Top 7 power blocks in N.A.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Top 7 power blocks in N.A.

Unread post by Lenwen »

Canonly who do you guys consider thee top 7 power blocks in north America ?

I'll go first .

1)- Atlantis

2)- Archie

3)- megaversal legion.

4)- coalition

5)- free Quebec

6)- combined fed of magic.

7)- Nxla.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: Top 7 power blocks in N.A.

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Do you mean based in North America or operate in North America? I don't believe Atlantis counts (wouldn't it be it's own continent?), and the Megaversal Legion is based in South America. If you mean operate in NA then I don't see a problem with your list other than I think I like the combined power of the Native Americans a little more than the Federation of Magic - to the point I'd rate them as powerful as the CS. And I thought (could be wrong) that Nxla got beat down pretty good.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

I think Northern Gun has the edge on ARCHIE.
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Lenwen wrote:Canonly who do you guys consider thee top 7 power blocks in north America ?

I'll go first .

1)- Atlantis

2)- Archie

3)- megaversal legion.

4)- coalition

5)- free Quebec

6)- combined fed of magic.

7)- Nxla.

Megaversal legion has no presence in north america, it's only in south america.

The Vampire Kingdoms are cannonically stated to be the strongest power in North America, able to give even Splyncryth pause should he ever try to take over the world.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:Do you mean based in North America or operate in North America? I don't believe Atlantis counts (wouldn't it be it's own continent?), and the Megaversal Legion is based in South America. If you mean operate in NA then I don't see a problem with your list other than I think I like the combined power of the Native Americans a little more than the Federation of Magic - to the point I'd rate them as powerful as the CS. And I thought (could be wrong) that Nxla got beat down pretty good.

Atlantis has a Major city in Newfoundland called Little Atlantis, but it's still a major power and has pyramid network for direct reinforcements from atlantis at any time.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

megaversal legion has an office in merc town where they do business and train their green troops in missions.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Morik
Explorer

Unread post by Morik »

Alrik Vas wrote:megaversal legion has an office in merc town where they do business and train their green troops in missions.

So what?

Naruni does as well and still has the backing of their entire network/multi-galactic super-corporation, and I'd still say they are a small political power player in North America.

If anything the Native American tribes and the Black Market should be on any "top ten" list, well above any newly seceded small merc group like the megaversal legion. Darkir backed would be another story. (honestly, I think the only reason the author said they had a office in New Paducah is so munchkin players could try to wedge in some of the stupid equipment from the SA books.)

I'll do a top ten list if you want me to, but I don't own EVERY book that contains a power influence in NA. I have a lot of them but not all of them.

I can start one but it will suck. Here goes....

1 Coalition States

2 Vampire Kingdoms

3 Native American tribes (all of them have lots of land and the backing of gods/spirits/Nunnehi)

4 Black Market (their economic power alone is staggering)

5 Titan Robotics (with the silent partner)

6 Northern Gun (guns and economic power)

7 The Xiticix Swarm (gonna get hate for putting dirty bugs on the list)

8 Free Quebec (they did hold off the CS)

9 Psyscape/Federation of Magic (tie, hidden conflicts hold them back right now)

10 Camazotz the Lord of the Bats. (get the Vampire Sourcebook...seriously this "guy" controls the Yucatan right now...the land that has more magical energy running through it than anywhere on the planet.)

Honorable mentions

11 Republicans

12 Colorado Baronies

13 Pecos "Empire"

14 The Tundra Rangers

15 Cloud City

16 Doc Reid

17 Lord Coake

18 Ixion

19 Los Alamo

20 Calgary Demon hoard

21 Manistique Imperium

22 Golden Age Weapons

23 Lazlo

24 Pirate Kingdoms of the great lakes (Queenston Harbor especially)

25 Arnzo/New Paducah (tie)

26 Kingsdale

27 Naruni Enterprise

Well that's all I can think of right now. Let me know what you think.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

oh, morik, I wasn't arguing that the legion is a top 7 player in NA. just pointing out they have a presence there.

in relation to the topic at hand I also say they aren't real factor.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

It's my understanding that Naruni in NA does not currently have the support of the entire organization.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
H.P. Hovercraft
Explorer

Unread post by H.P. Hovercraft »

In no particular order (just spit-balling here):

1) Archie

2) The CS

3) The Vampire Kingdoms

4) Shemairian Nation (although that probably counts as Archie as well)

5) Free Quebec

6) The Black Market

7) Northern Gun

8) Tundra Rangers (only around 30,000 strong, but the amount of area they cover is huge)

9) Federation of Magic (though barely; they're too fractured to very effective)

10) Pecos Empire (in general; again, they're usually not a unified force but they can hardly be ignored either)

Native Americans definitely deserve mention, although most of the tribes are independent of one another (or even at war).

The Colorado Baronies and most places out west (Arzno, Tryth-Sal, etc) are too small to be considered major power blocs.

While the Megaversal Legion has an office in Merctown, they're definitely not a power (even if the entire ML moved up to NA, they still wouldn't be).

I'm really curious as to why Atlantis is being considered for a power bloc in NA. Sure, they have an effect on and influence things in NA, but they don't have enough of a presence to really be considered a "power." They've got colonies in the Maritimes, looters in Tolkeen, the Shadow Warriors in Texas and (maybe?) Mephisto's Horsemen in various cities around the continent, but I'm unsure if it really makes them a "power" on the continent.

Edit: Xiticix/bugs should have definitely been on my list.......that and Justin Bieber.
H.P. Hovercraft
Explorer

Unread post by H.P. Hovercraft »

Oh, another possible Honorable Mention:

The Simvan.............again, not a unified power but their range and influence is noteworthy.

And speaking of "Influence," how about the Cyber-Knights? As a whole, one could view them as a "power bloc" by proxy of influence only. Maybe?

Return to “Rifts®”