Heroes Unlimited, Giant Mutant Animals!

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vladamir Krophski
Explorer

Heroes Unlimited, Giant Mutant Animals!

Unread post by Vladamir Krophski »

So I'm taking over a friends bi-weekly Heroes Unlimited game, great cool, no matter. The party is about 9 strong with a fairly wide range of powers and abilities with little overlap. They have some balck ops budget from the alphabet soup, and one of the pc's is a mega-hero analytical genius with the wealth option. The last chunk of campaign they ran through was a conspiracy with a rouge super intelligent AI (Neural Intelligence), who used copy androids to disrupt the goverment for his own twisted means. I figured they would need something a bit more light hearted after that dark chapter, so I concluded Giant Mutant Animals would be the next villan. The question i have is are there any pre exsisting rules on making enormous giant mutants to rampage their poor city? If not I'll cook something up, but I like to keep with the rules somewhat. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." Herodotus
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Heroes Unlimited, Giant Mutant Animals!

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Personally, I'd use TMNT&OS for giant mutant animals. That's got the tables for things up to the size of Jurassic dinosaurs, and the dinosaur stats to go with them. Roll-up a couple not-overly-modified T-Rex, and you've got yourself some top-hole godzilla subs.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Gazirra
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
-Groucho Marx

Unread post by Gazirra »

There was a table for Size Levels 21-25 written up by someone on the AtB board awhile ago.
Vladamir Krophski
Explorer

Unread post by Vladamir Krophski »

That seems to be the Idea, make the animal and apply giant.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." Herodotus
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I should mentioned that Rifter #44 had a selection giant monsters, several of them specifically for HU. Most were not animals, so it might not be what you had in mind, Vladimir. The Mora is a sea serpent written by Carl Gleba and drawn by Mike Mumah; it has a high animal intelligence and would be well suited as a monster to fight some high powered heroes.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

In a TMNT Adventure Doc Feral creates a machine that gives bio-E to animals and makes them grow at the same time. The end result is giant mice with superpowers. The adventure "Mouse Monster Menace" is in a book called TMNT Adventures!

There has been a giant debate on how well etc Doc Feral transitions from TMNT to HU, he has about 5 words in an official write up. If you don't know, he is a mad scientist - and one of the best villains around (he's not technically evil, which is even more fun). In TMNT mutant animals have no rights, so he can dissect them without facing criminal charges. With superheroes not underground in HU, to get the same effect he needs to be working for the government or something.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I revised those giant mice on the revised 2nd edition post. Maybe if the great and powerful
here's our summons he will post them here for us.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There is an adventure in the HUGMG that could be modified to replace the standard monster with the Giant MAs.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”