Favorite race and occ combo's and why...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Re: Favorite race and occ combo's and why...

Unread post by Subjugator »

I like the idea of a Dwarf explosives expert, m'self.

Dwarf: Move over, kid!
Headhunter: I ain't no kid, shorty!
Dwarf: Shorty? Humph! You ain't got but 20 years on ya, ya infant! I bin done with my apprenticeship for two hunnert years, kid! Hell, I've been in at least five wars for every year you have under your belt, so don't come down here tellin' me what to do with my pop'ums! Whether it's in a mine in a mountain or on the battlefield, the t'ings that go boom are all I love in the world, and I'm not going to let some wet behind the ears idjit like you **** 'em up because you don't know what yer doin' with 'em! Now get outta my way before I pop one off in yer rear end, ya dern fool!
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer
Comment: Dear life, when i said "can my life get any worse" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge

Unread post by Secondhand Smoke »

Svartalf wrote:
Secondhand Smoke wrote:Nuhr Dwarf Mystic Knight. Short tempered, ferocious, one man wrecking machine. The bigger the weapon the better. I especially enjoyed having him casually carry a Plasma Cannon around to negotiations.

Jeridu Gunslinger. Everything you meet that opposes you will die. I mean everything.

Kildred Shifter. Sweet Jesus this combo is heavenly. Not only do you gain an army in a short space of time to do your bidding, you also gain completely loyal followers that you can fix up into body armour and naruni weaponry. Send in a Demon first wave, followers as back up to cover and guard you. You can destroy everything with spells and the enemy will have it's hands full to even get near you. Better yet you can kit out some of your followers with bionics!

Amaki temporal wizard. Bossing it.

Yeno gunfighter. Force fields galore.

My personal favourite was a Nuhr Dwarf Whack Job scientist. Starting out with four bionic limbs in addition to his normal two. GM allowed me to take the ability of multi tasking, so he can do two tasks at once (with all those limbs and two eyestalks, why the hell shouldn,'t he?)
Race gives nice bonuses to mechanics and provides useful skills too. This guy was all about building weapons, robotics, repairing bionics, MDC plating etc. Very fun, I gave him an obsession with tech and made him a minor psionic to go with it. He would always be working on two projects at once!

Jeridu? Kildred? Whackjob scientist? where are those from already, please?

Jeridu and Mildred can be found in Palladium Fantasy World Book 14: Lands of the Damned.

Whack Job Scientist can be found in Rifts China 2
Insert philosophical quote here
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Thanks Smoke
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Vernulian (WB30 p 210) Paratrooper (Merc Adventures p 30). Cause an auto-dodging, psionic, minor mega damage snake-like being with 9 attacks at first level (4 from H2H Commando, 1 from boxing, 3 from being a military Vernulian and +1 when using ranged weapons) and paired weapons; equipped with cost-saving force field regeneration and access to most skills available rocks. Despite their natural MDC regeneration capabilities, they can get cybernetics and bionics as well. And since they are psychic, they can power TW devices. Most underrated D-Bee in Rifts.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Nox Equites
Explorer

Unread post by Nox Equites »

Psi-stalker/Justice Ranger completely legit and Psi-stalker with the chance for WP sharpshooting is cool.

Cyclops/TW His workshop looks like a horror movie castle at night. Specialty in lightning blasters of course. Can sideline in the lightning one shot weapons market.

Elf/Air Water dual warlock. Likes sailing and at high enough levels always has good wind for the boat.

Dwarf/Gunfighter The weapons knowledge fits the technical leanings of most dwarves. The proficiency with most common small arms in the setting is a nice power up over the operator.
rifter72
D-Bee

Unread post by rifter72 »

eliakon wrote:Brodkill Preacher. Yes a Brodkil Preacher
"Anyone can repent brother, just look an me and rejoice"

Love the Idea, have new NPC to roll up now.
Subjugator

Kagashi wrote:Vernulian (WB30 p 210) Paratrooper (Merc Adventures p 30). Cause an auto-dodging, psionic, minor mega damage snake-like being with 9 attacks at first level (4 from H2H Commando, 1 from boxing, 3 from being a military Vernulian and +1 when using ranged weapons) and paired weapons; equipped with cost-saving force field regeneration and access to most skills available rocks. Despite their natural MDC regeneration capabilities, they can get cybernetics and bionics as well. And since they are psychic, they can power TW devices. Most underrated D-Bee in Rifts.

I think the Monster Brodkil Maxi-Killer is pretty underrated as well. They get an auto-dodge at first level, too!

:)

/Sub

P.S. Put anyone in the Kittani Serpent PA and they get an auto-dodge, don't they?
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Subjugator wrote:P.S. Put anyone in the Kittani Serpent PA and they get an auto-dodge, don't they?

Personally I'd require at least PA piloting basic. Though I'd be more comfortable with PA piloting elite. Also don't forget about the Blackmarket's Road Runner and Northern Guns Mantis and Prophet.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Subjugator

Slight001 wrote:
Subjugator wrote:P.S. Put anyone in the Kittani Serpent PA and they get an auto-dodge, don't they?

Personally I'd require at least PA piloting basic. Though I'd be more comfortable with PA piloting elite. Also don't forget about the Blackmarket's Road Runner and Northern Guns Mantis and Prophet.

Hm. I'd say unless it's mentioned that such is required, I wouldn't say it's canonically so...though I'd probably houserule it as you do.

/Sub

Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Subjugator wrote:
Slight001 wrote:

Hm. I'd say unless it's mentioned that such is required, I wouldn't say it's canonically so...though I'd probably houserule it as you do.

/Sub

If you cannot turn the thing on, you don't get to even pilot it as per the RUE skill description of Pilot RPA. So, yeah, Pilot RPA is required. Additionally, Id think the bonuses listed under Hand to Hand Combat are intended to be what RUE calls the RPA Combat Elite values, so you would need that skill (Pilot: RPA Combat: Elite: Kittani SPA) to get the Auto Dodge bonuses as described on page 351-353 in RUE. That Power Armor would most likely fall under the category of Ground-Based Power Armor bonuses listed on p 352, but none of that matters as the text says "Power Armor Combat Elite Bonuses: Or as listed under the individual robot descriptions."

But yeah, a Vernulian or Monster Brodkil armed with a Kittani Serpent Power Armor with the right skills would add even more awesomeness to the mix. Having 11 attacks at first level while also having paired weapons and auto dodge is a force to be reckoned with. If the GM allows it that is. ;)

Come to think of it, a Vernulian Temporal Warrior might be cool too. More auto dodge bonuses, +2 extra attack...and temporal magic...then give him a Serpent PA...thats 12 APM at level 1 (well...level 5 to get the auto dodge bonuses from the Temporal Warrior).
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
MrDisturbed
D-Bee

Unread post by MrDisturbed »

Crazies are my favorite... I love roleplaying psychos...I'm new to rifts though. And hard as I try I can't find anything better than a human to be a crazy..
Morik
Explorer

Unread post by Morik »

MrDisturbed wrote:Crazies are my favorite... I love roleplaying psychos...I'm new to rifts though. And hard as I try I can't find anything better than a human to be a crazy..

You need to look at Monkey boys in the Lone Star book. 5% of them are MOMs. A Mutant chimp with the crazy conversion is what one of my players are trying out right now.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Lately, I have been using a Sea Titan T-Archer as my NPC villain .
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Lenwen wrote:Lately, I have been using a Sea Titan T-Archer as my NPC villain .

How is that even possible?
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

"Rifts"

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:"Rifts"

Yeah, but that combination is explicitly listed as not-possible....
*shrugs*
I guess rule 0 was invoked
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

eliakon wrote:

NPC's do not follow the same rule set. But, if you wish a book "accepted" rule on it.

Human born in captivity , on a splugorthian slaver world. After becoming a T-Archer, went into battle, and was magically swept away from his owners into undersea Rifts, that transformed him into a Sea Titan.

No rules in any books printed, say T men can not thusly be turned into other life formes (outside of Undead, that is)
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Lenwen wrote:
eliakon wrote:

NPC's do not follow the same rule set. But, if you wish a book "accepted" rule on it.

Human born in captivity , on a splugorthian slaver world. After becoming a T-Archer, went into battle, and was magically swept away from his owners into undersea Rifts, that transformed him into a Sea Titan.

No rules in any books printed, say T men can not thusly be turned into other life formes (outside of Undead, that is)

Yeah, grey area for sure.

But becoming a human creature of magic when already having tattoos...Id personally say one wins out over the other. If he had existing tats, then turned Sea Titan, perhaps the tats simply become ordinary tats. This is, of course, my personal opinion and the rules can either support or reject both points of view.
Updated Aug 2015
Raze_7
Explorer
Comment: "The best offense is a good defense!" - Somebody unsuccessful.

Unread post by Raze_7 »

tsh77769 wrote:For example...

True Atlantean Cyberknight (awesome stats and tats)
Altess Cyberknight (MDC human)
Psi-Stalker Cyberknight (absolutely lethal vs. supernatural)

Machine People Gunslinger (unlimited ammo)

True Atlantean Juicer (they live longer, as per Juicer Uprising, they should also have a longer time for detox).

TSH77769

Wormwood human and Titan Juicer. That thing is a giant MDC tank!
Or, possible a Wormwood Human and a Mind Melter. That's an undying Psychic!
A player character Old One coould possibly be difficult to get past a GM. -Raze_7

"I've caught murderers with my questions before! Well, only once, but..." -Phoenix Wright

"Holy fire burns a hell of a lot." -Chronicle

"According to this polling data, the most popular Star Trek character after Kirk and Picard are Data." - xkcd

http://xkcd.com/1357/
Raze_7
Explorer

Unread post by Raze_7 »

Morik wrote:
MrDisturbed wrote:Crazies are my favorite... I love roleplaying psychos...I'm new to rifts though. And hard as I try I can't find anything better than a human to be a crazy..

You need to look at Monkey boys in the Lone Star book. 5% of them are MOMs. A Mutant chimp with the crazy conversion is what one of my players are trying out right now.

Or, you could be a Cy-Bear (full-conversion 'Borg bear), and a human can also be a Zapper. Those guys are fun! Just think about watching your opponents' faces when they find out that they cannot shoot their energy weapons, or move their power-armor, because you drained their power! And, you can use that power to electrocute someone else!
I'm not sure if this is canon, but you might also be able to kill someone by giving him/her an arrhythmia or something.
A player character Old One coould possibly be difficult to get past a GM. -Raze_7

"I've caught murderers with my questions before! Well, only once, but..." -Phoenix Wright

"According to this polling data, the most popular Star Trek character after Kirk and Picard are Data." - xkcd

eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Raze_7 wrote:
tsh77769 wrote:For example...

True Atlantean Cyberknight (awesome stats and tats)
Altess Cyberknight (MDC human)
Psi-Stalker Cyberknight (absolutely lethal vs. supernatural)

Machine People Gunslinger (unlimited ammo)

True Atlantean Juicer (they live longer, as per Juicer Uprising, they should also have a longer time for detox).

TSH77769

Wormwood human and Titan Juicer. That thing is a giant MDC tank!
Or, possible a Wormwood Human and a Mind Melter. That's an undying Psychic!

Other than the fact that Wormwood Humans are mentioned as having no psychic potential....
And that a Titan Juicer gets bonus SDC, so it would take a house rule to convert that into MDC (there is no explicit rule that says that they can turn the bonus from juicer conversion into MDC, and since juicers existed when Wormwood came out...)

Slight001
Hero

Question, where does it talk about the nature of the wormwood humans? I'm having a hell of a time finding it... for some reason I was thinking there was a note about skill born S.D.C. being converted to M.D.C. within their race write up... sadly I can't find the wormwood humans race write up in wormwood.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Lenwen wrote: No rules in any books printed, say T men can not thusly be turned into other life formes (outside of Undead, that is)

I thought only Atlanteans are immune to becoming undead, other T-Men also can't be turned to vamps?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Raze_7
Explorer

Unread post by Raze_7 »

Let's see...

Wormwood humans go well with almost anything, especially Titan Juicers or GB pilots (destroy it's armor's MDC, and, guess what! more MDC!).

If you managed to get a Royal Frilled Mind Melter, that would be awesome (although, I'm not sure if adult dragons can have OCCs legally).

Larmacs are cool. Whoever said that has taste.

If you found a way to get a Seraph with something, that would be amazing, although I'm not sure if Seraph is a race or RCC. A Seraph-Crazy or Seraph-Headhunter would be a fun character to play.

One of my friends has an Alien Intelligence (not sure what race) Body-Fixer/various other healer classes.

Amorphs remind me of Twoflower, from Discworld. I think that an Amorph would be fun and a little touching to have in a campaign, even if it is soley because of their naivety.

A Demon-Necromancer or a Demon-Harvester would also be cool, especially if that demon were a Deathless One.

Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

Not sure if I posted this already: Titan Cyber Knight
Quick Flex Alien Gunslinger or Gunfighter
Ratling City Rat
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Nox Equites
Explorer

Unread post by Nox Equites »

Slight001 wrote:Question, where does it talk about the nature of the wormwood humans? I'm having a hell of a time finding it... for some reason I was thinking there was a note about skill born S.D.C. being converted to M.D.C. within their race write up... sadly I can't find the wormwood humans race write up in wormwood.

There was an old thread where someone had a FAQ on Wormwood but I don't recall what it was named. They were never clear in Wormwood about it.

As for Psionics DB1 Pg 76 "Note: Psionics and mastery over high technology are a rarity among the native population on Wormwood. Robots, cyborgs, juicers, crazies, cyber-knights and Mind Melters are NOT indigenous to the planet. Necromancy (as presented in Rifts World Book 4: Africa) is not one of the mystic arts known or practiced on Wormwood."

So a minor or major psychic born on Wormwood is rare, but possible. Master psychics are probably unlikely though because the abilities are so rare that you have no one to teach you or use as an example. Maybe the character is child of a dimensional traveler who was a psychic? That might have higher chance of psychic traits manifesting.

I would argue that juicer conversion is difficult because Wormwood natives are mega damage creatures. Can the bio-comp recognize the need to heal after damage when you have MDC to recover? Can the drugs to amp recovery do anything for MDC? You need to modify the injection system to get into the blood stream and no way to be sure the nano med bots can repair damage far beyond what they could ever repair in a normal human.

The best way to in canon make them into a juicer-like creature would be Bio-wizardy. It doesn't even need to be as a Maxi-killer either. Symbiotes can come pretty close to making a killing machine without shortening the lifespan.

Crazies are possible, justified by SB3 having supernatural creatures getting M.O.M, but other than not needing armor as much you still have a lunatic waiting to happen, which migh be what you want.
Virilitas
D-Bee

Unread post by Virilitas »

Sea titan zapper, even better with mystic martial arts.
Demigod stone master with earth warlock powers
Lemurian biomancer with a lurduk familiar
Lyvorrk shifter with a sapphire cobra
Chiang Ku hatchlings
Malvoren
Mystic kuznya
Elf tattooed archer
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Human Super-Powered-Vagabond Half-Wizard Sea-Inquisitor Absconder

because... reasons...

(totally never played one, too bronken, but completely legal if you accept the Absconder OCC, and if not remove it and completely book legal)
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

13eowulf wrote:Human Super-Powered-Vagabond Half-Wizard Sea-Inquisitor Absconder

because... reasons...

(totally never played one, too bronken, but completely legal if you accept the Absconder OCC, and if not remove it and completely book legal)

Where is the Absconder? I've not heard of it.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Thinyser wrote:
13eowulf wrote:Human Super-Powered-Vagabond Half-Wizard Sea-Inquisitor Absconder

because... reasons...

Where is the Absconder? I've not heard of it.

Rifter 56
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I like Titan or Rahu-man cyberknights. These are good things.

I also like human paratroopers, but...kinda played one forever.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Subjugator

Morik wrote:

Dear God. I'd not thought of that. A monkey boy with astronomically high intelligence and an auto-dodge is beautiful!

For that matter, the Brodkil with a MOM would also be nice, and IIRC, they have no insanities since the issue is with miniaturization.

Niiiice!

/Sub

Subjugator

eliakon wrote:Other than the fact that Wormwood Humans are mentioned as having no psychic potential....
And that a Titan Juicer gets bonus SDC, so it would take a house rule to convert that into MDC (there is no explicit rule that says that they can turn the bonus from juicer conversion into MDC, and since juicers existed when Wormwood came out...)

One parent was from Rifts earth, went to Wormwood to help, and had a kid with a native?

That'd give psionic potential and they'd be MDC beings by being born there.

/Sub

Subjugator

Nox Equites wrote:I would argue that juicer conversion is difficult because Wormwood natives are mega damage creatures. Can the bio-comp recognize the need to heal after damage when you have MDC to recover? Can the drugs to amp recovery do anything for MDC? You need to modify the injection system to get into the blood stream and no way to be sure the nano med bots can repair damage far beyond what they could ever repair in a normal human.

The best way to in canon make them into a juicer-like creature would be Bio-wizardy. It doesn't even need to be as a Maxi-killer either. Symbiotes can come pretty close to making a killing machine without shortening the lifespan.

Since Gargoyles and Brodkil can be Maxi-Killers, I'd say a Wormwood human or Sea Titan would be able to as well.

/Sub

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Subjugator wrote:
eliakon wrote:Other than the fact that Wormwood Humans are mentioned as having no psychic potential....

One parent was from Rifts earth, went to Wormwood to help, and had a kid with a native?

/Sub

Provided that the missing psionic potential also isnt a side-effect of being born there, and not just genetics, or that the missing psionic potential in a dominant genetic trait in Wormwood Humans.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Subjugator

13eowulf wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

Provided that the missing psionic potential also isnt a side-effect of being born there, and not just genetics, or that the missing psionic potential in a dominant genetic trait in Wormwood Humans.

I'd say Occam's Razor would tend to preclude the first; it adds complexity that isn't necessary. The second is quite possible, but even then you'd have 1/4 that wouldn't be affected by it.

/Sub

eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

That may (or may not) provide psionic potential (there is not enough known, though if one parent was a psi it would work).
But simply being MDC doesn't change the Titan Juicer rules. So you would have an MDC being with psionics...that also gets bonus SDC (there is nothing in the Juicer rules, or Wormwood rules that say that bonus SDC turns into MDC.)

Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

Godlings are cool because they can be up to two different spell casting classes at once, ditto with Lizard Mages, unfortunately, they are both so powerful that there is seldom a good opportunity to play one. Demigod is very similar, you get to choose an OCC and can take a spell caster class as your godling power, so there are lots of cool options. If playing a single class, then True Atlanteans are hard to beat, with their tattoos and long life spans, they make great mages and cyber knights.

This makes me wonder why Palladium never did multi-classing... a warlock / LLW would be very fun to play in my opinion, but it takes a demigod or better to do it. Why not have a low power option for splitting xp and having two classes? Why leave out a good idea just because it wasn't invented here?
Subjugator

eliakon wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

That may (or may not) provide psionic potential (there is not enough known, though if one parent was a psi it would work).
But simply being MDC doesn't change the Titan Juicer rules. So you would have an MDC being with psionics...that also gets bonus SDC (there is nothing in the Juicer rules, or Wormwood rules that say that bonus SDC turns into MDC.)

I thought there was something, somewhere, that said SDC bonuses translate to MDC. That would've been pre-RUE, though.

/Sub

Subjugator

Athos wrote:Godlings are cool because they can be up to two different spell casting classes at once, ditto with Lizard Mages, unfortunately, they are both so powerful that there is seldom a good opportunity to play one. Demigod is very similar, you get to choose an OCC and can take a spell caster class as your godling power, so there are lots of cool options. If playing a single class, then True Atlanteans are hard to beat, with their tattoos and long life spans, they make great mages and cyber knights.

This makes me wonder why Palladium never did multi-classing... a warlock / LLW would be very fun to play in my opinion, but it takes a demigod or better to do it. Why not have a low power option for splitting xp and having two classes? Why leave out a good idea just because it wasn't invented here?

Do a Demigod LLW/Warlock with a Maxi-Killer harness. :)

/Sub

Slight001
Hero

Subjugator wrote:
Athos wrote:Godlings are cool because they can be up to two different spell casting classes at once, ditto with Lizard Mages, unfortunately, they are both so powerful that there is seldom a good opportunity to play one. Demigod is very similar, you get to choose an OCC and can take a spell caster class as your godling power, so there are lots of cool options. If playing a single class, then True Atlanteans are hard to beat, with their tattoos and long life spans, they make great mages and cyber knights.

/Sub

Now I'm wondering how a Maxi-Killer parasite would behave if the being was a true immortal... limitless life span can't really be reduced... "oh dang... I've only got 1/4 of infinity left... dang what ever shall I do."
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Slight001 wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

Now I'm wondering how a Maxi-Killer parasite would behave if the being was a true immortal... limitless life span can't really be reduced... "oh dang... I've only got 1/4 of infinity left... dang what ever shall I do."

In the rare event that occurred I guess it would be up to the GM to make a call....Assuming that the Parasite would work on one of the few true immortals in the game....

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Take a Hawrk-ka RCC (Atlantis p75) which is completely immune to magic.
Add the Maxi-Killer (aka Bio-Wizard Juicer augmentation) from Juicer Uprisings, p53.

The combo is expressly permitted on JU p54, and you get a warrior with:
- 4D4x10 plus 2D4x10+60 MDC (average of 210)
- Additional natural armor of 120 MDC
- Supernatural PS around 28 (average rolls)
- Supernatural PE
- Can fly around 135 (speed attribute, not mph)
- Good natural abilities (nightvision, etc)
- Is (strangely) impervious to magic
- And "love to hunt and kill more than anything else."
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Subjugator

Slight001 wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

I thought Demigods only got a base 50,000 year lifespan. He *could* get old. :)

/Sub

Subjugator

Mack wrote:Take a Hawrk-ka RCC (Atlantis p75) which is completely immune to magic.
Add the Maxi-Killer (aka Bio-Wizard Juicer augmentation) from Juicer Uprisings, p53.

- Supernatural PE

I'm LOVING it!

eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Subjugator wrote:
Slight001 wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

I thought Demigods only got a base 50,000 year lifespan. He *could* get old. :)

/Sub

Demigods have 1,000-4,000 year lifespans (1d4x1000?) Godlings have the 50,000 (But since neither one can attach a Maxi-Killer its sort of moot.....)

Subjugator

eliakon wrote:Demigods have 1,000-4,000 year lifespans (1d4x1000?) Godlings have the 50,000 (But since neither one can attach a Maxi-Killer its sort of moot.....)

Why can't they? If Brodkil and Gargoyles can, I'd think the Godlings and Demigods could as well.

/Sub

Morik
Explorer

Unread post by Morik »

Mack wrote:Take a Hawrk-ka RCC (Atlantis p75) which is completely immune to magic.

- Supernatural PE

I would rule that the Maxi-Killer is Bio-WIZARDRY therefore is magic and won't work on the Hawrk-Ka.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Morik wrote:

- Supernatural PE

I would rule that the Maxi-Killer is Bio-WIZARDRY therefore is magic and won't work on the Hawrk-Ka.
Strange that it mentions specifically them as one of the races it will work on on page 54 of juicer uprising just as Mack said...
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

I'm ruling the High Lords no longer do it because the Maxi Killer Hawrks were uncontrollable and took too much manpower to keep in line/kill when they went on rampage...
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard

Return to “Rifts®”