Comic Book Characters - Reaction to the World of Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmaster
Hero

Comic Book Characters - Reaction to the World of Rifts

Unread post by Nightmaster »

First and foremost this is not about conversions

That being said lest begin...

What you guys think would be the reactions of different Comic Book characters if they were rifted to Rifts Earth?

and

How you would introduce such characters into a campaign?

The example characters of my question are as follow:

Wolverine

Charles Xavier

Magneto

Wonder Woman

Batman

Green Arrow

Dr. Strange

Silver Surfer

Green Lantern (any of then)

Superman

Tony Stark

Punisher

Ghost Rider

Hulk

Nick Fury

Fantastic Four

Flash

Mystic (for those that maybe dont know she is the metamorph from X-Men)

Victor Von Doom Aka Dr. Doom

Kingpin

Daredevil

Storm

Cyclops

Iceman

Orion

Darkseid

Lex Luthor

Captain America

Red Skull

Mojo

Joker

Clayface (villain from the comic books of Batman)

Lobo

You guys can add to the list if you wish it would be cool to have that or another character in Rifts too.

Remember this is not about conversion so dont post conversions
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Comic Book Characters - Reaction to the World of Rifts

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Wolverine- Would operate pretty much how he does now.

Charles Xavier- Would extend his Mutant Rights agenda to include D-Bees.

Magneto- Would wage war on the Coalition.

Wonder Woman- Would focus on getting back to her own Earth.

Batman- Would get some power armor and kick some tail. Long term, he'd probably start taking over an existing arms company, or start his own.

Green Arrow- Would spend his time fighting the Coalition, probably operating out of the Burbs.

Dr. Strange- Would have plenty of mystic stuff to do. He'd probably try to restore balance to Rifts Earth by closing the Rifts or something.

Silver Surfer- Would hang around doing the hero thing until he got bored and flew off to explore the galaxy.

Green Lantern (any of then)- Hope they can recharge their rings.

Superman- Smack the hell out of the CS, and generally be happy that there's no kryptonite around.

Tony Stark- Start his own arms company.

Punisher- Wage war on the Coalition.

Ghost Rider- I don't even know which one is Ghost Rider these days, or what his motivations are.

Hulk- SMASH!

Nick Fury- Work for one of the CS's enemies.

Fantastic Four- Start their own company. Fight crime.

Flash- No idea.

Victor Von Doom Aka Dr. Doom- Same thing he does every night: try to take over the world.

Kingpin- Move to Chi-Town. Start organizing the crime there.

Daredevil- Move to the Burbs. Start fighting crime while trying to evade the CS.

Storm- Set herself up as a protector/goddess of some community.

Cyclops- Don't know what his current motivations are. He'd follow Xavier if possible, but if left on his own he'd probably brood about someplace fighting crime on his own. Maybe eventually try to form his own X-Men.

Iceman- Crack jokes. Float along. Set himself up as protector of a village, probably.

Lex Luthor- Start his own company or take over another one, and get back on with his "take over the world" gig in a Superman-less world.

Captain America- Be appalled at the Coalition and spend his time fighting them while trying to bring back the ideals of his own America.

Red Skull- Take over the world.

Mojo- Film everything.

Joker- Laugh a lot. Try to pull some master crime, then be completely astonished when he's shot and killed instead of getting put in an asylum to chill for a while.

Lobo- Fight the planet while enduring cries that he's "too munchkin."
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nightmaster
Hero

And how would you introduce any of then in the world of Rifts Earth or in a campaign? In what circunstances?
Nightmaster
Hero

Killer Cyborg wrote:Batman- Would get some power armor and kick some tail. Long term, he'd probably start taking over an existing arms company, or start his own.

Dont know about this one... Batman is pretty much against firearms and the like. I really cant imagine him starting a weapons company... :-?
Nightmaster
Hero

Killer Cyborg wrote:Ghost Rider- I don't even know which one is Ghost Rider these days, or what his motivations are.

Well the thing with the Ghost Rider in Marvel is that the guys is host to the "Vengeance Spirit" or something like that... the personal motivations really varies a lot from each Ghost Rider.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Nightmaster wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Batman- Would get some power armor and kick some tail. Long term, he'd probably start taking over an existing arms company, or start his own.

Dont know about this one... Batman is pretty much against firearms and the like. I really cant imagine him starting a weapons company... :-?

Power armor and other weapons more than guns.
Think he'd like neural maces?

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Nightmaster wrote:And how would you introduce any of then in the world of Rifts Earth or in a campaign? In what circunstances?

I wouldn't. ;)

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Nightmaster wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Ghost Rider- I don't even know which one is Ghost Rider these days, or what his motivations are.

Well the thing with the Ghost Rider in Marvel is that the guys is host to the "Vengeance Spirit" or something like that... the personal motivations really varies a lot from each Ghost Rider.

I'm familiar with the original Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze.
He'd just try to find a wizard powerful enough to rid him of his demon, Zarathos.
He never wanted to be a hero, just a happily married stunt-rider.
(He'd get a kick out of hovercycles, though!)

I only read the first dozen or less issues of the next Ghost Rider, Danny Ketch.
They started the character off as a badass creature who had no qualms about killing, but quickly morphed him into something that had inexplicably taken a vow never to kill a human being.
I can't guess what would happen with that one on Rifts Earth.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Wolverine--"I'm Normal"

Charles Xavier--"So much Work to be done"

Magneto--"Many more others to make war on."

Batman--"And they though ME! to be nuts."

Green Lantern (any of then)---"More then ever am I needed"

Superman--"too much to do too many to save...."

Tony Stark--"They stole my designs"

Punisher--"They thought I was over-reacting"

Hulk--"Hulk Smash"

Nick Fury--"not much has changed."

Flash--'ffuuuuusssshhhhh......'

Mystic (X-Men)--- *grins and disappears into the crowd*

Victor Von Doom Aka Dr. Doom---"this is my world, and no-one else's"

Lex Luthor--"money to be made and a world to control"

Captain America--"Fighting for the restoration"

Joker-- "they told me I was nuts, I'm normal when faced with those tentacled eyeballs"

Clayface-- "I'm gona play every part."

Lobo-- *not available for comment, found in a drunken stupor*
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Wolverine: As killer cyborg said, he would propably resurface his "patch" alias, acting as private agent, or more properly a ronin without a cause to fight for. He will likely set in the burbs(his natural element), but will probably pay a visit to canada. Is also possible that he will become leader of fearl Dog Boys, after all it happeend in past for him to become the leader of a wolf pack, so...

Charles Xavier: Well first will probably got his spine and legs fixed somehow, here dislike MU mystics and cyber docs are much less jerk about the use of their skills. Then he will fight for the coesistence of human and non human. Psionics will find him an awesome mentor. I can totally see him and Erin Tarn being big friends.

Magneto: He will start his war against humankind, appealing most posthumans(mutants and psionics..Rifts REALLY need some more NON psionic mutant RCC), claiming that the cataclysm is the proof that humankind had made its time.

Wonder Woman: She will try to go back her own earth, but at the same time she will feel a strong empathy toward the local amazons and atlanteans as well, fightign on their sight till she can make a clear idea of how to go back home

Batman: Batman will probably keep on fighting the bad guys, because he is THE BATMAN, will found a company by himself to fund his personal "war" but with time is likely to form a new class of jusitc bringer that make a dark counterpart to cyberknights and . And the idea of a Batman OCC will make most Rifts Player squeal and drool like a chipmunk in front of giant nut

Green Arrow: Will fight coalition but alos most of the weapon companies, guilty of the bloody situations as coalition is in his eyes. Will operate from burbs

Dr. Strange: It will result obvious to him that something is not quite right, as even with such high level of mystical energies, the dimensional portals/rifts, should not opened so often. He will investigate the deepest nature of Rifts cataclysm, to learn how to fix this brocken world.

Silver Surfer: He will do many heroic deeds, till the call from space will attract him, toward phase world, and toward the cosmic forge

Green Lantern (any of then): The ring should be found an alternative form of recharge, liklely by the hand of high level technowizard, with it they will try to bring the light of hope in the life of the innocent of Rifts earth.

Superman: will be Superman, plain and simple

Tony Stark: Will start a weapon company , with groundbreaking robotics and cybernetic systems( he will be not too comfortable with bionics). Also he will be picky about who sell his weapons

Punisher: His war never end. On the good side, here he could get bionic replacement without people complaining, don't know if he will ever willingly submit to MoM implants, but bionics will be an helpful tool.

Ghost Rider: The spirit of vengeances, will duh, avenge innocent blood, and with so many demons and evil spellcasters, not counting the human jerkass, well it will be miracle if he ever turn into his human form ever.

Hulk: SMASH, then as Banner will probably search help to cure his statues Splugorth, Genesplicers and Doctor Bradford on the other hand will love to dissect him to reply hulk's power.

Nick Fury: The ultimate spy, will start a game behind the scene, learning as many secrets he could, manipulating as factions and people and forming his own militia. Eventually he will become the secret leader of a NEW coalition, more tollerant and more strong than ever.

Fantastic Four: Reed Richards will start investigating the nature of Rifts, much like Doctor Strange but form another perspective, and together with his family will start a company , but more specialized on helpful non lethal discoveries. Unstable molecules clothes will be HOT on rifts market. The human torch will beocme a rock star amongst bursters, while the Thing will find many people not freaked by his outlook at all(well it depend but generally between full conversion cyborgs and Dragons, Ben look almost normal by comparison)

Flash: Fastest man alive, he will be the best pony express and delivery man of Rifts Earth(need to send a letter from Germany to Chi-Town...only 1 hour to wait, I've already other 12 deliveries ya know)

Mystic (for those that maybe dont know she is the metamorph from X-Men): There is always jobfor such skilled shapechanger, also the fact that she is resistant to psychic probes make her a valuable spy and assassin, and her amorality will ensure she will work for anyone(being a mutant human she theoretically could find job at coalition)

Victor Von Doom Aka Dr. Doom: Conquering the world no less. also , as usually happen when in crooked world like Rifts Earth, Doom will come out looking like an illuminate leader, instead of a ruthless dictator. Technowizardry will come natural for him, like most of things actually. He will despise Splugorth, but find them valuable allies, at least temporary, till he can got rid of them.

Kingpin: If he is not on suicidal mood, he will take control of Blakc Market in brief times

Daredevil: If he is not on suicidal mood, he will bcome the guardian angel of the burbs in brief times, while at same time running a promising "political" carreer. Cybernetics will allow him to recover, partially because is not just his eyes, his sight. He will fall in love but , as usual, his beloved one will eb killed by(roll on random table...possibly a zombie cyborg ninja with trasnplanted bullseye brain...)

Storm: Will become protector a small village and her powers will be awesome against vampires, making her fame reach her pre xmen times

Cyclops: Natural Leader, will form his band of militia, and act as talented leader he is. This won't change he is a Jerk. But hey that why we like him

Iceman: The world of Rifts is crazyenough to fit Iceman perfectly, he will find small place to protect, his elemental nature(hitned sometimes in comic) will grant him a weird empathy toward warlocks of water

Orion: Kick ass and take names. Thats what he do, tha's what he like to do, and he won't like in any other way

Darkseid: Try to use the Rifts to conquer the entire universe, because just one world is beneath Darkseid interest, and he is not a type to waste chance when he see one

Lex Luthor: in few weeks will beocme the most succesful young entrepreneur of the world, and in pair of month he will become invited to dinner with Emepror Prosek. few years and he will be the Emperor following the tragical death of his dear friend and his family due a vicious D-bee attack. Thankfully Karl had foreseen similar danger and decided for him to carry the burden of leading the Coalition somethignlike that woudl happen, there is a recording of course. And Doctor Bradford could guaratee as witness.(because if you can't believe Lex Luthor and Doctor Bradford who you could :lol: )

Captain America: I agree wiht Killer Cyborg.

Red Skull: Will probably try to conquer the world, and Coalition will be too sweet temptation. If you see the coaltions Skull boys sporting a new red color for their helmets, start worrying.

Mojo: Is show time, probably Splynncryth is an old friend, and Atlantis is one of the biggest and mos tporfitable market for Mojo shows.

Joker: The Joker chaotical nature fit Rifts earth very well, also he is not stupid, insane and murderous sure, stupid no. He will know that most of there people don't follow batman rules, so he will adapt, his phylosophy of chaos for chaos sake will make him a favored of some very nasty supernatural evil thing, who will just love his job and admire his skills. So he would get some guardian "angels" on his back, more or less.

Clayface (villain from the comic books of Batman)

Lobo
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Nightmaster wrote:First and foremost this is not about conversions

That being said lest begin...

What you guys think would be the reactions of different Comic Book characters if they were rifted to Rifts Earth?

This is like Asking what a HU2 Superhero would do in RIFTS.
Answer simple.
Heroes = SAVE people.
Villians = Out for themselves as usually.

and

How you would introduce such characters into a campaign?

The example characters of my question are as follow:

Wolverine = Is is the Best at what he does, and what he does is not pretty or nice.

Charles Xavier = Move to Lazo/New Lazo or Psycape and train young psychics to become hearoes
Magneto

Wonder Woman = Defend the Amazons on Rifts Earth.

Batman = Become the Batman all the time. Fight corruption and petty criminals in whichever High-Tech City he found himself in first. Then work on a way to get all the Heroes back to their own Earths. Might need some help though.

Green Arrow = Womanize and Fight Crime and seek out Liberal Causes to back.

Dr. Strange = Team up with Batman and others to get the Heroes home.

Silver Surfer = Be shocked that Humans can be worse than he remembered. Team up with Strange, and other heroes.

Green Lantern (any of then) = Summon the latern batteries and get to work. Then tam up with Batman.

Superman = Team up with Batman, and other Heroes. While Saving people when he can and is able.

Tony Stark = Freak Out, Team up with Doctor Doom and Strange to get home.

Punisher = Continue his Mission. Kill criminals. Hope the other Heroes take him back home. He would keep a few Rifts weapons if he can.

Ghost Rider = When Innocent Blood is Spilt... Team up with Strange to get home.

Hulk = Smash, Smash, Leave Hulk Alone. WWH returns.

Nick Fury = Would wonder why they couldnt have ended up in HU2 instead, Team up with Strange and other heroes. Forming an Ultimate Allience of Heroes

Fantastic Four = Reed would figure out his new invention had a Slight Side-effect...Team up with the other heroes to get home.

Flash = RRRRUUUUUNNNNNN !!!!!!!!! Once the Shock is over, team up with Batman and other heroes to get home.

Magick (Colosses Sister) = Go back to Limbo and return home with all the Heroes and Villians.

Victor Von Doom Aka Dr. Doom = Would come up plans to get back home, but keep this world in mind for the future. Alot of good weapons, Magics, etc...

Kingpin = Team with Daredevil and the Heroes to go Home.

Daredevil = Team-up with the other heroes.

Storm/Cyclops/Iceman = Stay with Xavior but try to get home with the other Heroes.

Orion= Teamup with heroes.

Darkseid = Seek the Anti-Life Equation on Rifts Earth.

Lex Luthor = Team with Superman.

Captain America = Team with Fury and the Heroes.

Red Skull = Bang his Cosmic Cube and say "This was not not Wish Blast You!"

Joker = Sh!t his pants and team with Luther.

Clayface = Become a Debee actor.

Lobo = P_A_R_T_WHY...#%&@. Supsthe Main Man needs help. New world new rules. Can we go home...

You guys can add to the list if you wish it would be cool to have that or another character in Rifts too.

Remember this is not about conversion so dont post conversions
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Nightmaster wrote:And how would you introduce any of then in the world of Rifts Earth or in a campaign? In what circunstances?

I wouldn't. ;)

Agreed. Too much trouble. :-)
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

For general info, I'd look to the Heroes Unlimited section of the Rifts Conversion Book.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

sashi138 wrote:yea... when I saw this list for the first time today

No conversions please. We don't want this thread locked. :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

sashi138 wrote: Considering its essentually my first time replying to this and a couple of other topic questions, and all in the same few hours when I poked at the forums... Im kinda not sure what to do that makes it "conversation prohibitied"... point me to where I need to read to understand more please

Forums of the Megaverse® Rules

6. Conversions
Posting the conversion (adaptation) of non-Palladium intellectual property to the Palladium Books game system will not be tolerated. Sorry. And in the same way, Palladium property may not be converted to other game systems. For a longer explanation of this policy, read on.

7. Palladium Books Copyrighted Material
No part of Palladium's publications/books may be reproduced, in part or whole, in any form or by any means, without permission from the publisher, except for brief quotes for use in reviews. This means you may not ask to have rules posted or stats posted just because you don't own the book. If you want that info buy the book. You can post the rule from a book in answer to a question, but please be brief or paraphrase the rule. In short. Just stick to your rule in question. Do not post entire books or multiple pages, PDF files, artwork, etc. If someone is asking where a rule can be found, it is preferred that you post the book title, page number, and where on that page the information can be found, rather than quoting it out of the book in its entirety. We cannot grant permission to use or create derivative works from, or to take any of Palladium Books' registered trademarks, copyrighted materials and intellectual properties for commercial use or distribution, or financial gain. Individuals and companies looking to "license" a Palladium intellectual property are invited to contact the company directly and discuss the possibilities. A separate, written agreement between you and Palladium will always be required to use any of its trademarks, copyrighted works or intellectual properties. Also because of other licensing agreements that Palladium is actively working on, please note that permission to play online and post derivative works does not include permission to create, publish, and distribute any computer programs, whether they are computer games or computer character generators.

Please consider this paragraph your formal "limited license" to use Palladium copyrighted text and trademarks solely for your own "personal" and "limited use" and enjoyment on the net and other on-line services. In addition, Palladium grants you a "limited license" to create news works which are derivative of Palladium copyrighted text, so long as the resulting "derivative works" are for your "personal use" on the net or other online services, for personal fun, NOT for financial gain, is NOT published, sold, or actively distributed, and has the following statement, "The world, characters, likenesses, rules, titles, names, publications, trademarks and copyrights related to all Palladium Publications are owned and licensed exclusively by Palladium Books Inc.; all rights reserved, worldwide." Thank you.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

personally i just loved the "fights the CS" ones

best laugh in weeks :lol:
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Wolverine - Snickt!

Charles Xavier - Rescue the mutants (and DeeBees?) from persecution - especially children.

Magneto - Blend in for a bit and study his new surroundings (Hmm. Lots of ceramic armor...) Organize a militant pro-mutant group.

Wonder Woman - Champion the oppressed. Join the Shemarrians?

Batman - Be Batman.

Green Arrow - Down with The Man!

Dr. Strange - This must be Dormammu/Sattanish/Mephisto/Nightmare's work! I've been cast into some sort of hellish alternate reality! *Opens Rift back to Marvel Earth. Leaves.*

Silver Surfer - Angst. Leave eventually for the stars.

Green Lantern (any of then) - Find a way to recharge his power ring.

Superman - Be Superman. Thank his lucky stars there is no Kryponite (yet).

Tony Stark - Suspect his armor technology has been stolen by this dimension. Wage another Armor War. Drinking may ensue.

Punisher - Punish the guilty.

Ghost Rider - Avenge the innocent. With a cool new hoverbike. Oh, yeah.

Hulk - Why puny humans no leave Hulk alone? Hulk is the strongest there is! Hulk smash!

Nick Fury - Replace his eye. Gather intel. Plot to overthrow the tyrant Prosek.

Fantastic Four - Reed: Obviously a plot by Dr. Doom/The Mad Thinker/Galactus. Build a dimensional portal. Go home. Catalogue this dimension for future investigation.
Johnny: Score some green-skinned babes. Flame on!
Ben: Appreciate that he is accepted by deebee tolerant societies. Smack the Coalition.
Sue: Try to convince Reed that this dimension needs their help.

Flash - Be the fastest man alive.

Mystic (for those that maybe dont know she is the metamorph from X-Men) - Blend in.

Victor Von Doom Aka Dr. Doom - Hope that damned Richards hasn't discover this dimension yet. Study new magics and technologies while plotting to take over the world.

Kingpin - Set himself up in a nice section of Chi-Town. Run alot of black market deals. Become wealthy.

Daredevil - Set up a law firm in the burbs.

Storm - Become a goddess again.

Cyclops - The only thing he knows how to do - lead a team of mutants.

Iceman - Have a good time, and look good doing it. Fight or run as needed.

Orion - Keep vigil for Darkseid's eventual appearance.

Darkseid - Another dimension to conquer.

Lex Luthor - Hope Superman isn't here. Become a corporate mover and shaker, while trying to secure a position of power for himself.

Captain America - Be appalled at the Coalition. Study them carefully, and make plans to overthrow the tyrant Prosek.

Red Skull - Rejoice at the Coalition. Attempt to get close to and manipulate Emeror Prosek.

Mojo - Lights! Camera! Action!

Joker - Briefly wonder if Batman is around. Mourn even more briefly if he is not. Laugh. Make others laugh.

Clayface (villain from the comic books of Batman) - Clayface 1: Perhaps these people will appreciate my acting and if they don't, I'll make them pay.
Clayface II: Nothing. He's dead. If he were alive, he'd probably use his abilities to gather wealth through theft and impersonation.
Clayface III: Search for a cure.

Lobo - Drink. Kick @$$. Chew bubblegum. Get a new hoverbike or two.
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Wolverine: Becomes a wandering merc who does the occasional (about once a month maybe :p) pro-bono fight to defend some small village from supernatural evil or the CS

Magneto: Uses his powers to keep the killer satellites at bay while setting up a new Asteroid M. Eventually figures out how to reprogram the satellites to do his bidding.

Green Lantern (any of then): This depends on their rings. If they need to find some way to recharge them, as was assumed by everyone here, then keeping a low profile and trying to do what good they can.
But if the rings can recharge on the ambient energy from the Rifts... GL be kicking some ***.

Lex Luthor: Worms his way into the CS with a falsified identity. Works with Bradford. Then he works up a serum that mutates whoever is exposed to it. Slips this serum into the food supply of Bradford, several high ranking CS officers (and the Proseks), then "invents a detector to track the insidious invaders". Since the serum also induces remote activated electrical-aura powers, his targets find it very hard to convince their compatriots that they are not D-Bees.
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Warborn wrote:The Joker: would get M.O.M implants and become the most dangerous crazy of all time. :-D

Or.. The Joker would get M.O.M. implants and gradually start going sane :p
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-yawn- another great thread banned due to "no conver" law... :nh:
Oh wait..this thread HASN'T been locked?!
KEWL! :D :D

Let's try and keep it that way... no stats, just concepts pleez ;)
The narc..err Moderators have enough on their plate with the inevitable flamewars on the Robotech thread. They don't need ulcers or broken finger tips from slamming on the [BAN] or [LOCKED] tabs when peeps post convers. :thwak:

Wouldn't do to make DC & the Marvel / Hause of Mouse angry and drag out the high priced lawyers of doom. :demon:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

First off, the comics (DC & MARVEL) have problem... Tech!
In both worlds the MASS majority of people walk around with tech levels equal to the 90's dispite better stuff existing, but the heroes & villains all have tech that is 1000 years better than the stuff found in PHASE WORLD (which is easy to do since most tech in Palladium was thought up in the 70 & early 80's!)... Hence the tech level of Rifts Earth would be passé/laugh-able and they could always start up companies that would b!tċh the CS overnight...
That said, moving on.

Wolverine: He'd find it hard to live when he realizes that no sexy redheaded psychis girl will go out with him cuz they can read his Mind and are discusted with how paradoxical he is in his need to be "Thought of as Mr.Gruff" and yet he still thinks he still wishes to be treated with luv... The Juxtaposed nature would grind on them. No dice. Then the CS would fragg him with an MDC plasma gun till nothing was left other than his skeleton.
See... The CS deals with regenerators all the F-ing time and HE ain't gonna be much of a suprise...
PLUS, he'll be p!$$ed off when he realizes that his claws only do a pathetic amount of damage thanx to RIFTS not having PENITRATION and thus he just does Strait damage (which is equal to a katana).

Charles Xavier: Be suprised when his mental mojo doesn't impress the natives, and since he is mostly unwilling to ever REALLY use his powers the way they should be used ("But I don't wahhhannnaaa control peoples minds! I believe in personal freedom), he'll get kirb-stopped, which is easy to do considering he'll be on the ground already since can't walk and his Wheel chair got VaPorIzEd in dimmension transit, so THEN he'll get erked and finally realize that "This isn't my world, so why oh why oh why should I keep up my BS good-guy zen facade", and he'll go all ONSLAUGHT on the planet, forcing them to sing feel good songs like "Cumbaya My Lord Xavier" and "Onslaughts Keep Falling On My Head"... Thus revealing what I've said all along about him fer 30+years... That he IS the Evilest bad guy in all of MARVEL and that he's just been playing Coy all this time and pulling everyones strings out of a sence of twisted Diabolicalness.
Never trust psychics!

Magneto: Due to an unforseen Ley Line Ret Con event, mangeto can be heard screamming "Wada yah mean I lost my powers... AGAIN!".

Wonder Woman: She'll be feature in the next Rifter swim suit addition.

Batman: Will become depressed when he realizes that he is hated and shunned by the humans since he Dresses like a 'Demon'... Unable to let go of his Dracula-esqué motif, he is latter shot dead by a farmer just outside of Ciudad Juarez!!!

Green Arrow: Tee'd off at Erin Tarn for taking credit for pushing all of his Liberalistic Hippycritical White People Feel Good causes down everyones throats before he could, he goes on a killing spree in Lazlo and is squashed by Plato in mid-rant. Plato is later heard saying "To bad, he had such potential".

Dr. Strange: Realizing that he now has a 'limited battery' of magical energy which he Never had before ("Wha the 'H' is PPE?-DS), he is Horrified from his new weakend state and does everything he can to get back home... Unable to do so he becomes a Chip 'n' KingsDales dancer and gets in good with the Dudes running the KD magic guild. He's invited back to their place one night After a night of drinking and he hits on a fine looking hotty mage girl and is promply killed by her when she sneezes, turns into a blood covered & thorn skinned kat girl and he freaks out saying "Oh Shadow Queen, itss's U (hick-up) how R yah? ya wannas get it on?"

Silver Surfer:... Boring

Green Lantern (any of then):
---Hal Jordan: Finally realizes his dream of be a folk singer and retires.
---Alan Scott: is finally vindicated when his powers are bolstered 100X's by the Rifts and shoves it in the faces of all the other Lanterns that HIS ring was "Indeed Magic all along... I told yah so!"
---Guy Gardner: Get's drunk, bets his ring in a poker game, looses it, wakes up in a sploogy slave pen with a Zemback symbiot attatched to him and says "Oh no... Noht again!"
---Kyle Rayner: Thanks to his innate art skillz he Realizes that he is now being drawn by Mike Dubish who felt the need to draw him with his 'Wang' constantly visible for all to see. Kyle goes into hidding.
---John Stewart: Becomes the First Aframerican (a word that is New to the people of rifts earth) President of the CS. He gets elected on a platform of Change... That if you don't elect him he'll kick the CS's racist arses into the Stone-age. He get's 99% of the vote! Prozak/sek demands a recount and winds up in locked away in the Black Vault with Erin Tarn where they both promtly announce their hidden LUV for each other (or so the stuff over at FanFiction says).

Superman: "WOOTS!, No Kryptonite... Just lots and lots and LOTS of Magic and Pyschics... Awwww S#!T!!!"

Tony Stark: Gets bumbed that everyone wants him dead in Marvel, finds the Siege Perilous and asks it to take him to a place that no-one knows about him (assuming it would figure out that he Just ment "know about his bad history")... It sends him to Rifts where he is dissapointed that he can not get a date from girls thanx to his creepy 1970's Porno mustach which, of course, causes him to start drinking in bars again, at which point, after a long night of binging, he get his Iron Man suit car Power Armor-jacked by some punks called the Defilers who take it on a joy-ride around the mega-verse before returning it a week later all busted up and spray painted with "KS & Kiss 1980's Unmasked Tour FTW-yo".

Punisher: Get Cybernetics... Goes to bed one night in a dank hotel room in the Burbs... Wakes up the next morning in a bathtube filled with Ice and a note taped to the bathroom mirror saying "We took your cyber arms, Cyber Legs, Cyber Lungs, and Cyber Spleen, call 911"... Castle passed out due to blood loss before getting to the spleen part!

Ghost Rider: Yah know... Ghost Rider does Just fine in Rifts, Untill he tries to collect some contract to a city of lost souls in MeH-He-Co and realizes that they've been supercharged due to the coming of the rifts... Now they force him to rennact scenes from the movies 'Leaving Las Vegas' and 'Raising Arizona' every night for the rest of eternity... Mephisto wins! :twisted:

Hulk: "Hulk Smash", CS Smash back, Hulk win... "Hulk Smash, Lazlo runs... "Hulk SMASH", Splynn teleport him into Sun... Splynn Win!
WOW, that was hard :o

Nick Fury: Dissapointed that Marvel, the guys who are always preaching against racism, made him an aframerican for no other reason than political Correctness, teleports to rift earth along with a still living Michel Jackson (hey, alternate MJ is still alive) using MJ's MoonWalker Robot Dimensional teleporter and asks a mage to use some kinda spell to make both of them right. They both wake up 2 hours after the Ritual in eachothers bodies!!! They both scream and he says "Hey, I just made you white, and You Black! That's right... Right? They scream "That's not what we ment!"

Fantastic Four:
---Reed: Becomes instantly "Fascinated" with this new world and goes off on more of his Quests for Knowledge leaving the team high and dry... Again!
---Sue: Finally Gets p!ssed at him for constantly ignoring her, Dumps his sorry butt and becomes leader of a major city... She kicks @r$ and takes names and is a wise ruler for many more years to come.
---Jonny: Commits suicide after trying to use his Pattented 'SUPER NOVA ATTACK' and for some stupid reason that Never happened when he used it in Marvel, he looses his powers for 2 weeks and when they come back he has new ones (Alter PERSONAL Structure: White Chocolate)... He rolled bad.
---Thing (Ben Grim): Becomes enraged after he goes to a simple med-tech in the CS burbs to look for a cure to his "condition". Turns out that said tech fixes him with an over the counter drug!!! Now able to turn back and forth between forms asks the techi where he got this cure and is suprised to find out that the medicine has been sold on the markets for years under the Name "Reed Richards Transformative Cure All Number 616", And that Reed Always comes here to sell the stuff for a But load of cash.
"IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!"

Flash: During a routine bank heist fighting Boomerang Man, Flash accidentaly moves Too fast and teleports into rifts earth. He Then begins to "Flash" all over the land trying to find out where he is... At somepoint he is running through a forrest and hits a mono-wire trap put up by local hunters intended for getting deer.
Back home in the DC Multi-Verse Boomerang Man wishes he that he knew of "a Simple way to get ride of the Flash once and for all!!!" as he is being hauled off to prison.

Mystic (for those that maybe dont know she is the metamorph from X-Men): Who the f#%k is Mystic???

Victor Von Doom Aka Dr. Doom: Rules the world in twelve minutes flat... And is defeated by a magical puppy twelve minutes later... Cuz that's how smart he is,,,, And how stupid he is!

Kingpin: Eatten by Grig Leapers... (hey, all that mass is really meat, remember... Yu-um-mee!)

Daredevil: Killed by a cousin to the "invisible Stalker' known as the 'lntangible Stalker'... Matt never Saw it coming.

Storm: After being hailed as a bonified goddess from defeating all the vampires in ' The Baron of chaos' village, is found dead a week later after she fell from great heights. Turns out that a lowly teen age vampire was angry after she whipped out his whole clan of 10,000 blood sucker with ease. When he saw her flying up in the air one night, he decided to throw a small rock at her in frustration. It hit her in the head, to his suprise, and she was knock out... He freaked out and ran aways after she hit the ground, fully thinking that she Surely get up being a "goddess" and kill him on the spot! But after a while he returned, kicked her in the foot to see if she'd wake, and then just kinda stood there dumbfounded :-?
"REALLY NOW!!! Come on, that's all it took to take her out??? A small rock! you've gotta be kidding me!"

Cyclops: Form a Boy Scout Troop in Lazlo... Is found Guilty two weeks later of molesting the boys, is aquited by a panel of his peirs (all members of NAMBLA just like him), they get elected to head office of Lazlo's new NAMBLA innitative.Is killed in a twist of irony by a homophobic Milk man on November 27 178PA.
Lazlo morns the loss for a month.

Iceman: Entering into Rifts Ice Man decides to become the next Dale Chihuly (using Ice) and goes into business in Magestar. By the end of the year he is a world wide Phenom and goes on a world tour. His final stop is to Ethiopias eternally drought stricken regions where he is hailed as being "A god who will bring the deserts Hope and Change"-BakingSunTimes.
During his performance he desides to draw upon all the moisture that he can and, given that it is a desert he strains ever so hard to get that much needed water to create his master work, but once he gets enough he forms a 1000ft tall statue of himself for the people who, when he turns around to receive his accolades from, have misteriously all vanished... All that is left are 100's of thousands of garments and Allotta dust.
Ice Man is heard saying "Uh oh spaghettios" and leaves Ethiopia very swiftly.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

I wrote that 4 days ago and just now found it to post it...
I have too many WS & Note pads open at once...
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Drago wrote:
Warborn wrote:Superman and the Hulk: would meet untimely deaths as their relative invincibility is quickly overcome by MD weaponry.

Punisher: I could see him getting a juicer conversion; he's extremely driven and cares nothing for his own life. Plus he would need the edge in rifts earth.

Wolverine: would probably end up as a charred adamantium skeleton, but could adapt and survive if he realized just how deadly MD is before getting himself fried.

The Joker: would get M.O.M implants and become the most dangerous crazy of all time. :-D

Superman, the hulk, wolverine and many of the others mentioned would be converted to mdc beings just by coming to the rifts world check out the super ability conversions in conversion book one espesially the one for invulnerability which both sups and hulk have so mdc weapons wouldnt even singe their hair!!!

I was going to point that out as well, and it slipped my mind. You are correct.
Corinth
D-Bee

Unread post by Corinth »

My game features a Tolkeen protected by the Big Red Cheese. This is a shout-out to the character's origins in publication, which is a big deal where I live (since I'm minutes away from the site of said character's creation).
DracoMagus
Explorer

Unread post by DracoMagus »

I can see Captain America working to bring back the old "American Empire", Maybe even working with the Republicans.

The others mentioned, I'll just default to what's been said earlier about them as I don't know that much about em or have no thoughts on the subject at present.
Remember kids, if speed were everything jackrabbits would Rule the World!!!!

All Hail the Death Metal Rooster!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43JOxLa5MM
Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kalidor »

I don't have any enthusiasm for the "Big Two" anymore, but I think Savage Dragon would be a guy who'd adapt pretty well to the world of Rifts.

Return to “Rifts®”