mega rift ? .. micro rift?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

oger333
Explorer

mega rift ? .. micro rift?

Unread post by oger333 »

a funny thought ? could a rift be big enough to rift a hole galaxy ? and on the other end could a rift be small enough to rift UN atom ???
wyrmraker
Hero

Re: mega rift ? .. micro rift?

Unread post by wyrmraker »

In theory, yes to both. In practice, a micro-rift would be pretty simple, needing a miniscule amount of PPE to open. Rifting a galaxy would require a monumental amount of PPE to accomplish, and would likely be a one time fluke of nature.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Micro-Rifts are mentioned in a few places in Rifts.

A Mega Rift to Rift a galaxy through while possible, is likely going to be very PPE intensive.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

oger333 wrote:a funny thought ? could a rift be big enough to rift a hole galaxy ? and on the other end could a rift be small enough to rift UN atom ???

Unknowable. Nothing published even hints at the possibility or lack thereof. I would assume no until something is published to that effect, but a GM can do whatever he wants.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

All you need is a pyramid at the nexuses of the galactic ley lines...
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Mark Hall wrote:All you need is a pyramid at the nexuses of the galactic ley lines...

That didn't work to well for the ancient Atlanteans :wink:
ImageImage
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Carl Gleba wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:All you need is a pyramid at the nexuses of the galactic ley lines...

One example doesn't make it a rule! More people need to experiment to prove it wrong! ;-)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
wodens_blade
D-Bee

Unread post by wodens_blade »

Carl Gleba wrote:

yes...but weren't the Atlanteans trying to create ONE rift that would connect to many many dimensions...then it created the massive one as a mistake? or maybe you meant that tongue in cheek and I am being too serious.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Considering that a continent-sized Rift is a deific power of a dragon-god, I'm not even sure who could do a planet-sized one, much less a sun or solar system or galaxy.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Carl Gleba

wodens_blade wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:

yes...but weren't the Atlanteans trying to create ONE rift that would connect to many many dimensions...then it created the massive one as a mistake? or maybe you meant that tongue in cheek and I am being too serious.

Four words...."Secrets of the Atlanteans"

;)
ImageImage
wodens_blade
D-Bee

Unread post by wodens_blade »

Carl Gleba wrote:
wodens_blade wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:

;)

you know...I had no idea what you meant until I googled "Secrets of the Atlanteans", then I realize. book plug! let us hope it doesn't take 5 years to come out. I enjoy your books Mr. Gleba, and I would buy this.
Carl Gleba

wodens_blade wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:
wodens_blade wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:

;)

you know...I had no idea what you meant until I googled "Secrets of the Atlanteans", then I realize. book plug! let us hope it doesn't take 5 years to come out. I enjoy your books Mr. Gleba, and I would buy this.

ImageImage

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”