Organizations

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marcantony
Adventurer

Organizations

Unread post by Marcantony »

I need some help here. I did a list of organizations which exist in the DC universe and then tried to work out their Marvel equivalent. Im struggling with a few though.

DC Marvel
-----------------------------------------------------------
Lexcorp Stane International
Wayne Industries Stark Industries
Checkmate Shield
Kobra Hydra
Star Labs ?
Arkham Asylum Ravencroft
Iron Heights The Vault
Belle Reve ?
Suicide Squad ?
Red Guard Soviet Super Soldiers
Daily Planet Daily Bugle
Cadmus Project Pegasus
JLA Avengers (Squadron Supreme is now in its own
continuity)
Injustice League Masters of Evil
JSA Invaders
? Aim
? Xmen

Star Labs has me stumped the most. Im sure their must be a Marvel equivalent but danged if I can think of it. And Im pretty certain theres no DC version of the Xmen.
Any I missed?

Edit; I had lots of spacing in between the 2 columns but for some reason its not taking.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

I'm not sure if this will help, but I seem to remember that in a Spidey comic I read about a place where they augmented humans/mutants (not Project X). I believe Rhino got upgraded there as well as a few other villians. And I think it was open to anybody who had money. Course this makes it a weeee bit different than what Star Labs as whole does. Hmmmm, sorry dude.
I'd probably go with Project X, thats the closest I can think of but it really falls short. Blah, jeeze dude why can't you do something simpler? lol
Nice site by the way. :eek:
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Banshee was involved.. there was Xcaliber and Lockheed the dragon.. was it Pegasus? Some Scottish woman ran the research facility..
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

AJ Pickett wrote:Banshee was involved.. there was Xcaliber and Lockheed the dragon.. was it Pegasus? Some Scottish woman ran the research facility..

The Muir Island Research facility.(NOT it's actual name) Was run by Moira Mactarget, Ex-lover of Charles Xavier.
It served as a base for the Euro XTeam Known as Excalibur.
I would not say that it's the equivalent of STAR(I think 'star' is an acronym) Labs.

? Xmen
. And Im pretty certain theres no DC version of the Xmen.

And DC DOES have an equivalent of X-men, The DOOM Patrol!
Star Labs has me stumped the most. Im sure their must be a Marvel equivalent but danged if I can think of it.

And Stark Solutions(If it still exists) would be the closest thing they have/had to Star labs.

Suicide Squad ?

SHEILD of course.
(Can't believe you missed that one.)

? Aim

The Agenda is pretty nice match for them. (Lead by the cybernetic daughter of the Director of Cadmus.)

Red Guard Soviet Super Soldiers

And marvel had the Peoples Protectorate, communist Russia's version of the Avengers.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sentinel
Palladin

Re: Organizations

Unread post by Sentinel »

Marcantony wrote:I need some help here. I did a list of organizations which exist in the DC universe and then tried to work out their Marvel equivalent. Im struggling with a few though.

DC Marvel
Lexcorp Stane International
Wayne Industries Stark Industries
Checkmate Shield
Kobra Hydra
Star Labs ?
Arkham Asylum Ravencroft
Iron Heights The Vault
Belle Reve ? The Commission of Super Human Affairs.
Suicide Squad ? The Thunderbolts.
Red Guard Soviet Super Soldiers Also the Peoples Protectorate (Formerly The Supreme Soviets.Daily Planet Daily Bugle
Cadmus Project Pegasus
JLA Avengers (Squadron Supreme is now in its own
continuity)
Injustice League Masters of Evil
JSA Invaders
? The Hive. Aim
? The Doom Patrol. Xmen

Star Labs has me stumped the most. Im sure their must be a Marvel equivalent but danged if I can think of it. And Im pretty certain theres no DC version of the Xmen.
Any I missed?

Edit; I had lots of spacing in between the 2 columns but for some reason its not taking.

I think the closest you'll find to STAR Labs is Fantastic Four INC.
At various points in time, The Outsiders and The Teen Titans could have been considered X-Men equivalents.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: Organizations

Marcantony wrote:DC_________________ Marvel
Lexcorp_____________ Stane International
Wayne Industries_____ Stark Industries
Checkmate__________ Shield
Kobra_______________Hydra
Star Labs____________No Direct Equivalent
Arkham Asylum_______Ravencroft
Iron Heights__________The Vault
Belle Reve___________The Commission of Super Human Affairs
Suicide Squad________The Thunderbolts
Red Guard___________Peoples Protectorate/Soviet Supremes
Daily Planet__________Daily Bugle
Cadmus_____________Project Pegasus
JLA_________________Avengers
Injustice League______Masters of Evil
JSA_________________Invaders
The Hive/The Agenda______Aim
The Doom Patrol______Xmen

I think Lex Corp is currently bankrupt(I know that Ra's al Ghul's Daughter purposely ran it into the ground while Luthor was President).
But otherwise I think we managed to fill the holes.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sentinel
Palladin

I think Lex Corp is currently bankrupt(I know that Ra's al Ghul's Daughter purposely ran it into the ground while Luthor was President).

That's okay: Isn't Stane no longer operating? Besides, Obidiah Stane is dead.

Marcantony
Adventurer

Sentinel wrote:

Yeah but his associates continued to run it using an lmd in his place. I cant recall if its still around or not.
Marcantony
Adventurer

Yep, that pretty much does it. Thanks all.

Sir_Spirit, suicide squad while run by the government made use of supervillains offering them reduced sentences IF they survived the mission. And quite a few didnt, hence the suicide name. Thus I think Checkmate is the closest.

Sheesh, I forgot all about Doom Patrol and I buy it each month too. Only one more issue left though.
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Sir_Spirit wrote:And DC DOES have an equivalent of X-men, The DOOM Patrol!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robotman is HARDCORE!!!! :lol:

Very "Python-esque" apprehension of the killer :D
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Sentinel
Palladin

Marcantony wrote:Yep, that pretty much does it. Thanks all.

Sir_Spirit, suicide squad while run by the government made use of supervillains offering them reduced sentences IF they survived the mission. And quite a few didnt, hence the suicide name. Thus I think Checkmate is the closest.

Checkmate really is closer to SHIELD as a government intelligence organization.
The Thunderbolts now have some sort of Government backing, perhaps similar to Freedom Force (formerly The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants), and as they use supervillains (Speed Demon, Radioactive Man, Blizzard) as well as pardoned villains (Mach IV, Songbird, Atlas) and heroes (Captain Marvel/Photon/Genis-Vell, and Hawkeye while he was alive), they are much more like Suicide Squad.

Sheesh, I forgot all about Doom Patrol and I buy it each month too. Only one more issue left though.

Are they ending the book? Or, just the current plotline?

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Freedom Force is similar to the Suicide Squad.

What was the name of the solar observatory that the X-Men visited, that led to the rise of the Phoenix? It had a similar feel to Star Labs. Add FF and even the old Damage Control for various research groups.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Sentinel
Palladin

Starcore was the solar research satellite you're thinking of.

Yeah but his associates continued to run it using an lmd in his place. I cant recall if its still around or not

That LMD was destroyed during the Deltite Affair (Nick Fury VS. SHIELD #1-6).

I personally would like to see Stark get it back, although it would make for an interesting story to have several corporate moguls vying for Stane (Roxxon, Hammer, Marrs Corp, Rand-Meachum, etc).

Marcantony
Adventurer

Isnt Roxxon long gone? I dont recall having seen Hammer in a very long time either, or the secret empire, or Brand.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Marcantony wrote:Sir_Spirit, suicide squad while run by the government made use of supervillains offering them reduced sentences IF they survived the mission. And quite a few didnt, hence the suicide name. Thus I think Checkmate is the closest.

Hmm, Checkmate, eh?
Well, let's see....

Checkmate was established by Amanda Waller as an independent arm of Task Force X, a bureau that also had administration over the Suicide Squad.Strucktured ater the hierachy of chess pieces, Checkmate is led by a Queen or King(depending on the gender of the current adminnistrator, followed by administrative Bishops, field director Rooks, armored and well armed field agent Knights, and support-tech Pawns.

Yeah, I can see why you'd think it was Marvels equivalent of DC's Suicide Squads. Especially since it's part of the DCU!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sentinel
Palladin

To be fair, Checkmate got a major re-structure after Amanda Waller was removed as the head of Task Force X, and replaced by Sarge Steel.
The Knights are in their own stylistic way remiscent of SHIELD agents, and as their escapdes around the world definitely make them akin to SHIELD in that regard (although Checkmate seems to be better at keeping their existance more of a secret).

While Marvel chose to keep their agencies separate (SHIELD, The Commision, etc), DC chose to put Suicide Squad, Checkmate, Captain Atom, and Peacemaker all under the Task Force X umbrella.

Here's some trivia (and, no, I don't know myself): There was a British division of SHIELD, called S.T.R.I.K.E. What did the acronym stand for?

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Special Tactical Response for Key Emmergencies.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Sentinel
Palladin

Where was that revealed? I want to get that back-issue.

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Wow, I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned already (you normally beat me to the punch so fast Sentinel) but the closest thing to star labs for marvel would most likely be Project Pegasus.
Sentinel
Palladin

Pegasus got pegged for the Cadmus Project equivalent.
I could go either way, myself, but Pegasus like Cadmus kept a lot of superhumans around regularly.
The Marvel Two-In-One series (Project Pegasus: Issues #53-58) was definitely more similar to Cadmus.

Marcantony
Adventurer

Sir_Spirit wrote:
Marcantony wrote:Sir_Spirit, suicide squad while run by the government made use of supervillains offering them reduced sentences IF they survived the mission. And quite a few didnt, hence the suicide name. Thus I think Checkmate is the closest.

Hmm, Checkmate, eh?
Well, let's see....

Checkmate was established by Amanda Waller as an independent arm of Task Force X, a bureau that also had administration over the Suicide Squad.Strucktured ater the hierachy of chess pieces, Checkmate is led by a Queen or King(depending on the gender of the current adminnistrator, followed by administrative Bishops, field director Rooks, armored and well armed field agent Knights, and support-tech Pawns.

Yeah, I can see why you'd think it was Marvels equivalent of DC's Suicide Squads. Especially since it's part of the DCU!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For crying out loud, I was responding to your saying Suicide Squad was the equivalent of Shield. I know its part of the frickin DCU.
I mean my whole topic was about Marvel versions of DC groups, so why would I compare Checkmate to Suicide Squad.
Btw Checkmate didnt have true control over Task Force X until after the Janus Directive.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Marcantony wrote:Btw Checkmate didnt have true control over Task Force X until after the Janus Directive.

I suppose you are responding to this?

Checkmate was established by Amanda Waller as an independent arm of Task Force X, a bureau that also had administration over the Suicide Squad.

The 'bureau' that I am speaking of is Task Force X, not Checkmate.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”