Top 3 books you'd like to see for Heroes Unlimited

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Re: Top 3 books you'd like to see for Heroes Unlimited

Unread post by Juce734 »

I think if Palladium used their model for Rifts and applied that to Heroes Unlimited that would be great.

Heroes Unlimited World Books
HU World Book 1 - Century Station
HU World Book 2 - Gramercy Island
HU World Book 3 - Nursery?

All reprints of those books could have the text "World Book #" added to the covers and bindings.

Dimension Books could go to other worlds such as Earth, Heroes Unlimited Universe (world books for this), etc. This would tie in Rifts and HU together basically.

As for a new layout for HU2. I am not sure how I would change the layout. I'd make it even more basic for character generation but I would include all the possible character types in it just dumbed down some. (Players Guides as I laid out earlier in this thread would go more in depth.)

The new HU:UE would have every single rule you can imagine for playing the game though.

If my HU:UE idea sounds like I am splitting it into too many books it could be split into just 2 books. Rules book, and Players Manual (Majority of the book now is this.) Players manual could be how to create any type of character and include all powers, skills, equipment, and such. No need for playing rules in this book as they would all be covered in the other book.

Weapons, Equipment, and Vehicles would be great for a book too.

Spoiler:
EDIT: I have copied everyones ideas for HU books down in Word. Later I may tally all of the numbers.

I'm considering trying to write some stuff up for these. Probably won't finish any of these anytime soon but if anything I will have something I can use. So keep those ideas coming in this thread!
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Cobalt-Blue »

sHaka wrote:
Cobalt-Blue wrote:
KillWatch wrote:1) HU Ultimate Edition: Lets get a better lay out though
2) Hardware Unlimited
3) Nursery-still waiting on that one

Nursery?

Mentioned in Century Station near the Sector Squad write-up (and Grammercy Island somewhere IIRC) as a supers breeding/training program that belongs to The Sector. There was a book announced in the works at one point but now seems to have dropped of the radar.

Cool!!!
Who are we?! We're the North Ashwood first string football team and cheering squad! Prepare to get your butts kicked!"

South Ashwood? Nah we wouldn't go there. They have too much of a problem with roving boy-bands having dance offs.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Mediapig71 wrote:1. Heroes Unlimited: Ultimate Edition. Give it the Rifts treatment. A big hardback with some color plates (new art, art from Rifter, etc.) Fix up some problem rules, streamline and clarify, maybe include some new powers and such.

3. Undersea Empire: Not sure what to call this, but I would love a book detailing a Heroes Unlimited version of Atlantis, or some other fictionalized undersea empire. This is such a staple of comics, and Heroes Unlimited has barely touched it! More aquatic heroes and villains, new aquatic powers, weapons, monsters and creatures, adventures, intrigue, battles with the surface world, etc.

These 2 books plus:

2. A Villains Unlimited 2 but half the book with Villains and half with Heroes. So the title could be "Gods among Men Unlimited".
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

or maybe Unlimited: Heroes & Villains
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

ffranceschi wrote:
Mediapig71 wrote:1. Heroes Unlimited: Ultimate Edition. Give it the Rifts treatment. A big hardback with some color plates (new art, art from Rifter, etc.) Fix up some problem rules, streamline and clarify, maybe include some new powers and such.

3. Undersea Empire: Not sure what to call this, but I would love a book detailing a Heroes Unlimited version of Atlantis, or some other fictionalized undersea empire. This is such a staple of comics, and Heroes Unlimited has barely touched it! More aquatic heroes and villains, new aquatic powers, weapons, monsters and creatures, adventures, intrigue, battles with the surface world, etc.

These 2 books plus:

2. A Villains Unlimited 2 but half the book with Villains and half with Heroes. So the title could be "Gods among Men Unlimited".

Couldn't this be covered with setting books? That is how I would prefer it personally.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

sHaka wrote:
Cobalt-Blue wrote:
2) Hardware Unlimited

Nursery?

Mentioned in Century Station near the Sector Squad write-up (and Grammercy Island somewhere IIRC) as a supers breeding/training program that belongs to The Sector. There was a book announced in the works at one point but now seems to have dropped of the radar.

Actually I went to my copy of Century Station and the only place it appears is in the copyright information.
Who are we?! We're the North Ashwood first string football team and cheering squad! Prepare to get your butts kicked!"

South Ashwood? Nah we wouldn't go there. They have too much of a problem with roving boy-bands having dance offs.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

It was mentioned way back as an upcoming product in like Nightspawn or something
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Cobalt-Blue wrote:
sHaka wrote:
Cobalt-Blue wrote:
2) Hardware Unlimited

Nursery?

Actually I went to my copy of Century Station and the only place it appears is in the copyright information.

Oh ok - I'll check my copy tonight, perhaps I have a later printing or something. Pretty sure it's mentioned next to the write-ups for Apex's sub team (Dragonel, Manticore... can't remember the last one).
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

I'm pretty sure this is mentioned in the section about The Sector. I also feel like there may be a mention of The Nursery in Mutant Underground as well, but I'm not positive.

Either way, I'd love to see the book!
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'll check Mutant Underground.

On a related matter, I'm currently in the process of doing a conversion/setting book for the Cadre 5 Universe. The heroes were originally developed with another game, but I think they'll work well in this one without having to do apish obscene carnal things to it. It's a rather unique setting for super heroes- especially after the events of Year 2 when the Talent Prime gets released on Earth, magic and elves and all the mystical creatures come back.

Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

Page 37 of Mutant Underground under Cobb and Luvon has this:
Hushed rumors about the 'United States' own ultra-secret mutant/super being recruitment, development and containment program, code name: The Nursery, may be as much a problem as an asset, and Cobb and Luvon suspect that sooner or later the MTF will be called in to "clean up" that mess for somebody.

Under Grenadier and Ghost on page 74 there's the following comment:
Or, they might find themselves the object of a deadly "accident" or "volunteers" for further experimentation in the Super Soldier program, or even locked away in the super-secret facility known as the Nursery.

That's about all. But it doesn't sound like a school for superhumans.

Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Cobalt-Blue wrote:Page 37 of Mutant Underground under Cobb and Luvon has this:
Hushed rumors about the 'United States' own ultra-secret mutant/super being recruitment, development and containment program, code name: The Nursery, may be as much a problem as an asset, and Cobb and Luvon suspect that sooner or later the MTF will be called in to "clean up" that mess for somebody.

Under Grenadier and Ghost on page 74 there's the following comment:
Or, they might find themselves the object of a deadly "accident" or "volunteers" for further experimentation in the Super Soldier program, or even locked away in the super-secret facility known as the Nursery.

That's about all. But it doesn't sound like a school for superhumans.

Wow... that's a lot of references for a book that still hasn't turned up... now I'm really curious! Come on Palladium, give us The Nursery! (and HU Ultimate Edition!)
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I don't really need books of villians. We have Villians Unlimited and the lists of the ones in Gramarcy Island as well. More over, unless I'm feelin' really lazy, I tend to make up my own anyway. But that's me. I don't need "Adventure" books either. Once you do the adventure once.. the book's largely useless. I do like the '100 hook line and sinker" things. Takes up 4 or 5 pages and gives you nice jumping off points. With out spending an entire book on an adventure that you do once and done. Or maybe never at all if someone in your group reads it before you.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I think it will be Good that the Nursery have different factions,one focus on the School part,when other is on making Experiments and Super-soldiers.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

They floated that around in the late 90's I believe. I use to dream about what this book would be like... Hopefully some talent will pick this up and run with it. I do believe they killed this book around the time of treachery.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Found the Nursery reference - pg.90 of CS.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

I'd throw down some money on a crowd sourcing for the Nursery!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well Maybe a Book on How Super-Heroes and Villains are View around the World,
Maybe it can have Rules on creating a City.
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Juce734 wrote:I'd throw down some money on a crowd sourcing for the Nursery!

Ditto... hell, I'd throw down for just about any HU support!
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

1.) First off, they need to stop dividing bionics, robotics, vehicles and gadgets and put it all into one system for creating hardware and make it all one book, Hardware Unlimited.

2.) They need to have a skills book with every available skill from like Rifts and everywhere, called Skills Unlimited.

3.) They need to create a book of aliens which isn't just humanoids with animal heads and monsters which you can customize, called Creatures Unlimited.

Just saying...
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Gryphon Chick wrote:1.) First off, they need to stop dividing bionics, robotics, vehicles and gadgets and put it all into one system for creating hardware and make it all one book, Hardware Unlimited.

2.) They need to have a skills book with every available skill from like Rifts and everywhere, called Skills Unlimited.

3.) They need to create a book of aliens which isn't just humanoids with animal heads and monsters which you can customize, called Creatures Unlimited.

Just saying...
Agreed. Everything is so spread out the way it is, it is amazing you can find anything. They don't really need more on magic, that is already being done for Palladium Fantasy and it pretty much crosses over.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Does rifter 0 have the universal skill list?

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

I believe it has a list but no descriptions. I lost my copy when my memory stick became corrupted and I didn't have it backed up to my laptop. I also know there was a compilation of skills someone made and was sharing between a bunch of people, myself included, but sadly I don't have that anymore either.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

This is beyond the scope of this topic, but personally, I'd be in favor of consolidating and reducing the skill list anyway, to just include the most useful ones. For my style of supers gaming, I really don't need twenty different pilot skills, three computer skills, 4 or 5 radio skills, etc. It just seems to make it wind up that no one can really do much of anything.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

There are a lot of useful skills that are in some of the Rifts books, but you have to go out and find the books if you want to have the skill descriptions. All Rifts 0 did was tell you where the skills could be found. Mighty considerate, except for the fact I cannot afford to buy every book just to have a few of the skills listed in it.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Mediapig71 wrote:This is beyond the scope of this topic, but personally, I'd be in favor of consolidating and reducing the skill list anyway, to just include the most useful ones. For my style of supers gaming, I really don't need twenty different pilot skills, three computer skills, 4 or 5 radio skills, etc. It just seems to make it wind up that no one can really do much of anything.

If you only have a limited number of options, your characters all wind up pretty much the same. Same and lame. I suppose if your characters are all military you might only need a limited skill set. I like a wider range than that, more skills and more powers and more options. Unlimited, like the book says. Having more skills does not have to mean having redundant ones. I created the We Gots The Skills thread because i believe it is one of the areas where the game is the weakest, the lack of applicable skills.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Mediapig71 wrote:This is beyond the scope of this topic, but personally, I'd be in favor of consolidating and reducing the skill list anyway, to just include the most useful ones. For my style of supers gaming, I really don't need twenty different pilot skills, three computer skills, 4 or 5 radio skills, etc. It just seems to make it wind up that no one can really do much of anything.

If you only have a limited number of options, your characters all wind up pretty much the same. Same and lame. I suppose if your characters are all military you might only need a limited skill set. I like a wider range than that, more skills and more powers and more options. Unlimited, like the book says. Having more skills does not have to mean having redundant ones. I created the We Gots The Skills thread because i believe it is one of the areas where the game is the weakest, the lack of applicable skills.

Yeah, I agree. I write a lot of homebrew powers and such simply because the game does not live up to its potential of having a lot of options. I can understand some people wanting more basic and simple rules and options, though.
GlitterKnight
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by GlitterKnight »

Mediapig71 wrote:
Juce734 wrote:
Mediapig71 wrote:
Juce734 wrote:I enjoy these threads. Here a couple that are the same thing basically.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=124128

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=128957

Actually, this thread gives me another idea: A Super Spy book! Let's see the Palladium version of a Super heroic Spy Agency, their gadgets, gear, vehicles, etc, along with their enemy!

Wouldn't that be for Ninjas and Superspies? I own that book but haven't read it really.

Could be for both, I guess! But Superspies, and mega organizations like SHIELD, HYDRA, COBRA, etc. are comic book staples, and definitely belong in the Heroes Unlimited universe, in my opinion.

Absolutely! This! My favorite Champions books of all time are the VIPER and DEMON sourcebooks. Agents of Freedom for M&M is one of my favorites for that game!

Show me "S.C.R.E.T.'s and L.I.E.S."!!! I'd be all over that! With their standard gear, famous agents, organizational stuff! Updated organization rules, all that good stuff. Specific Secret Operative classes for their agents, so they're not just regular Secret Operatives, but S.C.R.E.T. Operatives!
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

Gryphon Chick wrote:1.) First off, they need to stop dividing bionics, robotics, vehicles and gadgets and put it all into one system for creating hardware and make it all one book, Hardware Unlimited.

Just saying...

1 - I completely agree with. They could put Super Inventors in this book too. It would be one of the top HU books I bet. Could have a lot of uses with other game lines possibly too.

2 - I disagree with this BUT if they did do this I would want to have set skill programs you could choose. Sort of like O.C.C.'s. So you can select Police Riot Officer (has all skills that pertain and says select 4 secondaries). Things like this could cut down on selecting skills. If a GM decides to allow players to hand pick everything though that is fine too. I want to cut down on the time it takes to make characters in this aspect though.

3 - I am not sure about this one either. I don't need another Aliens Unlimited type book. We have Aliens Unlimited, the Galaxy Guide, and someone is working on the Atorian Empire. I am cool with space setting books but not another Aliens Unlimited.

Just to support the HU line though I guess I would buy all the books suggested in this thread but may not use all of them.

GlitterKnight wrote:]Absolutely! This! My favorite Champions books of all time are the VIPER and DEMON sourcebooks. Agents of Freedom for M&M is one of my favorites for that game!

Show me "S.C.R.E.T.'s and L.I.E.S."!!! I'd be all over that! With their standard gear, famous agents, organizational stuff! Updated organization rules, all that good stuff. Specific Secret Operative classes for their agents, so they're not just regular Secret Operatives, but S.C.R.E.T. Operatives!

I would really enjoy more SCRET books. The amount of adventures you could run just using SCRET is infinite really.
GlitterKnight
Dungeon Crawler

S.C.R.E.T. is a weird one when it comes to superspy alphabet soup agencies. S.C.R.E.T. is not supposed to be a unified agency all over the world, like S.H.I.E.L.D. is, but an agency in many countries that is modeled on the same design. That's always been interesting to me, and something you could play off for great rivalry if agents from different nations have to work together. Say a supervillain escaped from one nation's custody, and has fled to and committed crimes in other nations. The original nation sends one of their agents to liase, as they're responsible for the guy being on the loose in the first place. That could let you run a story on how they do things "over there". A Russian Federation S.C.R.E.T. agent is going to have a lot less respect for civil rights when pursuing some ex-Soviet super soldier in America or the UK.

And my favorite plot; that S.C.R.E.T. might appear to the world as an agency-level system for superhuman policing, like the SWAT model, but they're actually a global security conspiracy. The true heads of S.C.R.E.T. are an international cabal of superspies, who have dedicated themselves and their agencies to protecting the world from ALL superbeings. They see themselves as the final check on superheroes and villains, regardless of what their nation's think.
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Gryphon Chick wrote:

I do understand your point, so maybe fewer skills isn't the way to go, but at least less redundant skills. For instance, if I want to make a character who is an ace space pilot, it's almost impossible... there are like 20 skills he will need to really be able to do everything a typical fictional space pilot can do well, and most of the power categories simply won't allow him to accumulate enough of these skills, and their prerequisites, to build it. I'd be fine with, say, PIlot: Small Space Craft, and Pilot: Large Space craft, and leave it at that.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

1.) I think that they should combine the Robotics, Bionics and Supervehicles, just because those categories have a lot of redundancies and they need to overhaul them anyways. I would be cool with that as Robotics Unlimited. I don't think they really need too many more Hardware classes, but if they did, they should have their own book. I think they could add a lot to robots and vehicles in terms of force fields and holographic emitters.

2.) They could expand on the types of vehicles available and make more rules for time travel and dimension-hopping vehicles, putting it into a Supervehicles Unlimited book. They just need someone with a better imagination than the people who have done the supervehicles in the past.

3.) They could do with creating more super-toys and gadgets, again with someone who can think above and beyond what is already out there, and put it into Gadgets Unlimited.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:1.) I think that they should combine the Robotics, Bionics and Supervehicles, just because those categories have a lot of redundancies and they need to overhaul them anyways. I would be cool with that as Robotics Unlimited. I don't think they really need too many more Hardware classes, but if they did, they should have their own book. I think they could add a lot to robots and vehicles in terms of force fields and holographic emitters.

2.) They could expand on the types of vehicles available and make more rules for time travel and dimension-hopping vehicles, putting it into a Supervehicles Unlimited book. They just need someone with a better imagination than the people who have done the supervehicles in the past.

3.) They could do with creating more super-toys and gadgets, again with someone who can think above and beyond what is already out there, and put it into Gadgets Unlimited.

Do you think they would have enough material for 3 books as you laid them out? I think you could do one big book combining all of that and call it Technology/Hardware/Robotics Unlimited.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Juce734 wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:1.) I think that they should combine the Robotics, Bionics and Supervehicles, just because those categories have a lot of redundancies and they need to overhaul them anyways. I would be cool with that as Robotics Unlimited. I don't think they really need too many more Hardware classes, but if they did, they should have their own book. I think they could add a lot to robots and vehicles in terms of force fields and holographic emitters.

Do you think they would have enough material for 3 books as you laid them out? I think you could do one big book combining all of that and call it Technology/Hardware/Robotics Unlimited.

They probably wouldn't if they just reprinted the same old stuff and compiled worn-out ideas into books. Hence why I said someone with a great deal of imagination would have to write them. I think you can expand anything to fill books if you set your mind to it.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mediapig71 wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:

I do understand your point, so maybe fewer skills isn't the way to go, but at least less redundant skills. For instance, if I want to make a character who is an ace space pilot, it's almost impossible... there are like 20 skills he will need to really be able to do everything a typical fictional space pilot can do well, and most of the power categories simply won't allow him to accumulate enough of these skills, and their prerequisites, to build it. I'd be fine with, say, PIlot: Small Space Craft, and Pilot: Large Space craft, and leave it at that.

That's pretty much how they are written in Aliens Unlimited: Small, Medium and Large, with distinction made between military and civilian ships. If you want to simplify it, just eliminate the distinction between civilian and military, which is kind of silly to have anyways.
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mediapig71 wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:

That's pretty much how they are written in Aliens Unlimited: Small, Medium and Large, with distinction made between military and civilian ships. If you want to simplify it, just eliminate the distinction between civilian and military, which is kind of silly to have anyways.

I don't know... I think there's a large difference between Channel 7's traffic copter and a Chinook.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

People use arguments like that to justify eliminating skills or simplifying them all the time, though.
GlitterKnight
Dungeon Crawler

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Juce734 wrote:

They probably wouldn't if they just reprinted the same old stuff and compiled worn-out ideas into books. Hence why I said someone with a great deal of imagination would have to write them. I think you can expand anything to fill books if you set your mind to it.

You got some good points there. I think an updated supplement for Robots and Cyborgs is a necessity. They hit a serious ceiling in power levels, I feel, compared to a lot of other power categories. One thing I'd love is more power sources. You get; gas, solar, and arc reactor (big and small). I've been thinking of doing a real robot style robot pilot, something on the level of STRIPEY. An oversized humanoid robot, big enough for a man to sit in the chest and pilot, but still small enough to maneuver. That's hard to do from the rules as they are right now. I would actually like to make it a flyer too, and use a gas engine, but I don't see how to cram it all in. Maybe a straight electrical engine with battery life, and various recharging times. You could plug into a wall socket for a trickle charge, but you need some high tech capacitor to quick recharge, and maybe you could get X number of minutes/hours of power from an electricity generating superhuman, so that X=die of damage they output.

And drones! They gotta put more stuff in for drones, since they've become such a modern battlefield tool. I was thinking about someone like the character Toybox from Alan Moore's Top 10; she has a mess of little robot toys she uses as an army to overwhelm opponents. I thought of a Robot Pilot or Hardware Electrical who dumps all their budget into an army of smaller drones, and fights with them.

As for Supervehicles, I totally agree there needs to be a lot more. They've been reprinting the same rules for 20 years, and we need an expansion. Just coming up with good Hardware Mechanical characters is pretty hard, as they are incredibly specialized. Bill Coffin's are the best, especially the ones from Gramercy Island. I came up with a couple;

A heroic trucker HM character, who has turned his big rig into a super fast, armored fortress to fight evil from. (Sorta like US-1...but useful)

A race car driver and mechanic who was presumed dead in a arranged accident, but who went under ground to rebuild himself and his wrecked car into an instrument of justice. (Racer-X meets Michael Knight)

A military history and armored warfare obsessed tank designer, who embezzled vast resources from his defence contractor employer to build his ultimate vision of the battle tank, his KaiserUberPanzer! An armored behemoth, larger than a house, which he uses in rampages and mercenary work all over the world. Tank is also totally amphibious, which is how he actually gets away after crimes.
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:People use arguments like that to justify eliminating skills or simplifying them all the time, though.

It's kind of like saying if you can drive a Fiat you can drive a Mack because they're both ground vehicles with wheels, gears, windows, and a steering wheel.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Robotics is very weakly written. It has limits on the types of power sources, size of robots, frame shapes and customizations. The various categories have cross-over because they use the same technology, so why are the prices all different and screwy for the different categories. It definitely needs an overhaul.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Traska wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:People use arguments like that to justify eliminating skills or simplifying them all the time, though.

It's kind of like saying if you can drive a Fiat you can drive a Mack because they're both ground vehicles with wheels, gears, windows, and a steering wheel.

Yes, there are definitely differences, hence the need for so many skills. If anything, the skills need to be broken up more and expanded upon.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Traska wrote:

Well, obviously. I said people do it, not that it is the best of ideas...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:Robotics is very weakly written. It has limits on the types of power sources, size of robots, frame shapes and customizations. The various categories have cross-over because they use the same technology, so why are the prices all different and screwy for the different categories. It definitely needs an overhaul.

It works if you want to create a very limited range of types of robots. I, however, want more than that out of my game.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I say (1)Hardware Unlimited:Showing New Weapons,Gadgets,equipment,Vechicles,Robots and Bionic,with a few adventures.

(2)Powers Unlimited 4:I always up for New Powers,maybe add more Magic spells.

(3)Maybe a New City on the West Coast.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”