Splicer sourcebook what would you like to see?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re:

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

runebeo wrote:Some psionic players, more warmounts, terminator type player, bio-borg type and a cure for the nano-bots

That's easy a trip through the mirrorwall, destroys all inorganic material
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Splicer sourcebook what would you like to see?

wildhood wrote:Armor that changes its shape & host creatures that transform.

oh oh or wait an ability on host armor that allows it to dissapear or compress into a growth on the characters back and "reappear" on the host on command with a burst of energy... oh wait that would make it even closer to a Guyver Unit :P
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

An OCC/RCC of renegade robot and/or minor renegade AI fragment that has escaped in a robot body.

Avatars for the AI fragments. Sure they are "female" but would Hecate appear as the semi-sexy cyberpunk chick that is depicted in the book or as a super robot unlike any other?

My idea I've never posted:
In Rifts I had a portion of Antarctica swap places with a Splycer house. So where there was once not but ice field there is now subterranean tunnels and on the surface a factory with some splinter A.I.s of the Nexus. They are Athena, Amaterasu, Brigit and Hel. Athena is a splinter of Freya that was created to research and horde knowledge (likely cause of the dimensional shift) , It is not known who Amaterasu is a splinter of but it seems to be either Lilith... or Eve she remains hidden in the background of all of the programs her singular job is preparing "the dawn" whether this is defined by its creator as the reemergence of Humanity, its extinction and ultimate domination by NEXUS, or a burnt earth contingency is unknown. Brigit is a splinter of Hecate and was made to relieve Hecate of the necessities of repairs so she could commit all of her time to design and manufacturing. Brigit can repair but cannot build more. Hel is a splinter of Kali and was made to dispose of human remains so that Kali could just move on to the next without having to worry about the corpses. She has since mutated and removes traces of humanity if an army was annihilated no hair, drop of blood or foot print is left as far as any can tell there was no battle.

Somewhere in Splycers there is a lake that occupies the land where a factory once stood and all the land near it. Spanning all the way to the nearest Splycer House filling the area that was occupied by the common Splycer underground labyrinth. All of this water is infused by the mystic energy that is present in rifts and it is as if it is somehow still connected. It is the one place that is not devoid of mystic energy. In other words if you want to bring in Dragons and other creatures of magic this would be a nifty way to make them still appealing to play but extremely challenging because they'd either have to go to the lake to recharge (at a decent rate compared to normal in Splycers) or could carry around vials to drink which would recharge a portion of their spent PPE/ISP, or wear vials of the water as talismans which slowly regenerate your PPE/ISP.

An actual map of the world.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Re:

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
runebeo wrote:Some psionic players, more warmounts, terminator type player, bio-borg type and a cure for the nano-bots

BEST IDEA EVER!!!
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

we don't even know if the splicers world *has* a mirrorwall, do we?
The Galactus Kid

just imagine...Spicers from the nightlands.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

world wide data ,maps around the planet
2) new splicer ware
3) new robots and new hardware new weapons
4) more info on the Technojacker and hardware for them as well
5) standard solider who don't use splicer tech
6) new war mounts as well yes this is good
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Re:

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

BEST IDEA EVER!!!

um... thanks, glad to hear you say so. 8) Sigged :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Shark_Force wrote:we don't even know if the splicers world *has* a mirrorwall, do we?

No it does not. It would be a dimensional portal that passes through the Nightspaw... oops Nightbane dimension.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

ZINO wrote:world wide data ,maps around the planet
2) new splicer ware

Remember that one of the issues with the maps is that apparently the AI is able to manipulate plate techtonics... at least I think I recall reading that somewhere.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
2) new splicer ware

Remember that one of the issues with the maps is that apparently the AI is able to manipulate plate techtonics... at least I think I recall reading that somewhere.

Yeah, you remember reading that. Maps are essentially worthless with the NEXUS able to terraform the planet at will.

I like the rest but how exactly would #5 be accomplished? Given the nonexistant ability to manufacture, well, anything, it's simply not possible to use purely nonSplicers tech and survive except in the retrovillages and they don't exactly need soldiers.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

demos606 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
2) new splicer ware

Yeah, you remember reading that. Maps are essentially worthless with the NEXUS able to terraform the planet at will.

I like the rest but how exactly would #5 be accomplished? Given the nonexistant ability to manufacture, well, anything, it's simply not possible to use purely nonSplicers tech and survive except in the retrovillages and they don't exactly need soldiers.

Well the number thing wasn't me it was ZINO but one way they could do it is develop manufacuring using plastics, ceramics and glass maybe?
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

manufacturing using plastics, ceramics and glass how about a plastics rail gun or and plastics handgun or basic R.P.G made of MDC plastics????????? body amour made of plastics light , medium ,heavy and super heavy
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

ZINO wrote:5) standard solider who don't use splicer tech

manufacturing using plastics, ceramics and glass how about a plastics rail gun or and plastics handgun or basic R.P.G made of MDC plastics????????? body amour made of plastics light , medium ,heavy and super heavy

a plastic rail gun (in the context of all-plastic) is just not a possibility.

and RPG or handgun could be possible, but the main problem is that if you're dealing out MDC from kinetic energy, then that same amount of energy *must* be applied to the person firing the weapon. so you could have something like an artillery piece dealing MD as a kinetic weapon, but a handgun is, by default, not very likely. (using the ramjet or exploding rounds from rifts is a possibility, but i imagine it would be pretty hard to produce them when there is at best an extremely limited degree of access to electronic equipment, what with needing to use only certain metals for it).

however, if you were to devise some sort of bio-factory that would produce the guns and the ammunition, i suppose it could be possible. but the thing is... in what way would it be better than issuing biotechnology-based handguns and armor? especially the gear that has unlimited ammo... it's very much a specialty sort of thing. you only really need it in a few rare situations. i could see technojackers wanting such equipment for trips into splicer strongholds, but mostly it just seems really excessive.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
demos606 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
2) new splicer ware

Well the number thing wasn't me it was ZINO but one way they could do it is develop manufacuring using plastics, ceramics and glass maybe?

the book tells us they have ceramic guns, but doesn't give us the stats. i want more technojacker equiptment. they have been neglected.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

I can say this much. You guys/gals are really touching on many things/subjects that we are working on, but only so much can fit in one sourcebook, so just because you don't see it in one book doesn't mean its not in the works for another more appropriate titled book later down the pipeline. Continuity and subject matter are key.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Premier wrote:I can say this much. You guys/gals are really touching on many things/subjects that we are working on, but only so much can fit in one sourcebook, so just because you don't see it in one book doesn't mean its not in the works for another more appropriate titled book later down the pipeline. Continuity and subject matter are key.

thank you for your answer and time to text this post from zino who loves splicer and can get enough
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

ZINO wrote:
Premier wrote:I can say this much. You guys/gals are really touching on many things/subjects that we are working on, but only so much can fit in one sourcebook, so just because you don't see it in one book doesn't mean its not in the works for another more appropriate titled book later down the pipeline. Continuity and subject matter are key.

thank you for your answer and time to text this post from zino who loves splicer and can get enough

No Problem ZINO and welcome to the Club I must say. Splicers IMHO is a spectacular setting filled with tremendous potential & promise that is seriously slept on and its about time it jumps out into the fray. Carmen did an excellent job in getting this setting captured into one sourcebook and now that we are disecting things to give more I am just seeing so much potential for this that I literally can estimate 4-5 solid sourcebooks worth of material and still not touch on 70% of everything. Slappy & I have so many notes and conversation going into comprehensive discussion and research to make sure that we deliver the very best we can. SO much is complete and yet there is still some things that need to be wrapped so you all can see what we have been cranking on.
The Galactus Kid

Premier wrote:
ZINO wrote:

No Problem ZINO and welcome to the Club I must say. Splicers IMHO is a spectacular setting filled with tremendous potential & promise that is seriously slept on and its about time it jumps out into the fray. Carmen did an excellent job in getting this setting captured into one sourcebook and now that we are disecting things to give more I am just seeing so much potential for this that I literally can estimate 4-5 solid sourcebooks worth of material and still not touch on 70% of everything. Slappy & I have so many notes and conversation going into comprehensive discussion and research to make sure that we deliver the very best we can. SO much is complete and yet there is still some things that need to be wrapped so you all can see what we have been cranking on.

There will be a hole in my soul until this book comes out.

runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

The main thing I want to see is a little support to the line, even a little source book with just upgrades & new War mounts. Been years since Splicers came out and lots of talk about new source books coming, lets see some release dates. I'm get a little upset with lack of company support for to this line!
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

runebeo wrote:The main thing I want to see is a little support to the line, even a little source book with just upgrades & new War mounts. Been years since Splicers came out and lots of talk about new source books coming, lets see some release dates. I'm get a little upset with lack of company support for to this line!

Sigh... I can completely understand you frustration and I promise you that Slappy & I are doing all we can to wrap this first book up ASAP! I have painted & completed a cover, tons of art of new OCCs, Warmunts, Weapons etc., and Slappy has so many chapters & stat write-ups complete, but we need to fill in the last remaining necessities to turn in the script. This is not to mention material we have completed that we know wont go into this sourcebook but would have to be for several follow up sourcebooks and some for Rifters articles. The key for us now is focusing on the wrap up.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

The thing I'd most like to see is a breakthrough in reabsorbing host armor upgrades not war mount upgrades just host armor, that you no longer need or want. Say you want switch out something like elongated running legs for organic thrusters. With a buyback system new upgrades won't be out of range for player Bio-E points if you could reabsorb a few old upgrades and say get half the Bio-E back to play with. This could also curb players from overstocking their host armor and always trying to get Bio-E bonuses. Soak the host armor in a vat for a few weeks and it like a fresh suit to play with, sure would add some versatility and help to fix mistakes players regret later on, like when my buddy picked the snake body and grew to hate it.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
The Galactus Kid

runebeo wrote:The thing I'd most like to see is a breakthrough in reabsorbing host armor upgrades not war mount upgrades just host armor, that you no longer need or want. Say you want switch out something like elongated running legs for organic thrusters. With a buyback system new upgrades won't be out of range for player Bio-E points if you could reabsorb a few old upgrades and say get half the Bio-E back to play with. This could also curb players from overstocking their host armor and always trying to get Bio-E bonuses. Soak the host armor in a vat for a few weeks and it like a fresh suit to play with, sure would add some versatility and help to fix mistakes players regret later on, like when my buddy picked the snake body and grew to hate it.

Wait for Rifter #50.

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

runebeo wrote:The thing I'd most like to see is a breakthrough in reabsorbing host armor upgrades not war mount upgrades just host armor, that you no longer need or want. Say you want switch out something like elongated running legs for organic thrusters. With a buyback system new upgrades won't be out of range for player Bio-E points if you could reabsorb a few old upgrades and say get half the Bio-E back to play with. This could also curb players from overstocking their host armor and always trying to get Bio-E bonuses. Soak the host armor in a vat for a few weeks and it like a fresh suit to play with, sure would add some versatility and help to fix mistakes players regret later on, like when my buddy picked the snake body and grew to hate it.

What GK just said :D
wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Unread post by wildhood »

Splicers suits that can fly & operate in outerspace.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.

Return to “Splicers®”