No PPE question.

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

No PPE question.

Unread post by Steeler49er »

So, if you have no PPE due to it say being lost in a mass ritual by zombie worshipers (or in a cross-over game let's say that you're a mage that Just got cut by a Psi-Stalker and are drained), would the zombies Still consider you food or even see you in the 'Light' [pun]?
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Re: No PPE question.

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Personally, I would say yes, they can "see" you still, but you'd be the lowest priority target amongst a group of people who weren't drained. If you're alone/the last one/too close though, you're dogmeat. Also, PPE does come back relatively quickly - 15 minutes and you'd be glowing again.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Isn't P.P.E. the "life-force" to begin with?
Normal people in a non PPE rich enviroment shouldn't be recovering PPE so quickly should they?
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Gamer wrote:Isn't P.P.E. the "life-force" to begin with?
Normal people in a non PPE rich enviroment shouldn't be recovering PPE so quickly should they?

Negative. P.P.E. is the energy that allows performance of magical feats or the development of special abilities - things requiring potential. "Life-Force," in the only other usage of it in Palladium that I'm familiar with (Life-Force wizards), refers to hit points. If you're alive, you have it, and when you run out of it, you're dead. The particularly endearing thing about Life Force is that if it is absorbed when you die, say by a zombie, instead of just dissipating naturally, you cannot be ressurected. Not that Rezzing will happen in DR anyway, but just a worthwhile note for those doing crossovers.

The basic P.P.E. recovery rate is what occurs regardless of the environment, simply as a natural process. Where the environment comes in is if you're in a heightened P.P.E. area, such as near a Ley-Line, where there's extra lying around to be absorbed. If Beyond Arcanum sees the light of day, I'll probably go with whatever it says in there about recovery, as BTS is the closest to DR of the systems that use magic, but I don't intend on ever having magic in DR anyway, so ::shrug::
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

I see, haven't heard of life force wizards before.
Thought PPE was related to life force due to the double of PPE upon death.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

I think the PPE aspect is just there as a 'life force' that zombies feed on and to give it some quantifiable amount to measure things for zombies such as regeneration, etc.

Frankly, since PPE plays a role and it specifically mentions that animals with lower PPE aren't seen as well/aren't as tasty looking to zombies I'd like to see a rules change or just house rule on visbility.

I'd say instead of whatever the distance is, half mile I think at night or a quarter mile during the day being able to see PPE. I'd say it should be 100ft per PPE point during the day and 200ft per PPE point at night.

Got 10PPE they can see you from 1,000ft during the day or 2,000 at night, you 'luck out' and only rolled 3 PPE then they can only see you from 300/600ft. Your a kid and rolled high, 3,600/7,200...IE don't step out in the open, they are going to see you.

I also feel like this should work with the 'non-line of sight' detection. Its, what 60ft? (or is it 30ft?), so maybe it should be 3xPPE level, so if you have really low PPE the zombie might be able to detect you just beyond a door or maybe if their outside of your car while you hide under blankets, but much further away and your safe, back the kid with the high PPE they might be able to detect them from as much as 100ft (no point hiding in the attic of a normal house, they'll still detect you).

I just feel it makes it a little more 'game realistic' that the detect/sight range is dependent on PPE level if what they see detect is PPE/life force, the stronger the easier/longer. I'd say at 0 they should still be able to detect you or see you, but severly hampered. Since most humans have a minimum roll of 3 (3d6) I'd say anything at 3 or below the ranges are the same as if you had 3.
-Matt
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Well I have my answere. The zombies can still see the PPE infused in your HP. I have heard nothing stating in the books however stating that the zombies feed on any HP based life force (try not to forget that the word "Life Force" is used spuriously and often in ALL sci-fi, RPG's, comics, movies, novels, TV shows & etc as being a flexiablely and nebulously definded thing. Palladium books has described PEE as being a "life Force" energy and thus it is considered a form of LF).

I see no reason why at present Rezzing is out, but it sure seems next to impossible since you must first KILl the zombie essence off first in order to rezz the original person... And inorder to do that you'd have to inflict such greavious amounts of damage to the body that rezzing would nigh impossible... Again, assuming it was even ever possible in the first place.

One way or another, I see, read, hear nothing in the books stating that the Zombies feed off of ANY hp based life force, rather just PPE and nothing but, esspecially considering that the zombies beat the -/$&@ out of your body and thus leave you (the zombie) with Nothing in the way oF HP to consume like as in the case of Life Force Mages do.

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero

Gamer wrote:I see, haven't heard of life force wizards before.
Thought PPE was related to life force due to the double of PPE upon death.

Considering that the doubled PPE can be consumed by ANYONE (and not just zombies and LF wizzards) at the moment of death, and this has Never prevented ressurection before, since that PPE will be released no matter what, maybe we're looking at True LF energy and PPE (which is often described as being LF energy) as BOTH doubling at TOD.

Return to “Dead Reign™”