Hades RCCs, how make one?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmaster
Hero

Hades RCCs, how make one?

Unread post by Nightmaster »

Well, back after more than 2 years away I have a question for my fellow GMs.

How I can convert the demons found in both Hades and Dyval books into RCCs?

I have recently brought the two books and was thrilling to see all that demons and the ideias for campaign that one could use but I stumble on one thing: The stats for skills and such were in most part missing.

With the exception of the gargoyles that have the name of the skills followed by a bonus (so that you can dicern first level characters) you have not the same with the remained demons on the books and so I am at a loss.

I am not being able to find out a solution to the problem and thus I wish to know if anyone have find a solution to, for example, create a Incubus RCC
Nightmaster
Hero

Re: Hades RCCs, how make one?

Please ignore this one people. I have created it twice thanks to an error from my PC. Please admins delete or close that one ok :oops:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

RCC's are racially restricted/restrictive classes, as per the words of the acronym.

Because PB mis-labels Races as RCC's, "If there are no Class Stats, then what is listed is a Race, not a RCC." This means that type of demon picks an OCC. Most would have the unskilled OCC like vagabond.
---
So your question would be, "How do I make RCC's For the races/classes of demons in the Hades and Dyval RDB's?"

Simple answer: use the Gargoyle racial skills for the common demons.

more complex answer: most classes have an average of about 18 skills with 2/5ths OCC skills, 2/5ths OCC related skills, and 1/5th secondary skills.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nightmaster
Hero

So if I follow what you are saying I should create a RCC using the formula you described.

Ok I can do that but there is the problem of applying bonuses to the skills that are innerent to the RCC, like +10% or +5% in a given skill if the demon is a balrog or Shedim and etc.

Not a criticism just that I am still puzzled by the way PB determine such things and so I am uncertain how to procced
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nightmaster wrote:Not a criticism just that I am still puzzled by the way PB determine such things and so I am uncertain how to procced

You are not the only one confused about the irrational way PB does things.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”