BTS-ish Multi-player Online Game

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

BTS-ish Multi-player Online Game

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Secret World
Secret World Media Wow Cool!!

This game looks very cool...

Fer sure...I'm gonna play it when it comes out.
We should get a bunch of us together and form a Palladium Players Guild aka Lazlo Society.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Cybermancer
Hero

Re: BTS-ish Multi-player Online Game

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Their personality quiz suggests that I should play the Illuminati.

Interestingly enough, they built the Kingsmouth Lighthouse.

It certainly has a very Lazlo feel to it.

I like the idea of a classless system but I'm curious about how they plan to implement it.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

I came up Illuminati as well...didn't think I would, but I did. I was thinking I would be more Templarish actually. Oh well...I embrace my fate.

I've been watching a dungeon video and they explained that basically that a character can be all classes (via ability purchases) it's basically what abilities you slot. So one character can play all standard MMO roles...tank, healer, dps ect.

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, MCD.

I am not much of an MMO guy, but this is something I might give a try. I am only home just long enough to sleep, so games that I can not play on my phone don't get a lot of attention. This game could be fun for when I get an occasional day off. If it is free, I will definitely try it. If it is free for trial or pay-to-play, maybe...

I agree that there does seem to be a BtS vibe here. The lighthouse (despite also being a Stephen King reference) definitely suggests that the developers might have some Palladium influence. If I were arrogant, I would suggest that Thomas Edison reference was due to my use of him as a character in Court of Tarot. I am certainly seeing more similarities between The Secret World and BtS than I saw between Rifts and Rift; I hope that we will not see another lawsuit happen.

Anyway, I might just sign up for this because of the animation. My wife and her writers' circle have been writing a lot of urban fantasy lately. This could be useful for animating some of their stories as machimation.

Where is the personality test?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I found the personality test. I have definitely never had more fun than this taking a personality test. I don't know if gameplay will be any good, but this group does a really bang-up job when it comes to marketing material productions.

I was expecting Illuminati, but my result was Templar. I joined as a Templar, but I might just switch affiliation if we get an Illuminati team going of BtS members. What do we think?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Sooo, are we interested in playing the MMO as ourselves or as our Lazlo characters playing the MMO?

Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Lord Z wrote:Sooo, are we interested in playing the MMO as ourselves or as our Lazlo characters playing the MMO?

Heh. That might be mildly amusing. :)
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer

I'd be willing to join up with other interested Palladi-pals.

Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

I'd definitely join up with my Pallypals.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

The release date for The Secret World is in a couple of months, but chat on the company's Facebook page indicates a general belief among fans that a delay is imminent. Upon what they are basing this prediction, I really have no idea.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

For those who have not been following, TSW caused quite a stir on Facebook last week. Funcom arranged a challenge for the beta players which somehow (I am not in the beta) involved in-game rewards for recruiting people into your faction. The recruitment was done entirely through Facebook friending (it seems to me; again I am an outsider). The promotion was much more popular than anticipated, and Facebook had Funcom discontinue it for a while as the demand (on FB's servers, it would seem) was just too much. Now, the promotion is back on. There have been interesting developments with how the recruitment is proceeding. All three factions are tied at 5% growth towards their goals. The Templars are leading recruitment in Europe and Africa. The Illuminati are leading in North America. The Dragons did have a strong start in Asia, but that territory is now being challenged. Even as they slip in Asia, the Dragons are surging in South America.

Anyway, I've gotten dozens of friend requests from strangers this week, instead of the odd one every month. Most seem to be Templars like myself. I actually use FB for communication, so I don't want my feed jammed up by who-is-friends-with-whom updates from hundreds of gamers. I have rejected all of these requests. If you really want to friend me for TSW, I have created a FB account for Raven Davenport. He's Illuminati.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”