Fallout?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

KillWatch
Champion

Fallout?

Unread post by KillWatch »

Has anyone tried to do a Rifts: Fallout edition? It's almost the same timeline and I've already wrote up Killwaukee, and some other settings for it

Secondly what about any other post apoc high tech/fantasy settings like He-Man, Thundercats, Thundarr? Sure you would have to scale back a lot of stuff but its just sitting there waiting for some palladium treatment
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Re: Fallout?

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Ive considered vaults after I found fallout 3 / new Vegas but never done anything.
KillWatch
Champion

well yeah, privately

Has anyone converted any other video games to Palladium?
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
KillWatch
Champion

yeah. I've looked at it. If I could get a copy somewhere I might adopt some stuff for rifts. Was it a rifts contemporary or a precursor?
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I'm a big fan of the Fallout series, having played 1, 2, 3, and New Vegas multiple times through. I love the idea of the vaults; they were one of my influences for the Rifts Middle East culture I created in my novel manuscript.

The original Fallout came out ~8 years after Rifts did.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

I am surprised that this thread hasn't been shut down yet due to the company's strict no conversions guidelines.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

dragonfett wrote:I am surprised that this thread hasn't been shut down yet due to the company's strict no conversions guidelines.

there aren't any conversions here. there's people asking if there are any conversions. there's people discussing the possibility that there could be a conversion. there are even people basically saying "I want to convert <other intellectual property". but there's nobody actually converting anything here. if I was to start going through various marvel or DC super heroes and telling people what heroes unlimited powers to pick to make those characters, they'd shut it down. but that's not the sort of thing that's happening.

ironically, this thread is being preserved due to it's lack of success in it's stated goal :P
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I've used ideas from the fallout series.......though that was quite a while ago
The Dragon Has Spoken
dragonfett
Knight

Ah. That explains that (the extra words are to have a post with more than five characters).
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Have I used Fallout in my Rifts games?

Maybe... but... I don't want to set the world on fire.

;)
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
KillWatch
Champion

I so have to draw up butcher pete
dragonfett
Knight

The next time I run a Rifts game (especially one set in the New West), I will pop the game in so that they can get a good gist of what the New West might look like.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown

Return to “Rifts®”