NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Mephisto wrote: I'm curious is it about the electrical nature of the characters nervous system and movement of electrical impulses through the characters body? Because if so, a power like "Nervous System Overload" could entail sub-abilities like:
Power Feats (generating power through the muscles to inflict more damage or enhanced leaping; melee only), Immune to electricity (body absorbs it), enhanced reflexes (electrical currents increased while heart rate decreased), Impervious to Pain, and Low/No Pulse (decreases movement and reactions, but makes the character quiet and lessens heat signature). Of course, the use of abilities would lead to a higher fatigue state with each ability used, so it better be used sparingly.

I like this idea for a power.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Mephisto wrote: I'm curious is it about the electrical nature of the characters nervous system and movement of electrical impulses through the characters body? Because if so, a power like "Nervous System Overload" could entail sub-abilities like:
Power Feats (generating power through the muscles to inflict more damage or enhanced leaping; melee only), Immune to electricity (body absorbs it), enhanced reflexes (electrical currents increased while heart rate decreased), Impervious to Pain, and Low/No Pulse (decreases movement and reactions, but makes the character quiet and lessens heat signature). Of course, the use of abilities would lead to a higher fatigue state with each ability used, so it better be used sparingly.

I like this idea for a power.
I like the idea as well, but it will require some time to write up.

Nervous System Overload (Major) by Stone Gargoyle and Mephisto
"Stand back, I'm on overload."

The character can send bio-electrical impulses through his body which overload his nerves but give him bonuses in combat.

1. Power Feats: When overloading the nerves and muscles, the character can gain increased agility and become impervious to pain.
Range: Self
Duration: One melee round per level of experience.
Damage: Increased strike damage, adding +1d6 to all Hand to Hand strikes. The power also damages the character, inflicting 1d6 damage per melee round he is using it.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action per melee round to maintain effects.
Bonuses and Effects:
+6 to Spd
+1d6 to all Hand to Hand strikes (as noted above)
+2 feet to leaping distances
+2 to PP
Strength becomes Extraordinary
Impervious to Pain
Drawbacks and Limitations:
Fatigues at twice normal rate when power is in use.
The character takes 1d6 damage for each melee round the power is in use (as noted above).

2. Immune to Electricity: The character is immune to the effects of electricity due to his body's natural ability to absorb it. The character also takes only half damage from other forms of energy attacks.

3. Enhanced Physical Endurance and Prowess: The character has the following bonuses to his physical endurance when not performing power feats.
Bonuses:
+2d6 PE
Fatigues at half normal rate
+2d6 PP
+10% to all acrobatics and gymnastics skills, as well as climbing

4. Slow Pulse: The character gains +10% to prowl due to being slow and careful, and has less of a heat signature, making any efforts to track him by such means at -10% to do so.

Does this make sense or does it need modification?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Challenge for you Power Generating Masters...
Make a major version of "Frequency Absorption"

One way of making a major of this would be to increase all the ranges and MAKE IT DO DAMAGE when retransmitted, like from the microwaves and sonic resonance. Increasing the bonuses to skills related to communications would also be a plus. Some of the powers we have on the boards already do what a major version of this power would do, such as my Starscream power. I could play with the power and come up with something, I'm sure.
I should also try to get that Pulse power written up and on the boards.

I did not forget about this request, Nimmy.

Frequency Absorption (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

This is the ability to absorb and negate/cancel/block television signals, cell phone transmissions, radio waves, microwaves and similar transmissions. Unlike the minor version of this power, the character can affect "hard-lines" (i.e., wired telephone and TV cables) by touching them.

Range: 500 foot radius around the superbeing per level of experience, or a distance of 100 feet per level of experience. when touching "hard-lines". The character may knowingly reduce the range of effect or target one specific receiver/transmitterdevice within range (does NOT have to be line of sight).
Damage: None per se; blocks communications. The microwave absorption can, however, be used as an attack for damage (See Absorb and Redirect Microwaves below).
Duration: Ten minutes per level of experience.
Capabilities:
1. Jam All Transmissions: The character can stop all radio, television, satellite, and microwave transmissions in a radius around himself by concentrating to do so. Includes jamming surveillance and listening devices, GPS transmissions, etc. Uses two melee attacks/actions per melee round. No receiver/transformer within the radius of effect can get or send a signal until the character stops jamming.
2. Radio Communications: The character can think and send his thoughts out on radio frequencies and hear transmissions received in his head as if he were a living shortwave radio. 300 mile range (480 km) per level of experience. This is a two-way communication, able to send and receive. Can also intercept and eavesdrop on radio and cell phone transmissions even if scrambled or laser transmissions. Can also see and listen to television transmissions.
3. Absorb and Redirect Microwaves: The character can absorb microwaves without harm to himself and either cancel the transmissions or absorb enough energy to use it as a microwave blast. Said blast can be shot for 100 feet pet level of experience and does 1d6 damage per level of experience, with the range and damage completely under the control of the character should he wish to shoot a reduced blast. Blast uses one melee attack/action.
4. GPS: The character can also intercept and use GPS satellite information to find his way around the world.
5. Sense Communication Systems: Can sense the sounce of any transmission within range and pinpoint its exact location with 98% accuracy. This ability allows the character to sense television signals, radio and microwave transmissions. Adds +10% to all Communications, Computer or Sensor (use/operation) skills.

How does this look?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

One way of making a major of this would be to increase all the ranges and MAKE IT DO DAMAGE when retransmitted, like from the microwaves and sonic resonance. Increasing the bonuses to skills related to communications would also be a plus. Some of the powers we have on the boards already do what a major version of this power would do, such as my Starscream power. I could play with the power and come up with something, I'm sure.

This is the ability to absorb and negate/cancel/block television signals, cell phone transmissions, radio waves, microwaves and similar transmissions. Unlike the minor version of this power, the character can affect "hard-lines" (i.e., wired telephone and TV cables) by touching them.

Range: 500 foot radius around the superbeing per level of experience, or a distance of 100 feet per level of experience. when touching "hard-lines". The character may knowingly reduce the range of effect or target one specific receiver/transmitterdevice within range (does NOT have to be line of sight).
Damage: None per se; blocks communications. The microwave absorption can, however, be used as an attack for damage (See Absorb and Redirect Microwaves below).
Capabilities:
1. Jam All Transmissions: The character can stop all radio, television, satellite, and microwave transmissions in a radius around himself by concentrating to do so. Includes jamming surveillance and listening devices, GPS transmissions, etc. Uses two melee attacks/actions per melee round. No receiver/transformer within the radius of effect can get or send a signal until the character stops jamming.
2. Radio Communications: The character can think and send his thoughts out on radio frequencies and hear transmissions received in his head as if he were a living shortwave radio. 300 mile range (480 km) per level of experience. This is a two-way communication, able to send and receive. Can also intercept and eavesdrop on radio and cell phone transmissions even if scrambled or laser transmissions. Can also see and listen to television transmissions.
3. Absorb and Redirect Microwaves: The character can absorb microwaves without harm to himself and either cancel the transmissions or absorb enough energy to use it as a microwave blast. Said blast can be shot for 100 feet pet level of experience and does 1d6 damage per level of experience, with the range and damage completely under the control of the character should he wish to shoot a reduced blast. Blast uses one melee attack/action.
4. GPS: The character can also intercept and use GPS satellite information to find his way around the world.
5. Sense Communication Systems: Can sense the sounce of any transmission within range and pinpoint its exact location with 98% accuracy. This ability allows the character to sense television signals, radio and microwave transmissions. Adds +10% to all Communications, Computer or Sensor (use/operation) skills.

How does this look?

I likes. basically an increase in range and the ability to affect hardlines. Cool.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Capabilities:

How does this look?

I likes. basically an increase in range and the ability to affect hardlines. Cool.

As well as making the Radio Communications ability silent (it kind of seems like the original power would be heard by everyone around) and adding a microwave attack. Just small tweaks, since the minor was already pretty powerful.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer has not posted powers in a while. Oh, Iczer...
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Iczer has not posted powers in a while. Oh, Iczer...

OOps. My bad.

I have been a little busy with finding new work.

to tide you over:

Fuel Consumption: Major
'I'm done fighting...I gotta go brush my teeth'

The character can absorb petrochemicals, including gasoline, kerosene, petrol and to a lesser extent tar.

1) absorb petrochemicals. The character can absorb two gallons of petrochemicals for every PE point, and a further 2 gallons per level. He can do so by touch, or can summon them from up to 60 feet away. In the case of natural gasses, he can absorb a 30 foot cube for each gallon he could absorb. The chemicals are absorbed by the character on contact. In this manner he can drain a fuel tank dry (though depending on the size of the tank, it may have to involve a little shuffling, and the tank must be open for this to work) If the petrochemicals are bonded to a target (such as them being coverd in tar) they become unstuck. if they are on fire, the fire is extinguished by the absorbtion (No damage). In this instance, a chemcial based flamethrower would inflict no damage.
2) Metabolise petrochemicals. The character can survive by consuming 2 gallons of petrochemicals he has 'absorbed'. It takes 60 seconds to consume 2 gallons of absorbed chemicals, and it supplies all the character's food and water needs for a day. He can also 'process' 2D4 gallons per melee round. Processed petrochemicals leave the character's body as a non-toxic organic residue (mostly pleasant smelling gasses and liquid) Each Gallon processed equates to about half a gallon of liquid. Processing takes no time or actions to perform, but the characer may need to wait until he has somewhere to dump it. The liquid can be drunken by human beings and is mostly water. The gas released is very much like a fruity perfume and fills an area as described above (one 'gallon' of released gasses occupies about a 30 foot cube.) The smell is enough to wipe out the scent of most targets in the area.
3) Chemical expulsion: The character can alternatively use the stored petrochemicals for more dangerous purposes.
* Can spew a gout of flame. 60 foot range with +2 to strike and inflicting 4D6 damage. this removes a gallon.
* Emit toxic smoke: fills a 60 foot across area with choking smoke. apart from general blindness (-4 to combat based rolls) targets will begin to suffocate. 1D6 damage per round to all targets that breathe, and a saving throw vs lethal poison or take a further 3D6. any target taking damage alos loses an action from the gagging and choking. The cloud lasts one round, and chews a gallon of stored matter. it requires an action to create and maintain the cloud.
* Exude Processing chemicals: the character generates one quarter gallon of a liquid that eats other petrochemicals. this can be gently sprayed on a target, or squirted up to 30 feet away (+3 to strike). Tar, petrol and other petrochemicals are dissolved by this fluid. sprayed on a substance made of oil or tar, it inflicts 6D6 damage. it is foul smelling and tasting, but otherwise non toxic
4) other abilities: half damage from heat and flame. Can breathe otherwise toxic smoke clouds from burning petrol, oil or rubber (but not simple wood fires, and cannot see through them). +1D6 to PE. +4D6 SDC.

Superior Jacobson Organ: Major
'Oh oh....I know what you two have been up to...'

The character has an enhanced Jacobson organ, supplying him with not only an enhanced sense of smell (Identical to the minor power: heightened sense of smell) but also a superior Vomernolnasal sense. The Vomernolnasal Organ (VNO) is an auxilliary organ not normally found in human beings, and is keyed specifically to sense pheremonal scents.
The character has a 'sex' sense in short. able to sense when a target is in heat, or is aroused. The character's brain is capable of extrapolating this data more effectively as well, and the character can tell the source of a target's arousal (or cause).
It's not all about sex though. The character can also detect fear in a target (as well as the source) as well as anger and adrenaline. For up to thirty minutes afterwards, the character can sense the general activities associated with these scents. The character can tell from a person's sweat whether he has been fighting, exercising, or other types of activities.
Then character is an excellent matchmaker, able to sense whether two people are attracted to each other.
Other abilities: treat human smells as 'common' odours (Pg 234 HU2). +20% to track people and recognise people by scent alone. +2 MA. +2IQ.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nice powers, Iczer. I like what you did with Fuel Consumption.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Nice powers, Iczer. I like what you did with Fuel Consumption.

Thanks man. It feels a little....rushed though. My bad.

It's summer here, which means crushing rain. It just takes me longer to go anywhere and I'm getting stranded a lot.

I'll be posting regularly soon. I have an idea's book...honest. I'll jot in it next time I'm at a bus stop.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Mephisto wrote:I'm still having trouble believing that Superior Jacobson Organ is a major power, it just doesn't feel major to me. It had that Blur, Underwater Abilities, and Fireworks level to it. Am I the only one that feels that way?

It is indeed very weak for a major power.

1 x Minor power
2x very small attribute bonuses. Neither apply in combat.
Simulated empathy. Flawless, presuming smell, but limited to the fear/arousal spectum of emotions.
Minor non combat abilities. (enhanced tracking and scent)

I agree if it's a major, it's the gimp of the majors.
to boost it It needs something weighty, like a significant combat bonus, or extra utility ability.

* Immunity to suprise
* bonuses to seduction and PB
* Bonuses to associated skills (street wise, public speaking, cooking etc)
* enhanced sense of taste?
* Immunity to overpowering scents (is able to seperate the smells and ignore innapropriate ones)

Let me get back to it.

Batts
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Both powers felt a little off to me. Fuel consumption and The organ one could have been much better.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I thought Superior Jacobson Organ was okay, but then a lot of my Majors tend to run on the conservative side.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Mephisto wrote:I'd nix the Extraordinary Sense of Smell and call it a minor power (the rationale being that the character is smelling phermones, that are outside of the "normal" smelling ability of extraordinary sense of smell) and thus with two minor powers you could get the same range of powers, with room for up to two or three more minor powers or one major.

I'm just tired of them already (Not to mention a little embarrased at their slipshod nature. Please don't put these in the black vault)

Got some new ones though.....

Blood thirst: [Minor]
'I don't drink.....cola'

The character's dietry needs have been supplanted with blood. Human blood is good, but animal blood works just as well.
A 'meal' of blood, about one quart, sustains the character for 1 day per level of experience (Half as long if the blood isn't human blood)
While fed, the character cannot be dehydrated, and does not feel the effects of starvation, and is immune to fatigue. If fed, he needs only 3 hours of sleep per night and can go for 3 days without sleep if necessary. While 'fed' the character ehals at three times the normal rate. The character can safely drink all manner of blood as long as it is not especially unsanitary (off, diseased etc)
The character's sense of taste is exceptional when it comes to blood. he can identify the source (Which animal, and the animal's gender) as well as any special blood borne traits the blood may posess. The first sip identifies if the blood is poisoned, or is diseased.
The character becomes hungry for blood when he is no longer 'fed' (IE the duration has run out) He is distracted (-2 to initiative, -10% to all skills and now needs normal sleep, as well as fatiguing twice as fast) but unharmed for one further day per level of experience. then starvation sets in. The character loses 1D4 HP per hour while starving. he loses a further 10% on all skill use not connected with hunting and tracking prey, but gains a feral savagery (+1 attack and +4 to damage).
The character can imbibe small quantities of other liquids, but can no longer digest solid food.
Note: this power does not actually grant the character the ability to feed. He may need to bring his own straw.
Other abilities: +1D4 PE. Immune to powers that affect the blood.

Kindness of strangers: [Major]
'I've always relied on...well being popular for one'

The character radiates a kind of psychic charisma, which is not very potent, but is very braod reaching. In essence, most people subconsciously attempt to aid the character. They don't need to know him, or even know of him, but people go out of their way to assit him. They just don't know they are.
The smallest effects are simple. Cashiers give him too much change. People let him into available car parking spaces ahead of them. crowds part slightly to let him pass, but cluster to impede people chasing him. This power is in effect very subtle, broad reaching and works completely on everyone's subconscious.
The GM will have to adjudicate how this works from situation to situation. Strangers will not think twice about performing the smallest of favours, without being prompted. larger favours will of course, require the target to think about it, voiding the power entirely. Tangible in game benefits include:
* Making it through traffic with ease, as drivers subconsciously avoid him, and even clear out a lane ahead of time, while disrupting the any pursuit. the opposite is also true, with escaping targets finding traffic to be awkward, inconvenient and impeding.
* Getting easy access to information. People pretty much drop any rumour they have heard of to this character, and becuase of the way the power works, they attempt to be relevant.
* The character can make ready cash quickly. people start 'losing' the occasional dollar, spare change, in a specific spot near the character.
* Villains are more likely to surrender. If the character becomes too wounded to fight, most villains will ignore him in favour of more dangerous opponents (Rather than finish him off while he's wounded)

Other bonuses: +2D4 MA. +15% to seduction and +10% to any skills that rely on getting along with others.

Deep thought: [Minor]
'I need to be alone with this'

The character becomes more brilliant when away from the distractions of other people. When alone, as in totally alone the character gains several bonuses.
* When no other sentient mind is within 30 feet of him, he gains +6 IQ and + 10% to all skills.
* When no other sentient mind is within 30 feet of him AND he can neither hear nor see any one (such as in an enclosed room, isolation tank, hidden basement, complete darkness etc) He gains +10 IQ +6 ME and +20% to all skills. Purely mental tasks are done in 1/4 of the time, and penalties for distractions or difficult/alien technologies are halved.

The character is also acutely aware when he is observed. The character may sense the presence of minds within his 30 foot range. he cannot pinpoint their locations, but he does know if there is a 'hidden' astral or psychic presence within this range (unfortunately, this also disturbs him, disrupting the power..so it's a mixed blessing.

Sharkskin [Minor]
'I...Just don't like being touched that's all'

The character's skin has the ability to become hazardous at will, even by reflex. Tiny folds of the character's skin, reinforced by hardened keratin lie flat until he wishes them to do otherwise. The character enjoys the following bonuses:
* AR 11 In addition, the rough nature of the character's skin allows him to handle sharp objects without harm
* +25 SDC
* anyone grabbing the character will see themselves get lacerated for their trouble. any grab, grapple or unwanted touch will inflict 2D4 damage (+1 per level). Likewise, every action spent grappling inflicts the same damage (in addition to any other actions). anyone taking lacerating damage to hands or feet need to make a saving throw Vs Pain (14+ PE bonuses apply) or abort the action. the character can use this to 'brush up' on a target inflicting the above damage (No PS bonus) creatures with a natural AR of 14+ or any artificial armour with an AR of 12+ are sufficiently padded against this aspect of the power.
* +10% to climb and an effective +4 to PS and PP when attempting to keep hold of a target while grappling.

Dodge [Minor]
'Missed me. Missed me. Missed me. Missed me.'

The character can reflexively accellerate his body to avoid damage, swiftly moving out of the way, at the expense of his own endurance.
After a character has been hit, but before damage is determined, the character can activate this accelleration and simply move aside, as if he had dodged the attack. This does not expend any actions, but does strain the character. The character can alo shift about a foot or so, so he cannot avoid some impacts (explosions, car crashes, rains of acid etc)
Every time the character dodges, keep a tally of the strike roll. when the running tally exceeds his PE (+20 per level) he has become fatigued (-1 action -10% to skills, half speed and -1 to all combat actions) from that point on, each 'dodge' uses 2D6 SDC, and lowers his PE score by 1 (Until it hits 4 then he must pass out)
His fatigue total lowers by 5 for every melee of rest. when the fatigue meter is back to zero, the PE returns at one per melee. The damage done remains until healed normally.

Flatspace [Major]
'I Know a place I can hide'

The character can enter a dimension of flatness, a 2D space pressed against a solid surface. He simply needs to flatten himself out against a wall to enter this zone, and the area of flatspace corresponds to the surface he entered. In effect, his height is reduced to virtually zero, measurable only by nanometres.
While in flatspace, he is very difficult to see. he has a prowl of 85%, and is virtually invisible. unfortunately to the character, he is also blind o the world, though he can see enough to navigate flatspace, the 3rd dimension is unfathomably enormous that he cannot see things even an inch from his body. He can acutely feel vibrations though and as long as he has a general idea of where he is going, he can navigate across terrain.
He can move normally, at his regular speed, even up walls (His grip is proportionate to his strength, his mass is now negligable.)
Effectively, he can move across any surface, though any gap wide enough to accept him in his remaining 2 dimensions. in a single action, he can flatten himself, move his Spd in feet, unflatten and still make an action.(and gains a +4 to strike an unwary opponent. opponent makes a perception check to determine where he pop's up next) He can flatten and unflatten himself as a dodge manoevre (adding +4 to dodge if he does so)
He can be seen and noticed though by the very observant (need at least a 14 on a perception check, prowl skill not withstanding). To harm him is impossible, but he can be forced violently into our 3D space by breaking the surface he occupies. the strike roll is made as normal, and the character is unable to see this attack...the attacker is impossibly tall. if the damage exceeds the AR of the surface the character is on, and enough damage dealt (GM call) then the character takes 3D6 damage, loses 1D4 actions and is forced back into our 3D world.

The character can take objects with him, but not other people. It takes one minute per 100lbs to bring objects with him, and the same to reverse the process. The character could flatten a car, drive it to work, and then simply leave it flattened at the work site. the character has a mass limit of 500lbs per level, but can flatten objects piece by piece if he so desires.

The Gm is the final arbiter of what creatures are native to flatspace.

ArtHole [Major]
'Life imitates art, imitates life'

The character can cause local artwork to become a pivate living space. He can affect any normally 2D piece of artwork up to 30 feet in any dimension (but more than 8 inches). This takes a minute (4 rounds) to achieve. Once settled, the art work becomes a portal, that the character can enter. Inside the room, 50 feet across plus another 50 feet per level. on the inside it looks as if a 3D rendering, and looks as if composited of the same materials. (Photographs look real but everything feels a little glossy. a painting looks like everything has been made of paint).
On the inside the character can interact with the depicted objects. if they are people, they have an IQ of 8 and strongly believe they are the subject they depict (but are built from your mind, so speak your language, and know nothing more than you do. They are favourably disposed towards your character. If it comes to violence, they have two attacks, inflict appropriate damage based on the weapons they carry but have a PS and PP of 8, and an SDC equal to the the surface they are printed on (canvas for a lot of paintings, but a graffitti dragon could have the SDC of a brickwall). If a character enters a piece of art and severely affects the subjects inside, then the art will depict those changes to outside viewers (though the actions taken inside the artwork are still obscured from outsiders)

This power has three other major effects:
1) Time passes more quickly inside. roughly 4 times faster. an 8 hour stint talking to whistler's mother takes only 2 hours in the real world.
2) The character can attune up to his ME in pieces of artwork. Each attuned piece leads to each other though passages and portals traversable by the character. A character could enter a portrait of his siter he keeps in his den, stride through a door in that portrait to a field full of one of Piccasso's landscapes (a copy he keeps at his base), and then out through a lurid graffitti scene in Paris. distance is no object. If the character needs to attune a new body of work, then he must drop one of his others.
3) the character can take things and leave things in these bodies of work. he can carry up to 50lbs with him when he travels, and can leave them inside the artwork if he needs to for later retrieval. Taking things out removes them from the artwork. weapons inflict their normal damage as depicted. fictional weapons or objects inflict their nearest equivilant, up to 6D6, and have an SDC of 3D6 and an AR of about 8. they also appear as real as the medium allows.

Vector control: [Major]
'Leave the steering to me'

The character can alter the vector of an object in motion, in effect causing it to steer as he bends the force of momentum to his will. This allows him the following:
1) Deflect attacks. the character can bend the vectors of incoming attacks. This functions like an auto parry, using +8 vs projectiles, or +4 vs melee attacks (The subject corrects himself) energy attacks have no mass and cannot be deflected.
2) Alter course: by expending an action, the character can alter the course of a target by up to 30 degrees, plus 5degrees per level. People are forced to move at half rate to compensate and must make a sense of balance check or fall over (-20% if moving at full tilt). Vehicles need to make a control roll not to crash. flying characters and vehicles cannot trip and simply curve. if forced to crash into an object they may attempt a dodge (or pilot skill check) of 14+ to avoid careening into a solid surface. If under the control of a vehicle, the character gains +20% to piloting or driving skills, (and can even steer if the wheel is jammed)
3) Special attacks:
Stumble: By curving a target's trajectory suddenly upwards, the character briefly jumps into the air while in motion. the target must make a balance check or fall over, losing their next action.
Indirect fire: By curving the character's ranged attacks he can increase the likelyhood of hitting. curving strikes are -4 to be dodged. curving an attack counts as one action (and includes the strike roll)
Recover: if the character is knocked down (tripped, body flip throw, loses balance) he may attempt to right himself by makign a saving throw (14+ add strike bonus from PP score) this is automatic.
Gentle falling: if the character falls any distance, he may deflect some of his downward momentum into sideways momentum. he takes 30% less damage from any unwanted fall. Likewise, he may correct his juming angles while in motion and improve a jump's efficiency, increasing distances by 40%.

Personal kinetic energy conversion: [minor]
'I got chills...they're multiplying..'

The character can convert his own kinetic energy into another form of energy. This slows him down (his body's motion is is kinetic energy after all) but allows him to perform a number of stunts.
* Generate energy. The character halves his speed and attacks per melee. while doing so his mere touches inflict 4D6 damage from an energy source of his own choosing.
* Unmovable: anyone attempting to move the character will find him grounded and lacking the abiltiy to pick up speed. any shove, judo flip, or any other attempt to move the character will find that he flares up with energy instead. His mass is considered to be three times normal and his PS is considered double for attempting to shift this character . attempts to judoflip/throw or trip him are at -6. touching him in this state inflicts 4D6 of an energy type chosen by the character.
* Slowfall: the character can negate his downward velocity by emitting energy instead. the initial burst inflicts damage equal to that he would have taken if he fell normally out to 15 feet. this halts his fall, but he must continue to glow lightly to stay aloft.
* emit usefull energy: the character can create a flame equal to a torch, light enough to light an area up to 50 feet across, electricity to power a modern, complex appliance, or cold to chill a beer, just by shaking his fist.

Displace consciousness [Major]
'Attention My Y-Men..this is vitally important!'

The character can displace his sense, appearing in another place by projection alone.
He appears, but is not solid up to 5 miles away, with the same accuracy one can expect from teleportation. He can choose to silently observe (inwhich case he is invisible and innaudable) and can move around at a speed of 10. While he can observe and be observed if he wishes, he cannot affect the area he has projected to without returning to his body.
When he appears he forms an avatar of himself. this can resemble him, or appear as any idealised form. it has a HF equal to 13 (or less if he wishes to appear less manacing). he remains an obvious projection though (he can appear as someone else, but will be mistaken for a projection of someone else rather than the real deal).
The character is aware of events around his own body though, but the distraction of being two places at once cause him to lose -10% to skills and -1 attack per melee.
The character can project around himself, draping himself in his avatar. this disguises his appearance (but is obviously still a projection) and allows him to use his HF. It also allows him to protect his own senses (while projected, his eyes and ears function even if the flesh and blood versions are otherwise compromised).
If the character has nay superior senses, his projected self may use them.

Face plant [Minor]
'Doctor...could you see if you can remove this...thing from my back. It itches and won't stop talking'

The character can generate new faces on solid objects and people, in a bizzaire mockery of his own face. It takes 3 actions to form a new face on an object of appropriate size. the new face has an IQ, ME and MA of 8 and remains slavishly loyal to the character.
The face is effectively powerless, but can bite if appropriate (1D4 damage and a very tenacious grip). The face can spy, and has exceptional sinses of sight, hearing, smell and taste (not superhuman, but at least twice as good as the character) and has a singing skill of 75% and a imitate animal sounds and imitate voices of 60%. while not very bright, the faces have an excellent memory (heightened sense of recall)

If a face is planted on a person, they may make a saving throw to resist it (16+ PE bonuses apply). on inanimate objects, faces last one week plus one day per level. A face has 4D6 SDC plus 2 per level, but any damage done to the face is also done to the object/person. If a face is placed on a living person, the target may make a new saving throw every 6 hours to reduce the face's SDC by 2D4. when healed, the face is gone. The character can have up to one face per point of MA plus one additional per level.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:...Please don't put these in the black vault...

Already done, but if you really insist, I can delete them. Makes more work for me though, deleting all the links to said pages.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Already done, but if you really insist, I can delete them. Makes more work for me though, deleting all the links to said pages.

ah well...if they are already there (man you work fast).

No harm. I just rushed them, and I don't actually like them.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

ah well...if they are already there (man you work fast).

No harm. I just rushed them, and I don't actually like them.

Batts
Yeah, I know the feeling quite a bit lately. I have gotten rusty and even second guess powers I wrote in the past, wondering if they were too rushed.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Ideas for more powers are brewing. I should have some up within the next week.

Edit: Our internet at home is nonexistent, so I am not sure how long it will actually take me before I get more up.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

Has anyone compiled all these powers into 1 PDF? That would be amazing.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Juce734 wrote:Has anyone compiled all these powers into 1 PDF? That would be amazing.

No, but you can go to The Black Vault Wiki and view all of them online there.
At one point, a user who appears to be no longer active, had written a script where he could pull all of the powers from The Black Vault Wiki and compile them into a downloadable document, but alas, he is no longer active and no longer performs the service.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Magic absorption [Minor]
'Sorcerer supreme? More like sideshow freak'

The character absorbs magical energy when it is directed against him, disspiating and disrupting it.
Whenever the character is subjected to a saving nthrow Vs magic, if he succeeds, he instantly heals a number of HP and SDC equal to the PPE in the spell. Moreso, if he makes the first saving throw Vs magic, he may instantly attempt a second saving throw. If he succeeds a second time, then the spell he was affected by ends. This power does not affect spells that cause things to come into being (he cannot walk through a magically summoned force field for instance, though see below)
Other abilities. +2 to save Vs Magic.

Poison breath [Minor]
'Wassamatter....does my breath stink?'

The character can emit a powerfully dangerous toxin from his mouth. When this power is 'on' (Occurs at will on his action) anyone in very close vicinity (1-2 feet at best. automatically when grappled or being grappled) must make a saving throw Vs Poison (14+) or become overwhelmed by the fumes.
The fumes are both toxic and sickening. A Failed saving throw means taking 4D6 damage, and suffering a -2 to PE and a -2 to all combat rolls and -10% to skill performance for one melee round. Lost PE returns at a rate of one per minute. Getting close enough to do this requires that the character be within grappling range. a successful saving throw merely inflicts 2D6 SDC
At second level, the character can 'project' his toxic fumes, exhaling them up to 10 feet (plus another 10 feet every subsequent level). He has no bonus to strike, but the rapidly expanding gas cloud is -2 to dodge.
The fumes are acrid, eating away at soft tissue. simply not neading to breathe is not effective protection (though it does add +2 to the saving throw). a target must have no soft tissue exposed to ignore this power (either transmuted into an inorganic substance or have full environmental protection, or simply the ability to resist acid/acrid fumes)

Silicate brain: [Minor]
'The odds that you can outwit me are substantially not in your favour by a factor of 18.976'

The characte's brain is silicate, rather than organic. His thought processes are alien and infinately more complicated than a less complex mind, though it does alter the character's ability to empathise.
+4 IQ +2ME -4 MA. +10% to all purely sedantary skills, -10% to any and all 'people' skills.
The character's mind is highly resistant to psionics, giving him a +4 to relevant saving throws. furthermore his mind cannot be 'read' by anyone with an inferior (lower IQ) intellect. (Telepathy for instance is garbled)
In extreme cold, the character actually becomes smarter. in an environment of 32degrees F or colder he gains +2 IQ. at 0 degrees he gains a further +2. he is not especially resistant to cold in any other way however.

Absorbing Mist: [Minor]
'Shoot through this then'

The character can expell a mist that extends around his body for 10 feet (plus 2 feet per level) held close to him by his own power. anyone attempting any ranged combat though this mist suffers a-4 to hit (from reduced visibility)
The mist has a secondary function though. it absorbs energy. The mist when generated has SDC equal to the character's PE, plus 1D6 per level. energy attacks that pass though the mist inflict damage on the mist before passing though to the target. The character can restrict or allow energy to pass at will though his own fog (he could block lasers for instance, but not flames, or he could absorb half the damage and allow the rest though, or allow his friends to fire unimpeded while return fire is blocked.) Targets transformed into energy forms take damage equal to the SDC of the cloud as they and the cloud attempt to cancel each other out.
The cloud's SDC replenishes every melee round it is maintained (Requires one action per round to maintain) and heals to full every time the character expends an action to regenerate it.
The cloud's absorption makes it feel 'cold' to the touch. It blocks Radar and sonar as well as thermal vision. IR targetting systems fail when being used through the cloud (the IR beam is absorbed)

Chemistry lab [Major]
'look what I can grow'

The character's body is a complex chemical lab, able to brew and manufacture complex chemical reagents.
1) chemical resistance: the character has a +4 bonus to resist chemcials, toxins and poisons, and takes half effect (damage and duration) if he does succumb. This extends to acids and toxic agents as well (half damage)
2) Bio-chemical assault. The character can brew one of the following chemical agents as an action, and expel it as an additional action. He can continue to expel the same agent over and over again until he needs to change it. The agent is 'squirted' from an oriface (mouth, nose, belly button) or the character can spontaneously grow one (counts as an action) Agents can be squirted up to 30 feet with a +2 to strike.
* Corrosive: Inflicts 4D6 to organic or inorganic targets (chosen when brewed) inflicts 2D6 one melee round later
* Toxic: Target must save vs lethal poison or suffer 2D6 damage direct to HP
* Irritant: target suffers from a rash, suffering -4 to initiative and -2 to all combat rolls for 2D4 melee rounds.
* Poison: target must save vs non lethal poison or become sickened (lose one action per round, -2 to all combat rolls an -10% to skills) for 2D4 rounds.
* Hallucinatory: target suffers from vivid hallucinations. save vs non lethal poison. failure means the target must save vs HF 15 each melee round for 2D4 melee rounds (alternatively this can be awe factor, for 'pleasureably' hallucinations)
* Volitile: The spit explodes on contact inflicting 4D6 to everyone within 8 feet of the target.
* Incediary: Spits a gout of flame inflicting 4D6 damage. alternatively this can be a cooling agent inflicting the same damage.
* Nerve agent: target saves vs lethal poison every round for 2D4 rounds. each failure reduces his ME and PE by one. Attribute loss recovers at a rate of one point per day (one per hour under medical supervision)
* Endorphins: target becomes hyper and feels a rush of pleasure. save vs non lethal poison or enjoy a +10 to speed, +1 attack per melee -10% to skills for 2D4 rounds. 30% chance of suffering addiction every time this is used (roll on withdrawal chart when this expires if this is the case)
* Anti coagulant: Targets who get this in their eyes or mouht (Saving throw vs non lethal poison) start bleeding from the eyes, ears and mouht, losing one HP per minute for 2D4 minutes. in addition, during this period, any damage taken by sharp or peircing weapons inflict an extra 1D6 damage, and any 'normal' bleeding is doubled.
* Lubricant: this slippery substance is hard to stand upon, and covers a 10 foot area across. anyone in the area must make a sense of balance check or fall (lose that attack and initiative). if covered in lubricant the character is hard to grapple (-4 to any grab attempts) but must make a sense of balance check every round or slip and fall (as above) lubricant dries in 2D4 melee rounds. alternatively the character can create a glue or paste like substance. Targets "gobbed' in this fashion are unnafected for one melee round. in the next it begins to harden to a firm rubber. it gains an SDC of 4D6 and an AR of 8 but can only really be damaged by heat, extreme tearing, or cutting/piercing weapons. a gummed up opponent loses one attack per melee from the constriction. the rubber peels away in 2D4 minutes.
3) manufacture chemicals: If the character can contact and consume 6 ounces of a compound he may produce that compound at a rate of 5 ounces per point of PE per day. deliberate consumption (as opposed to accidental) is safe for the character, but internal analysis takes 6 hours. after this time the character can continuously reproduce that compound. the compound is produced as a liquid, and dries to a paste or powder. consuming a new substance voids the old one.
4) other bonuses: +1 attack per melee +10 speed (controlled adrenaline) Immune to pain (if he so desires) can operate up to -32 Hp (though at half combat bonuses and attacks) Immune to addiction (physical not psychological) +4 PE +30 SDC

Brain adoption: [Major]
'I just want you to be with me forever'

The character can absorb the brains of another. The target of this ability needs to be dead (but not more than an hour or so, and must have an intact brain) or helpless. The brain also needs to be physically cut from the head (so tools may be needed). if the brain is in contact with the character for one melee round, it is absorbed into the body (forming a lump where it settles) and is surrounded by a thick preserving gel. such a lump is around 14 inches long and weighs about 5 pounds (brain plus gel) and is as resistant to damage as a normal human brain.
The character uses the IQ, ME, and MA scores of any of the brain he has absorbed. he knows the identity, wishes, desires and memories of the brains preserved. if the brain is of a psionic character, he gains that character's psionic powers (But his ISP total is his ME score x2 +2D6 for each brain he has in storage).
He also has all the non physical skills of the brains he holds, though at -20%.
He can 'talk' with the brains he has in storage though thier co-operation is not assured, and they may simply choose to ignore the character. to coerce them he may need to use actual psionic powers (they get their own saving throws)
The character has a +20 SDC for each brain he has in storage. The character deforms to accommodate the new brain cases, gaining humps and bulges (-2 PB for each brain absorbed). he may sacrafice a brain at any time (consuming it) to regain 4D6 HP and SDC.
The character can only hold one extra brain per level, but after absorbing a brain, he can expel it again in its fluid. such a brain continues to 'live' for 2 days per level of the character, or indefinately if cared for as 'pets' (requires regular care and safe storage, like a fishtank).

Batts
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Iczer, would face plant be able to attach a face to another person without that person's knowledge, or does a person always know that they are being subjected to the power?
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

znbrtn wrote:Iczer, would face plant be able to attach a face to another person without that person's knowledge, or does a person always know that they are being subjected to the power?

It would be hard not to notice. The target grows a new face after all, that's the equivilent of a talking Boil or wart some 9 inches across.

If it were placed on the back, while the target was sedated, he might not notice it upon wakening, but eventually he would notice the lump on his back.

Batts
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Iczer wrote:
Absorbing Mist: [Minor]
'Shoot through this then'

The character can expell a mist that extends around his body for 10 feet (plus 2 feet per level) held close to him by his own power. anyone attempting any ranged combat though this mist suffers a-4 to hit (from reduced visibility)
The mist has a secondary function though. it absorbs energy. The mist when generated has SDC equal to the character's PE, plus 1D6 per level. energy attacks that pass though the mist inflict damage on the mist before passing though to the target. The character can restrict or allow energy to pass at will though his own fog (he could block lasers for instance, but not flames, or he could absorb half the damage and allow the rest though, or allow his friends to fire unimpeded while return fire is blocked.) Targets transformed into energy forms take damage equal to the SDC of the cloud as they and the cloud attempt to cancel each other out.
The cloud's SDC replenishes every melee round it is maintained (Requires one action per round to maintain) and heals to full every time the character expends an action to regenerate it.
The cloud's absorption makes it feel 'cold' to the touch. It blocks Radar and sonar as well as thermal vision. IR targetting systems fail when being used through the cloud (the IR beam is absorbed)

My first random thought about this power is that "Maybe this is what the char 'Pig-Pen' from 'Peanuts' has." :-D
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

These powers would make a great Rifter. Why can't you print them?! Even if there was a fundamental flaw in the game system they would be optional!

Why?
G
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Kovoston wrote:These powers would make a great Rifter. Why can't you print them?! Even if there was a fundamental flaw in the game system they would be optional!

Why?
G

you can go to The Black Vault Wiki and view all of them online there.
At one point, a user who appears to be no longer active, had written a script where he could pull all of the powers from The Black Vault Wiki and compile them into a downloadable document, but alas, he is no longer active and no longer performs the service.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Kovoston wrote:These powers would make a great Rifter. Why can't you print them?! Even if there was a fundamental flaw in the game system they would be optional!

Why?
G

Hmmm,
I guess my point is that the creative super powers, psionics, magic etc. are not considered cannon (in a writers standpoint) cause you can't say "see this book- on page XX" and such. There was an amazing amount of creativity and good ideas that CAN NOT be used as they technically (and legally) belong, not to Palladium, but to some unknown writer that is no longer around... It is a dilemma that has been talked about on these forums recently...
No one wants to go through the "You stole my idea..." scenario.

When you write and see a GREAT idea expressed then you want to credit that person at least, and at the most, ask for permission and pay them for their troubles. The Rifter may allow for that in some way not found on a forum.
Thanks,
G
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Kovoston wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:

Why?
G

Hmmm,
I guess my point is that the creative super powers, psionics, magic etc. are not considered cannon (in a writers standpoint) cause you can't say "see this book- on page XX" and such. There was an amazing amount of creativity and good ideas that CAN NOT be used as they technically (and legally) belong, not to Palladium, but to some unknown writer that is no longer around... It is a dilemma that has been talked about on these forums recently...

When you write and see a GREAT idea expressed then you want to credit that person at least, and at the most, ask for permission and pay them for their troubles. The Rifter may allow for that in some way not found on a forum.
Thanks,
G

All creators of powers and such are given credit @ The Black Vault
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Kovoston wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:

Why?
G

Hmmm,

Thanks,
G

Something which I'm quite thankful for NMI.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

When known if people inspired a power, I have even noted such for partial credit.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

MrTwist wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Kovoston wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:

Why?
G

Hmmm,

Thanks,
G

Something which I'm quite thankful for NMI.

Something that I think we're all quite thankful for.

Question: Are all powers in this thread in the black vault (excepting, of course, those powers that have appeared in the Rifter or one of the PU books)?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Severus Snape wrote:Question: Are all powers in this thread in the black vault (excepting, of course, those powers that have appeared in the Rifter or one of the PU books)?

Some authors have not given permission for their works to go into the vault. I am also way too busy to be able to post everything for other people, since anyone who has posted to this thread can join up at the vault and post their own works. I post stuff for some people routinely, such as Iczer, so the majority of the powers here are in the vault.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:When known if people inspired a power, I have even noted such for partial credit.

You've always been good about that, so I can vouch for you as a really classy person.

I certainly try to be.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Simulate death [Minor]
'Reports of my death were well and truely founded'

The character can, at will, Die. The death is real in all respects. He drops to negative his PE in Hitpoints (though his SDC remains). respiration and circulation ceases, and his body temperature begins to stop. any medical exam will reveal complete and utter death by any test they can fathom.

This feat is performed by transfering his hitpoints into an intangible and invisible energy (not unlike a ghost). this energy is bound to remain with the body, and can remain so for as long as he feels is necessary. He cannot stray more than 30 feet per level from his body though. The character can always choose to complete the process and simply pass on.

As a ghost, the character has as many hit points as he posessed as he 'died'. When he merges with his 'corpse' he will arise with those Hit points, except where;
* Each day of decomposition. 2 HP required
* Reattach a limb: 4 HP
* Regrow a limb: 8 HP
* Regrow or regenerate an organ 6HP
* Reattach a head: 8HP
* regenerate from massive mutilation: 12 HP
* Regenerate from scattered body parts, head removal (either it's gone or it's the only bit left), skeletal remains, body pulping: 30HP
* regenerate from ash: 50HP
* regenerate from scatterd ash, atomisation, disintegration or molecular dissolution: not possible.

If the character cannot repair his body when he merges, he cannot ressurect.

Other bonuses:
While a ghost, he recovers 1 HP every hour.
Can thwart some forms of posession and control by spontaneously dying, and then coming back.
At third level, he may 'fake' a cause of death if he is examined by a medical professional. a paramedic roll (-40%) or MD (-20%) can determine that the death is faked, but not the real cause.
It takes no action to die, and it can be done 'out of turn'. it takes two actions to recover.
+20% to save vs coma/death
+2D6 HP
+2 PE

Groundhog: [Minor]
'I'll be seeing you'

The character can merge with the earth, only to return explosively.
1) merge with earth. if standing on earth, sand soil or natural ground (not concrete and not solid rock or stone) the character can drill quickly down, dropping 8 feet. this is fast enough, that it may be used to escape or dodge an incoming attack (requires one action, like a dodge. the total dodge bonus is at +6). While underground, the character is dimly aware of surface conditions though a kind of vibration sense. his movements are heavilly restricted (he's encased in earth) he can move up to 5 feet as an action as long as it's through earth, sand, broken ground etc. Those above will feel him moving around by his churning of the earth.
2) return to earth: The character may return above as an action. He may also 'burst' upwards at the cost of two actions. If anyone is within 5 feet of his location, he may burst upwards as an attack , inflicting 6D6 damage (plus PS bonus). parries are at -4 dodges are at -2 (unless the character posesses special senses. heightened sense of touch, Vibration, Seismic power etc) in addition, the attack spews rock for 10 feet in all directions, inflicitng 2D6 damage.

Kinetic roll [Minor]
'They see me rollin' they hatin' '

The character can curl up into a ball and project himself to collide with a target.
The character expends two actions, and becomes a tight sphere about 3 feet across (whether he just pulls his arms and legs in or literally turns into a ball is up to the character). The character hurls himself forward a number of feet equal to his PP score (plus 5 feet per level).
As a ball he inflicts 4D6 damage, plus there is a chance that the target is knocked backwards 1D4 feet (plus an additional D4 feet at levels 3,5,7,9,11,13 and 15). The target must weigh less than 300lbs for the knockback to occur, and the target may make a sense of balance check to avoid being knocked back. any target suffering Knockback has a 30% chance of knock down (plus 5% at levels 3,5,7,9,11,13 and 15)

If the attack is parried (target must posess a shield, or extraordinary PS or better to parry this attack) Or the target is too heavy to knock down, then the character ricochettes the same distance up to 180 degrees and may make a new strike roll on a seperate target. the character may make one such extra ricochette attack every level. (a 5th level character could bounce between a wall and a target over and over until he had made 5 such attacks for instance)

Other bonuses: the character takes no damage from a fall if he can 'bounce down to it. if he cannot he only takes half damage from any involuntary falling damage.

Batts
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Snipped in full. Double post. sorry

Batts
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Iczer wrote:Snipped in full. Double post. sorry

Batts

Very good set of powers Iczer! Wish we could see them in a Rifter. My group was just talking about a power with death in it!

Very cool!
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Why wait to see them in a Rifter when you can print them out here or at the Black Vault Wiki site. You just have to click somewhere on here to see the printable version.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Venom inversion [Minor]
'Foul thing! prepare to taste thy own venom'

The character can perform a type of bio-manipulation on a creature or target. If that target has any sort of venomous ability (natural or through super power) the venom turns inward and violently assaults the target.
Performing this act requires an action, and the target must be visible and within 60 feet (plus 10 feet per level)
If the target has a venomous attack, then he must make a saving throw 14+. If he has any specific bonuses to save vs poison or toxin, he does not get it against this power (but he retains any PE bonuses to the saving throw)
If the saving throw fails, then the target is afflicted with his own poison. if he has multiple types, he may choose which one takes effect. If he is immune to poison, or at least immune to his own poisons, then he takes half effect (duration damage and penalties) if the target is merely resistant he is affected in full. If the target has limited uses of poison, then this power triggers one of those uses.

Accumulation bolt [Minor]
'It starts out weak, but you should see it build a head of steam'

The character can fire a bio-energy blast (or an energy type of his own choosing) for 4D6 damage, with +2 to strike out to a range of 120 feet. This blast requires one action to perform.
If his next immeadiate action is to fire again, the damage increases by a dice. this continues until he reaches a whopping 20 dice or has to stop to perform another action.
The blasts pack additional punch as well. after the first melee round, each blast ignores 2 AR of targets, with an additional -2 to an opponent's AR every subsequent melee round.
Each subsequent blast also adds 30 feet to the range.

Skill spawn [Major]
'I can't drive, but I have a pet that can'

The character can spawn simple biological critters; fleshy pods of boneless goo that exist only to serve their creator. These critters have a kind of matter empathy and can learn from what they touch.
It takes an action to form one of these critters, which have 3D6 SDC and 1D6 HP (from the creator) such creatures have a Spd of 3 and negligble strength and agility. They can adhere to an object with an extraordinary PS of 30 though, and can climb walls at it's normal speed.
Each creature, seeks out a target f the character's choosing, often an object, and adhere to it. when they do, they gain a kind of intrinsic ability to manipulate and operate it. when created, the character grants it a single skill at 62% (+2% per level of experience) or in the case of weapons 3rd level in ability. if the character has the chosen skill, the extruded pseudo pod has a +10% bonus (or 4th level proficiency) the character has a choice of 8 skills it can grant, with a further skill at each subsequent level.

Such a creature could, act as a chauffer for instance, or could be extruded to pick a lock, undo a safe, disarm an explosive device, hack a mainframe etc. if holding a weapon, it can operate it once per round. It is too weak to swing a sword, but can fire a rifle.

Absorbing a critter returns expended HP. a dead critter allows the character to heal the lost HP.

Infective empathy [Minor]
"I've got you....under my skin...'

The character has a kind of poison that he may transmit to others. This venom does not hurt the target, it merely bolsters empathy.
The character chooses one of the following methods of contact.
* Stinger. inflicts 2D4 damage (plus PS damage bonus) a strike roll is required to infect a target
* Spit. can spit a glob of this out to 30 feet. it's skin active, meaning it must strike exposed flesh but the target has a -2 to the saving throw if it can (called shot) strike the eyes or mouth.
*Gas cloud. can spit out a cone of gas out to 6 feet. targets who breathe it in must make the saving throw

An affected target must make a saving throw Vs poison (16+) or become infected for 1D4 melee rounds per level.

The character recives glimpses of a target's thoughts, via a kind of empathic link. while it's not mind reading, the target telegraphs everything he does. The character can tell when a target is lying, and his emotional state. He also gains a +2 to all combat rolls (including damage) against that opponent. he can also sense the presence of any of his own infected.

Metal plague [major]
'Sorry Bob, I gotta wreck your car to destroy that cyborg. casualties of war my friend'

The character can create a metal destroying vortex from the point on which he stands and expanding outwards.
By expending 4 actions, the character creates a zone 30 feet across in which all metal items corrode and breakdown, losing 1 AR and taking 6D6 damage.
By expending 2 actions each subsequent round, the zone expands 30 feet in all directions.

No metal is safe. this power attacks on a molecular level, and it corrodes lead just as fast as iron. complete shielding is effective though. the paint on your car will not save it, though the metal girders inside concrete supports will be safe. Incidentally, this same features keeps the iron in your blood safe.

The character can also expend 2 actions to concentrate this power on a target in an affected area. that target takes the danmage and AR reduction an additional time.

Maintaining this power requires the normal 2 actions to do so as mentioned above. the character's Spd is reduced to a mere 1/5th normal while doing so.

The power's maximum range is 300 feet

metal weapions and objects quickly become useless. Bullets fired into the area from outside inflict half damage. bullets already in the area inflict no damage

Batts
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Has anyojne done powerrs that differed in effect based on how the power was activated? Say like someone getting different types of powers based on if they ate something hot or cold, or if they drank a certain flavor of coffee? Just an idea I had while drinking my espresso...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:Has anyone done powerrs that differed in effect based on how the power was activated? Say like someone getting different types of powers based on if they ate something hot or cold, or if they drank a certain flavor of coffee? Just an idea I had while drinking my espresso...

No, not specifically. There have been powers which did different things based on the color energy they produced and whatnot, but I don't think there have been any which varied based on stimulus. It might be something to explore. I have been playing with the notion of different powers based on coffee flavors, but that was more how the power expressed itself, not based on triggers.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Gryphon Chick wrote:Has anyojne done powerrs that differed in effect based on how the power was activated? Say like someone getting different types of powers based on if they ate something hot or cold, or if they drank a certain flavor of coffee? Just an idea I had while drinking my espresso...

Interesting:

Triggered power: Probably a major.
>insert some sort of quote here..probably like 'I'll get to you mega fiend, AFTER i have this lovely espresso'

Power summary goes here: player has the ability to acquire/change a (minor) power based on food/drink he has injested.

* character selects one minor power as a default.
* power changes based directly on a trigger specified on character creation. the trigger swaps out the old for the new.
* at levels x y and Z gains an additional trigger and an additional minor power to accompany.

Alternatively:

multiphasic power [Minor]
Insert another quote here

Summary: minor power like ability, that alters if certain state is met.
Default: energy blast 1D6 per level of experience 120 foot range, energy type determined at creation, +2 strike with aimed shots.

Heat trigger: If hot food or drink has been consumed in the last 5 minutes, the energy blast vanishes and is replaced with (For example) +12 PS
Cold Trigger: as above but power is replaced with: (for example) +30 Spd

I'll work on that

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:
Iczer wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:Has anyojne done powerrs that differed in effect based on how the power was activated? Say like someone getting different types of powers based on if they ate something hot or cold, or if they drank a certain flavor of coffee? Just an idea I had while drinking my espresso...

Interesting:

>insert some sort of quote here..probably like 'I'll get to you mega fiend, AFTER i have this lovely espresso'

Power summary goes here: player has the ability to acquire/change a (minor) power based on food/drink he has injested.

* power changes based directly on a trigger specified on character creation. the trigger swaps out the old for the new.
* at levels x y and Z gains an additional trigger and an additional minor power to accompany.

Alternatively:

Default: energy blast 1D6 per level of experience 120 foot range, energy type determined at creation, +2 strike with aimed shots.

Heat trigger: If hot food or drink has been consumed in the last 5 minutes, the energy blast vanishes and is replaced with (For example) +12 PS

I'll work on that

Batts

Or everyone's favorite vice triggers: alcohol, smoking, too much Internet (techno trigger), driving trigger...the list can go on and on and on and on...music and video trigger (Holographic Memory Projection I'm looking at you)

Yeah, it does seem as if the possibilities would be endless.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Iczer wrote:

Interesting:

Alternatively:

I'll work on that

Batts

Or everyone's favorite vice triggers: alcohol, smoking, too much Internet (techno trigger), driving trigger...the list can go on and on and on and on...music and video trigger (Holographic Memory Projection I'm looking at you)

Yeah, it does seem as if the possibilities would be endless.

Unlimited even.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

Mephisto wrote:
Iczer wrote:Unlimited even.

This quote makes me think of Boo Boo from the Yogi Bear cartoons.

Snagglepuss even, heavens to megatroidz!
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

wolfsgrin wrote:
Mephisto wrote:

Get your quotes right. It's "Heavens to mergatroid".
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

Severus Snape wrote:
wolfsgrin wrote:
Mephisto wrote:

Get your quotes right. It's "Heavens to mergatroid".

lol. Been too long I guess. Thanks. Sorry unhijacking. Now back to regular power posting!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Hello I need some help, can anyone tell me where in the Black Vault and or make for me some matter expulsion powers that is grenade and missile based please I need them A.S.A.P. Thanks...

Grenade Based/Related
Feel free to use the search feature of the Black Vault! ;)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:I did sir but I saw nothing that was the hero makes a grenade or missile and shoots it at a target...

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Grenadier
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... bomb&go=Go
Also Weapon Melding from either PU1 or PU3
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Bio-weapons: [Major]
'I don't need a sword to defeat you, I just need your lungs'

The character can create weapons of varying complexity from living things.

1) rend and tear: By first grabbing a target, the character can pull a lump of their flesh from their body. After a successful grab, the character can expend 2 actions 'tearing' at his target. The target must make a saving throw (14+ apply any PE modifiers). if successful, the target takes 2D4 damage (Plus any PS bonus of the character). If it fails, the character inflicts 6D6 to the target and forces them to make a roll on the temporary damage chart. The character can simply perform rips and tears against flesh and bone, gouging with his flesh deforming fingers, inflicting 2D6 damage (Plus PS damage bonus). Invulnerable characters, characters with natural AR or other biological protection take half damage from this power and have a +4 bonus to the saving throw. Characters who are no longer flesh and blood (transformed into an inorganic substance for instance) are immune to this power.
The character can use this power on himself in a pinch. he takes half damage and he does not need to grapple himself. He can use it on plants as well, and if immobile, he does not need to grapple first either.

2) Forge weapon: as he draws the flesh from a living being, he is simultaneously forging a melee weapon from it. The weapon is well made and inflicts damage typical to its type, to a maximum of 2D6. At third level he can form Bows,(Generates 2d4 arrows along with the weapon) and at 5th level his wepaons can inflict as much as 3D6. at 7th level he can produce handguns (holding 4D6 rounds) and his damage maximum crawls to 4D6. at 10th level his maximum damage becomes 5D6. He is automatically proficient with the weapon he has just created, using the appropriate WP at his own level (Or at +3 levels if he already posesses the appropriate WP)

When using a forged weapon, it responds well against the original target, gaining a +1 to strike and parry that target, with +1D6 damage.

The forged weapons resembles the weapon it is meant to be, but also is definately made of flesh and blood, and is independantly alive (if pulled from a plant, it resembles a living thing). If left by itself and not 'killed', it will wander around looking for food and shelter (or if a plant, it will attempt to root into the ground.) If necessary, presume any discarded wepaon has the same statistics of a very large rat or small dog.

3) Other abilities: The character absorb his own weapons when he is done with them, repairing the damage. He also Knows 2 ancient WP skills. He can also form simple tools and objects, relatively uncomplex of equivilent size.

Viral Bite [Major]
'Let me taste you'

The character has the ability to infect others with loyalty.

1) Bite: the character has a bite attack with which to transmit his allegience virus. The bite has a +4 to strike (only) and inflicts 2D6 damage. The teeth are designed to punch though most body armour (-4 to AR and natural AR) but the target must be susceptible to viral agents (must have a bloodstream for isntance) for any subsequent effect.

2) viral inflection: Targets bitten remain unscathed for one melee round. in the next melee round, a potentialy infected person must make a saving throw vs disease. Initially this is 12, but it rises by 1 at levels 3,6,9,12 and 15.
Targets who make the save are fine. Those that fail lose thier first action as the virus kicks in.
Infected targets gain the following:
* One physically obvious mutation, chosen when the character first gains this power.
* a Slavish loyalty to their biter. alignment does not change, but they do consider the biter their best friend. they willingly obey the character's desires (as they view them)
* -4 PB but +4 PS and +6 Spd and +2 initiative.

If an infected character is forced to perform actions contray to their alignment, they may end the effect on themselves. this takes 2 actions, and the target takes 4D6 damage burning the virus out of them.

3) duration: Duration is one round per level, and a further 1 round for every 2 MA the character posesses. If the target is already an ally, friend or willing victim, the duration is doubled. slavishly loyal targets will willingly allow themselves to be reinfected unless being bitten would reduce them to 0 or less SDC.

Light gliding: [Minor]
'Look ma, I'm an angel'

The character can generate soft light wings or sails from his back in order to soar.
The wings allow the character to glide, flying normally at his Spd attribute through the air, half speed while climbing, double while falling. The wings are intangible, being made of light and can be made to vanish at will. If in daylight or bright, artificial light, the character is extra mobile, gaining +1 attack per melee in flight and double his normal speed.

The character takes half damage from light and lasers, and heals twice as quick in bright sunlight or daylight. His wings, when formed, produce as much light as a dozen torches.

Extract thoughts (Bio telepathy): [Major]
'Hold him down. We will get this out of him the hard way'

The character can cause a target to generate living memories. The process is painful and typically resisted but varies from target to target.
The character must contact the target for a full melee round. it can be accomplished through a grapple, but a helpless target is better.
The target experiences great pain when this occurs, and loses a single HP for each attempt.
The character simply concentrates on a particular memory or thought he wants from the target. A lost memory up to an hour. the code to a nearby safe. the location of a safehouse. a greater plan. any single simple block of information or memory is fair game. The target makes a saving throw vs psionics, but uses his PE bonus instead of his ME bonus. after the first melee round, the target loses the HP and a maggot like worm crawls from his flesh (Typically though the third eye region). This maggot can be consumed by the character to reveal the memory, or stored and 'fed' indefinately. If the target made the saving throw, the maggot contains trivial or unrelated memories or thoughts. if he fails, then the maggot contains the desired information. It is important to note that succes or failure is unknown until the maggot is consumed. If the memory or thought is unknown to the target, he automatically makes the saving throw (in which case, eating the maggot reveals that he does not know).

The eater retains the memories for 1D4 hours before it fades to simple and basic details. after this point, the target 'remembers' the memories he has lost. if the maggot is kept alive, then the memories stay lost until 1D4 hours after it has died (or if the target can eat the maggot himself, then they are restored). A maggot if given no predators and regular food can live forever if kept safe.

Of course this can be used to torture and kill. a restrained character will simply lose 1 HP per melee round as the maggots crawl out of him. a person killed in this fashion will have obviuosly facial scarring and curious 'burrow' marks in his head.

Medically, the process can be used to retrieve lost memories (as long as they are merely buried) and to mitigate insanity (3 maggots can contain an entire insanity) or to repress a memory that is unwanted. It remains a painful experience though.

Seal [Major]
'My home is a private place. I don't think you could enter if you wanted to'

The character can wrap an area outside of space and mind essentially locking it away for a duration.

1) People and objects. a person or small object shouded in this power essentially vanishes from sight. it remains present, but is overlooked by anyone who could notice it. The character still see's it, but anyone else must make a saving throw vs psionics to notice it at all. The target can move slowly (one quarter speed, no greater than 5) to remain 'shrouded', and loses this condition if they perform any strenuous activity.
Even if seen/noticed, people still need to make a saving throw to affect it. If we notice a shrouded window, we still need to make a saving throw to open it, even if we know it's there.

2) Locations: more strenuous is the ability to simply make an area vanish. at first level the character can make an area 15 feet across vanish in the same manner. at third level, he can make an area as large as a house vanish. at 7th level he can make a small office building vanish. at 10th he could make a large structure or small ship dissapear. at 15th level he could make a whole city block vanish.
an area made to vanish is effectively ignored by all living creatures, and avoided if at all possible. if evidence or necessity forces a target to interact with an area, then they may make a saving throw to notice it. The workers at a vanished factory would show up to work, and make their saving throws to enter. those that fail would walk back and forth around the property confused as to why they can't find their place of work. If found, then a target may enter the area safely.

3) combat applications: if the character shrouds himself or another in combat, all targets get an opportunity to notice the vanished character (but still need a saving throw to target it effectively). the caracter can shroud himself(or another) in response to an attack. this counts as a dodge (uses an action) but the attacker substitutes his strike roll for the saving throw. shrouding an area in combat, allows the character to duck and weave through that zone. his opponents will see him vanish in one spot and return in another, or it will give the character some breathing room. In any case, those watching him dissapear get a saving throw to notice the hidden zone. shrouding an enemy commander may cause temporary confusion as his minions will not be able to, temporarilly, see or hear him and his orders.

4) other notes: people subconsiously avoid shrouded people and areas. they have as much difficulty teleporting into such a zone as they do walking into it. a small shoruds are semi permanent and last as long as desired, or until seen though, or broken. Large ones last for the character's ME in days, but the character can shroud only one area at a time. the character can only shroud a person or place while within close range and within sight of it. shrouding a small object or person requires an action, shrouding an area takes 1 melee round.

Sunshine: [Minor]
'warm in here? I hardly noticed'

The character can cause the fission of small hydrogen atoms in his vicinity, usually from the air. they react with oxygen to create the equivilent of a tiny star, the size of a softball, illuminating an area 120 feet across with warm, simulated sunshine. creatures that abhor or react to sunlight treat this as real sunlight.

The Ball is hot. direct contact causes 6D6 damage, but physical contact is enough to warp and disintegrate this faux sun. The character can attempt to create such a ball of sunlight on or near a target. he makes a strike roll with a -2 to strike, and can only affect targets within 30 feet.

Created suns are short lived, halving thier size every melee round as they burn all their available fuel (typically burn out after a minute). they are very real suns though, shedding all manner of EM radiation, distorting communications and delicate electronics. their masses are infintessimally small though, hardly enough to be noticed as they collapse into short lived black holes at the end of their cycles.

If the character concentrates (one melee action per round) he can move his created sun up to his ME in Feet per round, and extend their lifespan. after a minute,they double in size, turing orange, and double a minute later turningred. a minute after that they puff out.

Batts
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Psycho feed [Major]
'I relish your pain'

The character radates fear or sorrow, feeding on the anguish he creates

1) generate emotion. The character can, by expending an action every round, generate either fear (HF 13) or sorrow (saving throw 14+ ME bonuses vs psionics apply). this aura affects all targets (except himself) within a 30 foot radius (plus 5 feet per level). aperson under the effect of HF is affected as usual. a sorrowfull person suffers uncertainty, loses an action per round, and is -2 to all combat actions and -10% to skills)

2) feed on suffering. if anyone is affected by his aura, the character heals 1D4 HP or SDC damage per target, and he gains +2 PS and +2 Spd per affected target.

3) other abilities: while he generates his emotion field, the character enjoys a bonus 30 SDC which regenerates in tandem with his own SDC and HP. +4 to save vs psionics and +2 to MA

High on life [Minor]
'Of course I'm upbeat. It's my positive altitude'

The character gains +1 to all combat manoevres, +2 attacks +50 SDC and +10 to PS when more than 5000 feet above the ground. specifically, a gravity well within 5000 feet distorts this power, so artificially manipulating or creating such a well will negate this bonus. the ability to negate all gravity within 5000 feet would also enable this power even at ground level (but who could do such a thing).

Alien metamorphosis [Major]
'The longer i Wait, the more this thing overtakes me.'

The character is slowly becoming more and more inhuman, more alien.

At levels 1-3 the character remains human for the most part. he enjoys +5SDC and +1 extra D6 HP per level during this time, and his burgeoning alien biology allows him to heal twice as fast as a normal human. he also enjoys a +2 to save vs poisons and drugs and 'human' illnesses.

Level 4: gains a mutation. and +1D4 to an attribute of choice.
Level 5: gains either physical perfection, or feral. (PU 1)
Level 6: gains an environmental adaption as per the aliens section of HU. roll randomly.
Level 7: Gains another mutation.
Level 8: Inhuman intelligence +1D6 to IQ, ME or MA
Level 9: gains another mutation.
Level 10: Gains the morphology of an alien creature. roll randomly from the aliens chapter of HU2
Level 11: gains another mutation
Level 12: now regenerates at 5 times normal rate
Level 13: Gains a minor power
Level 14: Add 1D4 feet to the character and 8D6 pounds to weight. +15 SDC
Level 15: Final alien shape. gain an additional minor power.

Disperse impact: [Minor]
'Of course bullets will hurt. I'm not invulnerable'

The character's skin stretches the impact zone when touched or attacked, spreading the force over a larger area. The character can roll with even lethal blows from swords and bullets. In addition, damage from any kinetic source is reduced by 5% per level as the force is dispersed over surface area instead of depth.

The character is still vulnerable to massive area affect attacks. explosions, falls and car crashes do normal damage (it's already spread out)

As a last ditch defence, the character can convert impact into shoving force. if struck, he may halve the damage, but he is subjected to the knock back power (PU3)

These can be combined as the character wishes. it is possible to roll with a hail of gunfire (half damage) reduce the remainign damage by 5% per level, and then negate a further half instantly by being shoved away from it.

Burning Warrior [Minor]
'It hurts me to do this'

The character can shed HP to increase the harm he can do. he may simply sacrifice HP before a combat roll, to increase it by a like amount. shedding 5 HP can add +5 to a single strike, parry, dodge, initiative, even damage roll. if the adjusted roll, before normal combat bonuses, becomes a critical, then that blow was a critical. if it becomes a 20 then it's a natural 20.

The character can fight below 0 HP, all the way down to negative 25 before death, but his combat abilities, and spd are halved when he does so. His control is such that he can cancel his own bleeding (If conscious) and he heals HP damage at 4 times normal rate.

Other bonuses: +4 PE +4D6 HP

Fugue combat [Minor]
'I'll beat you Morrigan, time and time again'

The character can cause ripples of time to aid his own endeavours. by expending an additional action when he attacks, another him arrives and also attacks, from a different point in a variant timeline. He effectively rolls to strike twice, and the target is at -2 to defend against either. damage remains the same.

He can use this fuge to spend two extra actions to summon multiple variants, in which case the attack is treated as a short burst (is -4 to defend agaisnt and is doubled in damage)

He can fugue a parry as well (takes an attack along with the auto parry) but not a dodge or roll.

Other bonuses: 1 extra 'fugue only' attack per melee at level 1,4,8 and 12.

Dark Half [Minor]
'I can't bring myself to hurt you.....not like this'

The character can become another person, a darker,edgier version of himself. this version is identical to the character except as follows.
* -4 PB, -4 MA +4 ME +4PS
* Turns a dark, inhuman shade of skin (Black, Green, Red etc)
* has a different alignment
* immune to fear, typically more callous. gains +1 to strike and +2 damage.

The character is always in control, despite his dark half having the force of will to do 'what may be necessary', the character can always 'snap back' before his dark half does something he may regret.

Bio-energy conversion [Major]
'Fire? you mean firey red roses don't you?'

The character can turn energy into pure life force. this requires an action, and a type of parry (at +4 total) if negating an energy attack on his person. The character negates 2D6 damage plus 1D6 per level per 'action'.

The energy tries to become life as soon as possible (instantly even). grounding downwards intot he earth forming fungus, bacteria, simple plant life. the longer it goes on (in the case of a forest fire for instance, the larger and more complex the plant life becomes.

Energy turned this way can even heal a target, half the converted damage actually heals living beings (So a 4th level target with 20 damage, is shot by a laser cannon for 30damage could convert 6D6 or 20 on average. He would take the 10 remaining damage and heal 10 from the bio-conversion)

Exposure to strong sunlight allows the character to heal himself at 3 times normal rate, or can generate a quarter pound of plant matter per minute of concentration.

Other abilities: Takes half damage from energy normally. +40 SDC

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

What an AWESOME set, Iczer. I liked all of them and loved most of them. Great job!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”