The Mediterran Triangle &stuff

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Daeglan
Adventurer

Re: The Mediterran Triangle &stuff

Unread post by Daeglan »

triangles do have borders and have no affect over land. per undersea i believe.
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

duplicated message.
Last edited by mobuttu on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

mobuttu wrote:
Dr. Hellstromme wrote:If X is the spatial coordinate and Y is the local magic concentration, then how does the function Y(X) look like when crossing the (hypothetical or real) border? Like a step, or like a gradient? Sorry, but I cant be more explicit than that :D

I have always envisioned ley lines more like a wall than a gradient. Or, if you prefer, with a high concentration gradient on the borders with a constant "magic concentration" value in the middle of the ley line. On the other hand, we should bear in mind that as magic practitioners move closer to the ley line they increase their magic availability. This suggest some kind of "invisible" low magic gradient fading from the high magic concentration on the ley line "borders". Something like this.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

1) Is there any maps available on the Triangle? (after checking Underseas with a magnifying glass I came up with this: http://noro1.freeweb.hu/kepek/wiki_medi ... srifts.gif , I shall go with that if no better alternative comes up)

The first Beyond the Supernatural had a map of the world which included all six triangles. I don't have the revised edition so I'm afraid I don't know whether this map is still present.

Hope that helps.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Check the Rifts Game Master's Guide for a map. There are plenty of them in the back of the book. However, that particular region has yet to be covered closely by any books and finding a good/detailed map (a canonical one, that is) may be imposible.

As for you questions about Ley Lines and the Triangles, I would point you to the Ley Line Section of the Rifts Main Book or Ultimate Edition, and for the Triangles I'd point to the two Atlantis worldbooks. In particularly, Worldbook 2: Atlantis was the original writing of a Trriangle closest to a landmass (in fact, part of Atlantis is IN the triangle). Rifts Undersea would be another good source of Triangle information.

Lastly, as for any effects, I believe it is noted that Ley Line Storms are frequent and heavy in and around the Triangles.

Hope this helps.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

You guys could go read undersea starting on page 12 and read the next 8 pages about the triangles. since oddly that is where they are talked about.
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

MegaverseTraveller wrote:
Abub wrote:Makes me wonder if its possible to have magical irrigation of sorts to divert some energy from a line to power your magic based town or wizard tower.

Pyramid technology is specifically based on building at ley lines and nexuses, so I think it's conceivable that someone would design some way to tap into the "limitless" PPE to at least provide power if not more to a town or building.

I meant to touch on this topic with my post before. If you're looking at using the Nexus to power a town, just look at Lazlo and the Federation of Magic. The Council of Learning (Lazlo) is built over a Nexus.

If you're looking to divert Ley Lines, there are Ley Line Spells, Nazcan Line Mage, and Pyramids to do the job.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

ApocalypseZero wrote:
MegaverseTraveller wrote:
Abub wrote:Makes me wonder if its possible to have magical irrigation of sorts to divert some energy from a line to power your magic based town or wizard tower.

Pyramid technology is specifically based on building at ley lines and nexuses, so I think it's conceivable that someone would design some way to tap into the "limitless" PPE to at least provide power if not more to a town or building.

I meant to touch on this topic with my post before. If you're looking at using the Nexus to power a town, just look at Lazlo and the Federation of Magic. The Council of Learning (Lazlo) is built over a Nexus.

If you're looking to divert Ley Lines, there are Ley Line Spells, Nazcan Line Mage, and Pyramids to do the job.

Or look at Tolkeen in Coalition Wars 6: Final Siege; that is a city of magic built on a nexus and they have also found a way to divert the magic into little ley lines that they can direct where they want for the purposes of transportation. These little ley lines don't have enough power for a magic use to tap but you can fly TW flyers down them. This is very much like ley line "irrigation" in that it diverts some of the flow of the river (ley line) down channels to send it where it's needed.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Soldier of Od wrote:
1) Is there any maps available on the Triangle? (after checking Underseas with a magnifying glass I came up with this: http://noro1.freeweb.hu/kepek/wiki_medi ... srifts.gif , I shall go with that if no better alternative comes up)

The first Beyond the Supernatural had a map of the world which included all six triangles. I don't have the revised edition so I'm afraid I don't know whether this map is still present.

Hope that helps.

This is the first place I remember seeing a map for them. The other places that might have them are Underseas, the BoM, and/or the Rifts GM's Guide.

Emperor Ryu wrote:2. The triangles are basically made by the forming of the ley lines during the great cataclysm, and stay as they are. Living in the triangle might be possible, but ill-advised considering many demonic creatures hang in and around the triangle.

Actually they were created back when the Atlanteans created the super rift that eventually sent Atlantis away.

Return to “Rifts®”