Fiery Touch

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Fiery Touch

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, here's another spell question. How much does Fiery Touch cover? Is it just the skin? Would wearing armor make it useless? Or would a hit on the armor not do damage to the attacker, and the hit that bypasses it does damage to the attacker? Does it do damage to the attacker if they use a weapon? Does it do damage to the weapon? How much SDC do weapons have? Would they be melting when they hit the body? Does the touch extend to weapons held by the warlock? What about over gloves/gauntlets?

-Vek
"Shouldn't it be called Fiery Body?"
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Fiery Touch

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Going off my basic definition of aura, I would allow it to work in most medieval style armor; a person's aura extends a fingersbreadth to a handsbreadth from the person, with men of magic having bigger auras. I would generally not apply it to the person's weapons, but I would apply it to their unarmed attacks, and to people who attacked them unarmed, or with weapons designed to enhance unarmed attacks (brass knuckles). Since it doesn't set combustibles on fire, I would say it doesn't harm weapons or armor, but I would still have AR play a role if you're punching someone (don't beat the AR, you hit their armor, which doesn't burn).
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Re: how much SDC to weapons have....

... consulting page #47 of Palladium Fantasy 2E Main Book which has the generic SDC values table.... and its not there. They've got walls, wagons, furniture, rope, glass, doors, locks, and a frying pan (3 sizes), but no weapons?

Okay switching to another main RPG book of Palladium's ... lets see Heroes Unlimited (2E) pg71 has weapon SDC, along with the old Main Rifts Book (pre-UE) on pg36 and TMNT (revised) pg59 and Macross 2 RPG pg31 all agree (100 SDC for a Metal Sword, 40 SDC for Hard Wood, the others are modern projectile weapons) and 1E RT doesn't have a listing (surprisingly) for those specific items and RUE seems to have dropped the table completely AFAIK. Someone else will have to check the other PB lines.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, one more question on this. What happens if you have this spell active and bearhug someone, or are in constant contact with them for some reason? Would it do 4d6 damage per round? Per attack?

-Vek
"Library Ogre, huh?"
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Veknironth wrote:Well, one more question on this. What happens if you have this spell active and bearhug someone, or are in constant contact with them for some reason? Would it do 4d6 damage per round? Per attack?

-Vek
"Library Ogre, huh?"

I'd go with per round, myself, but realize that gets weird when you can normally touch someone 5 times in a round and do 20d6 damage, v. a bearhug where you hold them for 15 seconds and only do 4d6.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

As a lvl 1 spell for 5 ppe, i'd say it can do a maximum of 4d6 damage a round no matter how many people you touch, so you touch the first person and you do 4d6 damage and the next person nothing, or spread over multiple attacks doing d6 increments of damage.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”