Swarm Lord NPC

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Swarm Lord NPC

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm rolling up 2 NPC's tonight. One is a saint and one is a Swarm Lord. Once they're done, I'll post them here, but I wanted to let you all know what I'm thinking. The Swarm Lord is going to be level 8 or 9 and is going to have 8 insect/spider legs, Spinnarettes, and maybe one other enhancement. The hive is going to be the abdomen of the armor and will be quite substantial.

Do you think the additional legs prevent the hive armor from having to crouch awkwardly, like in Slappys description? (I'm going to have them negate it in my game, but not the lack of speed. It is such a P.P.E. investment for what is effectively a cosmetic descision for me...and its an NPC, so I'll let it slide.)
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Swarm Lord NPC

Unread post by slappy »

I'm all for using enhancements to negate the weight penalties. Sounds good to me.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

slappy wrote:I'm all for using enhancements to negate the weight penalties. Sounds good to me.

I am prone to agree.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
The Galactus Kid

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:
slappy wrote:I'm all for using enhancements to negate the weight penalties. Sounds good to me.

I am prone to agree.

Why are you prone...laying down on the job...stand up, man.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:

I am prone to agree.

Why are you prone...laying down on the job...stand up, man.

I was hoping someone would go for the disease route, i had this whole shtick worked out and everything. I do appreciate the hit on it though, you punned me in a way i had not expected.

Also, it would be cool if you posted stats on those npc's. I think swarmlords are one of the best occ's, and they are one of my favorites.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
The Galactus Kid

hahaha. Thanks ziggy. I'm working on it right now while watching Underworld evolution on FX

The Galactus Kid

Ok, I have been working on another Splicers project, but I did finish this NPC and he made an appearance in my game last week. I'll try to post him up between watching basketball tonight and working on my Splicers article for the rifter (which is going to be effing rad)

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:Ok, I have been working on another Splicers project, but I did finish this NPC and he made an appearance in my game last week. I'll try to post him up between watching basketball tonight and working on my Splicers article for the rifter (which is going to be effing rad)

Looking forward to the rifter article, and the npc. Also, i was at the orlando magic game, it was pretty good.

Return to “Splicers®”