New Dead Reign Sourcebook announced

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DtMK
Hero

Re: New Dead Reign Sourcebook announced

Unread post by DtMK »

Not bad, I'll have to hear more about it before buying. I mean, I will eventually, but it'll mean the difference between being the first and looking for a deal later.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:I'm hoping that some more of my OSM makes it into the sourcebook.

:D

If seeing more of YOUR work in the book was a given, I'd be pre-ordering! :D
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:I'm hoping that some more of my OSM makes it into the sourcebook.

:D

So youre getting paid for it, right?
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm really excited for this book. I can't wait to see what Kevin has in mind for this since he's been running on all cylinders since the mainbook came out.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm really excited for this book. I can't wait to see what Kevin has in mind for this since he's been running on all cylinders since the mainbook came out.

yeah I can't wait either, I'm excited to see what else of Lazlo's stuff will be in there.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

sounds good! so, with KS having talked about a total of five sourcebooks, I guess we will be seeing more of the original vision !
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

okay, after reading the murmur, Im less excited...

"I have 20 pages of notes, an introduction section partially written and a lot of ideas." (KS)

...honestly, thats not much. probably not enough for an April-shipping as announced in the Pressrelease.
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

Seems interesting, especially with a bit more of Citizen Lazlo's work in it. I do like the random building searches table. Looks like yet another item to pick up.

Vampires introduced into Dead Reign through a supplement down the line?

Personally i think this would be a VERY bad idea as it would take away from the zombie situation, and if anyone is using the stuff from Rifter #45, it would add yet another problem as vamps tend to multiply like roaches at times. Besides, i think humanity has enough to deal with, don't you? :lol:
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Nightbreed wrote:Personally i think this would be a VERY bad idea as it would take away from the zombie situation, and if anyone is using the stuff from Rifter #45, it would add yet another problem as vamps tend to multiply like roaches at times. Besides, i think humanity has enough to deal with, don't you? :lol:

yeah, Vampires worked fine for me in Nightbane (as yet another menace besides the Nightlords) but I wouldnt like to see them in Dead Reign.

Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Vidynn wrote:
Nightbreed wrote:Personally i think this would be a VERY bad idea as it would take away from the zombie situation, and if anyone is using the stuff from Rifter #45, it would add yet another problem as vamps tend to multiply like roaches at times. Besides, i think humanity has enough to deal with, don't you? :lol:

yeah, Vampires worked fine for me in Nightbane (as yet another menace besides the Nightlords) but I wouldnt like to see them in Dead Reign.

Big difference with with DR and NB is that in NB we (humanity) have supernatural help (lightbringers, wampyrs and of course the nb's) against said problems unlike in DR where there is no supernatual beings that can assist. I'm not counting mages as i like the DR Rifter #45 version alot better.

But if you can work vamps into your game and not imbalance it, more power to you. :ok:
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Citizen Lazlo wrote:That is one thing I did intentionaly, I wanted the human race ALONE in all of this.

:)

But that's how most of the zombie stories/games i know of are. Like i mentioned in my last post the other games had assistance while this one it's just us. Though i do really like your version as it's unique and puts a very interesting spin on things. No assistance, just better weaponry (Psionics and magic) plus an excellent story and plot (villains included ;) )

Return to “Dead Reign™”