Open Hous 2010 Costume Thread

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Open Hous 2010 Costume Thread

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Autumns Fire wrote:I know it's still 9 months away, but I've already started workig out my costume for the coming year.

I'll be going as a New West Saloon Girl with a bit of a Steampunk/TW flair.

Cheater. Using your feminine wiles to win contests. hahaha
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Heh, I refer you to the first place winner of the first Open House Costume Contest, Blind Warrior Woman, aka Hot chick in spandex.

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Autumns Fire wrote:I know it's still 9 months away, but I've already started workig out my costume for the coming year.

I'll be going as a New West Saloon Girl with a bit of a Steampunk/TW flair.

:ok:

New West Artwork

Something like this perhaps? :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

MADMANMIKE wrote:Heh, I refer you to the first place winner of the first Open House Costume Contest, Blind Warrior Woman, aka Hot chick in spandex.

-Mike <8]

How can you say such things without providing a link to a picture? :wink:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Speaking of costumes, what are the rules concerning weapons ? obviously it goes without saying (or maybe you do need to say there are some weirdoes out there :D ) you are not allowed real weapons. But I've seen some of the pictures and does everyone just make there stuff of like use painted waterguns ? For instance are you allowed to bring unloaded (i.e. no pellets or CO2 or batteries) pellet, paintball or airsoft guns to use as props or is it all plastic and foam ?
Thanks!
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Razzinold wrote:Speaking of costumes, what are the rules concerning weapons ? obviously it goes without saying (or maybe you do need to say there are some weirdoes out there :D ) you are not allowed real weapons. But I've seen some of the pictures and does everyone just make there stuff of like use painted waterguns ? For instance are you allowed to bring unloaded (i.e. no pellets or CO2 or batteries) pellet, paintball or airsoft guns to use as props or is it all plastic and foam ?
Thanks!

There are no rules that I know of regarding fire arms. I personally would not bring a real weapon. A friend of mine made me the laser pistol I used. MADMANMIKE brought in a bunch of painted up nerf guns one of which he let me borrow. As for the pellet, paintball and airsoft guns, I don't know. You can call the office and ask. I'm sure someone would be more than happy to answer your questions.

Carl
ImageImage
Razzinold
Hero

Thanks Carl, I thought I would ask, but you are probably right, probably best not to bring them. Too bad, was thinking of going as as Gunsliger and my dad has this old pellet gun, not even sure if it works anymore he has had it since i was like 4 (now 30) it is all metal and the cool thing is it looks like an old west revolver. Even the handle looks like it's carved ivory (obviously not) but it has the "carved look" in the handle. He even has an old west holster for it. He always wore it for halloween, I don't think he ever even used it. I used it when I got older when I went out for halloween too.
Probably best to save my self the hassle at the boarder, could you see the dudes face when he finds that in the car (it looks VERY real) he'd be like "holy crap a Canadian with a handgun!" :eek: :?, and just use some fake (toy guns) or better yet not carry any at all and be a Psi-Slinger :lol:
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Razzinold wrote:Thanks Carl, I thought I would ask, but you are probably right, probably best not to bring them. Too bad, was thinking of going as as Gunsliger and my dad has this old pellet gun, not even sure if it works anymore he has had it since i was like 4 (now 30) it is all metal and the cool thing is it looks like an old west revolver. Even the handle looks like it's carved ivory (obviously not) but it has the "carved look" in the handle. He even has an old west holster for it. He always wore it for halloween, I don't think he ever even used it. I used it when I got older when I went out for halloween too.
Probably best to save my self the hassle at the boarder, could you see the dudes face when he finds that in the car (it looks VERY real) he'd be like "holy crap a Canadian with a handgun!" :eek: :?, and just use some fake (toy guns) or better yet not carry any at all and be a Psi-Slinger :lol:

No problem Razzinold :ok:

Funny story. My friend and I were crossing through Canada (New York to Michigan and back). On the way back at the border, the border patrol decides to do a search of the car. No prob until they find my Juicer costume. I guess you're supposed to declare costumes :eek: cause the lady that pulled it out was reading me the riot act because apparently a bio-comp can be confused for a bomb. Ok, it was one of those closet lights bolted to a harness with a small digital name tag built into a cardboard holder.

Next time I'll just go state side, but make sure you declare everything at the border.

Carl
ImageImage
Razzinold
Hero

No problem Razzinold :ok:

Funny story. My friend and I were crossing through Canada (New York to Michigan and back). On the way back at the border, the border patrol decides to do a search of the car. No prob until they find my Juicer costume. I guess you're supposed to declare costumes :eek: cause the lady that pulled it out was reading me the riot act because apparently a bio-comp can be confused for a bomb. Ok, it was one of those closet lights bolted to a harness with a small digital name tag built into a cardboard holder.

Next time I'll just go state side, but make sure you declare everything at the border.

Carl

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's funny, I saw the pics although your costume DID look very cool, it did not look like a bomb! :lol:
Elly_G
D-Bee
Comment: "I hold with those who favor fire."

Unread post by Elly_G »

Autumns Fire wrote:I'll be going as a New West Saloon Girl with a bit of a Steampunk/TW flair.

Sweet! Ill be doing a new west cyberdoc/nurse with a little sp flair as well- can't wait!
"Poetry is not truth, It's just deception with a little class."
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Well, it's official. I will not be participating in the costume contest this year, I had an idea for a great costume, but the amount of work that would be involved proved to be too much on top of my 80 hour a week day job and the project I'm doing for Rifter 50, not to mention my book project and fathering three kids.

At this point I'm just hoping to get my Rifter project done in time to draw up the basics for the games I'm planning to run.

-Mike <8[
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

It'll be my first POH but I have a costume worked out.

I will be going as a Nightbane in Facade form. I dont want to put anyone else's costume down but I can assure you my costume is absolutley spot on!! :clown:

Only thing is Im pretty sure my brother is going as exactly the same thing - how embarassing! :lol:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I'm very excited. The life-size Glitter Boy costume I've been working on for the past few years is finally done, just in time for the Open House!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
The Galactus Kid

Involved Observer wrote:I'm very excited. The life-size Glitter Boy costume I've been working on for the past few years is finally done, just in time for the Open House!

If you're joking I'm going to be very upset. If you are in any way remotely serious, then you totally win.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I'll have a palladium fantasy costume.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Involved Observer wrote:I'm very excited. The life-size Glitter Boy costume I've been working on for the past few years is finally done, just in time for the Open House!

If you're joking I'm going to be very upset. If you are in any way remotely serious, then you totally win.

This sounds real to me.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

The Galactus Kid wrote:...If you are in any way remotely serious, then you totally win...

I'm going to win! I'm going to win! :lol:
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

You've already got my vote. How tall is it?

"The Devil's among us!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

No details until the big reveal at the OH. I don't want to dilute the impact of my awesomeness to the other attendees!

The Galactus Kid

Involved Observer wrote:No details until the big reveal at the OH. I don't want to dilute the impact of my awesomeness to the other attendees!

EPIC.

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Glitterboy is already almost too much detail. You should have referred to it as your personal suit of armor, Powered Armor that is.

"The Devil's among us!
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Danger wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:Heh, I refer you to the first place winner of the first Open House Costume Contest, Blind Warrior Woman, aka Hot chick in spandex.

-Mike <8]

I could provide you links, but they'd likely get the thread closed down (and possibly me sued). :D

-Lonnie
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
The Galactus Kid

ApocalypseZero wrote:
Danger wrote:

-Mike <8]

I could provide you links, but they'd likely get the thread closed down (and possibly me sued). :D

-Lonnie

If you don't bring pics to the open house to refresh our memories, I'll be very upset.

Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Alas, with the foot breakdown I won't be dressing up as planned this year.
Was going to bring the rest of the armor up, tabard, shield, the works. :(

Think if I wrap the immobilizer boot in brown ductape I could claim it's a peg leg?
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
ApocalypseZero wrote:
Danger wrote:

-Mike <8]

-Lonnie

If you don't bring pics to the open house to refresh our memories, I'll be very upset.

Well, that depends, do you want the Blind Warrior Women pictures? Or do you want the "OTHER" pictures? :twisted:

-Lonnie
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

ApocalypseZero wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
ApocalypseZero wrote:
Danger wrote:

-Mike <8]

-Lonnie

Well, that depends, do you want the Blind Warrior Women pictures? Or do you want the "OTHER" pictures? :twisted:

-Lonnie

All of the above.

"The Devil's among us!

Return to “Palladium Open House”