NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

taalismn wrote:It's VERY tough paper towel...for those TOUGH clean-up jobs. And the aftermath of that ill-fated decision to have the Burrito Surprise. Any tougher and it would be Matter Expulsion: Sandpaper.

But I'll drop the SDC to one and do some spelling corrections. Also adding the rule for intercepting attacks.
So then if it has 1 SDC normally, would that not drop the SDC when wet to zero? It would hold together but fall apart when you even touched it, regardless of if you had a PS bonus, so why give it any SDC to resist damage?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

stinky sweat(minor power)
your natural sweat can choke a moose @ 25 feet per level!
any opponent within range must make a p.e. roll or do nothing but gag and/or vomit for 25d3 rounds!
your natural p.e roll has a bonus of +12 for avoiding the effects of bad oders/smells only!
you are naturally imune to your own body oder of course.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:It's VERY tough paper towel...for those TOUGH clean-up jobs. And the aftermath of that ill-fated decision to have the Burrito Surprise. Any tougher and it would be Matter Expulsion: Sandpaper.

But I'll drop the SDC to one and do some spelling corrections. Also adding the rule for intercepting attacks.
So then if it has 1 SDC normally, would that not drop the SDC when wet to zero? It would hold together but fall apart when you even touched it, regardless of if you had a PS bonus, so why give it any SDC to resist damage?

It's going back up to 2 SDC(I'm not recalculating a power based on toilet paper). Too tough? That's what perforations are for.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

It's going back up to 2 SDC(I'm not recalculating a power based on toilet paper). Too tough? That's what perforations are for.
LOL
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:LOL

Mild mannered storekeeper Mister Whipple by day, crime-stopping vigilante Charmin-Man by night(just don't squeeze him).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

The old powers archive is still there, heh, wow, memories..
Maybe I should update it at some point?
Or someone else can, if they are so inclined.
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

ZEN wrote:The old powers archive is still there, heh, wow, memories..

And they are all most likely on my Black Vault - The Black Vault :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
ZEN wrote:The old powers archive is still there, heh, wow, memories..

And they are all most likely on my Black Vault - The Black Vault :D
If not, I can post them there. I am pretty sure most of the powers from that old site are there, however.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Ah, good good, cheers guys :)
Little Sculptures
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Re: Stinky Sweat..
*edited*
Repulsive Aura (minor power)
"There is no word to describe what that smells like.. its like a kick in my brain face".

It's very unusual for a smell, no matter how bad, to cause actual physical harm, however, by a form of bio-manipulation, the character can cause the target's brain to experience an overloaded stench with elements of decomposing corpses, stewed in piles of fermented fruit, rotten eggs, and flaming excrement.. as the nose is completely bypassed and the neural structure attacked directly, there are few reliable methods to block this non-psionic ability.
Simply not breathing or blocking the nostrils has no effect, something like a Faraday cage or being enclosed in an armored car would do the trick.

Range: 15 feet per level, 2 targets within the area plus one per level (Nearest targets, at level 3 and beyond the character can select specific targets within range)
Duration: Instant, and persists for 1 melee round per level.
Choose two of the following effects when activating the Repulsive Aura (add one more at level 3, and gain the ability to use all at level 6 and beyond).
1. Dizzy and Disoriented.
-4 to Parry and Dodge, -2 to Strike and Initiative
2. Overwhelming olfactory overload.
-2 to strike and Parry, visual range decreased by 25% (eyes water profusely, breaks out in a 'flop sweat'), sense of smell and taste is effectively neutralised.
3. Severe Nausea.
-25% on all skills, -4 to all combat skills, 25% chance of being violently ill per round (vomiting takes up all actions other than a possible staggering movement for the round)
4. Revulsion.
35% +5% per level chance of causing the target to attempt to leave the immediate area, by the most hasty means available, and the target is -5 to strike with grab or grapple attempts on the character.
Last edited by ZEN on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Sculptures
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

ZEN wrote:Re: Stinky Sweat..

"There is no word to describe what that smells like.. its like a kick in my brain face".

It's very unusual for a smell, no matter how bad, to cause actual physical harm, however, by a form of bio-manipulation, the character can cause the target's brain to experience an overloaded stench with elements of decomposing corpses, stewed in piles of fermented fruit, rotten eggs, and flaming excrement.. as the nose is completely bypassed and the neural structure attacked directly, there are few reliable methods to block this non-psionic ability.
Simply not breathing or blocking the nostrils has no effect, something like a Faraday cage or being enclosed in an armored car would do the trick.

Range: 25 feet per level, all targets within the area (at level 3 and beyond, the character can select specific targets within range)
Choose two of the following effects when activating the Repulsive Aura (add one more at level 3, and gain the ability to use all at level 6 and beyond).
-2 to strike and Parry, visual range decreased by 25% (eyes water profusely, breaks out in a 'flop sweat'), sense of smell and taste is effectively neutralised.
3. Severe Nausea.
-25% on all skills, -4 to all combat skills, 25% chance of being violently ill per round (vomiting takes up all actions other than a possible staggering movement for the round)
4. Revulsion.
35% +5% per level chance of causing the target to attempt to leave the immediate area, by the most hasty means available, and the target is -5 to strike with grab or grapple attempts on the character.

At 25 feet per level, this thing has a HUGE range (375 feet) by level 15 to affect all targets within range. I would have gone with a lesser range overall with a greater range to start, say a 60 foot radius/area at level one plus 5 feet per level.
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Range: 25 feet per level, all targets within the area (at level 3 and beyond, the character can select specific targets within range)
3. Severe Nausea.
4. Revulsion.

There was a guy who lived in the same college dorm as me that had this power...
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

3. Severe Nausea.
4. Revulsion.

maybe it could be activated by taking of your shoes & socks?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:

3. Severe Nausea.
4. Revulsion.

was it yourself? LOL
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

NMI wrote:
Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:

3. Severe Nausea.
4. Revulsion.

was it yourself? LOL

Ha, at least then I would have likely been immune to the stench. :-(
taalismn
Priest

Matter Expulsion: Pico-Missiles(Major)
“Is that a SAM in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?”

Whether it’s some form of internal nanotech or technowizardry, the superbeing is able to shoot small self-propelled ‘smart’ projectiles from his hands or forearms typically(but can also fire them from his chest or back). These projectles appear as small guided missiles that home in on a target like larger military ordnance, using whatever targeting media the character specifies.
Range: 1,000 ft +100 ft per level of experience
Damage: 1d6 per level of experience
Rate of Fire: Can fire as many volleys as the character has hand to hand attacks, but cannot exceed the maximum payload. Can volley the missiles as they see fit or launch the maximum payload all at once.
Payload: Can generate as many pico-missiles as they have P.E. points per every 30 minutes. So a character with 15 PE can create 15 pico-missiles per 30 minutes, and fire them off one at a time, in volleys, or all 15 at once.
Pico-Missiles CAN be stockpiled internally; though the stockpile numbers cannot exceed the character’s P.E. x5. Stockpiling, however, carries a risk beyond the base minimum number of pico-missiles. For every increment of the P.E. beyond baseline stockpiled, there is a 5% chance (up to a maximum 20%) of the pico-missiles being prematurely detonated if the character gets nailed with a critical strike(example: Arsenal has 20 P.E. and has internally stockpiled 100 pico-missiles, fairly bulging himself with his missile armaments. Unfortunately, Death-Sting nails him with a Natural 20, and rolls a 3 for the chance of a chain-fire. With each pico-missile doing a potential 1d6 MD, or more, the magazine fire does a minimum of 100 points of damage...leaving Arsenal a smoking crater in the ground and a drifting mushroom cloud).
Bonuses: Each pico-missile gets a +3 to strike, +1 per every three levels of experience.
Saves: Pico-Missiles CAN be dodged as normal. They can also be jammed, if the target(s) can identify the guidance type and have the means to jam or decoy the pico-missiles. Jammed missiles lose their bonuses and must be manual targeted(no bonus to strike).
Special:
-Guidance---The superbeing can specify the type of guidance used by the pico-missiles, declaring the type(radar, thermal-IR, laser-optical, anti-radiation, magic-homing, sonar, etc.) currently being used at the beginning of a turn. The character starts out with 1 available guidance type at level one, and can add another type every three levels of experience.
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

taalismn wrote:Matter Expulsion: Pico-Missiles(Major)

Whether it’s some form of internal nanotech or technowizardry, the superbeing is able to shoot small self-propelled ‘smart’ projectiles from his hands or forearms. These projectles appear as small guided missiles that home in on a target like larger military ordnance, using whatever targeting media the character specifies.
Range: 1,000 ft +10 ft per level of experience
Rate of Fire: Can fire as many volleys as the character has hand to hand attacks, but cannot exceed the maximum payload. Can volley the missiles as they see fit or launch the maximum payload all at once.
Payload: Can generate as many pico-missiles as they have P.E. points per every 30 minutes. So a character with 15 PE can create 15 pico-missiles per 30 minutes, and fire them off one at a time, in volleys, or all 15 at once.
Pico-Missiles CAN be stockpiled internally; though the stockpile numbers cannot exceed the character’s P.E. x5. Stockpiling, however, carries a risk beyond the base minimum number of pico-missiles. For every increment of the P.E. beyond baseline stockpiled, there is a 5% chance (up to a maximum 20%) of the pico-missiles being prematurely detonated if the character gets nailed with a critical strike(example: Arsenal has 20 P.E. and has internally stockpiled 100 pico-missiles, fairly bulging himself with his missile armaments. Unfortunately, Death-Sting nails him with a Natural 20, and rolls a 3 for the chance of a chain-fire. With each pico-missile doing a potential 1d6 MD, or more, the magazine fire does a minimum of 100 points of damage...leaving Arsenal a smoking crater in the ground and a drifting mushroom cloud).
Bonuses: Each pico-missile gets a +3 to strike, +1 per every three levels of experience.
Saves: Pico-Missiles CAN be dodged as normal. They can also be jammed, if the target(s) can identify the guidance type and have the means to jam or decoy the pico-missiles. Jammed missiles lose their bonuses and must be manual targeted(no bonus to strike).
Special:
-Guidance---The superbeing can specify the type of guidance used by the pico-missiles, declaring the type(radar, thermal-IR, laser-optical, anti-radiation, magic-homing, sonar, etc.) currently being used at the beginning of a turn. The character starts out with 1 available guidance type at level one, and can add another type every three levels of experience.

That power is sweeeeeet!
taalismn
Priest

Projective Pivot(Minor)
“I prefer to have trouble heading AWAY from my direction.”

This power allows the possessor to create an extremely localized area of warped space/time that simply alters the physical attitude of an object on it. This means that an object(person, vehicle, or object) on the ‘pivot point’ can be rotated to leave the pivot point moving in a wholly new direction, without loss of speed or direction. The superbeing attempting this feat must make a successful roll to strike and declare in advance how much of a deviation from original heading they are moving the target in both the vertical and horizontal axis. A successful strike means the target’s heading is altered accordingly.
Projective Pivot (Minor) CAN affect flying objects(Captain Concorde look out!).
Range: 100 ft +10 ft per level of experience
Damage/Effect: The superbeing can alter the heading of any object not embedded or otherwise cemented to the ground. The superbeing can affect objects weighing as many tons as the superbeing has P.S. points(adjust correspondingly for Superhuman and Supernatural P.S. ratings). So a superbeing with a P.S. of 15 can change the heading of a 15-ton truck in motion.
Saves: The Pivot Point will AUTOMATICALLY hit a stationary person or object(as long as the superbeing has a clear line of sight on them).
Hitting a moving object requires a ‘To Strike’ roll. If the intended target is aware of ranged attacks being directed at them, they may attempt to make the feat harder by deliberately dodging and weaving, in which case it’s a straightout strike-vs-dodge.
Limitations: The end orientation of a pivot attack CANNOT have the target instantly embedded or otherwise occupying space occupied by another solid object, even though the act of pivoting may seem to pull the target THROUGH solid matter.
Example: Two 15-ft long trucks are racing, roughly two feet apart, down a narrow alley with barely a few feet of clearance on either side. The passenger of one truck makes a pivot attack on the other truck. The attacker CANNOT stipulate that the other truck ends up heading perpendicular to them, heading straight into the wall, as the ending position would have the target truck instantly sticking into both the wall and the adjacent truck. The attacker CAN, however, make the other truck appear pivoted a full 180 degrees and heading in the OPPOSITE direction it was previously going, at full speed.
Similarly, a moving ground vehicle cannot be made to pivot down into the ground or made to jump up into the air by changing its vertical orientation. Similarly, surface boats CANNOT be made to suddenly crash-dive or leap into the air(small submersible vehicles CAN be altered in direction/attitude, as long as their end position ends up with them still IN water and not sticking into the sea bottom), although aircraft in flight can be so maneuvered, provided these vehicles fit within the maximum amount of mass that Projective Pivot(Minor) can affect.

As noted above, the object being turned cannot be already firmly anchored or embedded in the ground(no turning the facing of the Statute of Liberty or buildings). Nor can the object being turned be loosely attached to anything(forget about turning the heading of that train engine, as long as it's still attached to a string of train cars); it must be turnable as a WHOLE SINGLE UNIT.
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

Whether it’s some form of internal nanotech or technowizardry, the superbeing is able to shoot small self-propelled ‘smart’ projectiles from his hands or forearms. These projectles appear as small guided missiles that home in on a target like larger military ordnance, using whatever targeting media the character specifies.
Special:

Just a quick question for clarification.. You said that the damage for each of the pico-missiles was 1d6 per level of experience, but later when talking about the chances of them blowing up internally on a critical strike, you mention that "with each pico-missile doing a potential 1d6 MD, or more, the magazine fire does a minimum of 100 points of damage...leaving Arsenal a smoking crater in the ground and a drifting mushroom cloud"

Do the missiles do SDC or MDC damage?? Pretty big difference between the two, and most likely the difference between life or death for the character who uses them or chooses to stockpile them.
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
taalismn
Priest

PapaMambo wrote:
taalismn wrote:Matter Expulsion: Pico-Missiles(Major).

Just a quick question for clarification.. You said that the damage for each of the pico-missiles was 1d6 per level of experience, but later when talking about the chances of them blowing up internally on a critical strike, you mention that "with each pico-missile doing a potential 1d6 MD, or more, the magazine fire does a minimum of 100 points of damage...leaving Arsenal a smoking crater in the ground and a drifting mushroom cloud"

Do the missiles do SDC or MDC damage?? Pretty big difference between the two, and most likely the difference between life or death for the character who uses them or chooses to stockpile them.

Since this is Heroes Unlimited, I default to SDC...but leave it to the individual GM running a crossover campaign if they want the missiles to do SDC or MDC(many canon power conversions convert weapon damage and personal SDC to MDC on a one-to-one point basis). Either way, if the character's missiles do MDC and he's SDC or MDC, unless he's got a power like Imvulnerability with several hundred SDC to convert to MDC, all those missiles going off is still going to HURT(okay, or kill him outright).

It's a balance, since a character with enough experience and P.E. to generate missiles can quickly become game overkill through the use of the missile-spam barrage.
If Arsenal got to 10th level...well. scary time: 1d6x10 SD/MD per missile x100 and he fires all off....that's 1,000-6,000 total damage in one barrage. Wipe out a city block. the entire alien death squad, and the GM's adventure plan.

Then why allow stockpiling at all if it's a game hazard? Because it's a calculated risk. Have plenty of firepower to keep chucking at the bad guys, or play it safe and husband a smaller 'safe' supply of projectiles? Use it all early before somebody nails you hard or save it for later and try not to get hit? Some folks WILL load up for multiple barrage capability.

Besides, if you ever saw the movie "I'm Gonna Get You, Suckah", you'll remember the scene where the 'Seven Street Samurai' load up for the final showdown, the weapons expert strapping a godawful amount of guns and ammo to his body....then trips on a stray cartridge, resulting in a chain fire that takes him out action even before they meet the bad guys.
Classic gun-fumble. :bandit: :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

taalismn wrote:Projective Pivot(Minor)

Pardon the Snippage.

Can we pivot a target to go upwards? If so, we could murder a great deal with this power. Likewise pivoting something downwards could be disastrous.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Whether it’s some form of internal nanotech or technowizardry, the superbeing is able to shoot small self-propelled ‘smart’ projectiles from his hands or forearms typically(but can also fire them from his chest or back). These projectles appear as small guided missiles that home in on a target like larger military ordnance, using whatever targeting media the character specifies.
Special:

I would have gone with +100 feet per level of experience for the range instead of +10 feet, as only 10 feet seems really low for a bonus for level. Otherwise it looks good.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[I would have gone with +100 feet per level of experience for the range instead of +10 feet, as only 10 feet seems really low for a bonus for level. Otherwise it looks good.

"Sir, he's firing those damn pixie-missiles at us!" :shock:
"Don't be concerned, those things only have a range of about a thousand feet! We're more than a fifteen hundred feet aw----"

By your command. Range increase implemented. :bandit:
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Iczer wrote:
taalismn wrote:Projective Pivot(Minor)

Pardon the Snippage.

Can we pivot a target to go upwards? If so, we could murder a great deal with this power. Likewise pivoting something downwards could be disastrous.

Batts

That CANNOT be done with ground objects, and is so noted, or boats for that matter. Aircraft? Unfortunately for the flier; YES. Hence my remark about Captain Concorde. Imagine steering a (small) jet fighter into its wingmate, or into the ground... :twisted:

As I'm able, I'll come out witrh the (Major) version of this power. You'll see some serious mayhem then. :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Orbital Arse-Kick(Minor)
“Well...I think Power-Lass is going to probably come down in Australia. Which oughta give you a head start to run because she’s gonna be MAD when she gets back, especially after that little dittie you were singing when you kicked her...”

This power allows the superbeing to hit his target with one serious arse-kicking with super hang-time. The target of an OA-K will be lofted an incredible distance, forcing them to abandon a fight or struggle to get back to it. This power is a great way to temporarily remove a person from combat or as a finishing move on an already defeated opponent, but the real damage is the humiliating nature of the attack.
A variant on this power is Orbital Uppercut, which applies only to punches, and can only target a person’s jaw.

Range: Melee
Damage: None; just very painful.
The superbeing can kick a target equal in weight equal to what they can lift a distance equal to their P.Sx10 ft. 50% further for Extraordinary Strength, DOUBLE the distance for Superhuman Strength, TRIPLE distance for Supernatural P.S..
DOUBLE distance on a Critical Strike(Roll of Natural 20).
There’s also a shock component to the attack. The victim must save versus psionics; on a successful save, the victim is mildly stunned and only loses initiative and 1 APM while flying through the air(and thus can take measures towards a safe landing or activate a relevant superpower like Flying). On an unsuccessful save, the victim is in some serious pain from the arse-kicking; -10 to strike, parry, dodge, and roll, HALF APMs, Speed and skill proficiencies, and lose initiative for (kicker’s P.S./2) minutes afterwards.
Also, as a result of the OA-K, the victim must roll a 12 or better to avoid flinching in pain every time they sit down, for (kicker’s P.S./2) days afterwards, from lingering soreness(Reduce by HALF if the victim has a super-healing ability).

Saves: Dodge!
Bonuses: +1 to strike with a kick on levels 3, 6, 9, and 12.
Note: There's a 50% chance of the victim's flight being marked with a contrail.

Limitations:
-Specific Target---OA-K can only be applied to the (identifiable) backside of a target, and can only be a kick. Thus, the superbeing cannot, for instance, kick his target in the groin or face using this power(would do normal damage). They must attack from BEHIND.

-Non-lethal---However powerful the kicker, the kickee CANNOT die from the direct application of an Orbital Arse-Kick. This doesn’t mean that it’s not going to HURT, or that the victim isn’t going to take damage from anything they’re kicked THROUGH or INTO.
OA-K does NO additional damage on landing, as long as the person has a clear line of flight for the maximum distance of the attack. They DO, however, take additional damage if their flight path is interrupted. So a supervillian being punched for 200 ft will come to a (relatively) soft, if painful, landing(in a park, bouncing off pavement, splashdown in the river) but if that 200 ft intersects a skyscraper, an errant aircraft, or a wall in the intervening distance, they take damage from the collision.
Resolve damage for a collision the same as for a kick with the kicker’s strength.
Last edited by taalismn on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Orbital Arse-Kick(Minor)
“Well...I think Power-Lass is going to probably come down in Australia. Which oughta give you a head start to run because she’s gonna be MAD when she gets back, especially after that little dittie you were singing when you kicked her...”

This power allows the superbeing to hit his target with one serious arse-kicking with super hang-time. The target of an OA-K will be lofted an incredible distance, forcing them to abandon a fight or struggle to get back to it. This power is a great way to temporarily remove a person from combat or as a finishing move on an already defeated opponent, but the real damage is the humiliating nature of the attack.
A variant on this power is Orbital Uppercut, which applies only to punches, and can only target a person’s jaw.

The superbeing can kick a target equal in weight equal to what they can lift a distance equal to their P.Sx10 ft. DOUBLE the distance for Superhuman Strength, TRIPLE distance for Supernatural P.S..
There’s also a shock component to the attack. The victim must save versus psionics; on a successful save, the victim is mildly stunned and only loses initiative and 1 APM while flying through the air(and thus can take measures towards a safe landing or activate a relevant superpower like Flying). On an unsuccessful save, the victim is in some serious pain from the arse-kicking; -10 to strike, parry, dodge, and roll, HALF APMs, Speed and skill proficiencies, and lose initiative for (kicker’s P.S./2) minutes afterwards.
Also, as a result of the OA-K, the victim must roll a 12 or better to avoid flinching in pain every time they sit down, for (kicker’s P.S./2) days afterwards, from lingering soreness(Reduce by HALF if the victim has a super-healing ability).

Limitations:
-Specific Target---OA-K can only be applied to the (identifiable) backside of a target, and can only be a kick. Thus, the superbeing cannot, for instance, kick his target in the groin or face using this power(would do normal damage). They must attack from BEHIND.

-Non-lethal---However powerful the kicker, the kickee CANNOT die from the direct application of an Orbital Arse-Kick. This doesn’t mean that it’s not going to HURT, or that the victim isn’t going to take damage from anything they’re kicked THROUGH or INTO.
OA-K does NO additional damage on landing, as long as the person has a clear line of flight for the maximum distance of the attack. They DO, however, take additional damage if their flight path is interrupted. So a supervillian being punched for 200 ft will come to a (relatively) soft, if painful, landing(in a park, bouncing off pavement, splashdown in the river) but if that 200 ft intersects a skyscraper, an errant aircraft, or a wall in the intervening distance, they take damage from the collision.
Resolve damage for a collision the same as for a kick with the kicker’s strength.

Would the range not be touch instead of melee? Also, I think this would inflict damage as normal for the character's normal kick damage and should do damage upon landing, unless this power somehow negates the laws of physics.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[Would the range not be touch instead of melee? Also, I think this would inflict damage as normal for the character's normal kick damage and should do damage upon landing, unless this power somehow negates the laws of physics.

My bad...I consider 'Melee' to BE contact/touch.
And it's more of a sight gag power(hence the Minor category). It's more of an anime-inspired "just got thrown over the horizon, but essentially okay :ugh: " power than a hard physics aircraft catapult launch used on a human being(in which case, the target would most likely end up as a big red smear). However, if you WANT to kick somebody into the twenty-first floor of a high-rise building or into the jet intake of a passing jet... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:[Would the range not be touch instead of melee? Also, I think this would inflict damage as normal for the character's normal kick damage and should do damage upon landing, unless this power somehow negates the laws of physics.

And it's more of a sight gag power(hence the Minor category). It's more of an anime-inspired "just got thrown over the horizon, but essentially okay :ugh: " power than a hard physics aircraft catapult launch used on a human being(in which case, the target would most likely end up as a big red smear). However, if you WANT to kick somebody into the twenty-first floor of a high-rise building or into the jet intake of a passing jet... :twisted:
It seems to me that the ability to defy such physics makes it more of a Major. Limiting the damage to limit it to a minor might work if the range the person thrown were less. You could essentially use this power on an ally to throw them to reach the enemy rather than throw them out of battle as well, could you not?
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

It seems to me that the ability to defy such physics makes it more of a Major. Limiting the damage to limit it to a minor might work if the range the person thrown were less. You could essentially use this power on an ally to throw them to reach the enemy rather than throw them out of battle as well, could you not?

That's actually a pretty good idea that I would never have thought of SG.. I'm always amazed how people can figure out new ways of using powers that were probably beyond what the original OP had in mind.

Think of it. A hostage crisis in a high rise office building. A PC with Multiple Beings/Selves or Swarm Self, butt kicking his clones up 30 stories, each with a bomb strapped to themselves, or each with an assault rifle (mini though it may be). Instant S.W.A.T Team storming the terrorists...
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

taalismn wrote:Orbital Arse-Kick(Minor)

The superbeing can kick a target equal in weight equal to what they can lift a distance equal to their P.Sx10 ft. DOUBLE the distance for Superhuman Strength, TRIPLE distance for Supernatural P.S..

Limitations:

so a person with EO PS would hit a person just as far as someone with normal PS?
Staying with your numbers, I suggest the following..
Normal PS: PS*10 feet
EO PS: PS*10*0.5 [ie: +50%]
SH PS: PS*10*2
SN PS: PS*10*3
taalismn
Priest

NMI wrote:[qso a person with EO PS would hit a person just as far as someone with normal PS?
Staying with your numbers, I suggest the following..
Normal PS: PS*10 feet
EO PS: PS*10*0.5 [ie: +50%]
SH PS: PS*10*2
SN PS: PS*10*3

Thank you!
I've added that correction to OP.

As for the advice that the physics-bending aspect and multiple uses should class it as a Major, rather than a Minor, I contend that there are already physics-bending Minor powers, and that, with sufficient imagination, many Minors can be used in ways not explicitly stated in their description(like using Leaping to do a death-from-above attack or to add more power to supplexing somebody into the ground).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Enhanced Lifting.
this power if taken as a minor power doubles a heroes lifting/carrying capacity.
this power if taken as a major power power increases lifting capacity by ten times.
in either case hand to hand damage remains unaffected also throwing range remains unaffected.
if this power is combined with Supernatural strength the hero gains the mega ability of deathblow(16-20) must announce intent to kill.
if a megahero chooses this power they gain double damage dice(not ps bonus to attack) from melee attacks. this bonus only applies to megaheroes. if combined with tremendous strength they get the normal deathblow and a new ability KNOCKDOWN on any successful strike(8-20)
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

With all the other benefits it makes no sense to NOT increase their throwing range.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Sir_Spirit wrote:With all the other benefits it makes no sense to NOT increase their throwing range.

I was thinking with supernatural strength you can throw your max lift a range of one foot per point of Ps. so throwing 25tons 50 feet seemed plenty far enough.
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

PapaMambo wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say Video Game View would be a Major, Inverted Immunity a Minor and Power Borker would be a Major, at least that's how I would allow them in a campaign.. But it's just a guess until Senator Cybus chimes in..

I can’t believe no one’s done this one yet, so here is a power honoring my favorite chef of all time.

Power Borker {major} By Roscoe Del’Tane
Yah gerstein le borkborkbork!

This is an odd version of the APS powers; it turns the character into a miniaturized version of themselves, one that is unable to speak coherently with others (though they are able to understand all other forms of speech they knew before the transformation). When transformed, they appear as a diminutive chef (the transformation changes their clothes into the chefs apron/jacket and pants, and hat; if they have no clothes, they use Borkerspace Utensils to create some) about 4 feet tall, with massive but highly expressive eyebrows, eyes that are squinted nearly shut, a bulbous nose, and semi-jaundiced skin tone.

The character using this power pulls some characteristics off of cartoon characters, from which they gain their powers. This power is bestowed upon the recipient by an Alien Intelligence from a universe of cartoon beings as a means of exploring the multiverse.

1) Borkerspace Utensils: By simply reaching behind their back (or what would be ‘off-screen’ to someone watching, essentially wherever they can’t see the Power Borkers’ hands), the Borker can summon any form muscle powered kitchen implement and non-powered hand tool, from bowls and whisks, to butcher knives and cookie sheets, to hammers and saws. These implements are all indestructible, razor sharp if (and where) applicable, and count as minor magical objects. The Borker can pull one item for every action they spend, if they are pulling knives they can pull and strike/throw in one motion.
Damage: 2d6 for butcher knives, meat tenderizers and the like, 2d4 for large ladles and serving utensils and cookie trays, and 1d4 for everything else (as they are either too small/ill-designed for use as a weapon).

2) Borker Artillery Piece: Every so often, you run into a situation where you just can’t deal with a problem with whisks and measuring cups, then you need something a little heavier. Using Borkspace, the Borker can pull out a blunderbuss (or shotgun, massive pistol, crossbow, slingshot, any large, single-shot long range weapon). At levels 1-3, this can only be done once every five minutes, at levels 4-6 it can be done once per minute, 7-9 every thirty seconds, levels 10+ can be done once per melee round; regardless of character level it counts as two attacks.
Damage: Each Borkers Artillery attack does 1d6x10 damage, plus 1d6 per level above one.
Range: is 300 feet, +20 feet per additional level (note that the flight of the projectile is as straight as a ruler here, no rising or dropping of the shot due to wind or other atmospheric conditions). The Borker rolls to strike on an unmodified roll, unless they take a weapon proficiency in the weapon the Borker will use.

3) Borker Stamina: When the character is Borked, they have their hit points doubled and added to their S.D.C. for the duration of the Borking. While Borked, the character heals 3d4 S.D.C. per melee round, and is immune to attacks that would decapitate or de-limb them (the characted still takes damage and feels the pain, it just fails to sever the area); the Borker would twist out of the way enough to avoid dismemberment, but not the whole blow (like someone might be able to avoid being kicked in the crotch, but only by taking it on the thigh instead). While Borked, the character CANNOT be killed permanently, as the force driving the Borking won’t allow it; instead the character is just knocked out and un-Borks for 5 minutes, without a chance to re-Bork for 2d4x5 minutes after they wake up.

4) Uther Borking Stuff:
*The character can only Bork-out for 30 minutes per level 24 hour period, at the end of the time limit, they automatically revert back (if the character is normally under four feet tall, they ‘inflate’ up to four feet when they Bork-out). Make sure that you aren’t in an enclosed space when you time runs out.

*The character gains the generic Cooking skill at 90% and ONE of the following when Borked: Foreign Cuisine (of the alleged nation they are Borking), sauté chef, fish chef, roast chef, pastry chef, or swing chef; each of these other than swing is taken at a 90% skill and at a professional level, swing is taken at 75% and professional level. Swing is at a lower level as they sacrifice specialization for generalization. While Borked, the character can prepare foods in a fraction of the time necessary under normal conditions, like making a cake in ten minutes, in omelette in seconds, but only if they used their Borkerspace Utensils during preparation; the flip side to this, is that they tend to make a huge mess (if not flat out destroy) the kitchen/workspace they use.

*Language du Borken skill: 98% this character, whether they are Borked or not, can understand anyone else who is Borked as if the other person is speaking their native language. On the flip side, when they are Borked, if no one else has this power, they have Native Language 45%; there is lots of gibberish, interspersed with words that migh be something important. When Borked, the character needs to keep things simple and they might need to use pantomime. Note that this also applies to their WRITING and reading skills when Borked.

*Bodee li Borken: When the character is Borked, they don’t need to breath, even to talk, they simply move their lips and sound comes out, this renders them immune to gas attacks (at least those that require inhalation, skin absorbed or acidic gasses will still work).

Their bodyweight is also cut to one third normal, but their speed is increased by 50%.

They are assumed to have all appropriate skills for using Borkerspace Utensils as weapons, and do so at one skill level greater than their current one. They can parry any melee attack with these items at no penalty.

Finally, they have the minor power of energy resistance, first 20 points of damage per melee round is zero, half damage after that.

Borken dah Notesyes: Any of the Borkerspace Utensils used will fade out of existence at the end of the melee round after they are released by the character. So long as the character touches them at least once per melee round, they will continue to stay in existence (good for keeping some alien monster pinned to a wall)
The Borkerspace Utensil bowls and such could theoretically make invulnerable armor, but they A) don’t fit on the body very well, and B) still transmit energy very well, so any attempt is doomed to very painful failure. Pot and pan lids, however can be used as make-shift shields to great effect.
When the character is Borked, the Player should use gibberish when describing what they are going to do AS the character. Pre-planning with everybody would be a good idea.
When the character wants to assume their Borked form, it normally takes place instantly, same with their reversion. If they wish to, so as not to frighten people, they can slow it down, so the changes take place over a melee round.

Hope there’s not too much here for a major power guys, and sorry for my prolonged absence. I have a couple more majors in the works, and hope to post them here later today or tomorrow. See you then! :D
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

All right, here we go, once more unto the breach my friends!
Cold Fire {Major} by Roscoe Del’Tane
”That’s your weakness Commander Crushinator, you underestimate the little things.”

The character with this ability is granted access to an exotic energy not found naturally in their dimension. The energy comes from a non-sentient but living energy being (like wasps, or cats, its alive but not a thinking person) that has bestowed a fraction of their essence to people in this new place. The entity has a hard time understanding wanting to hurt others, as its home dimension is filled by beings who are empathic, and able to feed without harming others, and so won’t give any directly offensive abilities. This energy responds to the intentions of the wielder, and does so by non-standard interactions with matter, and altering the strengths of molecular and atomic bonds.
1) Aura of Flame: The character is able to summon forth the cold fire to surround their body in a nimbus of energy to protect themselves from attack/atmosphere problems. The user is wreathed from head to foot in blue fire (albeit fire that doesn’t burn others), which will ‘burn off’ incoming attacks and airborne impurities.
The Aura will give a person 20 S.D.C. of protection from attacks per melee round, plus 1d4 per even level of advancement. The Aura will protect against all attacks, whether they are physical, energy, magical, psychic, gas, or any combination of the above.
Melee attacks and obstructions that contact the Aura will take 3d4 damage per melee round, but this damage is not added to any attacks made by the user. Gasses that touch the Aura are ‘purified’ into whatever the wielder needs to breath.
Every Third level, the wielder can bring ONE other person into the Aura with them.
This ability costs two actions to activate, but can be maintained indefinitely without effort, so long as the wielder is awake, cannot be kept up asleep or unconscious. Be warned, this will not protect you against the LACK of an atmosphere, or alterations in gravity, and you can still be buried/caught in traps.

2) Flame Enhancement: The wielder of the Cold Flame can strengthen and alter the atomic/molecular bonds of any item they are holding/wearing. With this ability, you can take something take is a normal and inoffensive item and turn it into a dangerous weapon.
Clothing can be enhanced into acting as armor, with 45 base S.D.C. (plus 1d6 per level). This costs one action to activate and can be maintained without effort for up to one hour per level at a time.
Armor can be enhanced with extra S.D.C. identical to the clothing example, and changing its AR into a Natural Armor Rating. This costs two actions to activate, one action to maintain, and will only work for 15 minutes per level. In M.D.C. areas, S.D.C. armor us boosted to its Mega-Damage equivalent, but without the extra Damage Capacity
Melee Weapons can be infused with Cold Fire, becoming unbreakable, and essentially Kisentite weaponry. In M.D.C. settings, weapons already made out of Kisentite do their base damage as Mega-Damage. This costs one four actions to accomplish, takes up two actions per melee, and it only lasts for 5 minutes per level at a time. Alternatively, one non-weapon item can be made unbreakable for two actions indefinitely, so long as it not used as a weapon against animals (mammals, lizards, birds, etc. insects and plants don’t count).
3) Flame Shield-Wall: The wielder can create a wall of Cold Flame to block off an area or pen people up. The wall can be as much as 30 feet tall and fifty feet long; note that the wall does NOT have to be a straight line, it can bend and meander, or even have arches and doorways in it, to herd people where the wielder wants them. If there is ‘extra area’ in the wall space, you can cause it to mold itself along the ceiling and floors, preventing anybody from trying to dig or smash their way through. Just touching the wall (or ceiling and floor, if applicable) won’t cause damage, but will make the area in contact tingle semi-unpleasantly.
It costs ALL of the creators’ actions that melee round to put up, and must be their FIRST action, and every melee that it stays up costs half of their actions to maintain. Those trying to pass through the wall without the creators permission take 3d6 damage (plus 1d6 per odd level), and must make a save vs psychic attack or be knocked back inside and knocked out.

4) Purify Person: If the wielder of the Cold Flame or someone they know is poisoned/infected, they have a chance to use the Cold Flame to ‘burn out’ the offending bits. With poison, they need a sample to hold onto (enough to make a puddle the size of a dime), then channel the Cold Flame into their hands, and then into the person to purify. This will grant the person poisoned an extra chance to make the save with a +5 bonus; if it’s successful, then poison is all burned out of them and purified into a form that is non-damaged to their body. If it’s not successful, they take the normal amount of damage, but the time is halved, and the Cold Flame cannot try again for 5 minutes (any faster and it would damage the person’s body, said body needs a chance to ‘purge the residue’ if you will).
With infections and disease, this can only be tried on the wielders body, but it’s the essentially same thing, one chance at +5 to save, but it will take 5 hours for their body to reset, due to the higher difficulty. Whether the wielder is attempting to purge poison or infection it takes 10 minutes, and that takes up ALL of their actions during that time, and no other powers can be used during that time.

5) Odds and Ends: When the cold fire is being used, it emits a flat blue light, roughly equal in strength to a 65 watt bulb in all directions. The light is a bit washed out, and causes stark shadows with very sharp lines of delineation. The light flickers and billows, just like real flames would, only it’s not effected by water, wind, and objects/people passing through it. When it is used to enhance an item, then said item glows with the power, with ripples of shadow passing through it, and occasionally small ‘tongues’ of flame lapping out. The flame won’t ignite flammable gasses or burn objects because, as said before, it has an exotic extra-dimensional energy source, and said source dislikes directly damaging things. Those touching it report that is feels “like silk made into mist”, or “Sunlight made liquid”. While this energy is mostly on the physical plain, it can damage ectoplasmic entities and ghosts, but at ¼ the normal rate.

I've got two more powers, but will be posting them later. Hope this one isn't too powerful!
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:All right, here we go, once more unto the breach my friends!
Cold Fire {Major} by Roscoe Del’Tane
”That’s your weakness Commander Crushinator, you underestimate the little things.”

The character with this ability is granted access to an exotic energy not found naturally in their dimension. The energy comes from a non-sentient but living energy being (like wasps, or cats, its alive but not a thinking person) that has bestowed a fraction of their essence to people in this new place. The entity has a hard time understanding wanting to hurt others, as its home dimension is filled by beings who are empathic, and able to feed without harming others, and so won’t give any directly offensive abilities. This energy responds to the intentions of the wielder, and does so by non-standard interactions with matter, and altering the strengths of molecular and atomic bonds.
1) Aura of Flame: The character is able to summon forth the cold fire to surround their body in a nimbus of energy to protect themselves from attack/atmosphere problems. The user is wreathed from head to foot in blue fire (albeit fire that doesn’t burn others), which will ‘burn off’ incoming attacks and airborne impurities.
The Aura will give a person 20 S.D.C. of protection from attacks per melee round, plus 1d4 per even level of advancement. The Aura will protect against all attacks, whether they are physical, energy, magical, psychic, gas, or any combination of the above.
Melee attacks and obstructions that contact the Aura will take 3d4 damage per melee round, but this damage is not added to any attacks made by the user. Gasses that touch the Aura are ‘purified’ into whatever the wielder needs to breath.
Every Third level, the wielder can bring ONE other person into the Aura with them.
This ability costs two actions to activate, but can be maintained indefinitely without effort, so long as the wielder is awake, cannot be kept up asleep or unconscious. Be warned, this will not protect you against the LACK of an atmosphere, or alterations in gravity, and you can still be buried/caught in traps.

2) Flame Enhancement: The wielder of the Cold Flame can strengthen and alter the atomic/molecular bonds of any item they are holding/wearing. With this ability, you can take something take is a normal and inoffensive item and turn it into a dangerous weapon.
Clothing can be enhanced into acting as armor, with 45 base S.D.C. (plus 1d6 per level). This costs one action to activate and can be maintained without effort for up to one hour per level at a time.
Armor can be enhanced with extra S.D.C. identical to the clothing example, and changing its AR into a Natural Armor Rating. This costs two actions to activate, one action to maintain, and will only work for 15 minutes per level. In M.D.C. areas, S.D.C. armor us boosted to its Mega-Damage equivalent, but without the extra Damage Capacity
Melee Weapons can be infused with Cold Fire, becoming unbreakable, and essentially Kisentite weaponry. In M.D.C. settings, weapons already made out of Kisentite do their base damage as Mega-Damage. This costs one four actions to accomplish, takes up two actions per melee, and it only lasts for 5 minutes per level at a time. Alternatively, one non-weapon item can be made unbreakable for two actions indefinitely, so long as it not used as a weapon against animals (mammals, lizards, birds, etc. insects and plants don’t count).
3) Flame Shield-Wall: The wielder can create a wall of Cold Flame to block off an area or pen people up. The wall can be as much as 30 feet tall and fifty feet long; note that the wall does NOT have to be a straight line, it can bend and meander, or even have arches and doorways in it, to herd people where the wielder wants them. If there is ‘extra area’ in the wall space, you can cause it to mold itself along the ceiling and floors, preventing anybody from trying to dig or smash their way through. Just touching the wall (or ceiling and floor, if applicable) won’t cause damage, but will make the area in contact tingle semi-unpleasantly.
It costs ALL of the creators’ actions that melee round to put up, and must be their FIRST action, and every melee that it stays up costs half of their actions to maintain. Those trying to pass through the wall without the creators permission take 3d6 damage (plus 1d6 per odd level), and must make a save vs psychic attack or be knocked back inside and knocked out.

4) Purify Person: If the wielder of the Cold Flame or someone they know is poisoned/infected, they have a chance to use the Cold Flame to ‘burn out’ the offending bits. With poison, they need a sample to hold onto (enough to make a puddle the size of a dime), then channel the Cold Flame into their hands, and then into the person to purify. This will grant the person poisoned an extra chance to make the save with a +5 bonus; if it’s successful, then poison is all burned out of them and purified into a form that is non-damaged to their body. If it’s not successful, they take the normal amount of damage, but the time is halved, and the Cold Flame cannot try again for 5 minutes (any faster and it would damage the person’s body, said body needs a chance to ‘purge the residue’ if you will).
With infections and disease, this can only be tried on the wielders body, but it’s the essentially same thing, one chance at +5 to save, but it will take 5 hours for their body to reset, due to the higher difficulty. Whether the wielder is attempting to purge poison or infection it takes 10 minutes, and that takes up ALL of their actions during that time, and no other powers can be used during that time.

5) Odds and Ends: When the cold fire is being used, it emits a flat blue light, roughly equal in strength to a 65 watt bulb in all directions. The light is a bit washed out, and causes stark shadows with very sharp lines of delineation. The light flickers and billows, just like real flames would, only it’s not effected by water, wind, and objects/people passing through it. When it is used to enhance an item, then said item glows with the power, with ripples of shadow passing through it, and occasionally small ‘tongues’ of flame lapping out. The flame won’t ignite flammable gasses or burn objects because, as said before, it has an exotic extra-dimensional energy source, and said source dislikes directly damaging things. Those touching it report that is feels “like silk made into mist”, or “Sunlight made liquid”. While this energy is mostly on the physical plain, it can damage ectoplasmic entities and ghosts, but at ¼ the normal rate.

I've got two more powers, but will be posting them later. Hope this one isn't too powerful!
It comes close, though I don't really see much attack capability, unless I am missing something, so it isn't. Now, if you had it add to damage and do a bunch on damage related attacks it could definitely be taken as too powerful.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Mephisto wrote:This is a question for Gryphon Chick: Do you have any more Create Elemental Entity Powers? Cause Storm Cloud is cool, and I could see Living Trees, Roving Mud, Jumping Flame, Eroding Water, and other facets of elemental powers also being done in that similar model.
I don't have any written as of yet, but if you like I can see about trying to do more of them. I was not aware that anyone really cared for them, but since you seem to like them I shall endeavor to create more of them.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Ferzth
D-Bee

Unread post by Ferzth »

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Mephisto wrote:This is a question for Gryphon Chick: Do you have any more Create Elemental Entity Powers? Cause Storm Cloud is cool, and I could see Living Trees, Roving Mud, Jumping Flame, Eroding Water, and other facets of elemental powers also being done in that similar model.
I don't have any written as of yet, but if you like I can see about trying to do more of them. I was not aware that anyone really cared for them, but since you seem to like them I shall endeavor to create more of them.

Hello all,

I am a long-time lurker and a first-time poster to the HU Powers Forum. The type and depth of powers that I have seen (and used) these last 129 pages have been awesome. Thanks. I have been waiting, not so patiently, for Gryphon Chick to post more Create Elemental Entity powers, but, alas, silence. So I thought I'd give it a shot.

This is my first attempt at power creation (emulation/copying) of a continuation of Gryphon Chick's work on the Create Elemental Entity powers, in this case, Create Elemental Entity: Firestorm. Tip of the hat to Gryphon Chick for Create Elemental Entity: Storm Cloud (awesome power).

This power combines aspects of Create Elemental Entity: Storm Cloud, Create Elemental Entity: Tornado, Alter Physical Structure: Fire, Control Elemental Force: Fire, Rainmaker, and judicious use of the wiki on firestorms and pyrocumulous clouds. This is not so much a 'new' power as it is taking elements of many powers to create something in the vein of Create Elemental Entity.

Comments and criticisms are more than welcome. If I am stepping on anyone's toes by borrowing their work, and I have not cited them/their powers here, please let me know.

CREATE ELEMENTAL ENTITY: FIRESTORM [Major] by Ferzth, Gryphon Chick, et al
You see before you a roiling cloud of fire and smoke, with large hungry eyes, given terrible sentience by the power of the mind.

The character can generate an artificial firestorm that is self-aware. It will follow the commands of the character, generally, but may do as it sees fit. On the ground, the firestorm takes the shape of a continuous roiling mushroom cloud 10 feet tall and 10 feet in diameter, shot through with red and yellow fire, ash, and smoke. In the air, it takes the form of a ball of fire, ash and smoke, 10 feet in diameter.

Range: The firestorm is created within a range of a maximum distance of 300 feet from the character, plus 30 feet per level of experience, and cannot move any further than that from the character.
Area of Effect/Diameter: 10 foot diameter.
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes per level of experience. The firestorm will disappear if the character loses concentration or is knocked unconscious.
Attacks per Melee: Uses 2 melee attacks/actions to create, and 1 attack/action per melee round to maintain.
Movement Speed of Firestorm: The firestorm will move at a Speed equal to the character’s M.E. attribute number.
Damage/Effect:
    Radiated Heat: Targets caught within the area of effect experience radiated heat and oven-like temperatures which cause unbearable pain, completely blinds while in the area, cannot breathe and 3d6 points of damage every melee. Victims are -10 to strike, parry, and dodge, and have an 86% chance of passing out every melee. Combustible material will be set ablaze within 2 melees.
    Wind: The winds generated by the firestorm are 120 mph at level 1, plus 10 mph at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15, and debris sucked into the firestorm will take an additional +4 damage per 20 mph of wind speed in addition to the heat damage. The firestorm sucks in anything under its weight limit.
    Ash Cloud/Smoke: The firestorm generates a smoke/ash cloud to a radius of 30 feet. Targets caught in the smoke will have their eyes water and burn, and find it difficult to breathe (smoke inhalation). This shortness of breath and coughing imposes the following penalties: -2 attacks per melee round, -10% on skill performance and -10% on Speed attribute. Visibility is reduced to 1 foot or less (can barely see your hand in front of your face).
    Black Rain: Besides the ash cloud produced by a firestorm, under the right conditions (typically outside, near water sources, or in high-humidity environments), it can also induce condensation, forming a pyrocumulus cloud or "fire cloud". This cloud does no damage, but there is a 01 – 30% chance of slipping and falling if those moving through puddles of sludge/ash are going beyond half their movement Speed. If the elemental entity is created high in the air, its intense heat will interact with the cold atmosphere and produce black rain out to a radius of 1,000 feet and visibility will be reduced accordingly.
Weight Limits: The firestorm will pull into itself weights/movables up to 10 times the wind speed generated.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Ferzth wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:

Hello all,

I am a long-time lurker and a first-time poster to the HU Powers Forum. The type and depth of powers that I have seen (and used) these last 129 pages have been awesome. Thanks. I have been waiting, not so patiently, for Gryphon Chick to post more Create Elemental Entity powers, but, alas, silence. So I thought I'd give it a shot.
Alas, some of us have actual lives which take up a lot of our time and energy. While Gryphon Chick did intend to write more, I know for a fact that her schedule has been quite hectic and she has been unable to do so.

Ferzth wrote:This is my first attempt at power creation (emulation/copying) of a continuation of Gryphon Chick's work on the Create Elemental Entity powers, in this case, Create Elemental Entity: Firestorm. Tip of the hat to Gryphon Chick for Create Elemental Entity: Storm Cloud (awesome power).

This power combines aspects of Create Elemental Entity: Storm Cloud, Create Elemental Entity: Tornado, Alter Physical Structure: Fire, Control Elemental Force: Fire, Rainmaker, and judicious use of the wiki on firestorms and pyrocumulous clouds. This is not so much a 'new' power as it is taking elements of many powers to create something in the vein of Create Elemental Entity.

Comments and criticisms are more than welcome. If I am stepping on anyone's toes by borrowing their work, and I have not cited them/their powers here, please let me know.

You see before you a roiling cloud of fire and smoke, with large hungry eyes, given terrible sentience by the power of the mind.

The character can generate an artificial firestorm that is self-aware. It will follow the commands of the character, generally, but may do as it sees fit. On the ground, the firestorm takes the shape of a continuous roiling mushroom cloud 10 feet tall and 10 feet in diameter, shot through with red and yellow fire, ash, and smoke. In the air, it takes the form of a ball of fire, ash and smoke, 10 feet in diameter.

Range: The firestorm is created within a range of a maximum distance of 300 feet from the character, plus 30 feet per level of experience, and cannot move any further than that from the character.
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes per level of experience. The firestorm will disappear if the character loses concentration or is knocked unconscious.
Attacks per Melee: Uses 2 melee attacks/actions to create, and 1 attack/action per melee round to maintain.
Movement Speed of Firestorm: The firestorm will move at a Speed equal to the character’s M.E. attribute number.
Damage/Effect:
    Radiated Heat: Targets caught within the area of effect experience radiated heat and oven-like temperatures which cause unbearable pain, completely blinds while in the area, cannot breathe and 3d6 points of damage every melee. Victims are -10 to strike, parry, and dodge, and have an 86% chance of passing out every melee. Combustible material will be set ablaze within 2 melees.
    Wind: The winds generated by the firestorm are 120 mph at level 1, plus 10 mph at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15, and debris sucked into the firestorm will take an additional +4 damage per 20 mph of wind speed in addition to the heat damage. The firestorm sucks in anything under its weight limit.
    Ash Cloud/Smoke: The firestorm generates a smoke/ash cloud to a radius of 30 feet. Targets caught in the smoke will have their eyes water and burn, and find it difficult to breathe (smoke inhalation). This shortness of breath and coughing imposes the following penalties: -2 attacks per melee round, -10% on skill performance and -10% on Speed attribute. Visibility is reduced to 1 foot or less (can barely see your hand in front of your face).
    Black Rain: Besides the ash cloud produced by a firestorm, under the right conditions (typically outside, near water sources, or in high-humidity environments), it can also induce condensation, forming a pyrocumulus cloud or "fire cloud". This cloud does no damage, but there is a 01 – 30% chance of slipping and falling if those moving through puddles of sludge/ash are going beyond half their movement Speed. If the elemental entity is created high in the air, its intense heat will interact with the cold atmosphere and produce black rain out to a radius of 1,000 feet and visibility will be reduced accordingly.
Weight Limits: The firestorm will pull into itself weights/movables up to 10 times the wind speed generated.

Not bad. I had expected it to be overly powerful, but you seem to have done an okay job.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Charismatic Aura(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

Not to be confused with the spell of the same name (apologies, as when I wrote this I did not take a spell version into account), the character has overwhelming charisma and charm over those within range.
Range: 30 foot radius, plus 5 feet per level of experience
Duration: Constant, always on
Saving Throw: 14 or better, ME bonus applies
Effect: Those failing to save vs. the power will be affected as if the character has the equivalent of a Trust/Intimidate of +20%, Charm/Impress of +20% and a +10% to Seduction.

Courage (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character possesses a level of braveness which allows him to face danger head on with courage.
Bonuses:
* +2 to initiative at level one, +1 to initiative at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15
* +4 to save vs. Horror Factor at level one, +1 to save vs. Horror Factor at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Charismatic Aura(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

"DAMN IT! Why does Prince Charming ALWAYS get the girl?!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Charismatic Aura(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

Not to be confused with the spell of the same name (apologies, as when I wrote this I did not take a spell version into account), the character has overwhelming charisma and charm over those within range.
Range: 30 foot radius, plus 5 feet per level of experience
Duration: Constant, always on
Saving Throw: 14 or better, ME bonus applies
Effect: Those failing to save vs. the power will be affected as if the character has the equivalent of a Trust/Intimidate of +20%, Charm/Impress of +20% and a +10% to Seduction.

Courage (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character possesses a level of braveness which allows him to face danger head on with courage.
Bonuses:
* +2 to initiative at level one, +1 to initiative at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15
* +4 to save vs. Horror Factor at level one, +1 to save vs. Horror Factor at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15

Interesting couple of powers. I don't know if Courage is really a power per se, as opposed to a mindset. It would probably work better as a psychic power, but that's just me. Same with Charismatic Aura. That could also be rolled into an option for Empathic Transmission as opposed to a full power. Also no duration was listed for Courage. But since Sensitive Psychics always need more interpersonal powers, these get a free pass from me.

Charismatic Aura (Psionics) is just another option for Empathic Transmission. No other changes need to be made.

Courage (Psionics) is a minor psionic power that lasts 2 minutes per level of experience. Range is Self, and I.S.P. is 10.
No duration was listed for courage because it represents bonuses which the character always has. These are not psionics because they do not cost anything as far as I.S.P. to activate. They are fairly easily converted to psionics, but that was not was I was going for.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

As a variant to Courage, I also suggest the following:

Fearless (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character is completely fearless in battle, gaining the following bonuses:
+1 to initiative at levels 1, 4, 8, and 12
+10 to save vs. Horror Factor at level one, +1 to save vs. Horror Factor at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:As a variant to Courage, I also suggest the following:

Fearless (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character is completely fearless in battle, gaining the following bonuses:
+1 to initiative at levels 1, 4, 8, and 12
+10 to save vs. Horror Factor at level one, +1 to save vs. Horror Factor at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15

"Snakes?"
"No."
"Spiders?"
"No."
"Chainsaws?"
"No."
"Heights?"
"Doesn't bother me in the slightest."
"Leeches?"
"Uh-uh."
"Leeches AND snakes?"
"Not doing anything for me."
"Your ex?"
"...lemme get back to you on that one..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Ferzth wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:

Hello all,

Alas, some of us have actual lives which take up a lot of our time and energy. While Gryphon Chick did intend to write more, I know for a fact that her schedule has been quite hectic and she has been unable to do so.
Yes, it is true that I have not had time or energy to devote to writing anything. I apologize if anyone was waiting for me. I will be endeavoring to devore some time to it in the next month, so hopefully will have some written up eventually.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Not bad. I had expected it to be overly powerful, but you seem to have done an okay job.
I agree, it looks pretty good.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Ferzth
D-Bee

Unread post by Ferzth »

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Ferzth wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:

Hello all,

Yes, it is true that I have not had time or energy to devote to writing anything. I apologize if anyone was waiting for me. I will be endeavoring to devote some time to it in the next month, so hopefully will have some written up eventually.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Not bad. I had expected it to be overly powerful, but you seem to have done an okay job.
I agree, it looks pretty good.

Thanks Gryphon Chick and Stone Gargoyle. Gryphon Chick -- I was trying to be a bit tongue-in-cheek funny guy when I stated my impatience, but I failed. :-) :badbad: I apologize if I offended.

I appreciate that everyone has a life, and I look forward to more of your power contributions to this forum.

I was thinking, after a few days now, of some changes. For simplicity's sake, I will add changes below to the original Version ONE, without pasting the entire power description for each newer Version.

The first iteration of Create Elemental Entity: Firestorm, we'll call Version ONE and it stands as it is.

Version TWO is a little tougher/more damaging. Changes made to Damage/Effect -- Radiated Heat and Black Rain sections. Everything else is the same as Version ONE.
Damage/Effect:
Radiated Heat: Causes immediate pain, blindness, immediate and severe labored breathing, and does 4d6 points of damage every ten seconds! 01-90% chance of those exposed to the destructive heat passing out every ten seconds. Highly combustible materials burst into flames upon contact. Other combustibles like paper, hair, and clothing will catch fire within 1-2 minutes. (taken from Control Elemental Force: Fire power of Create Wall or Circle of Flame).
Black Rain: Besides the ash cloud produced by a firestorm, under the right conditions (typically outside, near water sources, or in high-humidity environments), it can also induce condensation, forming a pyrocumulus cloud or "fire cloud". This cloud does no damage, but there is a 01 – 30% chance of slipping and falling if those moving through puddles of sludge/ash are going beyond half their movement Speed. If the elemental entity is created high in the air, its intense heat will interact with the cold atmosphere and produce black rain out to a radius of 1,000 feet and visibility will be reduced accordingly. This Black Rain Is a mixture of rain and ash that stings when it hits people, but does no damage. People flee for cover and have no desire to go into the ash whatsoever. Those who stay in the ash will get drenched in two melee rounds (30 seconds) and their clothing/bodies coated in ash. Radio and cell phone range is reduced by 60%. Visibility is reduced to just 100 feet minus 5 feet per level of the character. Plus the rain-ash mixture will coat windows, making it impossible to see out of them in 1d6+4 minutes, and the window wipers of vehicles will have a hard time keeping up and get clogged every 1d6+6 minutes, requiring the driver to stop and get out to scrape the window (not applicable to aircraft); -40% to piloting skills for ground vehicles and aircraft alike, but -50% for aircraft landing on ash covered roads/runways. Roads/ground where it is raining are covered in pools of sludge, creating a 01-90% chance of hydroplaning or sliding out of control, resulting in a crash for vehicles and super beings traveling faster than 30 mph. Damage is 2d6 points per 10 mph over 30 mph. Coming to a quick stop is impossible, and the vehicle (or superhuman), skids 2d4 yards per 10 mph above 30 mph; add an extra 1d4x10 damage to any crash. (taken from the Rainmaker power of Create Sleet)

Version THREE (tougher/more damaging). Changes made to Damage/Effect -- Radiated Heat section. Everything else is the same as Version ONE, except Black Rain, which is the same as Version TWO.
Damage/Effect:
Radiated Heat: Creates unbearable pain, blindness, causes 6d6 points of damage every ten seconds, and breathing is impossible. Victims are -10 to strike, parry, and dodge, no initiative, and all they will want to do is flee. 01-95% chance of passing out every ten seconds! Combustible material will be set ablaze within thirty seconds. Those not killed by the heat will die within 60 – 90 seconds from suffocation, and 2[sup]nd[/sup] and 3[sup]rd[/sup] degree burns result from short exposure to this heat. (taken from Control Elemental Force: Fire power of Create Wall or Circle of Flame).
Black Rain: Same as Version TWO.

Version FOUR (can be added to any version). For those wanting their Firestorm Elemental Entity have a more nuclear aspect, you can add this radiation damage to the Damage/Effect section.
Damage/Effect:
Radiation/Fallout: The elemental entity can cause itself to emit extreme levels of radiation that are dangerous to unprotected victims (need radiation suits or similar shielding) and the environment. The area where the radiation was emitted will remain irradiated and dangerous for 4d6 melees after it leaves. Everyone exposed to the radiation must roll percentile dice. A roll of 01 – 30 means they have contracted radiation sickness. Victims of radiation poisoning have the following symptoms: physical nausea, headache, loss of appetite, and vomiting. Left untreated, the victim will take six (6) points of damage daily (does not recover until treatment is received), and suffer from hair loss, ulceration of the skin, bone marrow depression, bloody diarrhea, lung fibrosis, premature thickening and hardening of the artery walls, and the possible development of malignancy and eventual death. Unless treated, the sickness remains and can be lethal, especially to normal humans. COMBAT PENALTIES: Reduce all bonuses and P.E. attribute by half, reduce Speed and skill proficiencies by 10%, and reduce the number of melee attacks by one. These penalties apply as long as the person is sick. Immediate treatment will see recovery within 3d4 days, but add three days to the recovery time for every one day treatment was delayed. The average superhuman recovers twice as quickly. Range: Effects up to a 100 foot radius. Damage: 3d6 per melee (while within the affected area), and those exposed have a 30% chance of contracting radiation sickness. (taken from Control Radiation power).

Thanks all and let me know what you think of the changes/additions.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Rather than have several versions, you should just have the character able to regulate the heat the way APS:Fire does. I also do not understand how you are now equating heat to radiation. Sure you can get sick from too much heat, but it does not affect someone the same way radiation does.
Ferzth
D-Bee

Unread post by Ferzth »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Rather than have several versions, you should just have the character able to regulate the heat the way APS:Fire does. I also do not understand how you are now equating heat to radiation. Sure you can get sick from too much heat, but it does not affect someone the same way radiation does.

SG --

My reasoning behind the different Versions (actually, I should have just originally called these "more powerful Options"), is that some players may want their semi-sentient, semi-obedient fire 'servant/pet' to be more powerful than the standard Create Elemental Entity: Fireball as-written.

The original Version ONE may be all that anyone wants to play with, and that's fine, but for higher-powered games (or simply different players imagining their characters and powers in different ways), I wanted to give Options. So in the revised power, I will change Version to Options.

I have looked over the APS: Fire power of Radiate Heat. Remember, the character is not the one doing the radiating, it is the Entity. So a character can have the option of a regular entity or a more powerful version of the same entity.

Also, instead of the character having to keep track of Radiate Heat temperatures (whether or not this is a burden to the player) [". . . um, is it 200 degrees or 500 degrees or 700 degrees now? how many rounds has it been so far?"], the higher-powered Options take the guesswork out of figuring damage/effects, and should make the round go faster. Players can have both brevity and have their critters do more damage, or not. Create Elemental Entity: Firestorm is still a Major power, and the higher-damage/Black Rain/radiation Options may be overpowered for a Major power, but I'll let the GM/player make that judgement.

And I am not equating Heat damage to Radiation damage, as if they are the same thing. One Option is to do straight Heat damage (and its attendant burns/scarring/heat exhaustion), and the other is to do both Heat and/or Radiation damage (cancer, weakness, sickness, etc.), as fits the player's definition of their character and their powersets. And in a Villain setting, the bad guy/character wouldn't care about collateral damage.

My experience gaming with Firestorm-like powers and fire-powered characters (powersets), has been more of a radioactive nature. I realize that a nuclear firestorm is different from a forest-fire firestorm or a conventionally-caused firestorm, but there's no reason that a non-APS: Fire, non-CEF: Fire character (say, Control Radiation), couldn't also have the Create Elemental Entity: Firestorm power, and choose to use the Radioactive sickness/damage Option or vice versa. I'd rather have options than a narrowly-defined pigeon-holed power. I realize the use of radiation effects in a game, around innocent civilians/characters, may seem dangerous (it is) and overpowered, but this is an Optional Option. And GMs can always house-rule it.

Damage/Effect:
Radiation/Fallout: The elemental entity can cause itself to emit extreme levels of radiation that are dangerous to unprotected victims (need radiation suits or similar shielding) and the environment. The area where the radiation was emitted will remain irradiated and dangerous for 4d6 melees after it leaves. Everyone exposed to the radiation must roll percentile dice. A roll of 01 – 30 means they have contracted radiation sickness. Victims of radiation poisoning have the following symptoms: physical nausea, headache, loss of appetite, and vomiting. Left untreated, the victim will take six (6) points of damage daily (does not recover until treatment is received), and suffer from hair loss, ulceration of the skin, bone marrow depression, bloody diarrhea, lung fibrosis, premature thickening and hardening of the artery walls, and the possible development of malignancy and eventual death. Unless treated, the sickness remains and can be lethal, especially to normal humans. COMBAT PENALTIES: Reduce all bonuses and P.E. attribute by half, reduce Speed and skill proficiencies by 10%, and reduce the number of melee attacks by one. These penalties apply as long as the person is sick. Immediate treatment will see recovery within 3d4 days, but add three days to the recovery time for every one day treatment was delayed. The average superhuman recovers twice as quickly. Range: Effects up to a 100 foot radius. Damage: 3d6 per melee (while within the affected area), and those exposed have a 30% chance of contracting radiation sickness. (taken from Control Radiation power).

I enjoy super-powered game systems (Champions, DC Heroes, HU, Hero System), and my "Options" option is based, somewhat, off of the Hero System mechanics of being able to spend more character creation points/experience points, to "Augment" a power above the baseline power as-written.

So for this power, there are THREE Heat damage Options/Augments, TWO Black Rain Options/Augments, and ONE Optional Radiation damage Option/Augment (as below).

REVISED -- CREATE ELEMENTAL ENTITY: FIRESTORM [Major] by Ferzth, Gryphon Chick, et al

Damage/Effect:
RADIATED HEAT:
OPTION ONE: Targets caught within the area of effect experience radiated heat and oven-like temperatures which cause unbearable pain, completely blinds while in the area, cannot breathe and 3d6 points of damage every melee. Victims are -10 to strike, parry, and dodge, and have an 86% chance of passing out every melee. Combustible material will be set ablaze within 2 melees.
OPTION TWO: Causes immediate pain, blindness, immediate and severe labored breathing, and does 4d6 points of damage every ten seconds! 01-90% chance of those exposed to the destructive heat passing out every ten seconds. Highly combustible materials burst into flames upon contact. Other combustibles like paper, hair, and clothing will catch fire within 1 - 2 minutes.
OPTION THREE: Creates unbearable pain, blindness, causes 6d6 points of damage every ten seconds, and breathing is impossible. Victims are -10 to strike, parry, and dodge, no initiative, and all they will want to do is flee. 01 - 95% chance of passing out every ten seconds! Combustible material will be set ablaze within thirty seconds. Those not killed by the heat will die within 60 – 90 seconds from suffocation, and 2nd and 3rd degree burns result from short exposure to this heat.
WIND: The winds generated by the firestorm are 120 mph at level 1, plus 10 mph at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15, and debris sucked into the firestorm will take an additional +4 damage per 20 mph of wind speed in addition to the heat damage. The firestorm sucks in anything under its weight limit.
ASH CLOUD/SMOKE: The firestorm generates a smoke/ash cloud to a radius of 30 feet. Targets caught in the smoke will have their eyes water and burn, and find it difficult to breathe (smoke inhalation). This shortness of breath and coughing imposes the following penalties: -2 attacks per melee round, -10% on skill performance and -10% on Speed attribute. Visibility is reduced to 1 foot or less (can barely see your hand in front of your face).
BLACK RAIN:
OPTION ONE: Besides the ash cloud produced by a firestorm, under the right conditions (typically outside, near water sources, or in high-humidity environments), it can also induce condensation, forming a pyrocumulus cloud or "fire cloud". This cloud does no damage, but there is a 01 – 30% chance of slipping and falling if those moving through puddles of sludge/ash are going beyond half their movement Speed. If the elemental entity is created high in the air, its intense heat will interact with the cold atmosphere and produce black rain out to a radius of 1,000 feet and visibility will be reduced accordingly.
OPTION TWO: Besides the ash cloud produced by a firestorm, under the right conditions (typically outside, near water sources, or in high-humidity environments), it can also induce condensation, forming a pyrocumulus cloud or "fire cloud". This cloud does no damage, but there is a 01 – 30% chance of slipping and falling if those moving through puddles of sludge/ash are going beyond half their movement Speed. If the elemental entity is created high in the air, its intense heat will interact with the cold atmosphere and produce black rain out to a radius of 1,000 feet and visibility will be reduced accordingly. This Black Rain Is a mixture of rain and ash that stings when it hits people, but does no damage. People flee for cover and have no desire to go into the ash whatsoever. Those who stay in the ash will get drenched in two melee rounds (30 seconds) and their clothing/bodies coated in ash. Radio and cell phone range is reduced by 60%. Visibility is reduced to just 100 feet minus 5 feet per level of the character. Plus the rain-ash mixture will coat windows, making it impossible to see out of them in 1d6+4 minutes, and the window wipers of vehicles will have a hard time keeping up and get clogged every 1d6+6 minutes, requiring the driver to stop and get out to scrape the window (not applicable to aircraft); -40% to piloting skills for ground vehicles and aircraft alike, but -50% for aircraft landing on ash covered roads/runways. Roads/ground where it is raining are covered in pools of sludge, creating a 01-90% chance of hydroplaning or sliding out of control, resulting in a crash for vehicles and super beings traveling faster than 30 mph. Damage is 2d6 points per 10 mph over 30 mph. Coming to a quick stop is impossible, and the vehicle (or superhuman), skids 2d4 yards per 10 mph above 30 mph; add an extra 1d4x10 damage to any crash.
RADIATION/FALLOUT:
OPTIONAL OPTION !!: The elemental entity can cause itself to emit extreme levels of radiation that are dangerous to unprotected victims (need radiation suits or similar shielding) and the environment. The area where the radiation was emitted will remain irradiated and dangerous for 4d6 melees after it leaves. Everyone exposed to the radiation must roll percentile dice. A roll of 01 – 30 means they have contracted radiation sickness. Victims of radiation poisoning have the following symptoms: physical nausea, headache, loss of appetite, and vomiting. Left untreated, the victim will take six (6) points of damage daily (does not recover until treatment is received), and suffer from hair loss, ulceration of the skin, bone marrow depression, bloody diarrhea, lung fibrosis, premature thickening and hardening of the artery walls, and the possible development of malignancy and eventual death. Unless treated, the sickness remains and can be lethal, especially to normal humans. COMBAT PENALTIES: Reduce all bonuses and P.E. attribute by half, reduce Speed and skill proficiencies by 10%, and reduce the number of melee attacks by one. These penalties apply as long as the person is sick. Immediate treatment will see recovery within 3d4 days, but add three days to the recovery time for every one day treatment was delayed. The average superhuman recovers twice as quickly. Range: Effects up to a 100 foot radius. Damage: 3d6 per melee (while within the affected area), and those exposed have a 30% chance of contracting radiation sickness.
taalismn
Priest

Guy's got a point...This power's attractive in that it's not a conformist/uniform advancement like other more conventionally-formatted powers; there's more leeway for customizing it. Being a modular-minded guy myself, I rather like that aspect.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”