Thermosynthetic Armor

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

If you buy "resistance to Cold" then you are Resistant to Cold period.

You bought off your "weakness", which is a great idea i used more than once.

Should you have to buy Resistant to Heat though is a better question ?
Its needed for several weapons...

You feed off heat, so that Heat cannon thingie should be easier/cheaper to buy-upgrade to...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Carmen
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Carmen »

That is something I never thought of, I would make Resistant to Cold off limits to them and should add Resistant to Heat for free at the start. I will have to think of adding that to the list of corrections for the next book. But dont quote me on that yet, I will have to think about it first. Carmen. :D
TechnoGothic
Knight

its not much of a loophole to me though.

Most players would rather spend their Bio-E points elsewhere from my experiences even those players who try to out-think the system for loopholes.

If i were to limit Resistance to Cold for the thermosynthetic HAs, i'd limit to off limits until Level 5 or higher...

The Host/pilot has body temperature so it would interesting if in Cold conditions it feed off the pilot's heat...with pentalities to the pilot as "parsite host armor" 8-)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

For thermosynthetic host armor charge 10 Bio-Points.
You get Resistance to Heat for "free".

That way it balances out. You just basicly bought Cold/Heat resistance for an extra 2 Bio-points.
A Normal Host Armor would cost them 8 Points for Both.
Thermo-armor gets Heat for Free right. Add heat and Cold together +2 to buy off its internal flaw of vulnerablitity to cold.

The Heat Projector cannon is a great buy for any Thermosynthetic Host Armor also...
I would say Flame Weapons, but for some reason they are restricted to the cool host armors.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

i once had the idea that a Thermosynthetic Host Armor could use a weapon such the Heat Projector or maybe an alternate version of Flame Breath (mabe located elsewhere, say uses a hollowed Horn as the "mouth") that it could use the Flames/Heat against say a Big Rock, heat it up to near melting. Then use the Heated Rock as a heat source for a few hours (1d4+2) to fend off the cold damage.
This would be great in a Desert Game where the temperatures could range from 130 degrees+ during the day to Freezing Tempertures at Night. Would work for the short run, but not the long run such a "winter-land"...

You know, i think i'd allow Flame Breath for the "no-mouth" Armors if they modified a Horn into a Hollow needle-like Horn to project the flame from.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

ManDrake13 wrote:I wonder if you could implant a radioactive element into a Thermosynthetic host somehow to provide a long term heat source? Cut open one of the reactors of the NEXUS robots and get the radioactive elements out and have a special pouch on it to store it. There are bacteria that are unaffected by radiation right?

i dont know, at least host armor are innate immune to radiation. But the host isnt. putting radiation "inside" may backfire.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

:lol:
We might just need to create a new metabolism based on Radioactive stuff. Be a good way to clean up some of those battlefields with the machine.

Thermonuclear feeding

Cool side-effect. Host Armor has a tendicy to Glow like a Glow cell at night, has a High Body temperature. Using any of the Energy Bio-weapons causes the host armor to glow brightly even during the day.

TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Return to “Splicers®”