STANDARD STATS FOR NPCS ANYONE?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: STANDARD STATS FOR NPCS ANYONE?

Unread post by jaymz »

Also in the SoT books (cant remeber which one) they put a slew of typical stats for various CS troops.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

jaymz wrote:Also in the SoT books (cant remeber which one) they put a slew of typical stats for various CS troops.

Book 2. :)
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
jaymz wrote:Also in the SoT books (cant remeber which one) they put a slew of typical stats for various CS troops.

Book 2. :)

You da man DF :D :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Thanks as I was wondering the same thing.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

All Other Names Taken wrote:booya! thanks all!

I found the ones in SOT2 but the back of my rifts ultimate doesnt have any stats for basic grunts.

The siege stats are for uber dudes.

RMB = Rifts Main Book (the old edition) - this is the one that has the stats.

RUE = Rifts Ultimate Edition (new)
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

All Other Names Taken wrote:are there any other resources with standard stats for things beyond the Coalition?

or a quick build table or guidelines?

You could always just "re-skin" the CS trooper from the RMB. Instead of CS body armor and laser rifle, it's now a former Tolkeen soldier with Bushman armor and a Northern Gun laser rifle.

Actually now that I think of it I think the old RMB does have a "hi-tech bandit" quick stats block.

Personally I never worry too much about stats for a target. Sure you can describe him in all the details you want but on my notes its "Bandit #1 60 MDC/3d6 L-Rifle/+4 strike"

If it's a NPC that the players will interact with I jot down the name and the stats/OCC/level and notable equipment
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Standard stats are listed throughout the books, but I started work a long time ago on a huge database of generic NPC's, to include things like stats. Never got finished. Too much work. And I also didnt usually need it.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

I created a chart that would show what combat stats a person would have for each of the HTH types per level. This doesn't include boxing and other stats. I kept to the basics on that chart so it would apply to anyone, Coalition or not. I did make a chart for the bonuses that the skills might modify for reference too.
I did the same for power armor combat as well. I listed which level of HTH mixed with the same PA/Mecha combat skill.
It makes for an easy 'red shirt' enemy or ally. Just note the level, HTH type and weapons. The rest is reference.

Then for the more noteable, but throw away characters, I created a tab in the same Excel spreadsheet that will randomly generate 24 sets of attributes. I even figured out the formula for each stat that will show which bonus they get for the given attribute. It's all random and will recalculate when I want so I have an unlimited list to pick from. I just print a few before the playing sessions so I can pick from them.
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget

Return to “G.M.s Forum”