multiple magic O.C.C.s?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: multiple magic O.C.C.s?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

In the PB system you can only have multiple OCC's one after another, progressing in only one at a time.

DemiGods get one Godling special power (Godlings get 2 power selections).
If your choose a Magic Power for their GL power selection, and a Magic OCC, then they get the powers and vulnerabilities of both. However, they only get the higher of the Base PPE's.(I roll mine out before choosing which one is higher.)

So,if you chose necro. (power) & LLW(OCC), then the DG would not have spell cost penalties in spell casting when casting ether necro. or common magic or LLW specialty spells.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

lordstrahd74 wrote:I've read somewhere that only one magic O.C.C. can be chosen and that you can't multiclass and choose another magic O.C.C., but someone asked whether or not a demigod would have p.p.e hindrances if they had the powers of a necromancer and the Ley Line Walker O.C.C. The responce was no, but also indicated that the demigod had both magic O.C.C.s, with the abilities of both classes. So is the demigod a special case or what?

Actually, you offically can multiclass and the rules for doing so are in the adventures on teh high seas book as well as palladiums offical errata.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Actually, you officially can multi-class and the rules for doing so are in the adventures on the high seas book as well as palladiums official errata.

The "multiple OCCs" text in high seas says that no you can not multi-class.
[multi-classing/dual classing: progressing more then one class at a time. D&D dual classing is an example of multi-classing.]
Officially in PB, Chars can not multi-class.
The MT section in high seas should of been called "Changing Classes".
Thus, is the reason behind the way I said them in my first post.
If Classes were Cars, you can only drive one at a time.

The only Published 'Changing Class Rules' are in the High Seas book. [published: in a printed book]
Even the optional changing class rules in the posted errata, called 'Dual Class', says that you can only progress in one class at a time.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Actually, you officially can multi-class and the rules for doing so are in the adventures on the high seas book as well as palladiums official errata.

The "multi-classing" text in high seas says that no you can not multi-class.
[multi-classing/dual classing: progressing more then one class at a time. D&D dual classing is an example of multi-classing.]
Officially in PB, Chars can not multi-class.
The MT section in high seas should of been called "Changing Classes".
Thus, is the reason behind the way I said them in my first post.
If Classes were Cars, you can only drive one at a time.

The only Published 'Changing Class Rules' are in the High Seas book. [published: in a printed book]
Even the optional changing class rules in the posted errata, called 'Dual Class', says that you can only progress in one class at a time.

Multi-class as in having multiple class's (OCC's) at once. I never said or implied you could have them at the same time.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Dual-/multi-classing are defined as progressing in more then one class at one time, so I will chalk it up to bad word choice.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
As per the PB rules set, chars can only progress in one class at one time.

In the High Seas book it Uses both "multiple OCC's" and "Split-Class".
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Dual-/multi-classing are defined as progressing in more then one class at one time, so I will chalk it up to bad word choice.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
As per the PB rules set, chars can only progress in one class at one time.

In the High Seas book it Uses both "multiple OCC's" and "Split-Class".

AFAIK, originally Dual-class was about advancing a character to X level, and then choosing another class while stopping the advancement in the former. Actually this is what PB systems does in its Dual Class rules, isn't it? :-?
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Originally a 'moment' was defined as a time period about 1.5 min. long. :roll:
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I think ther should tell the training time for each school of magic,like a LLW takes a good 10 years before ther a level 1 LLW.

What amont of time do you think it take to lern each school of Magic?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

I think it varies depending on the school. I also think assassinging a strict time would interfear with changing OCC's in game.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The PPE bases are not cumulative.
To switch magic styles you have to find a teacher to teach your char. So that is all up to the GM.

Return to “Rifts®”