GM screen?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: GM screen?

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

I use the old Rifts GM screen.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

There are 5 Palladium GM Screens out there - one PF, 2 RIFTS, and 2 ATB/TMNT. None have been on the market for many years, though various ones can be found second hand without too much difficulty.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

I'm actually in the process of creating a screen for Rifts. I'll submit it for approval from the palladium staff and others here on the boards to test it's functionality.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

I use a customizable screen from Hammer Dog Games. It has 4 panels with clear pockets on the inside and outside. I trim down the uncut covers that PB sells on the outside and use a mix of the old Rifts screen, notes and a few charts I created inside. Works great and is easy to customize for the game I am currently running.
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Reelman wrote:I use a customizable screen from Hammer Dog Games. It has 4 panels with clear pockets on the inside and outside. I trim down the uncut covers that PB sells on the outside and use a mix of the old Rifts screen, notes and a few charts I created inside. Works great and is easy to customize for the game I am currently running.

He's right, I've seen and admired that screen... its pretty swank. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

I agree new screens would definitely be nice.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Reelman wrote:I use a customizable screen from Hammer Dog Games. It has 4 panels with clear pockets on the inside and outside. I trim down the uncut covers that PB sells on the outside and use a mix of the old Rifts screen, notes and a few charts I created inside. Works great and is easy to customize for the game I am currently running.

Thats what I recommend. Use a generic screen and put your own info on it. Put player useful stuff on the outside, and GM useful stuff on the inside.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Lucky wrote:If it's not too much trouble, I might enjoy seeing a photo of your setup :)

Sorry for the delay in response. I will see about getting some Pics up soon. Still catching up after Origins. Also looks I neglected my Photobucket site too long and it was deleted. I will try and get something up this weekend.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”