Need sugestions for Indian (orient people) based OCCs

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmaster
Hero

Need sugestions for Indian (orient people) based OCCs

Unread post by Nightmaster »

Helo guys. Iam here to ask for sugestions on OCCs, both mundane and mystical, for a Indian based female character.

I have several books but so far I have not found anything with an "Indian" feel on it. Any sugestions?
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Need sugestions for Indian (orient people) based OCCs

Unread post by Bill »

What would make a class feel more Indian? Are you looking for a western stereotype, like yogis and snake charmers?
Nightmaster
Hero

Unread post by Nightmaster »

Bill wrote:What would make a class feel more Indian? Are you looking for a western stereotype, like yogis and snake charmers?

More like things that draw from ancient Hindu folklore and traditional Indian society as well.

I am not up to stereotypes. I find then lame. But sometimes just looking at the culture of a people can be all that is need for a character idea.

Yogis are fine to me though.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Mystic, cyber-knight, city rat, netset (re-skinned), mind melter, etc...
any class can be what you need. you may need to re-skin them a bit to fit your specific vision though.
Take a look at the Vedic and Brahmic gods in Pantheons for some general ideas towards flavor if need be.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

Gypsies.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Rifts Japan (some of the traditionalist OCC/RCC), Rifts China (boarder country, though here I'm not to sure as I don't have either China book), and Rifts Pantheons might have something as they are in the basic area.

Otherwise some of the more generic Scholar/Adventure types (Rogue Scholar/Scientist, Wilderness Scout, City Rat, Vagabond, Operator, Body Fixer) could fill in for the mudane stuff. Mystical, you are likely looking at a generic Mystic or other Psychic (Mind Melter, Burster, Psi-Stalker). Might want to allow 1 or 2 bonus skills for the Indian flavor you are looking for.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

From CB2 the Rifts Priest dedicated to one of Pantheons' Indian gods.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

You could try modelling a combat class after the Rajput warrior caste. Exotic weapons, martial arts, etc.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

The only living master of a dying martial art
perhaps in rifts, this fighting style has a rebirth. :)

certainly would help keep the Sikh people alive through the cataclysm and dark ages.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Just as other's have said anything can work if you put the right twist on it. I think the juggler/knife thrower could be a good choice. It would be a way for a peasant caste to earn money through showing off skills of juggling/knife throwing for public entertainment and money in the hat, thievery, (and assassination if thats the way you want to play them) who then through circumstance falls into adventure.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

glitterboy2098 wrote:The only living master of a dying martial art
perhaps in rifts, this fighting style has a rebirth. :)

certainly would help keep the Sikh people alive through the cataclysm and dark ages.

*invents new martial art based on hacky sack*

*is now only living master of dying martial art*
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”