Best thing in Western Empire to use?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Best thing in Western Empire to use?

Unread post by gaby »

What in Western Empire is the best thing to use?

What WE,s city do you use?

What Weapon is the Best?

What NPC in it would make a good bad guy for my Player characters?
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Best thing in Western Empire to use?

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

If I had to pick a single item from WE that stands out to me, it's the city generation table. Don't use it randomly, cause you'll get crazy stuff like an impregenable hamlet, but use the options listed to construct your cities quickly and efficiently. I'm also a fan of the WE Alchemy section, because I'm always in the market for a little extra variety in the enchantment department.

My group will readily use any and all cities in the books, as well as pretty much any NPC or weapon that comes up. There's no reason to pick just one. I am, of course, particularly pleased with the thorough vampires.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
krate
Explorer

Re: Best thing in Western Empire to use?

Unread post by krate »

What I like about the Western Empire book is that, as a whole, it has great adventuring potential. I know the OP asked for one weapon or item or city... but I think what makes this book great is that it has sooo much in it.
It describes the various provinces, politics, movers and shakers and all kinds of other things. The Empire is vast with lots of different types of terrain and a bunch of story hooks and plot ideas.
I don't have the book in front of me, but there are so many ideas in there: the Fairy War, that precious stone which is being mined and could be chunks of an Old One! That hidden, ancient dwarven stronghold and the mad dwarf that wanders through the city streets with the knowledge of it's existence and how to enter it! And much, much more!
To me, that is what makes that book so great.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”