Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

guardiandashi wrote:I heard rumors that the Alecians decided to give out presents this year...
Wayfarer "Nuclear hand grenades?"
Ghostrider: "Vortex munitions?"
Skullcrusher: "Holographic Rockem-Sockem Robot Sets?"

Alecian: "Nope", handing out boxes with funny symbols on the side "Anti-Vampire RG-6000 rounds"

and for "party Favors" we also brought a few Anti-Vampire "flares"
all :eek: :shock: "Why does the flare box say 'Danger use SPF 100,000 sunscreen before use?'"

Eww...now I have the desire to build a Wayfinder TW Utility Warmount around my spell 'Liquify Sunshine' just to manufacture liquid sunlight-filled munitions. :twisted: :angel:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:"I was wondering why the Wayfinders insisted on re-doing their cybears in white and silver..."

"I dread what 'Gifts' the Ghost Riders will give out this year.."
"The candy cane gravity spears did prove quite effective against that vampire infestation last year.."
"Yes.. I did quite enjoy the look of shock and the silence of their laughter upon being impaled by the white and red stripped spears."
-Two Skullcrushers standing guard at a High Council Meeting with several Ghost Riders carrying large numbers of shiny wrapped packages.

Yeah, sucks when you try to turn into a mist, and an intense localized gravity field sucks you down into contact with actual pure silver glitter. Then some inconsiderately inorganic bastard 'sugar powders' you with even more silver glitter., THEN takes you up and into the sunshine to bake.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:"I was wondering why the Wayfinders insisted on re-doing their cybears in white and silver..."

"I dread what 'Gifts' the Ghost Riders will give out this year.."
"The candy cane gravity spears did prove quite effective against that vampire infestation last year.."
"Yes.. I did quite enjoy the look of shock and the silence of their laughter upon being impaled by the white and red stripped spears."
-Two Skullcrushers standing guard at a High Council Meeting with several Ghost Riders carrying large numbers of shiny wrapped packages.

Yeah, sucks when you try to turn into a mist, and an intense localized gravity field sucks you down into contact with actual pure silver glitter. Then some inconsiderately inorganic bastard 'sugar powders' you with even more silver glitter., THEN takes you up and into the sunshine to bake.

Ok.. NOW I'm going to actually MAKE the gravity candy cane spear.. it'll be Ghost Rider's gift to the Lollipop Tribe..

Also, love the Lughaul.

Also uploaded Storm Esspa, Thorondor, the last batch of Ghost Rider gear I posted, Kondar..
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Time for the Lost Eclipse to get a piece of equipment/weapon..

Scream Blades

The Lost Eclipse, ever masters of psychological warfare and horror have taken it to their equipment. Experimenting with vibro weapons and sonic weaponry has created the Scream Blades. Scream blades are usually heavy swords, although axes and pole arms exist, with thick blades, usually with images of screaming faces or demons being impaled upon the blade's surface. Swords are a bit shorter than the Executioner swords of the berserkers, but has a thicker blade.
The vibro fields vibrate at such a frequency that is loud enough and quite unnerving to most lifeforms, causing those around an active scream blade to feel uneasy and disturbed. Lost Eclipse warriors use this as they stalk enemies, causing foes to become paranoid and easily frightened. Some even trail foes for miles, keeping the blades active to prevent their targets from getting sleep.
Once engaged in combat, the wielder can cause the field to vibrate, combined with a built in speaker, to change pitch and frequencies to become even more haunting and unsettling, easily frightening anyone, including lesser demons. This increase is combined with swinging the blade, making it seem to scream as it cuts into armour and flesh. Lost Eclipse berserkers found these weapons quite useful in scattering groups of lesser demons during the Minion War, making them easier to pick off or drive into the waiting guns of their fellow battle sisters. Additionally, the scream blade contains a concealed short ranged, but powerful sonic blaster, which can aid in pulling the blade out of anything it might get stuck in. The sonic blaster's blast is as loud as a sonic boom, but sounding more like a banshee's wail. The sonic blast can be fired with either the blade tip pointing to the target, or with the blade's edge pointing, which is usually done as part of a downward slash for a more dramatic and intimidating show.

M.D.C. of the Weapon: 30
Weight: 40 lbs
Range: Melee, 30 ft sonic blaster
Size: 4.5 ft
Mega-Damage: 4d6 MD blade, sonic blaster 7d6 MD to all in a 10 foot wide, 30 foot long area.
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: While in the hands of a Shemarrian, technically unlimited through induction drawing power from the Shemarrian. Otherwise, the Scream blade can fire the sonic blaster 10 times and still have power for the vibro blade for 24 hours.

Drone: The vibro field, combined with the built in speakers to carry the sound is similar to the emulated Funeral Dirge spell. It is loud, nerve-rattling (-1 to initiative amongst those who hear it) in its atonal, subsonic composition, and can be heard from 1000 away. Those with enhanced hearing, but not sound filtration, will react to it as if it were a Thunderclap spell. When used for prolonged periods, such as when stalking foes, and also used to keep targets from sleeping, may have far longer psychological effects, such as anxiety, panic attacks, or might start to fear the dark after hours of use against a target in the dark. Use GM discretion, see Trauma & Neurosis Table Rifts Ultimate Edition Pages 331-334.

Screaming Blade: As part of a swing in combat (activated via induction link, or concealed button on the hilt), or as part of an act of intimidation, the vibro frequencies change, combined with the drone, and amplified give the wielder a HF of 15 to all within 100 ft. Those that save their HF roll still suffer from the drone effects. Those that fail not only suffer normal effects of a failed HF roll (so overwhelmed and is temporarily stunned, loses initiative, one attack/melee action, can not defend against wielder's first attack (no dodge or parry) of that round), but will be so unsettled by the wielder's next successful attack (which has to be the attack that the wielder uses the Screaming Blade feature) that they will try and run away from the wielder and avoid her/him for the next 1d4+1 melee rounds. A roll using M.E. bonus vs 14 will reduce this to only 2 melee rounds to avoid the wielder. This effect also affects supernatural creatures, lesser demons, and such creatures that might normally be immune to fear, as this is a sonic effect, resonating with parts of biology, and not psychological. More powerful demons, creatures of magic, alien intelligences and gods (but not godlings who get +2 to save) are not affected.

Sonic Blaster: The power of the sonic blaster is as loud as a boom gun, all within 100 feet suffer the same penalties as if a boom gun was fired. Shemarrians and warmounts are all equipped so their ears and audio sensors are protected from the effects, including NeShemar. The sonic blaster is a bit inaccurate, suffering -1 to attack, but targets are -1 to dodge as the sonic waves are invisible except for lose dirt and air disturbed which is barely visible, although quite visible in fog or smoke.
If the sonic blaster is used within 10 feet, or the attack/action immediately following a successful melee attack, the power of the sonic blaster has a 50% chance of launching targets weighing less than 1000 lbs back 1d4x5 feet, dealing an additional 2d4 MD when they hit the ground, knocked prone, or striking an object. Creatures that weight more than 1000 lbs only have a 40% chance of being knocked down, but still suffer 2d4 MD. A knocked down creature loses initiative, one melee attack/action, creatures less than 1000 lbs that are launched loses 2 attacks.
taalismn
Priest

Alright! Howling Horror-blades!
When you absolutely want the bad guys to know you're carving your way in towards them!
"The element of surprise is how fast we're going to be on top of you."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Alright! Howling Horror-blades!
When you absolutely want the bad guys to know you're carving your way in towards them!
"The element of surprise is how fast we're going to be on top of you."

Just because they can be heard, doesn't mean they can be seen.. how much sleep will a group of intruders get with a constant drone from 3 or 4 Screaming blades constantly following.. or ahead.. or off to the side.. or even above them.. or when used when a prisoner is suffering from sensory deprivation.. only to have the drone, or worse the scream used on them from time to time.. or constantly.

Oh yeah.. I was thinking of more uses besides combat.. and for a blade to scare lesser demon hordes, I think that comes in REAL handy.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

kronos wrote:Time for the Lost Eclipse to get a piece of equipment/weapon..

Scream Blades

Maybe something like this? -- Sword

Nice idea.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

abtex wrote:
kronos wrote:Time for the Lost Eclipse to get a piece of equipment/weapon..

Scream Blades

Maybe something like this? -- Sword

Nice idea.

Yeah.. I can see some being made to look like that.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

I was just looking on the Codex.. and there isn't any consistency with E-nimal, drones, weapons, and most of the ships/vehicles in numbering systems.. I'll admit for the Dissolver and Bolt Thrall I made up numbers and a designation due to this non-consistency, although I've tried to keep them semi consistent (AD for Attack Drone, and the numbers I pulled out of the aether).
I think we need to come up with a system, like the warmounts are all EcoS-K.
For ships I can see some of the designations being similar to conventional naval/starship with DD, CV, etc. So someone should get on that.. taalismn?? I'm doing the wikia so I'm not being promoted to designation system sorting detail. :-P
taalismn
Priest

The Dalit gets its own illo(finally):http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/dalit_zpsgiexluvy.jpg

Yeah, I'll admit the numbering system for everything other than Warmounts is pretty adhoc; it started back in the day when we didn't figure on creating dozens, if not HUNDREDS of the things.
Yep...I'll see about setting up some basic codes like I've been trying to standardize clan variant suffixes on the Warmounts and E-nimals. Even that's proven problematic, since some clans and fringe tribes have the same initials.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:The Dalit gets its own illo(finally):http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/dalit_zpsgiexluvy.jpg

Yeah, I'll admit the numbering system for everything other than Warmounts is pretty adhoc; it started back in the day when we didn't figure on creating dozens, if not HUNDREDS of the things.
Yep...I'll see about setting up some basic codes like I've been trying to standardize clan variant suffixes on the Warmounts and E-nimals. Even that's proven problematic, since some clans and fringe tribes have the same initials.

Well.. if necessary, we can wipe the numbers on the currently created units so that we can have a fresh start and continue from there and say any previous numbers/designations were assigned by outsiders..?
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:The Dalit gets its own illo(finally):http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/dalit_zpsgiexluvy.jpg

Well.. if necessary, we can wipe the numbers on the currently created units so that we can have a fresh start and continue from there and say any previous numbers/designations were assigned by outsiders..?

The EShemar originally only referred to their ships and equipment by transmitted barcode-style sequences, but as they developed an oral tradition, they began assigning names, including formally adopting some of the names outsiders gave to their wargear.

Well, my initial take on the Warmount numbers and ship names was that they were assigned by outsiders(the numbers being essentially 'this is the order these things were sighted in/reported in').
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Egad, but this one gave me fits from the very moment I saw 89er’s original idea description(‘how the HELL’ is anybody going to do that?’) ....but somehow I discovered I got it done...

*EcoS-K-91 Myxomyte---Polymorphic Warmount
(aka ‘ameboid’, ‘slyminator’, ‘megablob’, ‘goozilla’, ‘snot-monster’, ‘cthuloid’, ‘big blobster’, ‘gummi-puss’, ‘blackwash’, ‘sludgenator’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/myxomyte_zpsbcvknjxq.jpg

“It’s fortunate I’m a full conversion cyborg now, because watching that thing move would have me throwing up if I still had a flesh stomach.”
----Anonymous NeShemar, upon seeing a Myxomyte in action.

<<“Sir, we’re receiving confusing reports from our forward squads----they claim they’re being either overwhelmed, outflanked, or flooded, then they cut off abruptly, usually screaming-AUUGH-”>>

“RUN! RUN!!! BEFORE THE BLACKWASH EATS US ALL!!!”

“How efficient; you simultaneously captured, stripped, incapacitated and psychologically traumatized an entire enemy squad. Somebody want to hose them off before we pack them off to the POW assembly point?”

This exotic Warmount was developed as an idea by the Lost Eclipse in its pursuit of ever-more exotic and mind-bending Warmounts; a massive protean warmount that would raise nightmarish associations with such amoeboid monstrosities as the Yboor blobs and Boschala abominations. It sounded like such a wonderful idea that the Lost Eclipse devoted some of their most twisted geniuses to it. However, the perfect design eluded them for years. The early success of the ‘proof of concept’ Liquidus Robotic Animal raised hopes of more successes to follow, but scaled-up prototype after prototype self-destructed or failed to start, and the Vatfathers assigned to the project began to slump in despair. However, then the Wayfinders introduced the Enigmoid, and the Lost Eclipse began taking a serious look at the strange new Warmount, then at other polyform EShemar such as the QuickSil and Vada Transformations.
The Myxomyte resembles a massive blob of polymorphic alloy or liquid plastic. The ‘saddle’ is an enclosed pod that floats in the center of it, controlling the amorphic cybercreature. The pod can ‘float’ on the surface, or sit submerged inside the bulk of the Myxomyte, although this interferes with the operation of sensors and diminishes the combat effectiveness of the Warmount.
The polymorphic nanite-enriched alloy can vary its viscosity from a rock-solid lump to a thin liquid. The material can be directed to roll, ooze, or pour across the ground, and slip across its surface, or stick to it like glue. The Myxomyte can flow through city streets, and, though it is limited by what its command pod can pass through, it can send long tendrils of itself through surprisingly narrow openings.
The Myxomyte punches via hydraulic pressure, building up internal pressure, then venting the pressure plume through a more viscous portion of itself. This gelatinous pressure spray can hit like a tidal wave, and can hit with even more force if the Myxomyte covers its punching tendril with a ‘cestus’ of heavy debris.
Though the Myxomyte is not well-suited for open combat, it is a terror to enemy infantry, especially at close quarters. Urban campaigns that involve space- or airborne deployed drops of Myxomytes into city limits are known as ‘sludge drops’. One noteworthy urban battle had a squad of Myxomytes flowing through a defended city, engulfing enemy troops, eating their weapons and armor, and leaving naked and be-slimed soldiers stunned in their path for follow-up teams of Shemar warriors to capture.
The shortcomings of the Myxomyte are its relatively slow speed and its vulnerability to a decapitating blow; unlike other Warmounts, the saddle/cockpit pod serves as an integral anchor for the polymorphic material that makes up the bulk of the Myxomyte. Without it, even with an Ecotroz essence lending the material some limited form of consciousness, the protean construct loses purpose and cohesion unless another command pod is somehow immediately available to assert control. While this is arguably a safeguard against a ‘gray goo’ rampage, it still represents a vulnerability. Fortunately, the command pod is typically virtually submerged and camouflaged by the bulk of the Myxomyte and is both hard to target and well-armored against chance shots, but wise Myxomyte riders try not to expose themselves to an observant enemy. The Myxomyte is also a nightmare from a maintainance standpoint; a damaged Myxomyte must be repaired where it lies, as it is very difficult to scoop up the warmount and transport it to a repair depot. The lack of solid parts also give inexperienced Tinkers fits and hard drive crashes contemplating how to repair the things.
Currently the Lost Eclipse is the only Tribe known to deploy the Myxomyte, though the Obsidian Dawn has expressed an interest in acquiring the templates(ironically, with an eye towards using them as Yboor-hunters).

Type: EcoS-K-91 Myxomyte
Class: Robotic Warmount
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 600
Command Pod* 300
Gun Mounts(2) 70-100 each
Extendable Morph Tentacles(1-8) typically 100-150 each

*Destroying the command pod effectively disables the Warmount; there’s a 01-30% chance of the Myxomyte going quiescent, becoming a lump of inert jelly until a new command pod is installed, 31-60% chance of the Myxomyte going berserk, lashing out at perceived enemies for 2d6 minutes before self-destructing into sludge, and 61-00% chance of the Warmount just self-destructing.
Normally, the Command Pod is well-concealed within the mass of the Myxomyte with only sensor periscopes and the gun mounts showing, and is -5 to strike.

Height: (Variable) In its most symmetrically consistent form, a sphere, it would measure 20 ft in diameter. The command pod is roughly 5 ft tall by 5 ft wide by 8 ft long.
Width: (Variable)
Length: (Variable)
Weight: 9 tons
Cargo: Small space inside the Command Pod for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 60 MPH
(Leaping) Not possible; however, the Myxomyte can throw tendrils of itself across gaps of up to 100 ft, and pull itself over them. The Myxomyte can also survive drops from as far up as 600 ft without damage.
(Climbing) Agile climber, able to throw ropes of itself up vertical inclines and pull itself up(one observer compared it to ‘a very gooey octopus climbing up a wall’).
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) The Myxomyte can control its buoyancy, so it can crawl along the bottom at 30 MPH or float and paddle along at a more sedate 20 MPH. Maximum depth tolerance of 1.5 miles.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Myxomytes have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 200 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Sense Vibrations/Motion Detection---The Myxomyte is very sensitive to vibrations, and can sense motion through otherwise imperceptible ground shocks. Can listen for underground activity, such as burrowing animals, tunneling vehicles, water running thru pipes, etc., as well as surface movement. Passive sensors can detect the surface movement of large animals(2 tons or more), robots, heavy vehicles, or large masses of infantry with 40% accuracy, up to a mile away.

*Stealth/Camouflage---The Myxomyte can change color to match its surroundings, like a chameleon, but it can also attach local materials to itself, the better to blend with the terrain, changing color within 1d4 melees. In water, it can turn virtually transparent(the command pod will be visible, looking like a mini-sub, but not the rest of the warmount). The Warmount also absorbs/scatters radar energy, rendering such sensors less effective.
Bonuses: -20% to opposition Detect Ambush and Detect Concealment rolls; heat and radar/sonar sensors are useless.

*Molecular Analyzer---like its Liquidus ancestor, the Myxomyte is constantly ‘sniffing’ its surroundings, looking for chemical clues. A favorite tactic is to send a feeler ‘sniffing’ after a target, snaking into buildings and close quarters where they might have taken shelter, before the bulk of the Myxomyte tears a way in to grab them. Can effectively track by smell 84%.

*Kinetic Resistance---The Myxomyte takes only 1/4 damage from projectile and kinetic damage, such as rail gun rounds, punches, kicks, and impacts.

*Up-Armor---In the same way as it can camouflage itself, the Myxomyte can increase its physical armor by attaching materials(typically battlefield wreckage) to itself. It can add as much as 400 MDC before becoming encumbered(reduce speed by HALF if carrying over 400 MDC of extra material reinforcement). Maxes out at 900 MDC at which point the Warmount can barely move.

*Ejector Pod---The Command Pod is fully enclosed and equipped with booster jets capable of blasting the pod free of a destroyed or compromised Warmount and lofting it some 11,000 ft away. Some ‘riders go even further and have a hoverjet system installed(150 MPH, maximum altitude of 800 ft) allowing the ‘rider to get even further away, or to continue the fight still ‘in the saddle’.

*Horror Factor----The Myxomyte is just so ALIEN in its movements that it gets an effective H.F. of 13

Weapons Systems:
1) Pod Weapons(2)----These are heavy weapons mounted directly to the upper sides of the command pod. The command pod can spin in its gelatinous seating as fast as any mechanical turret in order to bring these weapons to bear.
a) Shemarrian Long Rifle---Standard and familiar heavy-hitter for the Shemarrians.
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per shot
Rate of Fire: EGCHH
Payload: 820 rd drum

b)Pulse Laser Lances---Adapted from the Kittani Energy Lance; modest damage, but good range, and excellent accuracy(due to its light weight and integral laser sighting).
Range: 6,000 ft in hi-mode, 3,000 ft in lo-mode
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot in hi-mode, 6d6 MD per blast in lo-mode
Payload: Effectively unlimited
Bonus: +2 to strike

c) Ion Cannon---Giving a nod to the Obsidian Edge, some Myxomyte crews have modified their ion cannons to stun and paralyze targets for capture(or for enhanced psychological horror).
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast
Options:*Ion Scatter-Shot Module---This is a barrel mod that turns the cannon into a short range shotgun with an area of effect blast. Reduce range to 2,000 ft, but does 5d6 MD to a 30 ft wide area.
*Neural Disrupter Blaster---A knockoff of a Northern Gun weapon(industrial espionage being alive and well), but tweaked for greater efficiency and range.
Range: 1,400 ft
Damage: (Setting One) 2d6 SDC and victim must roll versus non-lethal poison(16 or better). On a successful save the target is -3 to strike, parry, dodge, and loses initiative and 1 APM for 1d4 melee rounds. A FAILED save means the target is -7 to all actions, loses initiative, reduce APMs to ONE, skill performance is -60%, -90% to Speed, and suffers convulsions that do 1d6 SDC per round for 2d4 melee rounds.
(Setting Two) Does 2d6x10 SDC(or 1 MD), and victim must roll versus non-lethal poison(16 or better). On a successful save an augmented human(oid) is -5 to strike, parry, dodge, and loses initiative and 1 APM for 1d4 melee rounds. A successful save by UNaugmented human(oid)s results in -10 to strike, parry, dodge, lose initiative and is reduced to 1 APM, skill performance is -80%, speed reduced 95%, and suffer painful convulsions doing 1d6 SDC per melee for 2d4 MINUTES.
A FAILED save by augmented human(oid)s means the target is -7 to all actions, loses initiative, reduce APMs to TWO, skill performance is -60%, -80% to Speed, and suffers convulsions that do 4d6 SDC per round for 2d4 melee rounds.
Note: Works through most body armor up to 50 MDC. Those in armor protection of 51-80 MDC are +6 to save. Those in heavier armor, power armor, full conversion cyborgs, vehicles, robots, or who are MegaJuicers or Dragons are impervious.

d) Particle Beam Cannon---(Un)Friendly atoms.
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per blast

e) Plasma Cannon----Based on an ARCHIE-3 knockoff of a Mechanoid weapon. Rumored to have been acquired through trade with the Blood Riders.
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast. Can also fire a scatterbolt that does 4d6 MD to a 15 ft wide area, but reduce range by HALF.
Rate of Fire: EPCHH

f) Flame-thrower-----Fire and slime seem a curious mix, but being caught between being devoured alive by two inexorable forces seems to drive some opponents into gibbering mad flight from the battlefield.
Range:(Direct-Stream Mode) 230 ft
Damage:(Direct-Stream Mode)
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 1d4x10 SDC
(Napalm) 1d6x10 SDC, plus does 5d6 SDC per melee for 1d4 minutes
(MD Fluid) 1d4 MD per blast, 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 minutes
(Incendi-Gel)2d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes
(WI Napalm-P) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
Note: The flame-thrower can also be used to cover an area with fluid: up to 10 ft per attack used. Used with Super-Napalm, this does 1d4 MD, Incendi-Gel does 1d6 MD, and with Napalm-P, this does 2d6 MD.
Rate of Fire:(Direct-Stream Mode) Standard
Payload:(Direct-Stream Mode
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 20 blasts
(Napalm) 60 blasts
(MD Fluid) 100 blasts
(Incendi-Gel) 120 blasts
(WI Napalm-P) 200 blasts per tank(much more concentrated than the regular gasoline/alcohol).
Note: If given time and preparation(and chemical stocks, especially petrochemicals or wood), the Toxatyl CAN synthesize gasoline/alcohol equivalents, producing enough for 20 blasts per hour.

g) 40mm Grenade Launcher----Mini-artillery, allowing the Lost Eclipse to pin down opponents before they’re even seen, and allowing the Myxomyte to make an unhindered approach.
Range: 7,000 ft
Damage: (Fragmentation) 4d6 MD to blast area of 12 ft
2d6x10 MD to blast area of 40 ft w/ 10-rd burst
(Armor Piercing) 1d4x10 MD to blast area of 3 ft
3d6x10 MD to blast area of 8 ft w/ 10-rd burst
(Chemical) Varies, but typically creates a cloud 15 ft in diameter
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 250 rds

h)Dual Laser/Mini-Missile Launcher----Somehow, the Eshemar managed to get hold of a stock of Paladin Steel PS-MMLR-14 Mini-Missile Launcher Rifles, copies of the Coalition States’ CCT-M20 Missile Rifle, complete with mini-lasers.
Range:(Mini-Missiles) Varies by Missile Type(usually about 1 mile)
(Laser) 2,000 ft in air
Damage:(Mini-Missiles)Varies by Missile Type
(Laser) 2d6 MD per blast
Rate of Fire:(Mini-Missiles) Volleys of 1, 2, or 4
(Laser) ECHH
Payload:(Mini-Missiles)20 per launcher(10 per launch tube)
(Laser) Effectively Unlimited

2) Laser Headlights(2)---Another weapon mounted directly to the command pod.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

3) ‘Blobster’ Shells---The Myxomyte can ‘spawn’ portions of itself and throw them as projectiles. These ‘blobster’ projectiles attack inorganic substances before finally breaking down into molecular dust themselves
MDC: 55
Damage: ‘Blobsters’ spray corrosive portions of themselves that do 3d6 MD first round, and 2d4 MD per melee for 2d4 melees.
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4
Speed: ‘Blobsters’ run/shamble at 30 MPH and can jump 12 ft in any direction.
Special Properties:
*Damage Resistance---Like their ‘parent’ ‘blobsters’ take only 1/4 damage from projectile and kinetic damage, such as rail gun rounds, punches, kicks, and impacts.
*Effective Lifespan of 1d6 minutes.
Rate of Fire: ECHH, but limited to 6 ‘blobsters’ per hour.
Payload: Conditionally Unlimited; the Myxomyte can safely create 6 dissolver shells per hour, or it can sacrifice 55 MDC of its own structure to generate a ‘blobster’.

4) Sporangia Frag-Shells--The Myxomyte can also grow hard-shelled projectiles that act as fragmentation missiles.
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage: 2d4x10 MD to a 20 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-6
Payload: Conditionally Unlimited; the Myxomyte can safely create 12 sporangia shells per hour, or it can sacrifice 5 MDC of its own structure to generate a shell.

5) Chemical Spit----The Myxomyte can spit corrosive acid at targets, or, in the alternative, it can spray super-stick’um or a super-slippery solution
Range:(All) 100 ft and covers a 10 ft wide area
Damage:(Acid) 3d6 MD first round, and 2d4 MD per melee for 2d4 melees.
(Stick’um) Creatures with a P.S. of 15 or less are held fast by the goo. Those with a P.S. of 15-25 are -2 to dodge, and those with a P.S. of 25 or better, or Supernatural Strength are unaffected and easily break free. This super-glue works only on smooth surfaces like concrete if used as a trap, but can be sprayed directly ON people, glomming up limbs and sticking people to other people, etc.
(Slip-Spray)Anyone trying to move across the slick must make a roll under their Physical Prowess at -8 or go out of control at full speed. Vehicles, power armors, and light robot vehicles traveling in ground contact across sufficiently large patches of slickspray will be at -15% to their piloting rolls...failure means the vehicle goes out of control and takes on the characteristics of a giant hockey puck. Depending on the hardness of the surface(must be a hard surface, not a permeable surface like dirt or gravel), certain heavy vehicles and robots(like the Triax Devastator) will be unaffected, as they simply stomp the affected surface into the subterranean. Hovercraft are NOT affected either.
Those soaked in the oily stuff will also be at -8 versus their physical prowess, and -8 to strike with handheld weapons due to their inability to keep a steady grip on their equipment, weapons, and ropes. Trying to climb up slicked surfaces will be at -25%, and even molecular adhesion systems will be -10% to properly seat and attach.

Payload: (Acid) 50 shots before needing refill; the Myxomyte’s systems can catalyze and produce a new tankload of acid within 24 hours.
(Stick’um) 30 shots before needing refill; the Myxomyte’s systems can catalyze and produce a new tankload of super-goo within 24 hours.
(Slip-Spray)30 shots before needing refill; the Myxomyte’s systems can catalyze and produce a new tankload of slip-n-slide within 24 hours.

6) Engulfment Attack-----The Myxomyte can hold targets with an effective grip that takes a robotic or supernatural PS of 45 or greater to break free. Creatures with a greater strength can break free in 1d4 melees. Like the Liquidus, the Myxomyte can further subdue engulfed prisoners by injecting them or their breathing apparatus with chemicals. The Myxomyte can also increase hydraulic pressure on an entrapped target, crushing it.
Range: Melee
Damage:(Chemical) Varies by chemical type, typically a respiratory or skin-absorption delivered non-lethal sedative.
(Suffocation) A typical air-breather will smother in 60-75 seconds.
(Crush/Squeeze) 2d4 MD
Payload: (Chemical) Typically carries about 50 doses of chemical

7) Dissolve Materials---In place of a bite, the Myxomyte can selectively dissolve materials(for instance, it can devour the plastic armor off an entrapped person, without harming their flesh) it has engulfed. A dissolve attack typically takes two actions the first melee; the first to engulf the target, the second APM devoted to dissolving/chewing, Afterwards, the process is automatic, with APMs only needed to be expended to actively hold the target inside while digestion nanites continue to automatically work.
Damage: 6d6 MD per melee

8 ) Extendable Morph Tentacles(1-8)---These are tendrils of the Myxomyte’s substance that can be extended from the central mass and formed into various melee weapons. The tendrils can form into powered drills, broad leaf-like shielding limbs, articulated claws, edged blades, darting spikes, lashing whips, or launch as guylines. The Myxomyte can also use these appendages as mouths; embedding an appendage in a target, the Myxomyte can then directly absorb MDC into itself. If severed from the main body, they can be quickly(within 5 melee rounds) reabsorbed into the Enigmoid(instantly recovering 50% of the limb’s maximum MDC), or else they quickly decay into a fine dust.
The Myxomyte can also create very long and thin ‘snake tendrils’ that can snake into narrow spaces(as small as four inches wide) and into buildings to sniff out prey and entangle it until a wider access can be opened up to get at it. These tendrils can also be used as conduits for inserting ‘blobsters’ into small areas, it taking a full melee for the ‘blobster’ to form from the tendril end.
Range:(Varies)
(Shield) 10 ft long/wide
(Claw/Blade) 20 ft
(Spike) 30 ft
(Whip) 50 ft
(Cable) 100 ft
(Snake) 300 ft
Damage:
(Shield) +2 to Parry
(Claw)* 2d6+6 MD, 1d4x10 MD on a full melee crush attack**
(Blade)* 5d6 MD**
(Spike)* 3d6 and does Critical Damage on a ‘to Strike’ roll of 18-20**
*These appendages can also be used to embed themselves in an MDC target and ‘chew’, absorbing MDC at a rate of 5d6 MD per melee.
(Whip) 2d8 MD**
**Add +1d6 MD if the tentacle limbs are reinforced with MD debris/shrapnel
(Cable) 1d4 MD on a lash-strike
(Snake) 3d6 SDC on a lash-strike or up to 1d4 MD crush/squeeze

9) (Optional) Modular Weapons(2)---The Myxomyte has provision for command pod-mounting TWO weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the same programming as the Monstrex, plus the following:
Prowl 75% (+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)---The Myxomyte is very silent when oozing/rolling
Underwater Navigation 75%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Myxomyte intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).
Note: The Myxomyte is normally mute, but can hiss and belch to vocally communicate its basic state of mind.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +4
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry+4
Roll +6
Pull Punch +4
Entangle +6
Disarm +4
Critical Strike on a Natural 19-20
Engulfing Bite 6d6 MD per melee
Crush/Squeeze 2d4 MD
Claw* 2d6+6 MD, 1d4x10 MD on a full melee crush attack**
Blade* 5d6 MD**
Spike* 3d6 and does Critical Damage on a ‘to Strike’ roll of 18-20**
*These appendages can also be used to embed themselves in an MDC target and ‘chew’, absorbing MDC at a rate of 5d6 MD per melee.
Whip 2d8 MD**
**Add +1d6 MD if the tentacle limbs are reinforced with MD debris/shrapnel
Cable 1d4 MD on a lash-strike
Snake Tendril 3d6 SDC on a lash-strike or up to 1d4 MD crush/squeeze
Body Block/Ram/’Tidal Wave’(2 attacks) 7d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Myxomyte an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Myxomytes are mercurial in their attitudes; rock-steady and patient one minute, quivering and agitated the next. When at ease they are constantly reshaping themselves in strange patterns that may or may not make any sense, twining around objects in their vicinity, feeling their way around, and changing shade and color. In combat they are spastic and frenetic, seemingly everywhere at once, and then nowhere to be seen, then on top of an opponent. Their mindset takes considerable getting used to, and those who choose the Warmount as their own must put up with their decidedly eccentric nature(not all rider candidates can deal with it, and over half wash out and select more conventional mounts)---those riders who do stick with the Myxomyte tend to be crazy and mercurial as the Myxomytes themselves.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Egad, but this one gave me fits from the very moment I saw 89er’s original idea description(‘how the HELL’ is anybody going to do that?’) ....but somehow I discovered I got it done...

*EcoS-K-91 Myxomyte---Polymorphic Warmount
(aka ‘ameboid’, ‘slyminator’, ‘megablob’, ‘goozilla’, ‘snot-monster’, ‘cthuloid’, ‘big blobster’, ‘gummi-puss’, ‘blackwash’, ‘sludgenator’)

DAMN! Definitely something the Nightmares would use.
taalismn
Priest

Here's the illo from my first concept sketch for the Myxomyte:

Oh, there are some questionable game mechanics at work in this, but I'm overall satisfied with the abomination....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Here's the illo from my first concept sketch for the Myxomyte:

Oh, there are some questionable game mechanics at work in this, but I'm overall satisfied with the abomination....

Looking good.

As for the mechanics.. the system is over 20 years old with not many new mechanics added officially.. a few fans adding some mechanics of their own to make something new work in their game is just to be expected. I don't think Palladium expected people like us to come up with stuff like this when it started :twisted:
taalismn
Priest

Qwll, I mean the Uparmoring encumberance based on MDC, not weight....but I was thinking of how difficult it would be to parse 'okay, part of Glitterboy chestplate and some pieces of NG Land Rover weigh X and have Z amount of MDC left....'
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Plot-hook for current campaign: arrogant bookworm takes off from Lazlo to find the origins of the Shemarr.

A proposal for full team status
(Re; Phoenix Force funding & support) by Dr. Agustus Frakenheimer: Lazlo Council of Learning. Janurary 17th PA 110.

Salutations fellow mels & fems of the council. I would like to open this proposal by stating that it is high time that a purely scientific research team be included among the cowboys and adrenliline junkies currently hired on by the thinly veild paramilitray orginization, Phoenix Force. Naturaly I nominate myself for the position of team-leader as I am a pre-emminent xeno-anthroplogist with a bachelor degree in metaphysics and cybernetics from the Lazlo AND Kingsdale accademies of the scholarly arts.

Now that is out of the way I wish to explain why it is so urgent that this council forward the motion to legitimize a new Phoenix Team; the Shemarrian Nation.

While, yes, we have had amicible dealings with the Shaemarian matriarchy & templars since PA 99, it is troublesome that nothing has been learned about their alternate-universe cousins the SHEmarrians. Though both the High-Matriarch of the Lightbringer Temple and various members of Phoenix Force Alpha & Beta vouch for the few members of the so-called Hawkmoon Tribe that have sought asylum here in Lazlo, one must wonder what it is they are hiding. The excuse given that it is a tribal matter and not for outsiders to know is insufficient. If they wish our assitance we should know more about why there seems to be a schism among their kind, and why they have such an abiding pathelogical hatred for the Sploogorthians & minions of Atlantis.

Also worrisome is that while the representatives from the Hawkmoon show marked life-force aura's (despite appearing to be cyberhumanoid or even bio-mechnaical), a vast majority of reports from other sources say that the Shemarrians encountered / observed had no such auras. I put before you a hypothesis, somehwat counter to that given by Phoenix Force team Alpha.

Team Alpha's Commander Rika Hanlah (who has been diagnosed in the past as having psychological issues) and the questionably ranked "Executive Officer", the exotic dancer Fionna Faraday, have stated on record that they believe that the Shemarrian tribes and nomads were enslaved by either the Sploogorth or a power simmilar to the masters of Atlantis. The theory posited is the Shemarrian "people" (and I use the term very loosely) had their so called "soul-sparks" suppressed and that somehow when they traveled to our beloved planet, the ley-line energies began to allow them to break free and / or the Shaemarian 'Lightbringer' goddess figure began to free them in small groups one at a time; starting with the Hawkmoon Tribe.

Pardon me for saying this, but Bilgewash!

The Shemarrians are just poor (albeit lethal) copies of the TRUE Shaemarian people (who are, when all is said and done flesh & blood that use robotic avatars for their warrior-nun caste), manufactured right here in North America. This would explain why none have been seen in any other continent or for that matter, across the dimensional veil in say, Woormwood or Phaseworld. We have never had opportunity to study any of their fallen because they either SELF DESTRUCT when damaged beyond fighting capacity, or their remains are "salvaged" from the field of battle.
As for the so-called soul-sparks? Simply energy state parasites simmilar to the Tectonic Entities described on page 222 of Tobin's Spirit Guide; causing interference and glitches in the A.I. coding.

My mandate, if given full Phoenix team support and status (which I strongly urge), will be to travel into the very heart of the Shemarrian nation and observe the 8 tribes and any non-affiliated nomad war-bands. My teams aim is to ultimately find the true source and origin of the Shemarrians and put paid once and for all the lie that they are sentient and deserving of rights, privelages and aid from our fair city. We have enough troubles with the rumours of Infernal and Daemon hordes appearing in numbers never before seen, the Xiticix and of course, the expansionism of the Coalition.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,
~Dr. (PhD, MD et-al) Agustus Frankenheimer.

Field Report #1. January 21, PA 110

After being deposited by Capt. Zarael of the Goode Ship Alexander close to the Northern Carolinas sector, myself, my grad students Pia, Cole and Jarred along with SIR L'Roi Jankynz traveled to Piedmont. Along the way we found many primitive human and humanoid D-Bee enclaves, including a non-hostile Simvan tribe. Our "Big-Boss" ATV (which holds our camping equipment, computers and lab) and Sir Jankynz robo-steed impressed these noble savages, though their control of such brutes as the Ankylosaur and Tri-tops like oxen had me with jaw on floor. When asked about the Shemarrians, the locals just became mumm. The only information we could garner was that the territory we were in belonged to the appropriately (though geographically incorrect) Horrorwoods tribe.
When pressed via a POLITE request by Sir Jankynz, one of the Mud-men fishing folk we encountered finally had a small nugget of extra knowledge. He (or she; I can never be bothered to take note of sex of non-humans unless they are on a disection table or in an anatomy book) had this to say;
"The trees and the birds and even the dinos; they are the eyes and ears of the Horrorwoods. They always watch and they know when trouble is coming."

[Comment redacted].

Field Report #2. January 23, PA 110
Location: South of Virginian border. =(Original text extracted from multiple file edits)=

The cheek! The utter arrogant GALL!. We were accosted by a vertible legion of zombies from the 'Dead-lands' to the south west (just on the edge of the Magic Zone). Pia was utterly useless and Cole likewise. Fortunately Jarred and Sir Jankynz stepped up to keep the filthy things at bay. I was making sure that our means of escape was ready to move should the need arose and was bravely manning the wheel of the ATV.
-Not enough silver ammunition.
-Stupid mangey wolf-man was stinggier than that talking winged lizard!
-The [comment redacted] had the [comment redacted] bloody cheek to tell us to turn back; that we were "useless and incapable of protecting ourseles in the wilds". They didn't even speak bloody Anglic, only that pidgeon tree-hugger babble.
-They broke Sir Jankynz arm! Hardly even broke a sweat and never once drew a weapon when he bravely sought to protect my, I mean 'our' honour.
-Pia had to use 15% of our available medical nano's to repair the break.
-We were "escorted" North and told never to return. The bloody [multiple comments redacted] looked like they meant it too. Cole, the useless spineless milk-sop had the audcity to question Sir Jankyz descions and corrected me...ME... on what I know is truth. Deluded fool says he "saw" an aura from the leader [redacted]. Cole is as head-blind as that [redacted] pointy eared [redacted] Narciss Du'Lacmore!

Field report #3. January 27, PA 110

Had to keep low profile. Apologies to my esteemed colleagues back home for not sending a courier drone; there was a heavy daemon presence close by and it took 4 days for us to manuver around the danger. We did get a good look at the "colours" of the host though. Looks like a suit of silver or grey armour on a black 'field'. I'm sure on eof the boffins at the mage-guild can find out what it means or who it belongs to. I wouldn't trust Xarl to be able to sniff his own [redacted] if he tac-welded his nose to it.
Curious.
A lot or 'mortals' among the demons. They don't look like typical slave stock either; in fact a number seemed to be armed to the teeth. Anyways; we skirted this annoyance. It seems fate is bound and determined to keep me from science'ing the [redacted] out of our Shemarrian puzzle.

Field report #4. January 30, PA 110
Location: West Virginia near the 'Eastern Wall' mountain range.

I will say one thing about the Shemarrains; when they fight they are truly awe inspiring. Don't let Sir Jankynz read this (he's still sore at losing to one of the [redacted]orwoods tribe warriors.
A full Sploogorthian slaver horde. Blind warriors & their TW-barge bound master, Kittani snake & centaur power armour troopers (and even flying batwinged versions); versus 8 warriors with those railgun lances of theirs, vibro-scythes and of course those loathsome but dangerous riding beasts (colloquialy known as 'Monst-rex's'). The battle was glorious... simply glorious. Although only two of the Shemarrians in the voodoo-styled livery (The Skullcrushers?) rode away on their badly wounded cyber-beast, there were NONE of the Sploogorthians or Kittani on the field. I think one or two of the fox-bat suits flew away (badly damaged) and the Slave-master barely got off a teleport spell (leaving his [redacted] behind to be killed most grusomely).

About the last point; it is said that the Shemarrians fight with resolve and will scream and yip (all good programming; the battle cries coming from various dubious quality flat-vids from before the cataclysm) while they fight. Yet they are supposed to be 'noble warriors'. There was nothing noble here; these skull-face-painted harridans, once they had neutralized the mobility of their foes? They began to take them apart... literally. They also seemed (or at least the war-mistress did) to derive joy from what they did to any opponents who were not killed outright in the first excahnge of fire or melee blows. I won't describe what they did.
Pia is still crying, poor child.

Field Report #5. February 2nd. PA 110

The ATV is broken, along with Sir Jankynz robotic nagg. We will continue on foot until we can reach a cave or other form of cover so we can deploy the enviro-tents from our NG-S2 packs. Bloody foolish on our part. We got too close to one of the skirmishes between two tribes.
The Skullcrushers lay claim on the territory of Virginia, but some of the others have been observed working in tandem.
-Warriors all in red-enameled armour with a standard of a bloody sword point down: dour lot... no smiling or even bickering amongst themselve sor other tribes.
-Wolf-pelted beast-mistresses; assume they are the Wolfspath?
-A few bands of un-affiliated nomads with their riding beasts.

All of them were hunting down a small group of the Hawkmoon warriors; their flying cyber-crane mounts were blown out of the sky.
-The red-warriors didn't show any joy in the persuit but they didn't show much emotion at all... we observed a very matter-of-fact execution of the hawk-warrior; decapitation followed by single shot to the center-chest. The Shemarrian instantly falsh-burned into slag and what looked like green bio-plastic. Her screams were real though. I still shiver when I recall them.
-The Wolfspath(?) played with their target; it almost seemed a game. Nearly 20 hours straight of cat (or flightless bird in this case) & wolf;4 wolf warriors vs. one hawk. It was almost an even match. When they caught the Hawkmoon tribeswoman, they beat her severely but then let her go, albeit with most of her armour stripped and metalic endoskellton showing through torn flesh on half her face. We would have tried to intercept her to learn more of the bizzare "game" but Jerred voiced caution. Jankynz has grown tiresome with his constant yammering about "glorious battle". Sounds just like that psychologicaly damaged Dane, Teufel.

-When we lost our ATV was when we saw exactly the reason the Hawkmoon emmisarries called out to Lazlo for aid. Two of them on foot, back to back against four of the mounted Skullcrushers. One of the death-lovers was titanic, nearly 15ft. tall and covered head to toe in leaf-like throwing blades. A veritable goddess of war! She said "things" to the two Hawkmoon. That voice; it haunts me still... it was like an echo of hate and rage from the deepest abyss. That wasn't the worst though. I saw...SAW IT! It was like a double exposure; the metal clad giant amazon beneath a haze of black & purple shaped into an inhuman form. When the black lightning struck the two warriors all our electronics that were on fried... Jankynz lost his cyber-eye; it just popped like a fuse. When we got our faculties and attention back on what was happening, the Skullcrushers were riding away from two piles of blackend slagg. The trees close to the blast point weren't burnt; they lookd... husked. As if all life had been blasted from them and they just collapsed in on themselves.
I said the Skullcrushers rode away.
All but the giant.
She sat on her warbeast and stared right at me. THROUGH me. I'll try and repeat what she aid; hopefully whoever reads this will be able to translate:

"Mad dra cbyfh uv Nei yht ehranedun uv Elshyaen c cuim ghuf dryd fa fyed vun dras. Drao femm hajan bnajyem yht fa crymm dyga uin jahkahla ibuh ymm drao lymm ymmo yht rumt tayn.
Fa meja.
Fa knuf."

Then she left. Hopefully this drone will get back to Lazlo and they'll send help for us. I was wrong. So very very wrong.
Pia, Jerrad, Cole... forgive me.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:Plot-hook for current campaign: arrogant bookworm takes off from Lazlo to find the origins of the Shemarr.

DAMMUM!!! Nice stuff!
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Plot-hook for current campaign: arrogant bookworm takes off from Lazlo to find the origins of the Shemarr..

Wow...just wow.... 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:And here's another depiction of the Myxomyte: http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img705%20copy_zpse8lcbz1i.jpg

Oh yeah, that pic definitely shows what one can do. Ooh.. You seen the latest hunger games movie? The black oil.. This makes me think of that only evolved!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:And here's another depiction of the Myxomyte: http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img705%20copy_zpse8lcbz1i.jpg

Oh yeah, that pic definitely shows what one can do. Ooh.. You seen the latest hunger games movie? The black oil.. This makes me think of that only evolved!

Shemarrian Shoggoth. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:And the Trigadar gets its quick-illo: http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img698_zpsupnuuurl.jpg

Nice!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Update on campaign
* Final drone found; Blair Witch style recording of the Doc found of damaged data-core. No sign of the Doc (though part of a garbled vid recording at end, he says "...took leg off below knee. have used up last of med supplies to keep from bleeding out."
* While on recon 15 miles out from rest of team; one of the PA pilots discovers an old abandoned factory (foundry or steel-mill; hard to say). She got creeped out by the windows.
* Back at camp; 3 stumbling figures (one dressed in Parka, another in broken 'Crusader' armour and last in full-length winter coat with beaver collar) open fire on the vehicles and individuals of the rescue team.
* When the attackers are revealed through battle damage, they are skelletons covered in polished steel over the bones. No magic signature but no motors or power either.
* After defeat of Skelletons; sesmic / acousitic sensors detect the sound of...drills. Up from the ground erupt a dozen segmented, metalic "snakes" with mini off-shore drill bits for heads.
(End scene)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-97 Conasaur---Heavy Artillery Warmount
(aka ‘cannon-beast’, ‘gun-shell’, ‘mountain remover’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img690_zpsco17i6wm.jpg

“’What slaves have we harvested’? Milord, we have harvested NO slaves from this operation. Why? Because there is nobody LEFT to harvest them! Three whole landing waves have I sent against this supposedly ‘soft’ target your informants sold to you, and NONE of their number have survived landfall! Each and every one of my landing force commanders told the same story of coming under heavy fire from the surface before they dropped off the commnet. Every attempt to locate and surpress the source of that fire has ended in failure and the loss of our attack forces. I can strip the fleet bare and mount a FOURTH wave to attempt to push to the surface and establish a foothold, but by now the slave stock we anticipated surprising have doubtlessly scattered to the wilds and shelter, and whatever resistance forces protecting them have re-deployed. Even if we survive that, I cannot assure you we will have the reserves left to fend off any other trouble we may encounter in this expedition! You have been cheated by your informants, milord! Their information was grossly in error! If you want slaves, then start with those informants!”

*“We’ll take cover from the Shemarrians behind this hill-”*
#BLAM#
*“We’ll take cover behind those mountains over there! Hills seem to have a habit of disappearing around here! HAUL ASS!”*
**”Heads up! Hill coming back down!”**

“’There’s no glory in being an artillerist’ you say? You have, I take it, not served the guns during a planetary invasion, waiting for targets to come within range while ever vigilant against enemy attack from low quarters, mindful that YOU are one of the first targets an enemy seeks to destroy, and ever conscious that the inhabitants of the planet you guard rely on YOU to keep them safe! When the counterbattery orbital bombardment starts coming in, and you struggle to both survive and strike back, you will realize that glory is not in the quick and easy kill, but in the resistance and perseverance it takes to survive, and then to smite the enemy when he thinks you cannot offer any resistance.”

Observers don’t know if this unusual, even for the Shemarrians, construct is rightly a Warmount or a mobile gun platform. The first appeared in the forces of the DarkWaters Tribe, perhaps inspired and informed by that Tribe’s experiences with the slow-moving and gun-heavy EcoS-K-63 KillWar already used by them.
The Conasaur seems based on a venomous cone-snail. Instead of being carried on a rippling belly-foot, the Conasaur instead is carried by a rippling ‘mat’ of multiple tentacles. The Conasaur isn’t terribly fast moving via this mode of transportation, but arguably it doesn’t have to, since it can blast just about any opposition off the road or out of line of sight.
The massive cone shell is really the housing for a capital-class starship weapon. On paper, thanks to this massive piece of ordnance, the Conasaur outguns just about any other Warmount thus far seen, but the weapon mounting is such that it cannot engage in close combat with its heaviest weapon. Against distant targets, however, the Conasaur is a deadly adversary, able to bombard over the horizon and engage high-altitude aircraft and even low-orbit spacecraft.
Almost as an afterthought, the head of the ‘snail’ is an offset armored command pod on the end of an extensible ‘neck’.
The Conasaur cannot withdraw itself inside its shell when stationary, although it can extend an armored skirt to protect the tentacle-mantle, and the command pod can slide into a niche in the underside of the shell, when assuming a ‘hull down’ position.
The Conasaur also incorporates integrated shield technology, with both a standard heavy gravitic forcefield and various particle scattering fields, although these are not used when the warmount is laying ‘quiet’(the active fields are too easily detected by energy sensors) or are deployed at full power when the main armament is being used(due to the power drain of both systems). Still, these systems add immeasurably to the survival of the Warmount, especially when it comes under counterbattery fire.
Conasaurs are typically deployed as defensive artillery, protecting Shemarrian planetary enclaves, but they have also been used as siege engines, brought into a secured combat zone to reduce entrenched enemy positions to non-opposition state. They are among those Warmounts that are more likely NOT to be Awakened with an Ecotroz Essence as their specific function is little improved by the essence-fragment.
Besides their slow speed and high profile, the other major shortcoming of the Conasaur is lack of sufficiently ranged sensors to make the most of their heavy weaponry. Conasaurs rely on other sources to provide them with advanced early warning and targeting data(especially when setting up high altitude shots), though this often works in their advantage, as their passive mode means fewer emissions to give away their positions. Multiple Conasaurs can also link themselves via directional laser communications, or even less conspicuous land-lines, allowing batteries of the cannon-beasts to coordinate their fire. Conasaurs are also typically escorted by security contingents of other warmounts, that provide technical support, security, communications, and movement assistance.
The Conasaur first appeared in the ranks of the DarkWaters, protecting their asteroid and moon facilities, but it has since appeared in large numbers with the Horrorwoods, since they have many more planetary enclaves to protect. The Horrorwoods are especially known for hiding mobile batteries of this type in coastal and deep inland waters, to surprise opponents who think to avoid early detection by coming in over oceans to attack. The Wayfinders have also acquired a few to experiment with as magic weapon and weather-modification platforms. Both the Silvermoons and Clan Armarand also expressed an interest in the type, to shore up their own planetary defenses. Despite its great firepower and heavy armor, the Conasaur is not popular with most Shemarrian crews, who favor more mobile and versatile warmounts, or those with more spirited personalities, so Tribes like the Skullcrushers, who would otherwise love to have such a heavy artillery unit, have demurred to seek to acquire it (instead seeking types like the KillWar. The Conasaur is thus typically found with second-echelon troops, garrison units, and NeShemar formations, or more group-oriented Tribes like the DarkWaters and Armarands.

Type: EcoS-K-97 Conasaur
Class: Robotic Warmount, Heavy Artillery
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 2 passengers/gunners/engineers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 1,500
Head/Command Pod 300
Spine-Spikes (10) 90 each
Point Defense Clusters (7) 80 each
Sensory Spikes(8) 80 each
Leg-Tentacles(40) 40 each(1,600 for the total mantle-foot)
Extendable Armored Skirt 900
Forcefield 1,500
Height: Main Shell is 38 ft in diameter, 46 ft poised atop the mantle-foot
Width: Main Shell is 38 ft in diameter, mantle foot is 45 ft wide
Length: 65 ft
Weight: 220 tons
Cargo: Small space inside the cockpit pod for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 60
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running/Slithering) 30 MPH
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Can slowly maneuver at about 25 MPH
(Underwater) Can crawl along the bottom at 15 MPH. Maximum depth tolerance of 3 miles.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Conasaurs have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 200 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Land-line Links---The mantle has several large cyberports that can be fitted with reels of fiber-optic link cable(up to five miles’ worth), allowing for hardlinks between Conasaurs in battery, and/or command posts. A single Conasaur can link up to eight other warmounts in this manner.

*Passive Stealth---The Conasaur’s shell is ‘slippery’ to radar and other long range sensors. It has only a 15% chance of showing up on radar and sonar.

*Camouflage Covering ----The Conasaur’s shell is also covered in a special mimetic skin that allows it to change to match its surroundings within 1d4 melees. This gives it a -15% to be detected visually by observers.

*Hardened Circuits---All Shemarrian hardware is shielded against EMP and electrical disruption attacks, but the Conasaur mounts extra-redundant shielding and insulation, insuring that the cannon-beast cannot be neutralized by anything as simple as an EMP burst.

*Forcefield Generator---Standard single plane heavy forcefield; 1,500 MDC

*Magnetic Shield---Particle beams do HALF damage against this, and ordinary missiles have a 35% chance of being deflected.

Weapons Systems:
1) Heavy Cannon(1)----The mounting of this weapon is such that it cannot effectively engage ground targets at close range(less than 600 ft) as it cannot be brought to bear at an angle low enough.
a) Grav Cannon
Range: (Palladium) 10 miles in atmosphere, 40 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 40 miles in atmosphere/ 40,000 miles in space)
Damage: 1d4x100 MD per 80 rd burst, 2d4x100 MD double cannon burst,
Payload: 32,000 rds(400 bursts). If provided with enough raw materials(such as a convenient scrap yard or open pit heavy metal mine) the Conasaur can manufacture its own grav-cannon slugs

b) Massdriver Cannon
Range: 25 miles in atmosphere, 70 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 70 miles in atmosphere, 70,000 miles in space)
Damage:(Kinetic Penetrator) 3d6x100 MD to 15 ft radius
(Multi-Munition Fragmentor) 3d6x10 MD to 300 ft radius
(Heavy Plasma) 2d6x100 MD to 150 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Three times per melee
Payload: 100 shells

c) Laser Cannon
Range: 7 miles in atmosphere, 14 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 14 miles in atmosphere, 14,000 miles in space)
Damage: 4d6x100 per blast
Rate of Fire: 4 times per melee

d) Ion Cannon---(ionization rules courtesy of Henning Rogge)
Range: (Palladium) 4 miles in atmosphere, 12 miles in space
(Kitsune Values) 12 miles in atmosphere, 12,000 miles in space
Damage: 1d4x100 MD per blast,
In addition to physical damage, the cannon does EM damage. Percentage of EM damage is determined in relation to target’s main body((damage/main body)x100=percentage). For every 10% of damage from main body in ion damage, target will be -1 to strike, parry. and dodge. In space target acceleration will be reduced by 15%, in atmosphere top speed will be reduced by 15%. Roll once on critical hit charts in Phazeworld or Conversion Book as appropriate.
If target takes 60% of main body in ion damage, ship or vehicle will be disabled completely. All weapon, navigation, and other systems will shut down and need to be repaired/replaced to work again/reboot.
Does NO damage against non-mechanical/electronic targets.
The ion cannon is equally effective against bionics.
Rate of Fire: Five times per melee

e) Plasma Cannon
Range: 6 miles in atmosphere, 12 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 12 miles in atmosphere, 120,000 miles in space)
Damage: 1d6x100 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: 4 times per melee

f) Heavy Plasma Torpedo Launcher
Range: 20 miles in atmosphere, 200 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 200 miles in atmosphere, 200,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d4x100 MD per blast to 120 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-3 torpedoes, twice per melee

g) Particle Beam Cannon
Damage: 4d4x100 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: 3 shots per melee

h) Tachyon Cannon
Range: 5 miles (2,500 m) in atmosphere, 10 miles (10,000 m) in space w/ 6 mile wide arc*
(Kitsune Values: 5 miles in atmosphere, 5,000 miles in space)
*Width are reduced to 1/4th in atmosphere
Damage: 1d6x100 MD per blast

i) Neutron Cannon---Copied from Splugorth/Kittani weaponry. Though rarely fitted due to their low range and damage, the weapons have proven amazingly effective against the Necrons with their biological ships.
Range: 5 miles in atmosphere, 10 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 10 miles in atmosphere, 10,000 miles in space)
Damage: 5d6x10 MD per blast
Does DOUBLE damage to organic targets

j) Disruptor Cannon---Copied from Golgan weaponry.
Range: 5 miles in atmosphere, 14 miles in space
Damage: 2d4x100 MD per blast, and does 25% of this damage to a 30 ft radius around the point of impact

k) Slicer Cannon---Copied from Splugorth/Kittani weaponry.
Damage: 3d4x100 MD per blast, and does critical (double) damage on a Natural 19-20 to strike.

l) Missiles----It’s rare, but occasionally a Conasaur will be fitted with missiles instead of direct-fire cannon. If outfitted as a missile carrier, the Conasaur can carry 500 mini-missiles OR 250 Short Range Missiles, OR 125 Medium Range Missiles OR 50 Long Range Missiles OR 30 Cruiser Missiles.

2) Point Defense Clusters(7)---Defending the flanks of the Conasaur are seven small turrets, each holding a pulse laser and a light, rapid-fire rail gun. These can be directly operated by the passenger/gunners, or each can be directed by its own sub-brain subroutines.
Range:(Laser) 3,000 ft
(Rail Gun) 4,000 ft
Damage:(Laser) 1d6x10+4 MD per burst
(Rail Gun)1d4 MD single rd, 4d6 MD per 20 rd burst.
Rate of Fire:(Laser) EGCHH
(Rail Gun) EGCHH
Under automated point defense, each turret has 5 attacks per melee and +2 to strike
Payload: (Laser) Effectively Unlimited
(Rail Gun) 4,000 rd drum per cannon

3) Impaler Spikes(10) ----Adapted from the back spines on the original Monstrex(yet another holdover from Shemarrian ‘antiquity’). These appendages also assist in stabilizing the cannon-beast on rough terrain.
Damage: 2d8 MD

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Has the basic Monstrex programming.
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Conasaur intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +1
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +3
Bite 1d6 MD(small mouth, meant mainly for taking in repair/maintenance materials)
Spike/Spine Stab 2d8 MD
Leg-Tentacle Crush/Squeeze 1d8 MD
Trample/Overrun 1d6x10 MD

Note: If Awakened, the Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Conasaur an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Conasaurs don’t have much personality, compared to smaller, faster, predatory warmount types, but they can display endless patience when waiting for a target to wander within range and a ruthless ferocity when engaged in combat.
If not Awakened, the Conasaur is pretty much decidedly animated, but personality-less, piece of hardware.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks). The size and speed of the Conasaur means, however, that even an Awakened Conasaur rarely has the opportunity to exercise this power.

Options:
*Alternative Main Cannons----The DarkWaters and other tribes are working on developing other main weapon types; the installation in the heavily-armored shell ‘pod’ makes swapping new weapons types in easier. Research efforts have included multi-barrel/type weapons of various kinds.

*Countermeasure Launchers(2-4)----These large flare/chaff launchers can be mounted on the mantle, between the tentacle legs and the shell.
Range: 6,000 ft, creates a 30 ft cloud, +10 ft per each additional chaff/flare launched in the volley. Cloud lasts 2 melees before dissipating(or less in a very strong wind).
Damage: None
(Triax Style)
01-50 Enemy Missile or volley detonates in chaff and threat is neutralized
51-75 Missile/Volley diverts and may pursue/lock on to other targets
76-00 No Effect! Missile(s) still on target!
Will also temporarily blind and impede flying monsters who fly into it.
Reduce APMs/combat bonuses/ speed by half for 1d4 melees
(Northern Gun Style)
10% chance per chaff cloud deployed of decoying missiles, up to maximum of 60%
Aircraft, power armor, and beings flying through the chaff will be -6 on perception, -3 on initiative, -5 to strike, -2 to parry, -2 dodge, and lose 1 melee attack that round(or the next). Sensory and Piloting rolls are at -20% for as long as the characters are caught in the cloud, and the next as they recover.
Payload: 60 shot launcher array

Variants:
*EcoS-K-97Ut---Utility version of the Conasaur; this is just the motive mantle and command pod with an open/empty pedestal mount for carrying up to 130 tons of cargo/equipment. The point defense turrets may be retained. The EcoS-K-97Ut is used as a ‘prime mover’ for carrying payloads such as cargo pods, housing modules, large sensory arrays(in fact, EcoS-K-97Uts carrying long range sensors often are attached to Conasaur batteries), and construction gear. The EcoS-K-97Ut, unloaded, is slightly faster at 38 MPH than its gun-heavy kin.

*EcoS-K-97Wf---Wayfinder variant, heavily modified to use TW systems. The Wayfinders haven’t been very forthcoming on exactly what they’re mounting in their experimental testbeds, but the installation of one or more ‘Sorcerer’ class PPE powerstone matrices--- 600 PPE battery capacity; recharges at 20 PPE per hour, 60 PPE/hour at a leyline, 120 PPE/hour on a nexus---seems likely, as well as multiple high-level spell boosters. Protective spells likely include high-end(level 10 and up) Protective Energy Fields, Cloaking Systems, and possibly TW Float Systems to improve survival and mobility.
The main weapon configuration has been hinted to be anything from a ‘shotgun’ blast of multiple Annihilate spells, Void spells, Elemental spells like Summon Storm, Tornado, Hurricane, or, for space-based Conasaurs, Summon Ion Storm, Summon Meteor Shower, Asteroid Strike, or Summon Comet.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Looking nice.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

Looking nice.

What it can't overtake, it can blow off the planet. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Update: Gunkyard will now be the first instant warmount that you wear. Imagine a snuggie that is made of nanite impregnated recycled trash.

Pros:
-Easily created with sufficient materials
-Multiple Gunkyards can combine into one mass.
-Low targeting profiile
Cons:
-Very much disposable
-No real armor or weapons
-Creation canister is fragile.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Update: Gunkyard will now be the first instant warmount that you wear. Imagine a snuggie that is made of nanite impregnated recycled trash.

Pros:
-Easily created with sufficient materials
-Multiple Gunkyards can combine into one mass.
-Low targeting profiile
Cons:
-Very much disposable
-No real armor or weapons
-Creation canister is fragile.

Looking forward to this...I was originally thinking it was going to be like the Malvorans or the flying spaghetti monster, but.....
And your remark about the other being based on tire art sculpture also intrigues. We have a scrap metal artist in town who makes dinosaurs out of metal scrap...he made a giant mosquito I used as the basis of a hovecycle design. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

NekoMeki NeShemar---The ‘Shemarrian Cat-Girl’
(aka ‘Cyberpurr’, ‘Nukunata’ )
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/nekomeka_zpsauawoc9k.jpg

“Hello, you monsters, hiding behind the fascade of respectable corporate presence. I doubt you would remember me, but I remember you well and I know you for what you really are. I remember when you came to my town with the promise of prosperity for all, and special honors for a specific few. I remember your genetic experiments that destroyed my family, my friends, and my body. I remember your tests that destroyed my town. You know all about that, even as you destroyed it all so others wouldn’t know what you were really up to.
What you DON’T know is that there were survivors. People, or what was left of them, who were saved by Others you also didn’t know about, and pulled them to a Place you couldn’t know about either. They attempted to undo what you did to us. They couldn’t remake us into what we were, but they made us over into somethings rather more human than what you made us into. ‘Rather more human’ but not entirely human. Like me. I always liked cats, and they made me into one. They also gave me opportunities, including an opportunity to seek justice.
That’s why I’m back. I know you’ve moved on with your plans. You’ve moved on to other opportunities, destroyed other lives, ruined other beautiful places, all to advance your secret agendas, smug in your confidence that you’ve disposed of all the evidence, hidden all traces of what you really are. But I’m going to find that evidence, I’m going to find your weaknesses, because you’re hiding them and that tells me you’re still vulnerable, still afraid of what the world will do to you if they find out. I’m going to hunt you day and night, through the back alleys and across the rooftops. I’m going to find where you’re vulnerable, I’m going to lay you open with a swipe of my claws, I’m going to play with you before I finally pounce and then I’m going to drag what’s left of you to the world’s doorstep so they can gawp in disgust at seeing you for what you really are. See me smile? Not yet, but you will, just before I sink my teeth into your throats.
Ready for round two?”

“How can sunlight feel so GOOD on artificial skin?! Must...resist...sunbeam...attack.....puuurrrrrrrrrrrrr......”
---A recent NekoMeki conversion adapts to her new existence

NekoMeki are Clan Pantheron NeShemar cyborg conversions. Externally, NekoMeki resemble any of a number of ‘catgirl’ phenotypes found throughout the Megaverse. In fact, they’re on the low end of the appearance spectrum in that they can easily pass for normal humans (and cosplayers with their neko features displayed).
Internally, the NekoMeki is a cyberhumanoid cyborg of advanced design. Even internally, the NekoMeki would be found to be largely unremarkable in those high tech societies where cyberhumanoid cyborgs are possible, and only an adept eye and thorough scrutiny will reveal those systems uniquely Shemarrian. NekoMeki tend to be slightly more flexible and MUCH more agile than baseline cyberhumanoid cyborg types, due to the more advanced production technology utilized by the EShemar. Among other changes are more compact systemry, and a substantially more flexible artificial musculature and skeleton that allows, among other things, the NekoMeki to smoothly run on all fours and disjoint their arms and legs for wiggling out of restraints and through narrow openings. NekoMeki are also insanely fast and agile when it comes to responses and reflexes, and even surprise full-AI Shemarrians(or course, as one Wayfinder put it, ‘Being able to instantly leap fifteen feet in the air doesn’t help you much if you have an eight foot ceiling over you”). They need that agility; being lightly built, NekoMeki can’t punch and kick like the heavier cyborgs and gynoids, and so avoiding grappling with the more powerful beings is not a wise idea.
Because of their normal human appearance, and often because of their origins, NekoMeki are frequently used by Clan Pantheron to interface with or infiltrate human(oid) societies. Since many NekoMeki conversions are disparaged as ‘fangirls’ or ‘cosplayers’, even the discovery of their catlike features, which can be proven to be artificial, gets them dismissed as cosmetic frauds or really devout cosplayers. This ‘open disguise’ gets the NekoMeki in good with other stealth types such as the fully EShemar Yurei Elite.
NekoMeki are found mainly with Clan Pantheron, but they have also begun appearing with the Horrorwoods(hardly surprising, given that the Horrorwoods are Clan Pantheron’s mother-Tribe) and Clan Shinden. The Ghostriders also have evinced an interest in them, given their computer-hacking abilities.

Type: Clan Pantheron NekoMeki
Class: Full conversion Borg, Cyberhumanoid
Crew: One volunteer
Minimal Requirements: None, though the Pantherons prefer to convert those with an IQ of at least 12 and a high MA and ME.
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 40 each
Arms(2) 70 each
Legs(2) 80 each
Prehensile Tail 30
*Head 90
**Main Body 200
*Destroying the head of a Cyborg will kill the character!
However, the head is a small and difficult target to hit. The attacker
must make a called shot and even then he is -3 to strike. The hands, and
forearms are also difficult targets to hit and are -4 to strike on a
called shot.
**Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will effectively
destroy the artificial body, but emergency systems will keep the brain and
vital organs alive for 36 hours. Recovery of the severely damaged body
will enable doctors to place the character on life support systems that
will keep him alive until a new bionic body (same style or other) is
available, for full conversion. Failure to find the damaged Borg within 36
hours means the character dies.

Note: The NekoMeki can be fitted with any additional armor up to MEDIUM Cyborg Armor, but most prefer, if they must wear body armor, lightweight stealth types like skinsuits, blurr-suits, or Naruni-style thermal-kinetic armor.

Speed:
Running: 90 mph max on two legs, 115 MPH scooting on all fours. However , the act of running does not tire the cyborg out and the maximum speed can be maintained indefinitely.
Jumping: The powerful robotic legs are strong and capable of leaping 15 feet high or 30 ft lengthwise. A running leap adds 50% to distance/height.
Flying: Not possible without a jet pack
Underwater: Can swim at P.S. x3 in yards/meters per melee( 8 MPH), and can maintain this roughly indefinitely.

Statistical Data:
Average Size: Meant to fall within human norms; typically 5-6 ft tall and proportional to that.
Weight: 160-300 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to PS. 20, PP. 24, PB. typically falls in the 12-18 range(Most NekoMeki elect to max out in the ‘adorably cute’ or ‘drop dead gorgeous’ category).
Bonuses: Standard cyborg bonuses of +3 save vs magic, +7 vs possession, +1 save vs all psionic attacks,+1 save vs magic illusions and mind control, impervious to Bio-Manipulation, Telemechanics(all), See Aura, and any attacks that do damage directly to Hit Points.
+1 APM
+7 initiative
+5 strike/
+7 parry
+8 dodge
+5 Pull Punch
+2 Roll
+1 Disarm
Automatically gets W.P. Paired Weapons

Special Skills/Training---Use standard 'Borg, or Hacker. Many NekoMeki take up gymnastics, acrobatics, and free running as hobbies.
Black Market Cost: Exclusive to the EShemarrians

Standard Bionic Features
Note: These features are all found in the bionic and
cybernetic section of the Rifts RPG.
1. Bionic lung with gas filter & storage cell
2. Built-in language translator
3. Built-in radio receiver & transmitter
4. Clock calendar
5. Gyro-compass
6. Modulated voice synthesizer
7. Multi-optic eyes
8. Built-in loudspeaker
9. Universal headjack with amplified hearing and sound filtration systems.

Special Features:
*Retractable Cat Ears. w/ Amplified Hearing(+3 initiative, +1 parry, +2 dodge), Ultra-Ear, and Radio Bandit’s/Broadband Ear.

*Reconfigurable Eyes---This simply changes the shape of the irises between normal human and catlike(most NekoMeki prefer the latter when in the company of other EShemar/NeShemar).

*Sensor Spoofers---These are special stealth features incorporated into the faux flesh of the NekoMeki that prevent weapons and medical scanners from detecting the cyborg nature of the person. Only a thorough, and invasive, medical examination will reveal anything untoward about the person.

* Ambidexterity Boost--- If the character doesn’t already possess the Ambidexterity advantage, neural interface boosting gives the cyborg the ability to use both their hands with equal proficiency. +1 APM, +1 parry, and automatically gets W.P. Paired Weapons(reflected in Bonus stats).

*Boosted Combat Reflexes---Adapted from studies of Triax cyborgs, this is a coprocessor that boosts the NekoMeki’s reflexes: +1 initiative, +1 Dodge, +2 Roll, +2 Pull Punch, +1 Disarm.

*Skin Sensors---The NekoMekis’ psuedo-flesh is permeated by small pressure sensors that give the cyborg extra warning and tactile perception; +1 to dodge. It will also alert the cyborg if a targeting laser is locking on. It is most effective when less than 50% of the cyborg’s body is covered by heavy clothing or armor.

*Psionic Electro-Magnetic Dampers---+1 save vs all psionic attacks, +2 save vs possession, +1 save vs magic illusions and mind control.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted for NeShemar. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 60 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Molecular Analyzer---NekoMeki have excellent senses of smell, good for sniffing out approaching attackers in darkness, or trailing prey. Track by smell alone: 80%. Recognize scent: 84%.

*Sensory Whiskers---Hidden in sheaths in the cheeks. These are typically only unsheathed when maintaining cover isn’t an issue(like when fighting in the darkness). When deployed, penalties for fighting blind are HALVED, and +1 to dodge.

*Double-Jointing---The flexible structure and jointing of the cyborgs makes them extraordinarily limber, allowing them to escape grappling holds and slip restraints. They can also squeeze through fairly narrow alleyways and openings. +15% to Escape Artist skill.

*Tempest Computer Hacking System(modified from the Ninjas and Superspies systems)--- This system, integrated into the NekoMeki’s skin, gives them the ability to read computer displays (cathode or plasma screen) from as far away as 500 ft without having to hardlink to the computer. The system also includes an adaptable wireless modem that can be adjusted to use the EM frequencies of just about any wireless device in the Three Galaxies and read their signals(though interpreting them takes other skills). This means that even though a NekoMeki may seem to be flirting with office workers, they can really be reading the digital codes being input onto an electronic lock on the other side of the room.

*Hacking Computer----Cats seem to LOVE computers, and NekoMeki are no exception. Thus they have been fitted with an internal hacking computer. +20% to Hacking skill, +10% to Computer Programming, Artificial Intelligence, and Research skills.

*Molecular Adhesion Pads---Special sections of the skin on the hands and feet allow for sticking to various surfaces. Besides allowing the cyborg to climb like a gecko, the pads allow for extra-adroit ‘sticky fingers’ for those self-professed ‘cat burglars’.

Weapons Systems:
1) Vibroclaws---NekoMeki have retractable cat-claws on their hands and feet. These are often silver-plated for greater effectiveness against supernatural opponents.
Damage: 1d4 +P.S. bonus on SDC, 1d4 MD per finger/toe for vibroblades
Bonus: +5% to climb, as the claws can also act as climbing aides

2) Prehensile Tail---Besides featuring a cyberjack in the end, the tail also conceals a vibro-stilleto.
Damage: 1d4 MD

3) Eye Lasers(2)---Improved version of the open market bionic model, though not as powerful as the larger robotic/Harpy version.
Range: 250 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD for one eye, 2d6 MD for both eyes firing simultaneously
Bonus: +1 to strike

4) Chemical Sprayer System----The cyborg can snort a jet of chemical agent from the mouth or nostrils, or can slowly exude a slower-acting, and more subtle, chemical effect from micropores in the skin. NekoMeki typically use this system to smell more natural or to distribute tailored pheromone sprays to influence organic beings, typically with a sexual ‘come-on’ or territorial ‘back off’, though they sometimes use more blatant chemical weaponry such as tear gas derivatives.
Range:(Spray) 50 ft, covers a 10 ft area
(Skin Mist) Typically 5-10 ft around the gynoid, depending on local air conditions
Damage: Varies by chemical used. Irritant gases are the most common.
Payload: 50 doses of up to 5 different chemicals

Hand to Hand Combat
Restrained Punch 1d6+9 SDC
Full Strength Punch 3d6+9 SDC
Power Punch( 2 attacks) 1d4 MD
Vibroclaws 1d4 MD per finger(5d4 MD for a full hand/foot strike, 6d4 MD for a power punch)
Kick 3d6+9 SDC
Leap Kick(2 Attacks) 1d6 MD
Judo-Style Throw/Flip 2d6 SDC
Body Block/Ram: (2 attacks) 1d6 MD

Options:
The NekoMeki can be fitted with any of the standard cybernetic and bionic features in the Rifts books. Favorite options include fitting the 'borg with additional concealed weaponry or extra sensors (such as EM detectors) and disguise features. Unless the cyborg is a non-human, extra limbs are rarely ever added.

*Kitty-Whip---Polite name for a braided monomolecular cable whip, either handheld with a reel/hilt, or concealed inside a forearm or tail implant. In ‘safe’ mode, the blunted cable simply provides a stinging slap, in open-braided configuration it slices through steel. A truly adept ‘whipper’ can string the whip-line in a lethal ‘cat’s cradle’ that will dice anybody foolhardy enough to run into it.
Range: Melee(12 ft range)
Damage: 1d6 MD
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:NekoMeki NeShemar---The ‘Shemarrian Cat-Girl’

Nice addition
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

Nice addition

Hey, cats are cool, even if they'll have nothing to do with me. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Nice addition

Yes, they can be, and also down right nasty at times.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[

Knew some Maine Coons; they're fabulous characters, as long as they don't hunt my other neighbors(I maintain a rotating population of chipmunks feeding off my front steps, along with the occasional raccoon, skunk, and several generations of robins, sparrows, and chickadees---the latter who I am convinced constantly watch our front door and raise the word that fresh seed and water has been set out for them---they're like hearth elves in that respect).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

Knew some Maine Coons; they're fabulous characters, as long as they don't hunt my other neighbors(I maintain a rotating population of chipmunks feeding off my front steps, along with the occasional raccoon, skunk, and several generations of robins, sparrows, and chickadees---the latter who I am convinced constantly watch our front door and raise the word that fresh seed and water has been set out for them---they're like hearth elves in that respect).

There's a cat that's always around my place that I have called Fluffy because.. well.. he's fluffy... plus all the skunks that I seem to get within 3 feet of before they notice me and I notice. Haven't been sprayed yet luckily.

Speaking of Clan Pantheron.. would they have replaced Shemarrian Wolves with giant cats that are essentially the same stat wise, or would they be different? (Probably faster, lighter MDC, better jumping/climbing?)
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

There's a cat that's always around my place that I have called Fluffy because.. well.. he's fluffy... plus all the skunks that I seem to get within 3 feet of before they notice me and I notice. Haven't been sprayed yet luckily.

Speaking of Clan Pantheron.. would they have replaced Shemarrian Wolves with giant cats that are essentially the same stat wise, or would they be different? (Probably faster, lighter MDC, better jumping/climbing?)

The former most likely...but they're beginning to tweak the design-template for variants based on big cats(terrestrial and d-bee) like the Saber-toothed Tiger/Smiledon.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Nice addition

Do any look like these 'Kitties'?
One
Two of them

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

Okay, REAL nastiness is if the Pantherons started applying TW to their melee weapons....Like my favorite-to-abuse Spinning Blades...hang the expense, install a TW powerplant, enchant all the finger-claw/blades on a hand/paw with Spinning Blades, link them so you can trigger all the spells at once, and with a high enough level starting spell...can you say 'mystic meatgrinder'? With a ranged attack?
We're talking neko-ken levels of destruction here...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Okay, REAL nastiness is if the Pantherons started applying TW to their melee weapons....Like my favorite-to-abuse Spinning Blades...hang the expense, install a TW powerplant, enchant all the finger-claw/blades on a hand/paw with Spinning Blades, link them so you can trigger all the spells at once, and with a high enough level starting spell...can you say 'mystic meatgrinder'? With a ranged attack?
We're talking neko-ken levels of destruction here...

I think beyond that.. but I think finger-claw/blades are considered a set and you can't enchant each individual one.. if you could.. well.. damn that's expensive and uber munchkinness of death dealing goodness!
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:[Yes, they can be, and also down right nasty at times.

Do any look like these 'Kitties'?
One
Two of them[/quote]

Those would be overt, over the top, Clan Pantherons(Furry Level 5 as opposed to a catgirl Level 2-4).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Something a little...maternal....

Lost Eclipse Innannan Elite
(‘Nano-nannies’, ‘Vahallators’, ‘Momma-Metals’)

“’Get in my belly’ certainly has a new meaning here, doesn’t it? Or maybe...what fetish is this? Fat? Vore? Reverse-birth?”
“Just shut up and help me get her in. Never mind about the arm; I’ll grow her a new one.”

“Welcome back to the world, little one. It’s not any better than when you left it, I’m afraid, but you’re better equipped to meet it now. And you’ve got me to help you.”

“....your mom is scary when she’s mad.....”
“She’s not my...okay, maybe she is...I’m not going to argue with THAT.”
-Overheard during the OBLITERATION of a Brodkil raider band somewhere in the New West.

Innannans are a new ‘elite’ apparently born of a collaboration between the Lost Eclipse and Fringe tribe Clan Immensis. Despite the procreative abilities offered by Progen, many cyborged Immensians and mind-transferred Lost Eclipse NeShemar(many the surviving victims of ARCHIE-3’s Bedlam biological experiments) felt that external Progen lacked the full intimacy of carrying to term and wanted to retain the sense of connection that normal (or, at least as close to normal as cyborgs can get) gestation gave mothers-to-be. The Innannan(named for the Sumerian goddess of love, fertility, and warfare) was one effort to convert a Warchief frame to carry a cyborg/gynoid assembly system.
Innannans are not mobile Progen/Trinity Module carriers, but are effectively walking nanite regeneration and cyborg reconstruction chambers, able to produce and recondition cyberhumanoid cyborgs and gynoids/androids. Admittedly, one of the shortcomings of the system is that it cannot produce the larger gynoids/androids, and cyborgs...so Innannans cannot ‘breed true’...but they can help create new NeShemar in the field, and, with enough assistance, can produce/rebuild the smaller EShemar frames as well.
Innannans have a body frame based on the Immensians’ plus-size cyborg chassis, with an ‘earth mother’ or ‘fertility goddess’ figure; bulging torso, extreme buxom chest, extra-wide hips, and squat, muscular legs. What look like thick wings on the Innannan’s back are really articulated cybershields that can be used to parry attacks, or swing forward to protect and cradle newborn cyborgs and gynoids during the vulnerable emergence stage.
Innannans are, by nature, sweet, maternal, nurturing souls who take great joy in healing and converting the broken bodies of ‘fleshies’ into new cyborgs, or bringing cyberhumanoid gynoids and androids to life. They also frequently serve as field medics/mechanics for their kin, especially if the Innannan was previously a mechanic, doctor, operator, or Tinker. As such, they tend to remain behind the front combat lines, serving with support personnel and second-echelon troops, coming forward only to help police up battle zones and crisis areas. However, if and when the situation merits, they can go ‘Mama Bear’ in a picosecond, to defend their ‘children’, unborn and already born. With the heavy weaponry integrated into them, an Innannan on the warpath is a truly frightening sight to behold. Despite being based on the Warchief frame, and arguably having more armor than some Wargoddesses, most Innannans eschew leadership positions in their tribes, preferring to oversee ‘nurseries’ and NeShemar orientation crèches.
Innannans have been quickly adopted by the Lost Eclipse, Clan Immensis, Clan Pantheron, the Horrorwoods, Wayfinders, Clan Armarand and the Radiant Edge as a means of readily converting new NeShemar. The Lolis may also be interested in adding a few as mother figures to their tribe, complementing the Vatfather ‘toymakers’ rumored to be providing material support to them. It is not unknown for Innannans to accompany tribal Valkari, to immediately begin the process of converting scavenged NeShemar prospects into cyborgs.
Despite being fairly new to the Shemarrian Nation, Innannans have already acquired a deep hatred and enmity with the followers of the Aztec Earth goddess Cihuacoatl. It is unknown how this feud came about, but most feel it is linked to the different views of motherhood and nurturing the two groups follow. If Cihuacoatl makes good on her plans to align with the Splugorth, the Innannans’ feud will become one of the whole Shemarrian Nations’---the Shemar hate the Splugorth after all.

Type: Shemar Innannan
Class: Robot Gynoid Elite
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 40 each
Forearms(2) 212 each
Upper Arms(2) 240 each
Legs(2) 260 each
Head 180
Antennae(3) 20 each
Armored Headdress 100
Main Body 650 w/o armor
Cyborg Chamber 120
Body Armor 250**
Heavy Cybershields (2-4) 180 each

**Many Innnannans go even further, if they don’t expect the need to move fast or dodge, and will wear customized suits equivalent to LI-B2 Light Infantry Cyborg Armor(270 MDC, -15% to prowl, climb, and swim), MI-B2 Medium Armor(310 MDC, -15% to prowl, climb, and swim), or HI-B3 Heavy Borg Armor (420 MDC, reduce top speed by 20%, -2 strike, parry, and dodge, NO prowl, -25% to physical skills)
Height: 9 feet
Width: 8 feet at waist
Length: 6 feet
Weight: 3,000 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 50, PP. 24,.
Cargo: None, except what can be carried.
Speed:
Running: 45 MPH
Jumping: Innannans aren’t built for jumping; they can manage a 10 ft leap up/across, while a running start in excess of 40 MPH allows them to go an additional 50% farther.
Flying: Not possible without a jet pack
Underwater: Can’t swim, but can run along the bottom and survive depths down to 1.5 miles.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted by the Ghost Riders. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 250 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

* Physical Resistance---Heavy padding of psuedo-flesh means that physical blows such as punches, kicks, blunt force strikes, and concussive explosions do HALF damage to the Immensians.

*Cyborg Chamber----The Innannans’ massive abdomens hold womb-like nanotech cyborg reconstruction chambers. All that’s required is an organic humanoid(or what’s left of one) to be placed in the chamber, and a steady supply of materials to be on hand for the Innannan to assimilate, and the Elite can gestate a cyberhumanoid cyborg within 2-15 days, depending on the extent of reconstruction required. The chamber has a separate idiot-savant AI directing its operation, so the Innannan doesn’t have to have a knowledge of bionics or robotics to effectively operate it.
Generating a full EShemar gynoid/android still requires a Progen system to provide a ‘genetic’ template.
The Cyborg Chamber can also act as an automated life support and medical unit, with an integral Medical Doctor skill of 98% for humans(and those most like them) and 75-60% for other d-bees.

*Healing Nanotech----Innannans can also generate/dispense healing/repair nanites; they have the storage capacity for 50 doses of nanites, either IRMSS(have a surgical skill of 75% and can treat internal injuries) equivalents or Micro-Repair Robots(repair 20 MDC each dose), and can regenerate the equivalent of 1 dose every 5 hours. The nanites are delivered through conduits in the hands.

*Psionic Scramblers(NeShemar)---Because of their sensitive status, the Innnannans come standard with mental-scrambling gear that protect both them and their gestating charges. +2 save versus possession, +1 save versus magic illusions and mind control, +1 save versus all psionic attacks.

Weapons Systems:
1) Arm Lasers(2)---The Innannans retain the forearm lasers of the regular warriors. Just point and shoot.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast

2) Finger Claws---The Innannans’ hands feature retractable vibroblades.
Damage: 3d6 MD

3) Eye Lasers(2)---The more powerful Wargoddess-model eye lasers have been fitted to the Innannans, allowing the slow-moving cyborgs to do considerable damage at greater range, and certainly convey the ‘disapproving glare of mama’.
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD single blast, 4d6 MD from both eyes simultaneously
Bonus: +2 to strike (in addition to any other bonuses)

4) Cybershields(2-4)---What look like giant stiff wings mounted on the gynoid’s back are really large shields attached to additional articulated armatures. These can be moved to actively parry and block attacks(+2 to Parry for NeShemar, +9 for EShemar). Innannans also frequently latch tools, ammunition, or medical gear to the backside of the shields.
(Option) The Shemarrians have copied Triax’s TX-002 Heavy Weapon Shield in incorporating a mini-missile launcher into the face of the shield with 30 mini-missiles ready to fire(so having four shields gives a potential arsenal of 120 mini-missiles(!)).
Others are known to eschew missile launchers in favor of small ball-turret laser (2,000 ft range, 2d6 MD per blast)or ion(1,200 ft range, 3d6 MD per blast, or 2d6 MD to a 10 ft wide area) weapons programmed for point defense(if automated, each shield-gun has 3 attacks per melee and +2 to strike).

Programming/Skills:
(NeShemar) Varies by the convert’s original skill-set; or can use the Cyber-Humanoid OCC, plus the following skills:
-3 skills of choice from Medical(Medical Doctor takes BOTH skill selections) (+15%)
-Bioware Mechanics(+15%)
W.P. Shield
Hand to Hand Expert(if a HtH skill is not already possessed)-Can be changed to Martial Arts or HTH: Gladiator(see Rifts Mercenary Adventures, pgs. 24) for the cost of two ‘other’ skills.

(EShemar)
Depends on the origin. Most Upgrade/caste-converts come from the Tinkers, and Seeress castes, although a few are Warchiefs who have retired from active soldiering, and a few are even Warriors and Berserkers who have chosen a more maternal path, or Acolytes who have earned high recognition and chosen a proactive life-path. Most Progen-produced Innannns are of Tinker or Seeress parentage. The EShemar shares all the basic Shemarrian programming, basic combat and espionage/reconnaissance. They also have the following skills(if they are not already possessed):
-Bioware Mechanics(75%+5% per level of experience)
-Electrical Engineering(60%/70+5% per level of experience)
-Cybernetic/Bionic Medicine (60%/70%+5% per level of experience)

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: (NeShemar) By training
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
+2 APMs(shield parrys/blocks)
Initiative + 2
Dodge +2
Parry +5(+7 with shields)
Strike +3 (+5 w/ ranged weaponry, +7 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +2
Pull Punch +2
Standard cyborg bonuses of +3 save vs magic, +5 vs possession, impervious to Bio-Manipulation, Telemechanics(all), See Aura, and any attacks that do damage directly to Hit Points. +2 save versus possession, +1 save versus magic illusions and mind control, +1 save versus all psionic attacks, from psi-scramblers.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: (EShemar) 9
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative + 2
Dodge +4
Parry +4(+9 with shields)
Strike +4 (+5 w/ ranged weaponry, +7 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +2
Pull Punch +4
Disarm +2
Entangle +1
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20

Damage:(all)
Controlled SDC Punch 2d6+30 SDC
Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Head Butt 1d6+2 MD
Full Strength Punch 3d6+5 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d6x10+12 MD
Claw Strike 4d6 MD
Power Claw Strike 1d4x10+4 MD
Kick 5d8+10 MD
Leap Kick(not possible)
Body Block/Tackle 2d6+4 MD, plus 75% chance of bowling targets off their feet.

Options:
Individual Innannans like to customize their own bodies, usually mounting heavier weaponry on their forearm gauntlets and adding extra protective features to their body armor.
Innannans are also fond of dual-mode heavy melee weapons, such as plasma axes or pole arms, with a built-in ranged attack.

Variants
-’Brasstets’---Clan Pantheron take on the Innannan, with lion-like legs and paw-arms(claws do extra damage: 5d6 MD and Power Claw Strike 1d6x10 MD), as well as other feline features. The Brasstets are believed to be responsible for the majority of the recent population explosion of NekoMeki conversions.

-’Wizardwombs’---It’s rumored that the Wayfinders’ Innannans have been experimenting with utilizing various TW enhancements and spells to improve and accelerate the creation of TW cyborgs, including various healing magics, embedding spells in new cyborgs and using Temporal Magic to accelerate gestation. This has led to the rather off-color term of ‘Wizardwombs’ being coined to describe Wayfinder Innannans; a term they’re not entirely pleased with. Reportedly, the first(and only) person to call them one to their faces got belted piledriver-style through a wall.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Relevent material; taken from play-by-post

"Not MY play Cormak. You have issue; take it up with Commander Eris Cloud of Team Beta. Tahlor was her agent out here and I honestly had no clue my counterpart was trying to open diplomatic relations with... oh FORGE slaggin' hell! *facepalms* of course she'd be trying to get the Wolves on deck too; her dragoon totem is the wolf."

Rika leans back against the troop-bay door of the Waveserpent and massages her temples.

"Look; I'm not going to, as some of you humae say "step on your dik", but as a scholar you really do need to up your research into local matters and anthropology. The inverted pentagram is, YES, a focus for hell-spawn. Yet, each and every one of the Shemarr, tribal or not has it somewhere on their wargear. It in fact seems to be a talisman AGAINST the forces of infernal & daemonic. I've studied up on Terran religions and practices before immigrating here from Motavia; The Ballanese, the Maori and even native North-americans & the Cathols; they used icons and masks of monsters demons and even symbols that were supposedly evil to fend-off evil. Blackthorn used his aura read tattoo to scan 'Stalker' real close up and intimate. If our Shemarr 'brother' didn't have Mr. Ravenwood reaching for the nearest anhilation sphere after aura scanning, then it is safe to say he is at least a neutral to us."

She moves closer to James and looks up into his eyes, ears perked forwards.

"As for the Wolves & the Hawks going at each other; right now I'm getting a sense of 'Enemy of my enemy is my friend' in this situation. Fires, for all I know this could be a civil war within a civil war... though I pray that is NOt the case. No... we go on assumption Eris knows what she is doing, and that these wolves at least, don't like what the Skullcrusher are doing any more than we or the Hawks do, and that factory up on the mountain has something to do with why the Skull-tribe is channeling the Dark-Force. *takes a deep breath* What you and Blackthorn translated? That was a direct challenge from an ancient supernatural force that has plagued my anscetral solar system in the 3-galaxies for thousands of years. It has tried several times in the past decade to try and infiltrate THIS world since my cousin Myra was incepted; like me, she is a direct-line genetic descendant of one of the first Nei / NuMen... her "mother" had been chasing a cultist trying to re-open the black-gate to the Darkforce and well; both crash landed on Terra back in PA 97.
Fast forward to about '106 and one of said cultist disciples had managed to take control of Lazlo's council of equals; Dominus Thael. When he was ousted that was when the first Phoenix Force was created."

Still keeping her eyes fixed on the scholar, Rika takes a depp breath and continues; the sound of her hands flexing inside the power-suits' gauntlets can be heard over the other conversations and winter winds through the trees.

"Black Steel? That was my fault; or at least the fault of my commander in the first of the Alpha Teams. We encountered, in the tri-galactic dimension mind you, a Star-dwarf ironship of gigantic proportions; nearly the size of Lazlo's dock-lands. It somehow had gotten 'infected' by Darkforce after travelling through the 'Astral Void' (the void is described in a few books over at Lazlo library); the entireity of the hull, all the cogitators, even the waste-reclamation pipes... ALL OF IT, became the body of a darkforce fragment. the only way the commander could think to remove the danger to the planet it had crash landed on and to that whole sector, was to set the rift-drive to implode. We thought we had removed it permanently from the megaversal constant. No such luck. It shattered into millions, maybe billions of peices and back-scattered through space time and across hundreds of veils.
So yes, we ARE doing this, we are cleaning up the mess my former commander made because it is MY responsibilty, the responsibility of each and every person who wears the Phoenix Alpha badge. If you think this is too much and want to back out, I won't fault you. You can give your resignation to the Major and collect your back-pay, But there you go... Phoenix Force's dirty little secret."

Without another word the Captain walks away, tapping out her response to Ravenwood as she does so; she soon disppears into the dark of the clearing.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

"Hey, neat! Nice tree!"
"Not a tree-"
"Oh, it isn't?"
"Take a closer look."
"Hmm...oh, wow. you strung a LUGHAUL up in lights?"
"They're big enough."
"Like the blinking eye lasers."
"Just don't gaze too long into them."
"And the tower bunker is all in green and red! Cool!"
"Thanks."
"And what is it carrying? OH, PRESENTS!"
"For all the good girls and boys!"
"Happy holidays, you sapients!"
"Yeah, happy holidays!"

"Archie..."
"yes, hagan?"
"...how long are we going to be impersonating an animatronic storefront display?"
"As long as it takes them to quit looking for us. Or the last-minute shoppers quit looking in on us."
"...because this elf costume is REALLY chafing...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Have Good Holiday!!!

taalismn
Priest

Indeed. May all your troubles be far away...and stay that way. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Happy New year.. we survived another year, our little Shemarrians are growing up to be a powerful force to be reckoned with.
Hopefully the next year will have even more goodies for our favourite girls!

Which I should get working on the wikia again (I recently uploaded a few pictures to a few warmounts that were lacking ones), and creating more stuff.
Which reminds me.. taals.. you ever worked on the designation system for the e-nimals, drones, starships and the like?

Return to “Rifts®”