal statted anywhere, but there are many mutant animals that could prove deadly combatants courtesy of their animal powers. Especially if you can slip in a minor super-ability (unlikely as that might be).

Indeed, except for certain Humans and plot characters Super Abilities are way overboard for the ATB setting. It would be like giving mega damage weapons to palladium characters. The appeal of After the Bomb to me has always been its low power setting. I enjoy the fact that getting a shot once or twice can kill you, makes you play the game significantly differantly and encourages better sessions this just huge battles/firefights in the other palladium settings, and also makes when those do happen rather epic and meaningful encounters.

Depends on the super-ability, mutant animals having the HU version of an enhanced sense for example since that's fairly natural anyway and seems like the mutant animal gets a bit shafted on that point. I mean really humans who have generally fairly limited senses compared to the animals with these enhanced senses get BETTER super-senses than a mutated and enhanced animal? Sorry but that just doesn't make sense that the normal human gets better senses than the creature that starts better than him and ought to be even more capable when mutated to be more powerful.

I tend to like survivability and being able to ensure when the chips are down my character won't be the one to disappoint the group, so even if I do arrange for good combat abilities that's just from the 'help the group survive' standpoint and not the main focus as I favor not getting into a lot of dangerous fights.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”