a cosmoknight and a godling walk into a bar....

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

a cosmoknight and a godling walk into a bar....

Unread post by say652 »

i believe and feel any character class from any book should be allowed. especially in a world like H.U.
say652
Palladin

Re: a cosmoknight and a godling walk into a bar....

Unread post by say652 »

the godling has an sdc listing easy to create. Thunderfist of asgard. shifter lightning blast and flight. the cosmknight mdc 1/2 equals hp/sdc the cosmic armor.......so far assigning an A.R. is the challenge. anywhoo Shield is going through the grinder and yup his cosmic weapon is a shield. the third is an alienexperiment. Ten G alien humanoid high gravity homeworld. He is going by name of the race which all look female. super alien transvestites seemed so cool. lol. i am thinking of the last two members of the team.......
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Actually, I find many of the Rifts OCCs to be overpowering and harmful to game balance when bringing them into Heroes Unlimited. I generally limit my games to character classes actually designed for HU2 and other SDC-based settings and avoid stuff from Rifts.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

just beefupthe villians. i find three levels higher makes good roleplaying five levels higher for boss type villians.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

I like to mix and match from the whole megaverse into my Heroes. But it comes with a lot of modding and consideration. My current heroes campaign, now going strong for about 10 years, is pretty high level so some straight crossovers have been done. I actually had to beef up some Mechanoid stats to give them a challenge. They're not even megas, just really crafty with the abilities and their enviroments. And Stone is right. You got to be very careful with what you bring over. Cosmo Knights work pretty well in Heroes and I use them myself as NPC's. Nobody has wanted to play one. Yet.
I do consider the entire library to be supplements for Heroes. If I don't use it staright I'll definitely cherry pick abilities and bonuses for certain things that make sense for an NPC or PC. Though I try to make sure its not something I can just recreate or mod from the hereos books first. Makes it a lot easier when I need a ruling or refernece and I don't have to run down one of the 100 books or so in the Palladium megaverse. At the very least I use all the stuff for inspiration and creation whether its staright up or muddied. I have fun kit bashing. Sometimes it works really well, and other times not so much.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

My take on a HU version of a Cosmo Knight

[cant find the actual stat sheet, but here is the basics]
Arismal Mutant: 2 Majors, 6 Minors (I did give him an extra minor).
  • Bio-Armor
  • Super Energy Expuslion: Plasma
  • Superhuman P.S.
  • Space Native
  • Flight: Space
  • Flight: Wingless
  • Power Weapon
  • Heightend Sense of Awareness
(aka Cosmo Knight)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

That's pretty awesome NMI. I usually try doing something like that before I bring something over. Even though I usually have to nerf it recreating it with Heroes power sets. I go into it with keeping attack bonuses under 10 and SDC totals being around 500 or less. And PS topping out around 60 or so. And right now I only have one PC out of 6 that has anything close to my universal max. And I give something extra to those that have to nerf their numbers. Start them with a power stunt or an extra level. Just anything to keep them right below godling status.
I honestly can't wait to wrap up the current game. I've done just about everything to them and would love to get back to doing some street level hero types that have a smaller impact on a world setting and get back to the basics.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:My take on a HU version of a Cosmo Knight

• Bio-Armor
  • Suer Energy Expuslion: Plasma
  • Superhuman P.S.
  • Space Native
  • Power Weapon
(aka Cosmo Knight)

thanks for the list on how to do it. by choosing this power set should the alignment be restricted to good?or can evil characters take this power set effectively making a "dark"cosmoknight
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

say652 wrote:

• Bio-Armor
  • Superhuman P.S.
  • Space Native
  • Power Weapon
(aka Cosmo Knight)

thanks for the list on how to do it. by choosing this power set should the alignment be restricted to good?or can evil characters take this power set effectively making a "dark"cosmoknight

I guess it really doesnt matter in this case.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

I thought the Psi-Warrior from Psyscape would be a good HU character. Maybe he was trained in some monastery in the Andes or something. :) The Psi-Ghost would also be kinda cool.
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

wolfsgrin wrote:That's pretty awesome NMI. I usually try doing something like that before I bring something over. Even though I usually have to nerf it recreating it with Heroes power sets. I go into it with keeping attack bonuses under 10 and SDC totals being around 500 or less. And PS topping out around 60 or so. And right now I only have one PC out of 6 that has anything close to my universal max. And I give something extra to those that have to nerf their numbers. Start them with a power stunt or an extra level. Just anything to keep them right below godling status.
I honestly can't wait to wrap up the current game. I've done just about everything to them and would love to get back to doing some street level hero types that have a smaller impact on a world setting and get back to the basics.

LOL.

My PC's are pretty much proud that the team has someone with triple digit SDC nowadays.

I love my games

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

so you spend money to play a game inwhich others micromanage your creativity. that doesnt sound FUN at all.key word FUN FUN FUN games are supposed to be FUN.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

say652 wrote:so you spend money to play a game inwhich others micromanage your creativity. that doesnt sound FUN at all.key word FUN FUN FUN games are supposed to be FUN.

You left out a word, others TRY to micromanage your creativity. Others can insist as much as they want and you can simply go 'sorry doesn't sound fun not going to do it' and go with the way you and your group find fun.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

i want to figure out how to start an onlinegame using dimensional travel as the basis.all are welcome as long as its a legit character class from a book. no monsters or nonplayer races(splugorth,stage 2 promethians,etc.) and no mashups. since i will start at level 1 no dualclass, and since the great and powerful OZ would strike me down no multiclass characters.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

A cosmo-knight & a godling walk into a bar.... The bartender says "GUYS! I still have four payments to go from the LAST time! Can't you use the door like OTHER patrons?!"
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

BookWyrm wrote:A cosmo-knight & a godling walk into a bar.... The bartender says "GUYS! I still have four payments to go from the LAST time! Can't you use the door like OTHER patrons?!"

your funny :D
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

say652 wrote:i want to figure out how to start an onlinegame using dimensional travel as the basis.all are welcome as long as its a legit character class from a book. no monsters or nonplayer races(splugorth,stage 2 promethians,etc.) and no mashups. since i will start at level 1 no dualclass, and since the great and powerful OZ would strike me down no multiclass characters.

What do you call a mashup? I'm not familiar with the term.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

• Bio-Armor
  • Superhuman P.S.
  • Space Native
  • Power Weapon
(aka Cosmo Knight)

Very Nice NMI :ok: . I've been "tempted" to create a Cosmic type Heroes O.C.C. for HU and
throw him up here on the boards. Then again I wondering if the same complaints I got from
the Fantasy board will carry over.

As for the Godling :-? Isn't that already in PU 2. The ones that had Pantheon of the
Megaverse connections to the HU universe I already converted (2nd edition conversion
post) using the PU 2 immortal category. They are plenty powerful and have HU rules withotu
needing to figure out MDC to SDC rules.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

in the godling description it has hp and sdc everything else is converted 1 for 1 mdc to sdc. that was fairly easy. the cosmoknight is out for the cosmic power package.just as good no falling outof favor or alignment restrictions that is so awesome.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Heck, Pantheons of the Megaverse has at least 1 guy (Herbert, Hercules imposter) with super abilities so may as well let the Cosmo-Knights in.

Cosmo-Knights will quickly learn that they're not the only ones not too phased by energy blasts. I imagine they would have a hard time against a guy with invulnerability.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Nightmask wrote:
say652 wrote:i want to figure out how to start an onlinegame using dimensional travel as the basis.all are welcome as long as its a legit character class from a book. no monsters or nonp
layer races(splugorth,stage 2 promethians,etc.) and no mashups. since i will start at level 1 no dualclass, and since the great and powerful OZ would strike me down no multiclass characters.

What do you call a mashup? I'm not familiar with the term.

combining abilities from other classes creating the cheesey occ. example destroy supernatural,autododge,leyline healing,psionic flight mach 1,teleportation and supernatural strength.o i forgot this guy also regenerates d4x10mdc per minute and regrows limbs in 4d6 hours. explanation i took powers from seven different classes and mashed them together. can i use it? NO. any playable character class is cool though. i mean if its in print then they feel its worth roleplaying. right?
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Iczer wrote:
wolfsgrin wrote:That's pretty awesome NMI. I usually try doing something like that before I bring something over. Even though I usually have to nerf it recreating it with Heroes power sets. I go into it with keeping attack bonuses under 10 and SDC totals being around 500 or less. And PS topping out around 60 or so. And right now I only have one PC out of 6 that has anything close to my universal max. And I give something extra to those that have to nerf their numbers. Start them with a power stunt or an extra level. Just anything to keep them right below godling status.

LOL.

My PC's are pretty much proud that the team has someone with triple digit SDC nowadays.

I love my games

Batts

I'm looking forward to some games up ahead that the players will feel lucky they have somebody in the triple digit arena. So many stories that can be told at that level. And they actually feel dangerous without failing the world if you die or screw up.
Been hitting some Labyrinth Lord lately and I really love how quickly you can die. Hard to do that with the creation time in Palladium but I'm working on a happy balance for an upcoming lethal game. They will learn to run!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

The benefit to the guy with high SDC is he gets to be Worf and get smacked down by the big bad. Your best guy nearly dying tells the players "I would be dead if that hit me" and they scatter.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by DevastationBob »

There's a Mulka tending bar....
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

what is all this mulka? stuff. i mean a second stage promeathean or a high level temporal mage is a force to be feared
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

A Mulka is from Rifts: Manhunters and is uhm, well... yeah. it's like that.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

say652 wrote:i believe and feel any character class from any book should be allowed. especially in a world like H.U.

If your GM allows this then in his games it is okay.
However, the only setting where there is canon material to allow this is in Rifts, through the RCB1 & RCB1r.

The problem with this in HU is that HU is classless.

But the conversion is strait-forward: 1) drop all the skills and roll on the ed tables, 2) then modify the number of skill programs they get, subtracting one or more to count for the class concept skills (i.e. They are the skills that are Necessary for the char to function as per the class concept. Not the class's OCC skills.)
[note: I said strait-forward, not easy.]
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

i consider H.U. charcters in a class all by themselves. i really liked the mdc sourcebooks but for me anyway just too much good stuff to pick from,the character creation in H.U. is why i bought the game. and on a sidenote you dont need to be megadamage to adventure in mdc realms. imagine a hardware:analytical specialist in phaseworld or rifts earth........yea he/she would rock.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

say652 wrote:i consider H.U. characters in a class all by themselves. i really liked the mdc sourcebooks but for me anyway just too much good stuff to pick from,the character creation in H.U. is why i bought the game. and on a side-note you don't need to be megadamage to adventure in mdc realms. imagine a hardware:analytical specialist in phaseworld or rifts earth........yea he/she would rock.

Note the forum this is in. That is the view point from which I was writing.

I know that the char can be sdc in rifts....but the discussion about playing sdc chars in rifts is best done in the Rifts forum.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

DevastationBob wrote:There's a Mulka tending bar....
If this is a reference to Guinan, does that mean you believe El-Aurians are on par with the Q, or that Q himself's comments about her imply she is more than that?

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:A Mulka is from Rifts: Manhunters and is uhm, well... yeah. it's like that.
Let's keep in mind that 'impervious to all weapons' does not necessarily mean they are immune to punches or kicks. That they even have MDC and HP stats at all implies there being a purpose to them.

So I assert the possibility that a dragon could simply claw one to death. Something is only a weapon if it has a WP associated with it, surely?

Oh blast, not in the flavour text but the abilities also add 'physical force' which is more inclusive.

While it says no material can bind them, it says nothing about immaterial things. While magic misfires, it says nothing about psionic attacks (mind bolts, pyrokinesis) or entrapments (Telekinetic Force Field surely can imprison as well as protect) or super abilities (Create Force Field, Super Energy Expulsion, etc).

They are decent at mag/psi and their ME means psi doesn't have a good chance of working (especially since one would assume they save as masters, having all psi themselves) but still potentially vulnerable. Especially to PE-based superabilities since they're standard there (albeit with limitless energy preserves, they probably have Superhuman Strength spell cast on them constantly, giving them a PE of 24).

Unfortunately the limitless power points (assuming this means ISP and PPE) means that a Nullifier would not be able to hinder them for long once they realized they could overpay, something they can do worry-free ad infinitum, unlike others). Although I think some other kinds of nullification (phase mystics and guardians maybe?) prevent the over-paying defense.

It should be possible for a super-being with an energy expulsion (and various other abilities, like bio-ghost, for example) to kill a Mulka though. These would not be magic, psionics or physical force, so there is nothing about a Mulka's abilities making them immune to such attacks. The only super abilities that would be hindered would be those physical in nature, such as projectiles. Physical force generally does not include things like energy attacks or non-impact or connection-based attacks.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”