Vampire Cure

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Vampire Cure

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

Question, does Palladium talk about any way to undo the conversion of a Vampire?

Of course the question would be for both being Bitten, and for the spell Return from the Grave.

Any ideas?

FM
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Re: Vampire Cure

Unread post by Subjugator »

FatherMorpheus wrote:Question, does Palladium talk about any way to undo the conversion of a Vampire?

Of course the question would be for both being Bitten, and for the spell Return from the Grave.

Any ideas?

FM

There's a person in Pantheons that has been given the power to resist her hunger and there was a hint of a cure for her. I wonder if Chichen Itza water could cure them though. I mean, at the same time it was killing them it could be healing them, right?

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Zerebus wrote:To date, the only "cure" for vampires is to hit them with powerful spells like Undo Undead. Said spells result in the destruction of the vampire and the death of the individual, so it's only a "cure" in the sense that they are no longer stuck between life and death.

So really, the cures are no better than just killing them the conventional way.

Actually, they are.
If you can kill them in such a way where you end up with an actual corpse (as opposed to cremated remains), there are things that can back to life from that state.

It wouldn't be easy, but it could be done.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zerebus wrote:To date, the only "cure" for vampires is to hit them with powerful spells like Undo Undead. Said spells result in the destruction of the vampire and the death of the individual, so it's only a "cure" in the sense that they are no longer stuck between life and death.

Not familiar with Undo Undead, what book is it in?

Thanks,
FM
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Killer Cyborg wrote:Actually, they are. If you can kill them in such a way where you end up with an actual corpse (as opposed to cremated remains), there are things that can back to life from that state. It wouldn't be easy, but it could be done.

That is a very interesting point. It almost goes back to the Chichen Itza Water. Though, would you say the person died when bitten or when the killed by the spell? Hmm.

Thanks everyone,
FM
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

FatherMorpheus wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Actually, they are. If you can kill them in such a way where you end up with an actual corpse (as opposed to cremated remains), there are things that can back to life from that state. It wouldn't be easy, but it could be done.

That is a very interesting point. It almost goes back to the Chichen Itza Water. Though, would you say the person died when bitten or when the killed by the spell? Hmm.

Thanks everyone,
FM

It's actually arguable either way.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Subjugator wrote:
FatherMorpheus wrote:Question, does Palladium talk about any way to undo the conversion of a Vampire?

Any ideas?

FM

There's a person in Pantheons that has been given the power to resist her hunger and there was a hint of a cure for her. I wonder if Chichen Itza water could cure them though. I mean, at the same time it was killing them it could be healing them, right?

/Sub
What he said -the person in question is the Secondary Vampire Cihaueto, of the Sons of Quetzacoatl, and the being implied to have a permanent cure for Vampirism is, allegedly, the REAL Quetzacoatl (The group that she serves in is comprised of Godly Pretenders), the same guy who gave her the ring.

BTW, I don't think/remember that the Ring that she was given actually stops her hungerm but instead makes her immune to the commands of Master Vampires.

Don't remember for 100% sure, but I think that that's how her ring works.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Zerebus wrote:What methods of killing a vampire exist that leave a corpse?
Whatever process it is that allows the ultra-rare Vampire Bone Weapons to be made.

(It's a real, canon weapon, though for the life of me I can't remember what Book it is in right now. It does INSANE, "can kill the thing in just a few strokes" damage to Vampire Intelligences.

That Weapon MIGHT be in the Black Vault Sourcebook.)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ale Golem »

In an older game I was playing in one of our NPC's had gotten turned when he was away from the party. My character had made a decision to protect a church in Arzno with a couple dozen survivors in it, I was playing a Dog Boy Psi Slinger at the time who was a preacher by trade. After a tense session of people being picked off one by one from inside the church we realized it was our black ops commando who doing all the damage. Me and another party member whoo had shown up by that point managed to subdue him but I insisted on keeping the "corpse" intact and staked. We did our best to hide him from the rest of the party for a while but wound up being forced to either bury him outside of Arzno or let one of the party members destroy the body. I periodically made trecks out to use the Exorcism psychic power on him. Our GM ruled that it would break the hold the master vampire held on him but he would remain a free willed vampire. Not sure if it's canon but it worked for my purposes.
Check it out and love it! http://www.badgreymatter.com/
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

cornholioprime wrote:
Zerebus wrote:What methods of killing a vampire exist that leave a corpse?
Whatever process it is that allows the ultra-rare Vampire Bone Weapons to be made.

(It's a real, canon weapon, though for the life of me I can't remember what Book it is in right now. It does INSANE, "can kill the thing in just a few strokes" damage to Vampire Intelligences.

That Weapon MIGHT be in the Black Vault Sourcebook.)

considering a .50 cal machine gun with silver plated rounds can erode a VI in seconds, the spear is not all that out there.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

One of the plants in Rifts: England can be made into a cure by a druid, if I recall correctly.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Greg Diaczyk
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

I ran a great Chat Game that revolved around a Psyscapian Mind Melter who was trying to find a cure for his brother (Zapper) who had been turned into a Vampire.

In the end they found a cure:

1. Stake Vampire to wooden table (table specially carved to drain vampire's blood from the heart wound (only place a vampire bleeds).

2. Use Globe of Daylight and Exorcism to force vampire essence from the body into the flowing blood (which was able to "hide" in a wooden bucket under the table). While we assumed this was enough to keep the original life force in the body, the vampire essence would move away from the source of its torement and spurred on by the exorcism. The effects wasn't strong enough to cause the body to be destroyed.

Plung a Soul Drinking Rune Sword into the bloody bucket, sucking up the vampire essence/soul.

Now remove stake, cast resurrection on the deceased body and he's cured!

Its not cannon, but I had a fun time having them figuring it out and finding the components needed to actually do it.
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

Cybermancer
Hero

Found what I was looking for in Rifts: England. The plant is the Cobra vine on page 34 and it doesn't reverse vampirism, it 'merely' reverses vampire mind control slavery.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Some combination of a successful exorcism and resurrection spells might do it (GM discretion) but it's not canon. A Deific resurrection could probably do it as well.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Cybermancer
Hero

Zerebus wrote:
Cybermancer wrote:One of the plants in Rifts: England can be made into a cure by a druid, if I recall correctly.

And if I recall correctly, this was only a cure for vampiric mind control.

Either that, or you read my post just in front of yours. :eek:

WWVLD?
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

So, dragging up this very old thread. Yes, over a year and half later. OK, almost 2.

So, what about Purge Self/Other. Could someone use Purge Other to remove the control of a vampire, or perhaps even cure a person of being a vampire?

This is a spell that can remove cybernetics, bio-wizard symbiotes and parasites. Perhaps it could?

Perhaps not a Master Vampire, but Secondary or Wild vampire.

FM
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

cornholioprime wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

Any ideas?

FM

/Sub
What he said -the person in question is the Secondary Vampire Cihaueto, of the Sons of Quetzacoatl, and the being implied to have a permanent cure for Vampirism is, allegedly, the REAL Quetzacoatl (The group that she serves in is comprised of Godly Pretenders), the same guy who gave her the ring.

BTW, I don't think/remember that the Ring that she was given actually stops her hungerm but instead makes her immune to the commands of Master Vampires.

Don't remember for 100% sure, but I think that that's how her ring works.

That's exactly how it works.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

FatherMorpheus wrote:So, dragging up this very old thread. Yes, over a year and half later. OK, almost 2.

So, what about Purge Self/Other. Could someone use Purge Other to remove the control of a vampire, or perhaps even cure a person of being a vampire?

This is a spell that can remove cybernetics, bio-wizard symbiotes and parasites. Perhaps it could?

Perhaps not a Master Vampire, but Secondary or Wild vampire.

FM

Uh...no? Vamparisem isn't a disease or parasite or implant. It's a fragment of an old one's soul. They're basically a kind of varient Witch.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Uh...no? Vamparisem isn't a disease or parasite or implant. It's a fragment of an old one's soul. They're basically a kind of varient Witch.

It also works on possessing entities or as Purge other says, possessing forces. It definitely is a possessing force.

Though, your idea of it being a variant of a Witch is an interesting concept. Not sure if I agree for a Master Vampire, not sure about Secondary/Wild.

Just something to ponder I guess.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

While the pact of the Master Vampire with the Intelligence is witch like, once turned to a Vampire, the Essence Fragment is an integral part of the monster, not a possessing force. At any rate, all 3 types of vampire are definitely transformed into supernatural monsters (which is why Atlanteans are immune to a vampire's bite, but not to possession), and Purge Other would not work on them at all.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Svartalf wrote:While the pact of the Master Vampire with the Intelligence is witch like, once turned to a Vampire, the Essence Fragment is an integral part of the monster, not a possessing force. At any rate, all 3 types of vampire are definitely transformed into supernatural monsters (which is why Atlanteans are immune to a vampire's bite, but not to possession), and Purge Other would not work on them at all.

Duh. I saw creatures of magic, but not Supernatural beings. OK. So that kills that idea.

So far, as far as cannon goes we have a Cobra Vine (Rifts England) which can stop the mind control and slow bite. But nothing that can restore a vampire to mortal their self. Well, there are examples of it, but nothing which isn't super fringe.

OK. The digging continues.

Thanks.
Svartalf
Champion

Basically, it looks like the only beings with the know how to reverse a vampire bite would be gods... which means, either it suits your plans as GM, or you have to be super convincing to get the GM to go along, hoping he hasn't decided to sabotage it from day one, since getting an audience with a God is pretty difficult.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Svartalf wrote:Basically, it looks like the only beings with the know how to reverse a vampire bite would be gods... which means, either it suits your plans as GM, or you have to be super convincing to get the GM to go along, hoping he hasn't decided to sabotage it from day one, since getting an audience with a God is pretty difficult.

I'm not convinced this is the only way, but it has been the only way which has been clearly explained (well as clearly as Rifts does) in the books. IE Canon.

Perhaps when the Vampire updates and new sourcebook are done there will be more information. Perhaps not.

Thanks again everyone, and if anyone has other ideas I would very much like to see them.

FM
Svartalf
Champion

Plz remind me... but I don't think I've seen anybody dig out a canon method yet... of course, somebody still might.
But It looks like it's easier to get a D&D character turned into an undead back to life than a Rifts one... and there too, in many cases, the remains of undead are no longer in a condition that lets them be used for resurrecting spells (unless you got a ninth level true resurrection, of course..)
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

Cobra Vine, pg 34 wb england. Apparently can cure a vampire's bite. Since it dispells any control the vampire might have over the victim, then I'd say that is one way to at least cure the onset. Could also be read as it cures the vampire disease.
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Svartalf wrote:Plz remind me... but I don't think I've seen anybody dig out a canon method yet... of course, somebody still might.
But It looks like it's easier to get a D&D character turned into an undead back to life than a Rifts one... and there too, in many cases, the remains of undead are no longer in a condition that lets them be used for resurrecting spells (unless you got a ninth level true resurrection, of course..)

I guess not a cure, more of the suppression by the Quetzalcoatl. Though, perhaps a god could do it. Or not.

I'm pondering if a Necromancer can make their selves into a Master Vampire, then there has to be a way to undo it.
Svartalf
Champion

Basically... why?
a) necromancers are psychos fascinated with life, death, and the realm in between, of course they'd like turning into a Master vampire
b) why should there be a reversal because an expert can do it, and probably more easily than an ordinary mortal ? (as in, they know ways to call in the VI essence fragments, whereas a layman might have to rely on luck or less surefire methods).

I mean, yeah, of course, the pinnacle for a necromancer would be to turn into one of the intelligent and self willed undead... but why should that mean that there would be any more means to undo that change than when it happens when a susceptible person gets tempted into the witch pact by a VI?
would you remind me what text (Africa of Mystic Russia?) would make you think that, that I can look at it too?
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Page 36 of Vampire Kingdoms has ways to cure a person of the Vampire bite, thus preventing them from becoming a Vampire in the first place. Other than that I do not know of a way to "cure" a person of vampirism except by killing them or destroying the Vampire Intelligence.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Svartalf wrote:Basically... why?
a) necromancers are psychos fascinated with life, death, and the realm in between, of course they'd like turning into a Master vampire
b) why should there be a reversal because an expert can do it, and probably more easily than an ordinary mortal ? (as in, they know ways to call in the VI essence fragments, whereas a layman might have to rely on luck or less surefire methods).

I mean, yeah, of course, the pinnacle for a necromancer would be to turn into one of the intelligent and self willed undead... but why should that mean that there would be any more means to undo that change than when it happens when a susceptible person gets tempted into the witch pact by a VI?
would you remind me what text (Africa of Mystic Russia?) would make you think that, that I can look at it too?

The spell "Return from the Grave" is 14th level and the Necromancer is the equivalent to a Master Vampire without being reliant on an outside source (IE VI). And while it is a 14th level spell, a first level Necromancer could select it. While casting it would freeze them at that point. The spell does take a year to cast, and is very complex.

To answer your question of 'why'. I know that in real life, undoing something done isn't always possible. But in the world of Rifts, it seems that it should be possible. There is magic which can bring a being back form death, turn someone into a Master Vampire, and destroy large swaths of land. It seems that there are lots of bits and pieces to the puzzle, so it should be possible. Of course, I could be wrong.

I do appreciate the dialog. Keeps me honest. :D
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

I remember reading about a cure somewhere, either a specific god has the ability to do it or it is a certain site that is being defended from the vampires in mexico, but for the life of me it eludes me at the moment.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Here are some thoughts I came up with without any research.

1. Cosmic Forge
2. Transferred Intelligence.

These are my two best hopes at curing vampirism. Turning them into a cosmic being, or into a Robot.
Svartalf
Champion

FatherMorpheus wrote:
Svartalf wrote:Basically... why?

The spell "Return from the Grave" is 14th level and the Necromancer is the equivalent to a Master Vampire without being reliant on an outside source (IE VI). And while it is a 14th level spell, a first level Necromancer could select it. While casting it would freeze them at that point. The spell does take a year to cast, and is very complex.

To answer your question of 'why'. I know that in real life, undoing something done isn't always possible. But in the world of Rifts, it seems that it should be possible. There is magic which can bring a being back form death, turn someone into a Master Vampire, and destroy large swaths of land. It seems that there are lots of bits and pieces to the puzzle, so it should be possible. Of course, I could be wrong.

I do appreciate the dialog. Keeps me honest. :D

OK... first, the spell (and the year of ritualss to launch it) can indeed be undertaken by a young necromancer, but its effects, if he never misses any of the nightly mantras thereafter (if he ever does, it's as if he'd never done the starting rituals, except he doesn't get his sacrificed Hit Points and PPE back), aren't apparent until he dies, since the spell is there to allow him to return from the grave as one of the undead... so his chars as a vampire would stem from what level he had reached while alive... and he could have had a looong life after starting the ritual. Since the vampire does not appear until the necromancer dies in the first place, it would seem that undoing the spell and returning the vampire to its previous mortal state might be problematic, unless you have methods for resurrecting the corpse (or what remains of it) once you've destroyed the undead. Before death, the spell can be undone simply by preventing the necromancer from pronouncing his nightly mantra, once.
Svartalf
Champion

Tiree wrote:Here are some thoughts I came up with without any research.

1. Cosmic Forge

These are my two best hopes at curing vampirism. Turning them into a cosmic being, or into a Robot.

huh... and if the person has been made into a vampire, you think the cosmic forge will take such a one (even a rebellious secondary) to be a CK?
I'm not even sure you can transfer the intelligence of a supernatural being into a robot body... then again, I haven't read SB1 in half a decade, and haven't had access to the update.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

rifts russia has a dagger that soul drink the splinters f AIs
hit a vampire with it
the vamp may be dead or return to being human
if it is dead then u need magic t bring him back
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Svartalf
Champion

BZZZZZ Wrong Answer.

The only magic items in Mystic Russia are those of the Mystic Kuznya, and I just checked to find no such item there...
come again when you've got some serious references.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

The baseline Exorcisim Ritual might work to cure the Vampire, or a specialized one like the one that exists to restore Nxla's Xombies to life.

Magical Transfer of Essence might do the trick with either a clone body (magic or tech), snatch another body, put the essence into something else (like a Golem, Robot, or something else). The only problem with this route is does the VI essence travel along via the spell or not? If the VIE is transfered then no cure, as it would simply transform the new body (if it was alive).

I'm a bit dubious on the Magical Resurrection since IINM (at least those I'm familiar with) have to occur w/n a certain time frame and it would depend on when the death clock goes into effect.

Svartalf wrote:
Tiree wrote:Here are some thoughts I came up with without any research.

1. Cosmic Forge

huh... and if the person has been made into a vampire, you think the cosmic forge will take such a one (even a rebellious secondary) to be a CK?
I'm not even sure you can transfer the intelligence of a supernatural being into a robot body... then again, I haven't read SB1 in half a decade, and haven't had access to the update.

Query, does the Cosmic Forge have to turn someone into a Cosmo Knight, or can its transformation result in a weaker being (or a cure if you will)?

I don't have the revised SB1, but nothing suggests it can't (the last time I flipped though revised didn't look like any real changes in this area). Now in HU2E it requires an implant, but nothing is said otherwise about SN or not. If the HU is viewed as applicable to the Rifts version, then one has to decide how fast the Vampire's regeneration casue expulsion of the implant and if something can be done to slow it down OR or an extaneral contraption can duplicate the function of the implant to do it.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Svartalf wrote:BZZZZZ Wrong Answer.

The only magic items in Mystic Russia are those of the Mystic Kuznya, and I just checked to find no such item there...
come again when you've got some serious references.

wrong russia WB
rune dagger ownd by the female warlord in the other one
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Svartalf
Champion

yeah... because rune weapons, especially one of a kind ones like that dagger are a solution... you let Anvil Dwarf Runemasters be Player characters?
and that weapon is good for destroying vamps, but if it eats the life force, there won't be anything left behind to resurrect.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

There is no "Cure" for Vampire Intelligence Style Vampires except for a GOD to use their Godly Powers to remove the VI and restore the Human.
Their is a God in PotM which likes to use her special Power to "cure" vampires. But it kills the human usually. So no good.
The Powers found in Dragon & Gods could be used to remove the VI. But to get a God to do so will be a problem.

Gods can Curse and Individual into a Master Vampire (LotD2). They can remove any curse.
Necromancers can Transform themselves into a Master Vampire through a spell/Ritual. If they are ever actually Killed they return as a Master Vampire only then.

I would say a SPELL of LEGEND could be found and used to return someone from being a Vampire. It should not be easy though. It will not be quick either. The Spell will most likely be a long Ritual that takes over a year to complete at least, and may require someplace for the VI-essence to transferred into like another person ;)

I'd rather be a Vampire Lord from the Rifter #49 article anyways. :D
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
csbioborg
Champion

it only eats the life force of the AI not mortals
is curing vamps something yu are going to let normal people do
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

TechnoGothic wrote:There is no "Cure" for Vampire Intelligence Style Vampires except for a GOD to use their Godly Powers to remove the VI and restore the Human.
Their is a God in PotM which likes to use her special Power to "cure" vampires. But it kills the human usually. So no good.
The Powers found in Dragon & Gods could be used to remove the VI. But to get a God to do so will be a problem.

Gods can Curse and Individual into a Master Vampire (LotD2). They can remove any curse.
Necromancers can Transform themselves into a Master Vampire through a spell/Ritual. If they are ever actually Killed they return as a Master Vampire only then.

I would say a SPELL of LEGEND could be found and used to return someone from being a Vampire. It should not be easy though. It will not be quick either. The Spell will most likely be a long Ritual that takes over a year to complete at least, and may require someplace for the VI-essence to transferred into like another person ;)

I'd rather be a Vampire Lord from the Rifter #49 article anyways. :D

I say this not to discredit your comments, but I've found that it is important to be careful when crossing Rifts with other Palladium games. Some of the Vampires in other Palladium worlds aren't exactly the same as the Vampires in Rifts. Nightspawn is a great example. Granted, I haven't played Palladium Fantasy so perhaps the vampires in Palladium Fantasy are the same as in Rifts.

Oh, and you 'Return from the Grave' as part of the spell. I could be reading it wrong, but it appears when you are done with the year long ritual you turn into the equivalent of a Master Vampire. It isn't waiting to go into effect, it just happens.

csbioborg wrote:it only eats the life force of the AI not mortals

No, not normal people. And perhaps it isn't possible, I haven't come a finite conclusion either way. It has been a long going conversation elsewhere, thus I asked the question a while back (two years ago). It came back up, and I felt it might use more discussion on here and so I brought it back up, trying to jog some more thought out of it.

FM
Svartalf
Champion

csbioborg wrote:it only eats the life force of the AI not mortals

your bulb 25 watt or something?
In a Master Vampire, the essence becomes an integral part of the creature, it's not a case of possession, but a complete transformation, and if you extract the VI part of the life essence, you destroy all of it, so a soul drinker would not leave any "human" life essence behind for friends to resurrect as a normal human.

For secondaries and wilds, it's even worse, because the transformation takes place without the benefit of posssession or anything like it, so there's not even a shred of doubt as to there being human essence left behind once the supernatural life force has been drunk out...

in both cases, there's nothing left after the dagger has drunk its fill.
Svartalf
Champion

FatherMorpheus wrote:
Oh, and you 'Return from the Grave' as part of the spell. I could be reading it wrong, but it appears when you are done with the year long ritual you turn into the equivalent of a Master Vampire. It isn't waiting to go into effect, it just happens.

FM

Nope, the spell is quite clear.
1) The year long ritual must be performed
2) after that, every night, a mantra must be recited, and if it's forgotten even once, you have to start the year ritual all over again
3) if both the previous conditions are good, when you die, you return as a vampire

Of course, to forestall the possibility of missing a nightly mantra, you MAY decide to commit suicide so as to ensure your speedy return.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

FatherMorpheus wrote:
I say this not to discredit your comments, but I've found that it is important to be careful when crossing Rifts with other Palladium games. Some of the Vampires in other Palladium worlds aren't exactly the same as the Vampires in Rifts. Nightspawn is a great example. Granted, I haven't played Palladium Fantasy so perhaps the vampires in Palladium Fantasy are the same as in Rifts.

NOPE, the "Return from the Grave" spell is not instant.
First the Necromacer needs to get Killed at some point after it is completed. Say the Necromancers used the Spell on himself at lvl 4. Then after reaching lvl 10 he gets killed in an adventure. Then and only then does the necromancer "Return from the Dead" as a Master Vampire power Level.

See After the spell is complete the Necromancer must recite a mantra every night to keep the magic going. If he has never missed a nightly mantra, and gets killed he returns from the grave as a vampire.

This spell is an Insurance Policy deal. You give up 60 PPE and 24 HP. But by having the chance to return from the grave as a vampire to get revenge is too tempting not to use if you find this spell somewhere.

As for the Palladium Fantasy vampires. They have several kinds.
The have the VI Vampires. They have the NB styled vamps. They have Cursed by the Gods and Necromagic Vampires. I have seen all these in listed in the Fantasy books at some point.
Myself I'd rather use the Rifter #49 Vampires, which the Vampire Lords make great replacements for what happens to those Cursed by Gods or through the Necro-spell Return from the Grave.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

TechnoGothic wrote:
FatherMorpheus wrote:

Originally, I wasn't reading the spell the same way as is being read. But after reading it several times, I understand how it could be understood to mean this is basically a come back from death as undead card. I think I kept missing the part where it implies that he must die by his or another's hands. So no problem here, if the Necromancer dies at the completion or it becomes a safe guard isn't really pertinent to the conversation at hand.
bigwhitehound

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

Cure a Vampire?? Are you nuts?? We hunt them down and kill them all, no quarter given or asked.
The only good vampire is the one you just staked.
Svartalf
Champion

since a staked vampire can still come back if not properly processed, it's not good yet.

Return to “Rifts®”