Random Country of Origin Generation

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Random Country of Origin Generation

Unread post by jaymz »

Nice work, this is really good for a BTS, N&SS, SF, HU, or Robotech Game (depending on the Era)

Maybe you could make one up for PFRPG too?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Nicely done.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Leon Kennedy wrote:
jaymz wrote:Maybe you could make one up for PFRPG too?

I don't play FPRPG, so I wouldn't know where to start. I'd need a list of continents and countries to start from in order to do it.

No worries either way this one is nice.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Very nicely done..... :ok:

\m/
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Pretty good, but it does seem a bit odd that only 10% of the characters in a given area would be from there (assuming you used the chart for all characters).
Maybe call that the "International Chart" and have a small chart before that. Like this quick sample for Americans (you may wanna tweak the numbers):

1-15: Setting city (whatever city the campaign takes place in)
16-30: Setting state (what state the campaign takes place in)
31-50: United States. Roll on the "United States" subtable of the International Chart.
51-65: Canada. Roll on the "Canada" subtable of the International Chart.
66-80: Latin America. Roll on the "Latin America" subtable of the International Chart.
81-95: South America. Roll on the "South America" subtable of the International Chart.
96-00: International. Roll on the full International Chart.

I think that a 2 chart system like that will serve you well. Plus, if you want to set the game elsewhere for a bit, you could make a similar quick and dirty chart for wherever, keeping local flavor to your locales without having to worry about tweaking your megachart, which would be a pain.
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Leon Kennedy wrote:
Overlord Rikonius wrote:Pretty good, but it does seem a bit odd that only 10% of the characters in a given area would be from there (assuming you used the chart for all characters).
Maybe call that the "International Chart" and have a small chart before that. Like this quick sample for Americans (you may wanna tweak the numbers):

1-15: Setting city (whatever city the campaign takes place in)
16-30: Setting state (what state the campaign takes place in)
31-50: United States. Roll on the "United States" subtable of the International Chart.
51-65: Canada. Roll on the "Canada" subtable of the International Chart.
66-80: Latin America. Roll on the "Latin America" subtable of the International Chart.
81-95: South America. Roll on the "South America" subtable of the International Chart.
96-00: International. Roll on the full International Chart.

I think that a 2 chart system like that will serve you well. Plus, if you want to set the game elsewhere for a bit, you could make a similar quick and dirty chart for wherever, keeping local flavor to your locales without having to worry about tweaking your megachart, which would be a pain.

I appreciate the feedback.

Normal people come from all over the world. Doesn't matter where you are at now, it's a matter of where you are from. And generally speaking, role-playing campaigns usually start off with "...You guys are all in [insert city/country name] for the purposes of...".

Heroes can be from anywhere, and everyone knows that if they want to just pick a place, then so be it. Yes, the odds that you would actually roll the location you are currently in is fairly small. But most campaigns take place starting in large cities where people from all over the world gather.

All this aside - if you wanna use my table, go for it. If you wanna use Rikonius's table, go for it. If you wanna use both, go for it. This was my first attempt at creating a random table, and I'm just happy that it's generating interest and discussion! :D

Well, if they wanna use my table, they have to use yours too :)
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”