Rifts Book of Magic error-(I think it’s 1st edition)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Rifts Book of Magic error-(I think it’s 1st edition)

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Panomas wrote:Rifts Book of Magic error-(I think it’s 1st edition, front couple of pages are missing)

PG-226

Power From Stones-Stone Master section

Sapphire (most other colors)

Power is listed as Empathic Transfer

I believe power should be Empathic Transmission? (178 Rifts U.E.)

Just working on my submission and noticed this-apologies if it has been fixed already or if I should post this somewhere else. Thought it would get noticed here.

Thanks,

Remember, that the RBoM is Pre-RUE. And is basically a concurrent book along with the RGMG.

Yes, the psi power is Empathic Transmission. So it was a typo. If you look at the listing it says it is the same as the Sup-psi-power. So there is enough information in the listing for it can be corrected without much thought power.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
everloss
Explorer

Unread post by everloss »

Panomas wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Panomas wrote:Rifts Book of Magic error-(I think it’s 1st edition, front couple of pages are missing)

PG-226

Power From Stones-Stone Master section

Sapphire (most other colors)

Power is listed as Empathic Transfer

I believe power should be Empathic Transmission? (178 Rifts U.E.)

Just working on my submission and noticed this-apologies if it has been fixed already or if I should post this somewhere else. Thought it would get noticed here.

Thanks,

Remember, that the RBoM is Pre-RUE. And is basically a concurrent book along with the RGMG.

Yes, the psi power is Empathic Transmission. So it was a typo. If you look at the listing it says it is the same as the Sup-psi-power. So there is enough information in the listing for it can be corrected without much thought power.

Though I do enjoy a good history lesson, I really don’t understand how this typo is relevant to whether or not it’s Pre-RUE. It would be nice however for you to expand what your point is with your opening statement, so that I can understand what you mean.

It’s still just a typo, as there is no super psionic power named- Empathic Transfer unless it’s listed elsewhere-(which I don’t think it is).

I am not confused as to what the power may be-I was simply bringing it to the attention that-

A)I noticed it, and thought it was wrong

B)And-I was wondering if in later editions-(I don’t know if there are any more printings, nor which printing is mine)-if this typo was fixed.

Anyone have another printing (other than 1st) that this typo is in as well? :?

Thanks, :wink:

typos fixed in later printings? What company do you think this is?

anyway,

Good eye on catching such a silly editing mistake. Unfortunate that your observation was met with snark.
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

everloss wrote:
typos fixed in later printings? What company do you think this is?

anyway,

Good eye on catching such a silly editing mistake. Unfortunate that your observation was met with snark.

You said "editing" [giggle] thats a dirty word around here :lol:
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

Error is the same, don't hold your breath for any changes, PB is somewhat notorious for letting editing mistakes lie for years at a time, mainly due their love of "Copy N Paste" style writing.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.

Return to “Rifts®”