What do you want for the H.U,s books in 2016?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What do you want for the H.U,s books in 2016?

Unread post by gaby »

What to you want for the Heroes Unlimied,s books in 2016?

Well I hope they do Golden age Unlimited.
Ther will be some Npc both Hero and Villain,Maybe some New Powers and special abillities and 100 Adventures ideas.

So What do you Hope for?
Last edited by gaby on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: What do hope will be the Heroes Unlimited,s book for 201

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I'd love a Powers Unlimited 4. new powers, new power categories.

Another book on Century Station or maybe a sister city. If Century Station is HU's Metropolis, maybe HU's Gotham would be cool.

An update on the technical stuff from HU would also be nice. It was written back in the 80s and even then it was.. -early 80s/late 70s- tech level and the 'visions' of the future at that point. it's 2016. We could really use updates.

Heck I'd love to see a Heroes Unlimited 3, with everything updated.

Sadly I don't' think we'll see any of that. ----if---- we get a book, at all this year (Unlikely. 3 or 4 books a year from palladium and there's already two rifts books a chaos earth book and a DR book on the time table), but if we get a book it'll likely be one of the ones mentioned previously. The one on Secret groups round the world or what have you.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: What do you want for the H.U,s books in 2016?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The Hardward Unlimited book modified to include my psychic builder char template. :angel:
That is what I want.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Hardware Unlimited. A print of the Ramon Perez drawing that is in the first hardcover and is cropped on page 5 of Powers Unlimited.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

There's no pic on page 5 of Powers Unlimited. Do you mean page 1?

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Legends Unlimited. A genre sourcebook expanding on the themes of gods, demigods, cursed heroes, chosen heroes, and maybe even magic using heroes. Including NPCs, tips for running stories involving these kinds of characters, and the obligatory sample adventure.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:There's no pic on page 5 of Powers Unlimited. Do you mean page 1?

Yes, I meant page 1. I don't know why I remembered it as page 5. Thank you.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

I think the biggest thing would be Hardware/Technology Unlimited. The books were written long enough ago that, with the way things have changed IRL, the content of the books might be a bit outdated. So to expand upon and have newer technologies and hardware available would be peachy.

In addition to that, giving more and better options for the Hardware heroes would be amazing as well. New options for skill programs, bigger and better budgets, more toys to play with and create...even a couple of new hero categories in Hardware or even expanding upon the ones that exist.

Beyond this, I'd love to see an updated book for the Robotics power category. Not necessarily contained within Hardware Unlimited, but quite possibly separated out from that. There is enough stuff going on with robotics that it could warrant its own book. Which I would more than happily purchase the moment that kickstarter is announced.
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by VR Dragon »

I would really like to finally have the Atorian Empire Sourcebook for Aliens unlimited. been waiting 10 years.

Would really like more meat in the AU stuff. Hard enough to find a group willing to play super beings game, least space makes it better suited.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Hard enough to find a GM for a HU game. Being unable to work leaves a lot of time for play by post and it takes a lot of play by post heroes games to fill up a day. Very few of those games out there are daily, I can tell you. This post was not meant to target, directly or indirectly, anyone on these forums.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

What i would like to see is the magic category expanded, also the Robotics category expanded (on par with what's in Rifts SB1), new categories for Psionics.
The Dragon Has Spoken
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

How about books in general... I really want palladium to produce multiple books a month...
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Niji

Unread post by Niji »

I would like to see the ' customizing' powers section they mentioned....decades ago? The idea of reshaping some of the effects or such of certain super abilities sounded really interesting, and would let us inject tons of flavor and personality into the characters (especially mutants).

Would also be a nice expansion on the young/level 0 heroes, and to have more options for power backfires and all that, unstable powers tweaks for insanity suffering or crazy heroes(expand it into a full power category perhaps, powers gained because of the crazy(or 'otherness', etc) all collected into a nice sourcebook.

Though I'd rather have another expansion book for Aliens Unlimited, galactic campaigns are much more interesting, but rifts space stuff is too heavy(cosmo knights, splirgoth, etc). Keeping things just the HU/AU dimension and expanding the alien galactic civilization lore would be so much fun to read and play, even though galaxy guide was solid on giving the tools to populate the galaxies on the GM's own. My 4 year long play by post campaign in aliens unlimited was one of my favorites(RIP google groups!).
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Sort of a "Powers -Limited-" Sort of book? lol

I could get behind that. Alot of the stuff you've mentioned has come out in Rifters over the years but those are (Were?) By and large optional rules. Thing is "Optional' rules are pretty much all you need for... broken powers, back lash, or kid heroes, or crazy heroes (Though if memory serves there's a large section on crazy heroes in the main book. It's just a rather simplistic 1970s view of insanity, so way way WAYYYYY out of date.)

I doubt they'd use one of their 3 or 4 book slots a year for such a book... but if they did I'd buy it.

As for power customization. It's great in theory but Palladium's system would make it difficult. Many of the powers are.... eh..... Simplistic? Shallow? "Energy expulsion Fire" You.. "shoot fire" you have this range and it does this damage. Next power. Energy expulsion Energy.... You shoot energy. It does this damage at this range.... next...

I mean you can change the color of fire, or energy but there's not really too much you can do with such milinalist power rules to customize.

The only things you can really muck around with would be strength, duration and range... where in 19 out of 20 people will cut duration or range and max out the strength (Damage) every time. That just turns it into 'legalized muchkin mechanics".

SittingBull
Hero

Let them, experienced players (in most campaigns) know you don't have enough range most times. If the damage were to be growing, with my level, I would be upping the range, maybe even the duration, depending on the power. Even reduce actions required to use a power, or facet of the power.

I saw somewhere, recently, where a palladium superpower used ppe to operate. I can't remember what the power was though, but here lately my mind isn't what it used to be; so I could be wrong. If, and I know this is a HUGE IF that would never happen except on a custom work basis, powers were converted to use ppe then they could be "at least more" customizable.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Slight001 wrote:How about books in general... I really want palladium to produce multiple books a month...

While that would be cool, I don't think the demand would support that kind of output. D&D is demonstrably more popular than Palladium's entire catalog and WotC only put out four books for it last year. Five if you include the DM screen.

The only way I could see it happening is if Palladium switched to print on demand and made every product 25 pages. Then they'd probably be able to produce two or three every month, but a big portion of the fanbase would be disappointed. It would be kind of neat for tightly themed supplements though, with everything built around a specific class or race or other background element.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

SittingBull wrote:Let them, experienced players (in most campaigns) know you don't have enough range most times. If the damage were to be growing, with my level, I would be upping the range, maybe even the duration, depending on the power. Even reduce actions required to use a power, or facet of the power.

I saw somewhere, recently, where a palladium superpower used ppe to operate. I can't remember what the power was though, but here lately my mind isn't what it used to be; so I could be wrong. If, and I know this is a HUGE IF that would never happen except on a custom work basis, powers were converted to use ppe then they could be "at least more" customizable.

The point remains though, 'customizing' the powers would only let you boost range, damage or duration in most. Area of effect in a few. That's what, half a page? And even then, twinks are going to use it as 'canon' reason to twink out their chars. Do we really need that?

SittingBull
Hero

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
SittingBull wrote:Let them, experienced players (in most campaigns) know you don't have enough range most times. If the damage were to be growing, with my level, I would be upping the range, maybe even the duration, depending on the power. Even reduce actions required to use a power, or facet of the power.

The point remains though, 'customizing' the powers would only let you boost range, damage or duration in most. Area of effect in a few. That's what, half a page? And even then, twinks are going to use it as 'canon' reason to twink out their chars. Do we really need that?

Just have to remind the GM's a few more times that they can say no to customizations, whole or in part.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Niji

Unread post by Niji »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:

All good points. Its been awhile since non-cinematic tweaking (well usually down tweak stuff lately cause even base line they seem to strong!) was an issue in my encounters (d&d excluded, i catch so much flak for wanting to change the damn color of a fire wizards flames or the shape from a ball to a mini pheonix, meanwhile the hyper twinked rogues fly under the radar...).

But again collecting all the loose VERY spread out great tweaks from the rifter even would be a great boon. And hard covers or collected editions (say powers unlimited 1-3 as a hard bound colored book!)of sequential already existing books would be great buys, i'd rather have 3 books that cover the whole alien, heroes, powers spectrum as hardbound than some 15 odd flimiay books that have fallen apart :/.

Any meaninggful content would be welcomed, or heck even new gameplay relevant stuff in rifter(instead of stories inspired by person X's campaign). Campign ideas are easy to come up with, but new and fun/challenging mechanics and alternative playstyles are much harder to get players behind without some sort of semi-cannon source book. (And I loved the luck rules in that one rifter for interesting things happening on natural 1s and 20s, and other areas, i still impliment stuff like that from scraggly memory whenever I get to GM!)
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Hardware Unlimited would be my first choice.
Niji

Unread post by Niji »

Incriptus wrote:Hardware Unlimited would be my first choice.

Oh, odd, for some reason I thought that was already released a year or two ago? I remember a coming soon in the store or something, or rolled into powers unlimited 2's super inventing? Hmnn in that case I change my answer to Hardware Unlimited as well.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”