Weigh in: Could a PSI-stalker become a Cyber Knight

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Re: Weigh in: Could a PSI-stalker become a Cyber Knight

Unread post by Lenwen »

Psi-Stalkers do not have the "Mentality" nor the "calmness" needed to become a Cyber-Knight. But if they could over come those obstacles then yes I would say yes.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Sure I'd allow one in our game.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ale Golem »

Page 23 of Siege on Tolkeen 4 states 3% of all Cyber-Knights are Psi-Stalkers.
Check it out and love it! http://www.badgreymatter.com/
barna10
Hero
Comment: Started playing Palladium in 1990.

Unread post by barna10 »

Ale Golem wrote:Page 23 of Siege on Tolkeen 4 states 3% of all Cyber-Knights are Psi-Stalkers.

Nice work Ale Golem
Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ale Golem »

All are welcome, although to be fair I was only able pull that particular particle out of my rear due to a recent GM argument regarding if a Grackle Tooth can be a Cyber-Knight or not...they can.
Check it out and love it! http://www.badgreymatter.com/
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

I remember reading that in SoT4. The problem is they don't say what a Psi-Stalkler Cyber-Knight is like. What psicic powers do they have? I mean, they still have to have to feed off of PPE. I'd like to see just how those are suppoed to mix...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

Hystrix wrote:I remember reading that in SoT4. The problem is they don't say what a Psi-Stalkler Cyber-Knight is like. What psicic powers do they have? I mean, they still have to have to feed off of PPE. I'd like to see just how those are suppoed to mix...

I'd say they get all of the psionic powers of the Psi-Stalker C.C. plus those powers common to all cyberknights (i.e. Create Psi-Sword, Create Psi-Shield, and Meditation). That should be all that is available to them IMO.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Hystrix wrote:I remember reading that in SoT4. The problem is they don't say what a Psi-Stalkler Cyber-Knight is like. What psicic powers do they have? I mean, they still have to have to feed off of PPE. I'd like to see just how those are suppoed to mix...

Personally, I'd use the guidelines found on page 83 of Psyscape. It's written for Stalkers who are Psi-Nullifiers and Nega-Psychics, but the principle is the same.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Judas
Dungeon Crawler
Location: England when summoned otherwise Hell, where I burn well.

Unread post by Judas »

Just remember because Psi-Stalkers are master psychics his Psi-Sword will do extra damage. Ultimate rifts improved the master psychic cyberknights psi-sword ten fold compared to SoT4.
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
-- Matthew 7:15
"Every girl looks good in the dark."
--Faraday's Law# 99

"A myth can die, but a legend is forever"

Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Yes, especially given that it's canon.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Mack wrote:

Personally, I'd use the guidelines found on page 83 of Psyscape. It's written for Stalkers who are Psi-Nullifiers and Nega-Psychics, but the principle is the same.

OK. But dosn't the Cyber-Knight Stalker still have abilites 1,2,6, and 8? They should definatly still have 6 (PPE nourshment), I assume all bonuses would be from the Cyber-Knight OCC not from abilities #3-5 of the Psi-Stalker, and there Psionics (ability #7) should be those of a Master Psychic Cyber Knight (as on page 64 of RUE)... I think #9 (MDC combat) should be nixed as well...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Hystrix wrote:
Mack wrote:

OK. But dosn't the Cyber-Knight Stalker still have abilites 1,2,6, and 8? They should definatly still have 6 (PPE nourshment), I assume all bonuses would be from the Cyber-Knight OCC not from abilities #3-5 of the Psi-Stalker, and there Psionics (ability #7) should be those of a Master Psychic Cyber Knight (as on page 64 of RUE)... I think #9 (MDC combat) should be nixed as well...

My opinion is no, Cyber-Knight Stalker would only have the CK abilities. The character would effectively be the mutant offspring of Psi-Stalker parents. However, there's just enough vagueness on p87 that you could make the opposite arguement.

GM's call.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”