The Life Force Wizard

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jim123
D-Bee

The Life Force Wizard

Unread post by Jim123 »

I'm about to start playing in a PF game which non of my gaming group has done in over a 10 years.To get back into the system we are playing a one off with anything we want to play.We are playing 2ed PF and I wanted to play a Life Force Wizard that I read about in Island at the Edge of the World.What I was wandering is there a 2ed version or would I just to convert one myself.Thanks for any help yall can give.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Re: The Life Force Wizard

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Jim123 wrote:I'm about to start playing in a PF game which non of my gaming group has done in over a 10 years.To get back into the system we are playing a one off with anything we want to play.We are playing 2ed PF and I wanted to play a Life Force Wizard that I read about in Island at the Edge of the World.What I was wandering is there a 2ed version or would I just to convert one myself.Thanks for any help yall can give.

It's in Nimro, IIRC... maybe Baalgor, but pretty sure Nimro.
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Jim123
D-Bee

Unread post by Jim123 »

Thanks for the help guys I had to dig threw a few boxes to find it.It was the Nimro Book.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Goliath Strongarm wrote:
Jim123 wrote:I'm about to start playing in a PF game which non of my gaming group has done in over a 10 years.To get back into the system we are playing a one off with anything we want to play.We are playing 2ed PF and I wanted to play a Life Force Wizard that I read about in Island at the Edge of the World.What I was wandering is there a 2ed version or would I just to convert one myself.Thanks for any help yall can give.

It's in Nimro, IIRC... maybe Baalgor, but pretty sure Nimro.

Greetings and Salutations. Just as confirmation ... it's PF Book 10: Mount Nimro, starting page 42. Have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

The Revision castrated the OCC. That is my opinion on the matter.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Playing a lifeforce wizard seems cool. However, they have very limited selection of spells and abilities and the class seems very one dimensional. I personally found it extremely boring class to play after a while. Even though I had an 8th level Gromek Lifeforce wizard that was a holy terror in combat.

I personally would like to see more detail in future books and non-combat abilities/spells added to this magic class.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Mods

The Life Force Wizard can absorb life energy (H.P.) of all living creatures. Things that cannot be drained are, Vampires, Undead, Dead, Mummies, Zombies, Skeletons, UnLiving things like Constructs, Golems, Etc….

If touching the target in any way, shape or form, The Life Force Wizard can drain any one opponent of all it’s Hit Points in an instant sending the target into a coma. Unless treated, the victim will die in 2d6 minutes in what seems to be natural causes. Regular Restrictions apply.

The P.P.E. drains away at the rate of one point per Hour.
Life Force Wizards are not limited to Wizard spell magic and can learn others including, Wards, Summoning Circles, Necro-Magic, or any other form of arcana as a Life Force Wizard as long as they have the necessary skills to do so.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

FreelancerMar wrote:The P.P.E. drains away at the rate of one point per Hour.
Life Force Wizards are not limited to Wizard spell magic and can learn others including, Wards, Summoning Circles, Necro-Magic, or any other form of arcana as a Life Force Wizard as long as they have the necessary skills to do so.

I'd be more inclined, if I were to do something like this, to make "Life Force" be a modifier that you can apply to any magic OCC... so you would have a "Life Force Wizard" and a "Life Force Diabolist", but a Life Force Wizard couldn't flat-out learn diabolism in addition to his wizardly skills without switching OCCs.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Notice the way I said "if they had the necessary skills". This usually means that that they Must be a Diabolist or Summoner Before becoming a life force wizard. The only way to get the necessary skills is from formal training. The formal training will not normally be available after becoming a life force wizard.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

FreelancerMar wrote:Notice the way I said "if they had the necessary skills". This usually means that that they Must be a Diabolist or Summoner Before becoming a life force wizard. The only way to get the necessary skills is from formal training. The formal training will not normally be available after becoming a life force wizard.

Ah, ok.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”